Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? (26107 Views)

Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? / Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? / That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by adwem2003(m): 10:17am On Jun 29, 2014
femi4: No wonder Nl got hacked

I won't be surprised if it get hacked again. Stupid and ignorant topic on sunday.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by femi4: 10:18am On Jun 29, 2014
aktolly54: we speak truth, the world don't want to hear the truth
Seems you need to start attending marriage seminar
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Deiok(m): 10:21am On Jun 29, 2014
OP and The Mod that put this on the front page, be carefull.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Kirinwa: 10:23am On Jun 29, 2014
Profayo: A question just came to my mind recently,WHY DO PREACHERS RARELY TAKE PREACHING TOPICS FROM SONGS OF SOLOMON? I rarely hear preachers take quotations from that part of the bible.
I think its probably because it's the most "uncensored" part of the bible or what do you think?

Is this your only problem?The carnal mind cannot understand the things of the spirit.
They preach it during wedding.

Besides have you obeyed the commandments and Jesus teachings?
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Idrismusty97(m): 10:24am On Jun 29, 2014
saintneo:

Your definition still killed it. Bianca Ojukwu lived with Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu against her family's wish for many years, can we say that Bianca was Ojukwu's concubine? Let's get it right, Solomon never violated the seventh or ninth commandment.
Do you know the Bible was originally written in Hebrew before King James translated it to English. The Hebrew word for concubine is Pilegesh(פילגש) which means a woman staying in the house often for the purpose of producing offspring, she is not a wife. Do you know Abraham maidservant Hagar is a pilegesh(Concubine)

A pilegesh was recognized among the ancient
Hebrews and enjoyed the same rights in the house as the legitimate wife. Since having children in Judaism was considered a great blessing, legitimate wives often gave their maids to their husbands so they could have children with them when those women themselves where childless, normally because of infertility issues as in the cases of Sarah and Hagar; Leah and Zilpah ; and Rachel and Bilhah . The concubine commanded the same respect and inviolability as the wife, and it was regarded as the deepest dishonor for the man to whom she belonged if hands were laid upon her
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilegesh

Doesn't this tells you something about the 7th and 9th commandments?
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Abbey2sam(m): 10:25am On Jun 29, 2014
Rilwayne001: "We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts ... But my breasts [are] like towers." 8:8-10

^^this verse got me grin grin grin

8 We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts: what shall we do for our sister in the day when she shall be spoken for?
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by lonelydora: 10:26am On Jun 29, 2014
Because of Songs of Solomon 1:2
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by 3RNEST(m): 10:28am On Jun 29, 2014
Sos na toasting chapter....if u want compose love sms try sos... ( kiss
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by nicechic(f): 10:28am On Jun 29, 2014
proo212: They avoid it because Mohammed is mentioned in Songs 5:16...

grin grin
. Liar

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Abbey2sam(m): 10:29am On Jun 29, 2014

grin grin

Songs 5:16 His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

Where do you see muhamud ?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:30am On Jun 29, 2014
At My Age, I Don't Comment On Uselex Post!
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 29, 2014
stone-mind:
Wats my fvkin biz wit ur fvkin religion?
No Offense... .but

You are a fvking fool!! undecided
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by 3RNEST(m): 10:32am On Jun 29, 2014
Young Da Naval: At My Age, I Don't Comment On Uselex Post!
And u just make a comment...lol
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by tunnechi(m): 10:34am On Jun 29, 2014
Macelliot:
You are the dumbest guy I have ever seen.
No wonder, You are an almajiri...
Open ur eyes well well.
Song of Songs 5:16 - His mouth is sweetness itself. He is desirable in every way. Such, 0 women of Jerusalem, is my lover, my friend
Can you see ur lies... Lies you copied from www.Answering-christianity.com which is the highest site with fallacies, fabrications and delusion.
Point out where Solomon songs mentione Muhammed.

u read sumtin wit ur "naked eyes" nd still claim its a fallacy? (i laugh), sum ppl r specially created for JAHANAMAH (d most gruesome hell),Even if God open Heaven nd shout say na him be God,i swear una go call him fallacy...
nd WTF is Taqiyahuna well so? Go get d original bible writen in greek(which is highly secured in 1 of dem secret places,[DEY R HIDIN D TRUTH FROM U DUMMY!!!!])! ur bible's been re-writen,i mean it is "seriusly" changed

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by justi4jesu(f): 10:34am On Jun 29, 2014
They know what they are doing...Leave them oh... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Youngzedd(m): 10:38am On Jun 29, 2014
Idrismusty97: Do you know the Bible was originally in Hebrew before King James translated it to English. The Hebrew word for concubine is Pilegesh(פילגש) which means a woman staying in the house often for the purpose of producing offspring, she is not a wife. Do you know Abraham maidservant Hagar is a pilegesh(Concubine)

Doesn't this tells you something about the 7th and 9th commandments?

