Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan (33691 Views)

Bishop Wale Oke Dares Jonathan / APC Dares Jonathan To Sue Akande For Libel / Gov. Sylva Dares Jonathan And Flags Off Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by dounleedee: 1:16pm On Jan 10, 2014
mbhs139:

I wonder what kind and type of education children of now-a-days receive! So, in your mind ministers are the same with a CBN Governor? Didn't you read in the post the mode of appointing and removing a CBN Governor in Nigeria? Anyway, for your information, ministers and a CBN Governor are not in the same shoes; while the latter are political appointees, the former is a professional whose hand lies the economic success or otherwise of the nation. As a matter of fact, appointing a minister of finance as the economic coordinator does not really show a sense of sound judgement. Those in charge of monetary policy would have otherwise be in a better position. I stand to be corrected; i'm not laying claim to this knowledge.

You''re very much in sync. It's equivalent to appointing the company accountant to double as the administration manager whose extended responsibutilities also include procurement.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by djfaithy: 1:19pm On Jan 10, 2014
maggdon: The interpretation of CBN act of 2007 section 11 states clearly that the preasident cant unilaterally sack d CBN governor, he nids 2/3 of the senate house to enact the removal clause... However he can recommend for his sack... My point is to the ppl shouting that he should be removed unlawfully, that is the problem with nigerian youths.. No regard for d law
. Not every Nigerian youths bro, we know those who are lawless, you find them everywhere in the world, they are the ones that has been giving us bad name internationally, they are the ones who started war and division among tribes in Nigeria, they are the one that shout on top of their voices, whereas they are just empty barrels with fraudulent mentality...if you are looking for the greatest prostitutes and armed robbers of all time, you are going to find it them.....naturally and culturally they are lawless. We know them and they know themselves.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by dad007(m): 1:20pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mynd_44:
GEJ does not have the powers to lock up his office, he does not have the powers to get him arrested and GEJ alone did not employ him. He was nominated and the senate confirmed him. How this works is that if he is to be fired then the same process that brought him in is the one that can force him out which involves the president and the senate.

The president can't act unilaterally in this case
I love your post.But how I wish the same process applied also to the inpsector general and co,the politicians would not have been able to use the police against his perceived enemies.Anyway,I hope one day,we go reach there.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2014
[quote author=ebosed][/quote]I dare you opening your forum
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by BlueMagic2(m): 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2014
GEJ Jonathan is the biggest fool Nigeria has ever had as a president. Corrupt, incompetent, unsure, weak leader, insincere, clueless. Jonathan should be the one to resign
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by djfaithy: 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ishsoph:

I don't engage in emotional discussion(s).
Now bounce!
. No wonder you are not passionate about the well being of Nigeria,so far gej stays in office till 2019 even if he send us back to 1966.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
shymexx:

Bruv, not everything has to be in black and white for you to be able to discern what's going on. There's no smoke without fire. If you go back and read the article carefully - you would see that there was a "family meeting" at the CBN. And the CBN's media director, one Mr. Okoroafor, addressed the press afterwards, about the latest development.

Now, connect the dots and read the handwriting on the wall.

Brethren from the south-side, you are right on the money with this one.
The fact is, not only was there a clear agenda to get rid of Sanusi before this volte-face, there were also a number of articles written to set the tone.

It is all about reading those tea leaves, I suppose.

Why Lamido failed to get presidential nod for a second term

05 January 2014

ABUJA (PSN)---Fresh facts have emerged as regards why the outgoing governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, could not get a second term in office.

Contrary to the impression being created by the CBN governor that he was not interested in a second term in office, Per Second News authoritatively gathered that he actually approached the Presidency for an extension of his term which expires in about three months' time.
He was said to have recently persuaded the Emir of Kano, His Highness Saa'd Abubakar III, to help him prevail on President Goodluck Jonathan to extend his term in office.

