Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,745 members, 7,802,274 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? (937 Views)

Ronaldo, Messi Or Neuer: Ballon D'or Who Wins It Today? Cast Your Vote / Nominees For The Fifa Ballon D'or Who Will Be The Winner? / Final Three World Best Players Nominees (fifa Ballon D Or) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by SolutionsGuy: 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2014
FIFA Ballon d’Or Award comes up 13th January. Three super stars are the last men standing from whom only one will emerge winner for the male category. The three players are very good with all their national teams qualified for 2014 World Cup. Cristiano Ronaldo was a super sensation during the World Cup playoff for Europe but many fans quickly forgot that if the performance was so spectacular, Portugal would not have found themselves in playoff after finishing second in the group (behind Russia). Franck Ribery’s France was also in playoff in which they triumphed over Ukraine. However, Messi’s Argentina was the first South American team to qualify (Brazil is the host, hence not part of qualifiers).

In clubs, Ribery’s Bayern Munich won all three trophies it played in Germany as well as the UEFA Super Club and FIFA Club World Cup in 2012/2013. Messi’s Barcelona succeeded in winning La Liga and Supercopa de Espana in 2012/13. While Ronaldo’s Real Madrid could not lay hands on any trophy in 2012/13 season.

In terms of goals scored in the period under review, Messi and Ronaldo have performed superlatively, leaving Ribery who is a winger far behind.

After all these, my personal favourite is Franck Henry Pierre Ribéry. #TEAM_RIBERY#

Below is what FIFA has got to say:

CRISTIANO RONALDO
2013 proved to be another goal-drenched year for Cristiano Ronaldo. The Portuguese star helped himself to 34 of them in the 2012/13 Liga season, a haul beaten only by Lionel Messi’s 45, and scored a hatful more in Europe and for his national team. Always on top form for Real Madrid and Portugal, the flying forward, who won the FIFA World Player award in 2008, is only gaining in stature with Los Merengues, and it came as no surprise when he extended his contract with the club to 2018 and said he was considering staying put for the rest of his career.

Lionel MESSI
Since winning an unprecedented fourth consecutive FIFA Ballon d’Or the Barcelona ace has showed no sign whatsoever of letting up, topping the La Liga’s scoring charts as his side made off with the 2012/13 league title. Messi has been just as prolific on the international front, finishing the South American qualifiers for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ as the second-highest marksman. With a third world finals to look forward to next year, the 26-year-old attacking wizard is bearing downing fast on another record, as he seeks to become the highest goalscorer in the history of the UEFA Champions League.

Franck RIBERY
Frustration reigned for Franck Ribery in 2012 as Bayern Munich finished runners-up in the Bundesliga, German Cup and UEFA Champions League, but the dangerous France winger did not have to wait long to exorcise the memory. Operating at a different level since those disappointments, he helped his side win all three competitions in 2013, adding the UEFA Super Cup for good measure. Moreover, he has also shone brighter for Les Bleus in recent times, becoming a more convincing and decisive performer on the international stage. Reputed for his mesmerising dribbles, precise shooting ability, and explosive acceleration, those qualities could well keep Bayern on top at home and abroad and inspire France to force their way back into the limelight – just as they convinced UEFA to crown him the Best Player in Europe in 2013.
Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by SolutionsGuy: 8:22am On Jan 10, 2014
Apparently people are so engrossed in CAF Awards . . . sorry Mikel!
Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by realtem(m): 8:34am On Jan 10, 2014
Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by cr7lomo: 10:31am On Jan 10, 2014
Cr7 will yaya it on that day
Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by nerodenero: 11:20am On Jan 10, 2014
If FIFA goes by CAF's selection process of choosing Yaya, then, Messi wins it. Messi will win based on the fact that his individual performance outshines Ronaldo and Ribery who has won more trophies than the rest in 2013.
Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by Krasid(m): 11:32am On Jan 10, 2014
nerodenero: If FIFA goes by CAF's selection process of choosing Yaya, then, Messi wins it. Messi will win based on the fact that his individual performance outshines Ronaldo and Ribery who has won more trophies than the rest in 2013.
How did Messi outshine Ronaldo in 2013? You must have been watching the back of your television, because from what I know Ronaldo scored more goals(69) than Messi(45) and Ribery(23) combined.Now that's what I call individual brilliance.
Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by nerodenero: 12:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
Krasid: How did Messi outshine Ronaldo in 2013? You must have been watching the back of your television, because from what I know Ronaldo scored more goals(69) than Messi(45) and Ribery(23) combined.Now that's what I call individual brilliance.
1. Ronaldo = 69 goals in 60 games for both Club and Country
2. Messi = 45 goals in 46 games for both Club and country
Do the mathematics.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by Krasid(m): 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2014
nerodenero:
Do the mathematics.
Are you okay, which mathematics are you talking about?

