Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship (1538 Views)

Signs That Proves You Are Not A Pretty Lady! / Need Romantic Ideas. I Want To Take My Girlfriend Out Today / When DNA Proves You Are Not The Father (what Will You Do?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship by beautybrains1(f): 5:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
1. RELATIONSHIPS CAN KILL YOUR FINANCIAL STABILITY
When you get married, you accept everything about your partner—including their bad
credit. Studies have shown that modern women are more financially responsible than
men in many respects.
Taking on their bad credit score can affect all areas of your financial stability. It can
even affect your car insurance. State Farm and many other companies require records
of every adult in your household. That means an irresponsible person could push your
rate up even before you get married.
2. RELATIONSHIPS GET IN THE WAY OF CAREERS
Perhaps it’s unfortunate, but many people find it impossible to manage romantic
relationships while focusing on their careers. Without a significant around, you can
stay at the office as late as you want. Want to work weekends without catching grief?
No problem.
Maybe you’ll decide to start a relationship later, but for now, you want to focus on
building your career.
3. RELATIONSHIPS STEAL YOU FROM YOUR FRIENDS
You always said you’d put your friends before your relationship. How many times have
you seen one of your friends fall away from your usual group because they started
dating some someone?
You could fall into that trap, too. At the beginning of their relationships, couples often
want to spend as much time together as possible. That’s fine for a while, but then it
becomes a routine. A year later, you wonder why you never see your friends anymore.
4. RELATIONSHIPS RESTRICT VARIETY
Do you really want to restrict yourself to one person? Most romantic partners will
want monogamous relationships that restrict your variety. It’s not just about sex,
either. You can learn a lot about life by dating people casually. Once things start getting
serious, though, you can wave goodbye to spending one evening with a person who likes
to go to art museums and spending the next with one who loves going out to dance.
If you want that kind of variety in your life, you either have to remain single or find
the coolest partner in the world. Good luck with the latter.
5. YOU DON’T NEED THEM
Society tells you that you need a romantic relationship, but you don’t. Where’s the
proof that you have to settle down with one person to have a good life? It just isn’t
there.
Consider all of the famous, powerful, amazing women who never got married. That
list includes:
Genevieve Nnaji
Susan B. Anthony
Florence Nightingale
Coco Chanel
Greta Garbo
Winona Ryder
Kylie Minogue
Cameron Diaz
If you’re single, you’re in good company with these women.
6. YOUR DOG GIVES BETTER KISSES WITHOUT ALL OF THE DEMANDS
You don’t need a romantic relationship to have a great companion. Dogs give better
kisses, and they don’t get pushy about those kisses leading to other things.
Besides, who’s happier to see you when you come home, a dog or a romantic partner?
If you want unconditional love, then you have to go with the dog.
7. UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS CAN LITERALLY MAKE YOU UNHEALTHY
The stress of a bad relationship can last a lifetime. It could also shorten your lifespan
(which might not sound so bad after a few years of scowling across the breakfast table
at the same person).
Researchers at Ohio State University found that couples in unhealthy, stressful
relationships were actually less healthy than people who didn’t live with that stress. To
test the hypothesis, they gave individuals small blisters on their arms and had them
discuss difficult topics with their spouses.
Those who had hostile communication styles healed slower than those who knew how to
communicate in a positive, respectful manner. That doesn’t mean all romantic
relationships are killers, but do you really want to take that chance?
Re: 7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
So Damn True
Re: 7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship by Justeenaleo(f): 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
That's how d writer sees it
I cud bet one half of my asss,these ppl u mention r dying inside for sumone to cuddle
Romantic relationship in ma perspective could b a source of motivation wen it comes to finance,if u love sumone u'd not wnt to b a liability,u'd go as far as workin double to support each oda.....
In short y I dey waste time,......if u r a human no matter how u see it,u'd always long for romance
Ogwu ka oham na onu

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship by OKUCHI11(m): 6:02pm On Jan 09, 2014
U C I HAVE BEEN LOOKING 4 DIS 1 POST \ THREAD GOD GO BLESS U 4 DIS REASON i don get good reason not 2 spend unecessary money
Re: 7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship by philfearon(m): 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2014
Justeenaleo: That's how d writer sees it
I cud bet one half of my asss,these ppl u mention r dying inside for sumone to cuddle
Romantic relationship in ma perspective could b a source of motivation wen it comes to finance,if u love sumone u'd not wnt to b a liability,u'd go as far as workin double to support each oda.....
In short y I dey waste time,......if u r a human no matter how u see it,u'd always long for romance
Ogwu ka oham na onu
You brought me here o...
Make e no be say Na that "our" asss you dey bet OK.....no vex
Re: 7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship by Calculusfx: 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ogwu ka oham na onu
.that's nothing but a mendacity...read about isaac newton(the greatest mathematician)
Re: 7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship by Justeenaleo(f): 7:01pm On Jan 09, 2014
philfearon:
You brought me here o...
Make e no be say Na that "our" asss you dey bet OK.....no vex
Hahahaha
Re: 7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship by flolancracker: 12:44am On Jan 10, 2014
angry yet another dog- woman thread.
Re: 7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship by aventura: 1:58am On Jan 10, 2014
The op is a serial heartbreakee cool
Re: 7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship by philfearon(m): 8:01am On Jan 10, 2014
Justeenaleo:
Hahahaha
Glad u laughed....
Re: 7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship by Enegod(m): 3:28pm On Jan 10, 2014
I cud bet one half of my asss
shocked
Re: 7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship by philfearon(m): 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2014
Enegod: shocked
E don do abeg....
The assss betting don finish since!
Re: 7 Reasons That Proves You Don't Need Romantic Relationship by Justeenaleo(f): 8:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
Enegod: shocked
Ok d two halves sad

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Ugly Guy With No Confidence Help...help / How To ‘test-drive’ Your Man Before Marriage / You May Kiss Your Bride.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.