A reliable source told Per Second News that Jonathan turned down the monarch's request, saying that the CBN governor could not be trusted, given his several policy somersaults, inconsistent and embarassing public utterances in recent times.

The president, according to the source, insistedly told the respected traditional ruler in the presence of Sanusi that the CBN governor would not stay beyond his first term in office.

Jonathan was said to have informed the Emir, in the presence of a governor from one of the South-South states who was there on a different mission, that a person with such a repute like Sanusi could not be entrusted with such a high office as the CBN governor

Among his many sins, Mallam Sanusi wrote a fallacious letter to the president, complaining of a missing £49.8 billion funds from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) meant to be remitted to the Federation accounts.

The allegation made senators elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to address a press conference, calling on President Jonathan to constitute a thorough probe into the missing fund.

However, after a two-day reconciliation exercise with NNPC, FIRS, DPR and CBN, and an appearance before the Senate Committee on Finance and Appropriation, last December, the CBN governor recanted, saying he got his figures wrong and blamed his staffs for providing him with wrong data.

He concluded then that, rather than $49.8 billion, what is yet to be accounted for is actually $12 billion.

Even at that, the Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr (Mrs)Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, faulted Sanusi as she told the Senate committee that the yet-to-be remitted amount is $10 billion.

It was later found out, after about three more days of reconciliation, that the $10 billion was actually remitted to CBN months before Sansui's false alarm, under a separate heading by FIRS and DPR (Department of Petroleum Resources).

Curiously, APC senators, who had insinuated that the Jonathan administration was characterised by massive and unprecedented corruption, are yet to react to Sanusi's recant.

Sanusi's tenure as the governor of the apex bank was also marred with controversies, especially his inability to reconcile the accounts of CBN or making accounts of CBN available to Nigerians or the National Assembly on request.

He was also accused of using the bank's funds as personal donations to unapproved causes.

Another source revealed that Mallam Sanusi refused to forgive President Jonathan after the president stopped his plan to print new N5,000 Naira note, which the CBN governor have already finalised discussions with overseas contractors.

Following the negative reactions and criticisms that greeted the proposed introduction of the N5,000 denomination, Sanusi had told Nigerians that there was no plan to do such.

The denial notwithstanding, he was however said to be seething anger over the step taken by the president and was looking for ways to deal with him for stopping his pet project.

According to the source, the outgoing CBN governor felt the best way to get back at Jonathan was to soil his administration integrity with such frivolous corruption allegations.

He was however shocked when financial experts from the FIRS, DPR and NNPC busted his lies.
This forced Sanusi to make an open apology to the respective departments and Nigerians on television.

Consequently, the retiring CBN governor was ordered, late last year, by the Presidency to proceed on compulsory retirement on or before March 2014 as his tenure as CBN governor will not be renewed.

This order to proceed on a compulsory leave will come months before his term expires in 2014.

Source
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2014
shymexx:

Bruv, not everything has to be in black and white for you to be able to discern what's going on. There's no smoke without fire. If you go back and read the article carefully - you would see that there was a "family meeting" at the CBN. And the CBN's media director, one Mr. Okoroafor, addressed the press afterwards, about the latest development.

Now, connect the dots and read the handwriting on the wall.

Bro i did not see anything threatening on that post. I read people refuting a rumor about the CBN Governor's early retirement. No sign of threat or pressure. @shymexx you can do better than this. Read the text again.

”He is not proceeding on retirement leave by March as being speculated; rather, he will be retiring on June 2 this year when he will be completing his five-year single tenure"

Where did he confront GEJ or when did GEJ threaten to sack him? Even the Senate said it was a rumor. Please point me to the line as i cannot see any handwriting on the wall.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
rudedough:

Bro i did not see anything threatening on that post. I read people refuting a rumor about the CBN Governor's early retirement. No sign of threat or pressure. @shymexx you can do better than this. Read the text again.