Ronaldo's goal per game ratio= 1.15
Messi's goal per game ratio= 0.98

What else do you want to know?
Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by marutimon: 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
nerodenero:
Do the mathematics.

Did them. The result was Ronaldo > Messi.
Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by nerodenero: 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
Krasid: Are you okay, which mathematics are you talking about?

Ronaldo's goal per game ratio= 1.15
Messi's goal per game ratio= 0.98

What else do you want to know?
Must you attach insult because you want to drive home your point. Two insult from two submissions{@the bolded above and below]!!! Na wa for you.
Krasid: You must have been watching the back of your television
Olodo buruku!!!
Goal per game for Ronaldo =
69 goals = 60 games
1 goal = x
x = 60/69 = 0.0869
Goal per game for Messi =
45 goals = 46 games
1 goal = x
x = 45/46 = 0.97
Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by Krasid(m): 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2014
nerodenero: Must you attach insult because you want to drive home your point. Two insult from two submissions{@the bolded above and below]!!! Na wa for you. Olodo buruku!!!
Goal per game for Ronaldo =
69 goals = 60 games
1 goal = x
x = 60/69 = 0.0869
Goal per game for Messi =
45 goals = 46 games
1 goal = x
x = 45/66 = 0.97

Guy, sorry for this ,but you are the dumb one here.That is not the way to calculate goal per game ratio.Google how to calculate goal per game ratio.How can somebody with 69 goals in 60 games have a 0.08 goal ratio.Even common sense will tell you that you are wrong.Even some of your calculation like the one bolded is still wrong.
Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by Krasid(m): 2:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
Read this carefully and learn nerodenero.
.:
The formula is in the unit.If you want to calculate goals per game, then you take the number of goals and divide by the number of games.So someone who plays 150 games and scores 30 goals would have an efficiency of:
30 goals / 150 games = 0.3333
goals per game

Simple logic, that's why it is called goals(69) per(/) game(60) ratio.And that's how I got my ratios for CR7 and Messi.

Hope you have learnt something today.
CR7=69/60=1.15
Messi=45/46=0.98
Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by nerodenero: 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2014
Krasid: Read this carefully and learn nerodenero.

Simple logic, that's why it is called goals(69) per(/) game(60) ratio.And that's how I got my ratios for CR7 and Messi.

Hope you have learnt something today.
CR7=69/60=1.15
Messi=45/46=0.98
What I calculated for Ronaldo was (x = 60/69 = 0.0869)game/goal, that makes me wrong for calculating goal/game and you, correct. It is suppose to be 69/60=1.15goal/game. The calculation for Messi is right, x =45/46 = 0.9782goal/game. You WIN and I accept the defeat.
Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by psalmdave(m): 3:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ronaldo is the currently the best player in the world......
Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by SolutionsGuy: 10:56pm On Jan 10, 2014
Full and complete analysis will bring Messi ahead of Ronaldo. Consider how many goals by penalty, records broken, and that Portugal couldn't even qualify directly for WC but by playoff.
However, I remain #Team_Ribery. For packing all available trophies and an aggressive winger.
Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by MrMac10(m): 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
If FIFA can be objective then ribery should be world best
Re: FIFA Ballon D'or: Who Is Your Favourite? by Krasid(m): 11:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
In 2010 sneijder won 5 trophies for inter and reached the world cup final but was not even nominated in the final three.So I don't think Ribery will win.Ronaldo is clear favourite.

(1) (Reply)

Photos- Balotelli, Fans Make Fun Of Suarez Biting Scandal With His Poster / Iheanacho Included In Man City US Tour Squad / Who Will Win The Copa America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.