Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair (20626 Views)

Adorable Photos Of A Nigerian Father Blow Drying His Daughter’s Hair / Its Children's Day: Upload A Picture Of Your Baby And Send Him/her A Shout Out. / My Daughter's Hair Is Not Growing At The Back Of Her Head. What Can I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by money121(m): 6:39pm On Jan 09, 2014
So this dad, 39 years old Doyin Richards who currently lives in Los Angeles and is on paternity leave, posted this sweet picture of himself cradling his 6 months old baby girl in an Ergo while brushing his 2 years old daughter’s hair on Twitter and Facebook.

According to Doyin , one morning, his wife was running late for work and was worried that she wouldn’t be able to get their daughter’s hair done before she went to school that day. He told her that she could leave, that he would handle it. His wife countered by saying that doing their daughter’s hair requires attention and the baby would get upset if he left her alone while he played the role of stylist. Again, he told her that he’d handle it.

On the way out she said, ‘I’ll believe it when I see it.’

” So while she was gone, Doyin placed his infant into her carrier and “worked his hair magic” on their older daughter.

He also set up his camera, enabled its 10-second timer, and snapped a photo to prove to his wife that he could handle the job.

Excitedly, he later shares the pictures on Twitter, Facebook and in a matter of hours, the photo went viral, quickly amassing nearly 5,000 shares, 3,000 comments, and 190,000 likes, along with a totally unexpected slew of mean-spirited remarks, racist comments.

Some commenters took issue with the color of his skin, making cruel assumptions about his lifestyle. That being a doting father as an African American man shows weakness.

Some of the nasty comments: ‘I would bet anything that you’re a deadbeat.

Cute picture. Now why don’t you hand the children back to their mom so you can go back to selling drugs or your bootleg rap CDs?

He probably rented those kids. They don’t even look like him. Look at this Uncle Tom.

No chance he would be doing this if his kids were black.

So do you do this for all of your illegitimate kids?”

I’m sorry, but I can’t support a brotha who didn’t marry a black woman,’ wrote another critic.

However, Doyin also lashed back at his haters, saying:

‘Grow up and stop being so f****** ignorant.

You’re a damn embarrassment to Dr King and his legacy.

Memo to the small pocket of male haters I have: It’s not a good look to tear down dads for doing the work your wives wished you were man enough to do on your own.

If you don’t believe me, just ask your spouses.

They’ll tell you.”

MORE PICS HERE >> http://www.gistmelove..com/2014/01/do-you-see-anything-wrong-with-what.html

1 Like

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by Dlionsheart: 6:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
Nothing is wrong if its casual or it happen occasionally to help his darling wife especially when she's busy, but ITS TOTALLY WRONG IF THE WIFE SEE IT AS A RIGHT FOR HER TO SEAT DOWN DOING NOTHING WHILE THE HUSBAND WILL BE CARRYING THE BABY AND DOING OTHER HOUSE CHORUS.

3 Likes

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by zaziakoni(f): 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2014
wen wl backs ever grow
Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by freda506(f): 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
^^^^seriously undecided undecided
Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by OCTAVO: 11:44pm On Jan 09, 2014
Lolz @ adult toys grin

1 Like

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by gluv01(f): 12:22am On Jan 10, 2014
I like his reply at the backlash...Ignorant racists! undecided
*mimicking a comment- sorry i can't support a brother who didn't marry a black woman* but she lives in their country ehn? mttcchhewwundecided

We sell all kinds of adult toys, to be delivered discreetly to u, ranging from all types of flexible, elastic, big artificial joystick to Romance-Machines.
And you? you see small pikin for pishure come carry adult toys put for thread
Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by Idowuogbo(f): 12:29am On Jan 10, 2014
Awwwwww.... Me likey! Go Daddy! U rock! kiss

8 Likes

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by flolancracker: 1:20am On Jan 10, 2014
undecided ^^ see them.
Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by flolancracker: 1:21am On Jan 10, 2014
And you? you see small pikin for pishure come carry adult toys put for thread [/quote] grin grin grin
Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by aventura: 1:55am On Jan 10, 2014
The man don chop okro soup. undecided undecided undecided

Chai God dey.. undecided
Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by chukxie(m): 3:14am On Jan 10, 2014
How can taking care of one's child/children even be remotely considered a bad thing? Or a show of weakness on the man's part? Anyone who thinks the man was a weakling for taking care of his kids probably grew up in a home devoid of parental love and care or a mental institution.