”He is not proceeding on retirement leave by March as being speculated; rather, he will be retiring on June 2 this year when he will be completing his five-year single tenure"

Where did he confront GEJ or when did GEJ threaten to sack him? Even the Senate said it was a rumor. Please point me to the line as i cannot see any handwriting on the wall.

One account of what went down.

Sanusi also expressed his surprise to the president that he was the one being asked to resign instead of the president to ask those responsible for the non-remittance of the funds to resign.His response, which threw the president aback, degenerated into a heated exchange during which Sanusi told the president that as the federal government’s Chief Economic Adviser, mandatorily required to bring issues of critical economic importance to the attention of the president, he had done a patriotic duty to his country.“He informed the president that it is necessary to deal with the issues and not the letter that had been leaked since it has since been established that it was not $49.8 billion that had not been remitted to the Federation Account, but $10.8 billion, which was still in dispute and by any stretch of imagination was still a large sum.“Sanusi felt he was being forced out for doing his patriotic duty to his country by drawing attention to the unaccounted funds. He only has two months to go, so this was a ploy to force him out and destroy his career and reputation.“He knew this and for this reason, refused to throw in the towel as requested by the president,” a source familiar with the conversation said.But the president was said to have remained adamant and insisted on the CBN governor’s resignation.

Following the exchange, Sanusi, another source said, briefed his close aides at the CBN and family of what had transpired between himself and the president. The source said he did it to shield himself from harm, as he felt his life might be in danger for defying the direct order of the president.
Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/president-asks-sanusi-to-resign-over-leaked-49-8bn-letter/168407/
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 10, 2014
eGuerrilla:

The fact is, not only was there a clear agenda to get rid of Sanusi before this volte-face, there were also a number of articles written to set the tone.

http://www.persecondnews.com/index.php/psn-news/item/261-why-lamido-failed-to-get-presidential-nod-for-a-second-term

And we are suppose to believe your source Per Second News. grin grin Joke of the year.

From one Propaganda to another and another. Everyday a new one springs up. Source: Linda Ikeji blog.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 10, 2014
rudedough:

And we are suppose to believe your source Per Second News. grin grin Joke of the year.

I knew that low hanging fruit would have you salivating. grin

What is clear is that, not only did you fail to connect with Shymexx's point, you also missed mine by a mile.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by dagbokoncept(m): 1:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
Gamji007:

These are the kind of daft people that whisper into GEJ's ear to sack Lamido, and the daft phd holder won't remind them he needs clearance from the legislators to do so.

Sanusi Lamido is not a minister. Please calm down and read well, biko.
What an excellent piece. U are just too too intelligent. Keep it up bro
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 10, 2014
eGuerrilla:

One account of what went down.

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/president-asks-sanusi-to-resign-over-leaked-49-8bn-letter/168407/

[b]I just read your news from Thisday and i discovered that this conversation was held over the telephone.

* Effort to contact Sanusi for a verification failed

* Effort to contact the President's office for verification failed too... But

"a source" was there and he heard the whole conversation both from the caller's side and receiver's side

"a source" lives with Sanusi both in his office and bedroom.

"a source" provided the news and "another source" confirms it and "more source" makes the news authentic.

Isn't "a source" the same person that said President Jonathan was admitted in London after his birthday party for drinking excess ogogoro. But later we discovered that "a source" lied because GEJ was admitted as a result of food poisoning in Gambia.

This "a source" must be a very good private investigator.

I will love to meet this guy "a source".

cheesy cheesy SMH for you and "a source"... Until you take a picture with "a source" and upload it on Nairaland, i will not believe any word from "a source".
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by flexshop(m): 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
If only I was president,SLS won't even know what will hit him. this mans case is simple, put him on 6months compulsory leave and appoint an acting CBN governor, case closed.
Jona my man, you need better advisers, these ones you have are not intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by BabaOlowo: 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
boneruns:

I thought you're studying in UK?