Chop knuckle.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Macelliot(m): 10:41am On Jun 29, 2014
tunnechi:
u read sumtin wit ur "naked eyes" nd still claim its a fallacy? (i laugh), sum ppl r specially created for JAHANAMAH (d most gruesome hell),Even if God open Heaven nd shout say na him be God,i swear una go call him fallacy...
nd WTF is Taqiyahuna well so? Go get d original bible writen in greek(which is highly secured in 1 of dem secret places,[DEY R HIDIN D TRUTH FROM U DUMMY!!!!])! ur bible's been re-writen,i mean it is "seriusly" changed
I don't blame you... I can never believe anything a Muslim says because they rely on taqiyya....
Telling lies to promote ur religion is Evil. I never believe God can reveal such a thing to HIS creation...
Holy Holy Holy Lord GOD Almighty, the one who always was, who is and who is to come, may your holy name be Glorified now and forever through Christ our Saviour. Amen...
The choice is yours...........

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Macelliot(m): 10:44am On Jun 29, 2014
roqrules04:

Do you mean the guy is an Anti-Christ
No I never said so...... He is not. I was just trying to explain something... something....
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by saintneo(m): 10:49am On Jun 29, 2014
Idrismusty97: Do you know the Bible was originally in Hebrew before King James translated it to English. The Hebrew word for concubine is Pilegesh(פילגש) which means a woman staying in the house often for the purpose of
producing offspring, she is not a wife. Do you know Abraham maidservant Hagar is a pilegesh(Concubine)

Don't this tells you something about the 7th and 9th commandments?

Dude, you argument is not pinpointing at anything. Those commandments stated; thou shall not commit adultery, thou shall covet your neighbours wife. Did Solomon sleep with another man's wife? Did Solomon wish to have another man's wife? The answer to both questions is NO. Solomon had wisdom, there was no way he would fault the ten commandments.

Now let us reference other bible characters, Judah/Tamar, Obed/Ruth and David/Bethsheba.

Judah's son got married to Tamar, the son angered God and his life was terminated, the second son took over but spilled his semen on the floor refusing to impregnate Tamar and God killed him too. Judah decided to hide his third son so as to prevent death from coming to him. Tamar having the right to have family, disguised herself and got impregnated by her father-in-law Judah. Judah had to accept her as a concubine/wife and prevent her from being stoned to death.

Ruth after losing her husband, she travelled back with her mother-in-law to Israel. She made herself available for Obed literally and she became the grandmother of David.

David first violated the ninth commandment by coveting Bethsheba, then the seventh commandment by sleeping with her despite knowing that she was married to Uriah and finally the sixth commandment by sending Uriah to his death in the battle field. But because of the love between David and God, he was forgiven; he is the man most loved by God not because he kept the commandments but because his relationship with God was more important to him than earthly survival.

Sex is not evil, we need to understand the right perspective about sex. If we do, we will understand Songs of Solomon.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by kaze4blues(m): 10:50am On Jun 29, 2014
simdam500: Bible is a complete book........it has all section Politics, Romance, Business, Investment, Jobs/Vacancies, Career, Education, Properties, Health, Travel, Family, Culture, Religion, Diaries, Pets, Agriculture, Jokes, Celebrities, Fashion, Events, Sports, Gaming, Forum Games, Literature..........

Like seriously. .....