16 Likes

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by Mynd44: 4:28am On Jan 10, 2014
People go carry another man matter for head like say na job

3 Likes

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by tpia5: 4:32am On Jan 10, 2014

2 Likes

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by tpia5: 4:39am On Jan 10, 2014
why are nigerians in the spotlight these days?
Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by GentleMimi: 6:19am On Jan 10, 2014
There is absolutely nofin wrong wif this pix.I admire and respect this father.I wish other fathers learn that it is no big deal to do the extraordinary for ur kids once in a while.It creates an eternal bond.Imagine a father going to the hair salon wif his daughter as a kid? I love my daddy die!
As for those males bashing him,fu*ck you and ur ego.Being a ''man'' is not justified by the third leg btw ur thighs,no! Some men earn a living making hair for females....so why not for their kids? Will it make him a lesser man if he makes Mrs. Obama's hair?

5 Likes

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by lilmax(m): 8:39am On Jan 10, 2014
Nothing is wrong....infact it makes the bond stronger between the father and the children
Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by nerodenero: 9:05am On Jan 10, 2014
If the man does it when the wife is indispose, then, he is probably one of the best dads around. It goes to show that the new dad was well trained by his own dad/Mum. He must have been shown a lot of love, hence, the reason he is reciprocating.

1 Like

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by jesuspikinjp(m): 9:09am On Jan 10, 2014
What the is wrong with looking after your own kids ? some people self
Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by rodeo0070(m): 9:11am On Jan 10, 2014
Kini big deal? Carry go jare. You are the real man of the house...

1 Like

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by LadyH(f): 9:42am On Jan 10, 2014
This is unbelievable! A man showing love 4 his family is being considered as weak Wetin person no go hear?? undecided

Open Letter To My Future Husband; OGA LEARN OOO!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by freecocoa(f): 10:06am On Jan 10, 2014
Aww such a lovely man, God bless his beautiful soul.

I wonder what kinda person sees a man taking care of his children as weak, na wa o.

1 Like

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by passionate88: 12:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
zazi akoni: wen wl backs ever grow
make ur back grow first. grin grin
Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by LadyH(f): 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
passionate88: make ur back grow first. grin grin
ldfm!
Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by Akshow: 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
I see a confident man that is very comfortable with his sexuality. It takes some balls to do this.

3 Likes

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by tpia5: 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2014
Was he uncomfortable with his sexuality before?

2 Likes

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by mgbeketoto: 4:03pm On Jan 10, 2014
MEEEEEHN!
Fadas are MADE, not born!!!

I LOOOOOOOOVE THIS!!!
Lucky girls!!!!
Their MAMA NA WHITE! No wonder!!! grin

1 Like

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by Temismith(f): 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2014
lavly grin
Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:39pm On Jan 10, 2014
D lion'sheart:
Nothing is wrong if its casual or it happen occasionally to help his darling wife especially when she's busy, but ITS TOTALLY WRONG IF THE WIFE SEE IT AS A RIGHT FOR HER TO SEAT DOWN DOING NOTHING WHILE THE HUSBAND WILL BE CARRYING THE BABY AND DOING OTHER HOUSE CHORUS.
African mentality

1 Like

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 10, 2014
Thread closed! grin https://www.nairaland.com/1586400/worlds-most-awesome-dad-nigerian grin grin grin grin grin

Dear super moderator please do your job. I posted it first! cool

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by deeptesting(m): 10:55pm On Jan 10, 2014
Who even told the haters that the man came to this world to live on their opinion? Most people are just dumb that they think they can impose their miserable life on others...What is wrong with a man taking care of his kids whether the wife is indisposed or not? I beg dey should park the car properly to enable the humble Dad reverse his airplane and fly out with his kids for site seeing.

3 Likes

Re: A Father Cradling A Baby And Styling His Daughter's Hair by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
Is he a single parent?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Effects Of High Cost Of Marriage In Nigeria / My Fiancée Is An Actress, Please Advice. / Couple Force Daughter To Drink Her Urine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.