The guy is doing correspondence course o!
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by klax(m): 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2014
But lets wait a minute why is it that these people has just chosen to disrespect Gej honestly this is not fair. It's in this Gej issues I realized it is silly and dangerous to be too nice as a matter of fact a leader should not be nice at all because if Gej is like OBJ or Abacha I guess all these animals would not be daring him.

Who a hell is Sanusi to say he wont resign Honestly Gej I beg you in the name of God sack this man and forced him out of that office and let see what this ranting Hausa will do, lets see all they got and they're bragging about, they have used Boko Animals and yet Nigeria did not crumble so what else is left for them to use nothing than just mere toothless bragging.

Sanusi is long due to be fired, I have never known or heard any country in a civilized world that the CBN Gov. is second to God this is so annoying and insulting to the nation called Nigeria. Please for those in the house who had travel well enough please can anyone compare this uncalled for popularity of this I d I o t terrorist called Sanusi to UK, US, South Africa, China, Japan, Germany even Ghana Apex bank head or Governor

A week will not pass without this idiot called Sanusi name not hitting news headline what a hell is all this fellow Nigeria Are we truly a Republic of people or just a Banana Republic. Hausa now hijacked Nigeria and make themselves a threat to everyone making themselves a fearful demon in Nigeria soil just because a South South man became president this is so nasty and embarrassing indeed. Boko Animals will be boasting, Sanusi will be boasting, El Rufai will be bragging, Ribadu will be yarning nonsense, Buhari will be backing terrorist and shariasm etc who a hell are these God forsaken tribes in Nigeria think they are?? Lord Luggard I say it again wherever you are God will punish you because if this Anufia called Hausa's did not joined Nigeria this country would have be more better honestly. Anyway I know one day is one day.

All I care about is Gej must sack him right away democracy does define as demonstration of craziness or disrespectful for the president.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by dvee2: 2:19pm On Jan 10, 2014
rudedough: Igbos are very ungrateful. Sanusi worked with GEJ since his administration, stabilized our economy, created policies that made our economy stand at No. 1 in the world, financed SMEs and created job opportunities.

Just a little propaganda by the opposition, Igbos are already calling the man Boko Haram, Islamic extremist, useless and what not. I am an Igbo man and i must say that i am very disappointed.

Thank you very much for your objectivity, this trait is very rare these days in Nigeria. However, I don't agree that it's Igbos that are ungrateful, there are millions of Igbos who know exactly what is going on in Nigeria today is disappointing, believe me I meet them daily. However, those am disappointed of are the GEJ appologist who see any criticism of this administration as a ploy of the opposition or the north/west to wrestle power from GEJ. Who see nothing wrong in what Stella odua has done,who praises the achievement of this government but fail to give credit to Sanusi simply because he is a northerner. There is absolutely no way you can honestly say this government have achieved any economic success without giving credit to Sanusi, even GEJ cannot say that. Yet we have his supporters coming here to say Sanusi is incompetent, are you serious? He remains the most outstanding CBN Governor ever and this is indisputable by any standard. Please be objective and research. Don't always follow the crowd.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by david290(m): 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2014
maasoap: And how much is $10 billion in naira? 1.6 trillion naira! Can you see your life?
oga free yourself from tribalism.d money you're beefing d guy 4,isn't it enough 2 feed d whole of nigeria? And again d money has it been recovered?
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
eGuerrilla:

Source

The whole drama is interesting...and from the bigger picture, GEJ might be complicit in the fraud engulfing the NNPC. Hence, the need to get rid of the odd guy in the mix. If not, why get rid of the most articulate and arguably the smartest person in the mix, when it comes to the country's economy and finances?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2014
rudedough:

Err...perhaps, we should use a few excerpts from the article as a guide. And fam, you would have to help me out here by answering a few questions.

- "The Director, Corporate Communications Department, CBN, Mr. Ugochukwu Okoroafor, confirmed the development in a chat with one of our correspondents in Abuja on Thursday.He said the governor used the opportunity provided by the “family meeting” to clear doubts surrounding the expiration of his tenure."