U mean nairaland? Uh?
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by roqrules04(m): 10:51am On Jun 29, 2014
Macelliot:
No I never said so...... He is not. I was just trying to explain something... something....

ok cool
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 29, 2014

grin grin

Okuno! Where in that verse was he mentioned? Ugwunu.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Macelliot(m): 10:54am On Jun 29, 2014

grin grin
I am sorry if I might have insulted you.
But why must you tell lies(taqiyya) to promote ur religion? Why?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2014
tunnechi:
. You are an irredeemable f'o'ol, u claim the verse talks about mohammed, d verse was consequently quoted so you can identify mohammmeds name... Alas, you now claim, d bible has been altered, lemme ask you, which one did you read, d one written in greek or the one in English.. Can u read Greek? Don't tell me one of ur illiterate mallams read it and translated for u gullible fellows

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 29, 2014
tunnechi:

Bloody filthy terrorist... You better take your frustrated life off this thread. Why must you lie? Bloody psychopath

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by simdam500(m): 11:01am On Jun 29, 2014
kaze4blues:

Like seriously. .....

U mean nairaland? Uh?

wink
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:04am On Jun 29, 2014
saintneo:

Dude, you argument is not pinpointing at anything. Those commandments stated; thou shall not commit adultery, thou shall covet your neighbours wife. Did Solomon sleep with another man's wife? Did Solomon wish to have another man's wife? The answer to both questions is NO. Solomon had wisdom, there was no way he would fault the ten commandments.

Now let us reference other bible characters, Judah/Tamar, Obed/Ruth and David/Bethsheba.

Judah's son got married to Tamar, the son angered God and his life was terminated, the second son took over but spilled his semen on the floor refusing to impregnate Tamar and God killed him too. Judah decided to hide his third son so as to prevent death from coming to him. Tamar having the right to have family, disguised herself and got impregnated by her father-in-law Judah. Judah had to accept her as a concubine/wife and prevent her from being stoned to death.

Ruth after losing her husband, she travelled back with her mother-in-law to Israel. She made herself available for Obed literally and she became the grandmother of David.

David first violated the ninth commandment by coveting Bethsheba, then the seventh commandment by sleeping with her despite knowing that she was married to Uriah and finally the sixth commandment by sending Uriah to his death in the battle field. But because of the love between David and God, he was forgiven; he is the man most loved by God not because he kept the commandments but because his relationship with God was more important to him than earthly survival.

Sex is not evil, we need to understand the right perspective about sex. If we do, we will understand Songs of Solomon.
You have completely deflected from the topic. Weren't you once speaking about the 7th commandments(Adultery) so i gave you examples on how Solomon broke it. Solomon has more concubines than wives and according to the Hebrew definition of concubines it means he have sex all of them(Or most of them). They are not his wives, isn't that what adultery is? Sex isn't evil, nobody is saying it is evil. That doesn't means you can jump in bed with anything you see in skirts.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by justi4jesu(f): 11:04am On Jun 29, 2014
Congratulations to me .

In my years as a Christian, I have heard only one sermon preached on the Song of Solomon.

Too bad, it is the most succinct picture of heaven found in Scripture and of the beauties and wonders of love between a man and a woman.

Help yourselves out with these scriptures..

Anticipation (Songs 1:1-2:7)

Love Found, Lost and Found (Songs 2:8-3:5)

Consummation (Song 3:6-5:1)

How Women Should Talk about Their Husbands (Songs 5:2-6:3)

How Men Should Talk about Their Wives (Songs 6:4-7:9)

Getting Away Together (Songs 7:9-8:4)

The Strength of Love (Songs 8:5-14)
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by macof(m): 11:05am On Jun 29, 2014
Lol grin KSV you just have to love that sharp king
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by Arysexy(m): 11:06am On Jun 29, 2014
The MOD dat push dis rubbish to FP needs to do penance asap. Seems NL has nt learnt dia lessons.

How does dis topic edify God on a sunday morning? U can't fight God and succeed.

Expect the next Egyptian plague soon.
Re: Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? by tunnechi(m): 11:06am On Jun 29, 2014
Guys Guys Guys
i know that the truth hurts ok
stop d hate
Dont blame me
Blame the truth
ok?
old testament,new testament,king james version,u should watch out for "king tunechi version"..Unbelievers!!!
1 more thing!, is taqiya in d bible or sumtin?whr dd u get dt frm? is it in the new-new-new testament

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Reasons Youths Go To Church / The Rapture Of The Church - Ron Graham / Prophet Olujobi: Osinbajo Will Be President In 2023. Kanu, Igboho To Be Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.