- "Okoroafor said, “The CBN is an important organisation in the economy of this country and we have to be careful in whatever we do because our actions send a strong message to the economy as a whole.“The governor had a meeting with officials of the central bank and it was like a family meeting; and in that meeting, he made it clear that he is not going anywhere until his tenure expires in June.“He is not proceeding on retirement leave by March as being speculated; rather, he will be retiring on June 2 this year when he will be completing his five-year single tenure.

Questions:

1). Why the need for a "family meeting?"

2). Why is the CBN governor adamant about not going anywhere till his tenure expires in June?

3). And why is he cancelling his retirement leave that was initially scheduled for March?

PS: The questions were based on what Mr. Okoroafor, the CBN media director said, and not from a 'source'.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by akpomeme(m): 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
rudedough: Igbos are very ungrateful. Sanusi worked with GEJ since his administration, stabilized our economy, created policies that made our economy stand at No. 1 in the world, financed SMEs and created job opportunities.

Just a little propaganda by the opposition, Igbos are already calling the man Boko Haram, Islamic extremist, useless and what not. I am an Igbo man and i must say that i am very disappointed.
Stealing peoples businesses and handing it over to his cronies is your definition of stabilising our economy? When last can an average entrepreneur take a loan from a bank because of sanusi's policies... Bullocks!!!
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Pukkah: 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
winniz:
I said he should be given a Sack letter if he refuses to resign he should apply force. GEJ has the right to sack him after all OBJ sacked Ministers during his tenure and their was no process involved, so why would GEJs own be different?

You can still do your PPP job without having to advertise your ignorance so boldly and nauseatingly. Your ID was created just this week but this is not how to hit the ground running!

Haba! Keep quiet or simply show a draft of your subsequent posts to a JSS2 student before you hit the 'submit' button.

You are embarrassing the Office of the President and Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by meetgaya: 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
Abu-Maryam:
Oya cow-boy try your might in the houses, kindly call for SLS removal.... Mhm begining of 2015 only fools will not understand what this mean. The president who sent finance minister for budget presentation for the fear of been disgrace, tell me how would he call for the removal of SLS? Heads are rolling
I wish he was in Abacha and Obj's regime. It could have been a different story. Jona is too quite and gentle to be a president that even almajire can insult him. Anyway, time will tell.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by olatiler(m): 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
One should not think that this country will be good any longer, can u ppl just tell me the offense of this competent man, that listen to voice of Nigerians all time, this is a man that terminate extra charges on uses of ATM card from Different bank, unlike Clueless man that increase fuel price that put millions of Nigerians to more Hardship than b4
These is the same man that listen to we Nigerians when we kick against #5,000 denomination while GEJ is there dancing in Corruption Galore
Its these same Sanusi that scrap off payment of foreign currency to any worker that server Nigerians inorder to strengthened our Naira
So my ppl if any of u believe that Sanusi what wrong with the $49.8bn figure then u are out of track, cos one Aunt from one of those Dubious tribe still bring the figure down saying its $12.8bn while they still say its $10bn and we no they kind of liear we have as president as his wife health status was an evident and NGF election was also part of evidence while money generate from Subsidy wasn't left out the evident
Lastly my ppl can we ask the fraudulent GEJ if Billion of Dollar missed or not and what measure did they put on ground to make sure they get the missing money
I think this what Clueless Shoeless Fisher man to be looking for than to be giving a competent accountant ultimatum

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
After reading this thread and analyzing the hysteria and utter disrespect occuring in the political scene + observing tribalism and how overly childish, emotional and divisive we Nigerians are....

One would be a fool to not conclude that we are not psychologically ready for Democracy.

What Nigeria actually need to progress is a benevolent dictator for now. Preferably from a minority group with no biased tendencies. Baby steps.

Also limited access to the electronic media + other platforms until we know how to critically analyze events. We are too emotional and childish for anything else.
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by tuasefemi(m): 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
If I were GEJ, I will allow SLS complete his tenure for political reason......is it not just about 6months?
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by emmyoha87(m): 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2014
Even if he feels SLS snitched on his Govt. He can't sack him on his own, he could just make him irrelevant until he leaves office in june cause I believe SLS is working on borrowed time.
The metal "President Jonathan" is being sharpened by all these other metals "challenges in his administration" I hope he can deliver from 2015!!
"Emir Lamido why u snitching nigga"***in the voice of Riley Freeman!!!
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by agbameta: 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
Guess exactly what Sanusi told the dullard when he asked him to resign.

Negro fvukkk you Go read up on the constitution your dumb assss ignorant dullard..

lmao

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2014
agbameta: Guess exactly what Sanusi told the dullard when he asked him to resign.

Negro fvukkk you Go read up on the constitution your dumb assss ignorant dullard..

lmao

The man is too intelligent, too smart, and cocky (he has a right to be for being the brightest brain among them) for them.

Hence, why it's always good to know the law and constitution.

GEJ's like a robot and he's utterly clueless. grin
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Princewell2012(m): 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
winniz:
I said he should be given a Sack letter if he refuses to resign he should apply force. GEJ has the right to sack him after all OBJ sacked Ministers during his tenure and their was no process involved, so why would GEJs own be different?
thank you my brother, GEJs is just too cold thats all. Can sanusi try this duing OBJs regime?
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by callmenow: 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2014
The grounds under which the Governor, Deputy Governor or Director of the Central Bank of Nigeria can be removed from office are spelt out in Section 11 of the Central Bank of Nigeria (Establishment Act0, 2004. Section 1 of the Central Bank of Nigeria (Establishment Act) provide thus:

(1) A person shall not remain a Governor, Deputy Governor or Director of the Bank if he is-

(a) a member of any Federal or State legislative house; or

(b) a Director, officer or employee of any bank licensed under the Banks and Other Financial Institutions

Act.(2) The Governor, Deputy Governor or Director shall cease to hold office in the Bank if he-

(a) becomes of unsound mind or, owing to ill-health, is incapable of carrying out his duties;

(b) is convicted of any criminal offence by a court of competent jurisdiction except for traffic offences or contempt proceedings arising in connection with the execution or intended execution of any power or duty conferred under this Act or the Banks and Other Financial Institutions Act;

(c) is guilty of a serious misconduct in relation to his duties under this Act ;

(d) is disqualified or suspended from practising his profession in Nigeria by order of a competent authority made in respect of him personally;

(e) becomes bankrupt;

(f) is removed by the President : Provided that the removal of the Governor shall be supported by two-thirds majority of the Senate praying that he be so removed .It is clear that by Section 11 subsection 2 (f) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (Establishment) Act that the president can remove the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria provided the removal is supported by two thirds majority of the Senate praying that he be so removed. In other words, the President can remove Sanusi Lamido if he is supported by 72 Senators that represents two-thirds majority in the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It follows that Sanusi Lamido refusal to heed to the request of President Jonathan that he resign his appointment as the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria is proper.

The president is spoiled for choice. Options a or b above are plausible grounds for dismissals. Jonathan needs his attorney general to earn his pay. I can intervene here he does not know how to apply this clauses. This is in keeping with Jonathan's beholding to the 'rule of law'
Re: Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2014
My other question here is why Festus Odimegwu was externally pressured to resign for making so called statements that would cause ethnic division?

But Sanusi is pretty safe from these same people who called for Odimegwu's head...this is someone who peddled false figures and possibly wounded confidence in the progress of the country.

Who doesn't know that tribalism is the backbone of Nigerian politics.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Nigerian Soldier In Maiduguri Just Posted This / Fake Photo Of Abdulrasheed Maina Circulating On Social Media. / Why I Decided Not To Speak On 2019 Presidential Election Result – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.