Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice (22201 Views)

These Means That God Don't Know That Prevention Is Better Than Cure / Reasons Why Men Of God Don't Preach This Part Of The Scripture (bible). / Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 1:15am On Aug 16, 2008
To all the ignrant idiots here posting rubbish . . . i will copy and paste some detailed study on this same issue . . . i of course do not expect the lost to understand.

The Pre-Adamite Creation

Furthermore, according to Genesis 1:28, God commanded Adam and Eve to “replenish” the earth, a further indication that the earth previously was inhabited by a pre-Adamite civilization. Although Strong’s Hebrew-Greek Dictionary says that the Hebrew word for “replenish” can mean either “fill” or “refill,” it is the same word that was used by God when He commanded Noah to refill or replenish the earth in Genesis 9:1. On that basis, then, it is very possible that Genesis 1:28 also means “replenish” or “refill.”

My notes - Why did God tell Adam to REPLENISH the earth if it HAD NEVER been inhabited?

Quoting from Jer 4:23-28
Jeremiah describes a time when the earth was “without form, and void,” or as we determined earlier in Genesis 1:2, “waste and empty.” But never since the creation of Adam and Eve has all of the earth been completely desolate and empty without any life whatsoever. Not even Noah’s world-wide flood destroyed all of the birds, people and vegetation throughout the earth as described in this passage. (Genesis 8:10-11, 17-19). Unlike the flood that completely destroyed Satan’s pre-Adamite Kingdom, Noah’s Flood did not last long enough to destroy all the plant life on earth, and Noah’s Ark provided a place of refuge for Noah and his family and some of the animals and birds. Therefore, the horrific, barren conditions described by Jeremiah must apply to the pre-Adamite creation, after its cataclysmic destruction by God, when absolutely everything was totally demolished without a trace left behind.

[size=14pt]Sometimes it is said that this biblical scripture applies only to the city of Jerusalem even though it specifies in this passage, very explicitly, that all of the earth and all of the cities of earth are in its purview.[/size] But, never has Jerusalem suffered all of these things anywhere near the extent to that which is described in this scriptural passage. Contextually-speaking, Jeremiah simply warned the people of Judah about the devastating Divine judgment that was once unleashed upon the earth, and then compared it to the much lesser judgment that was poised to descend upon the land of Judah, including Jerusalem. That is why verse 27 in this passage of scripture makes the following statement: “For thus hath the Lord said, yet will I not make a full end.”

My notes -

II Peter 3:5-7
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. (KJV)

Verse 5 - mentions "heavens were of old" and the earth standing out of water AND IN water . . . note Gen 1:2 speaks of the earth being ALL water before land was finally created in Gen 1:9.

Verse 6 talks of the world THAT THEN WAS "being overflowed with water, perished". Care must be taken to note that the flood of Noah DID NOT destroy the world as 8 people including the male and female of each animal survived so verse 6 must be talking of ANOTHER civilization that was destroyed BEING OVERFLOWED WITH WATER . . .

note again Gen 1:2 and Gen 1:9 clearly indicate the entire earth was covered with water.

My dear athiests can come back again to expose their ignorance.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 16, 2008
Okija_juju:

Gen 1 was only used to explain the magnitude of the destruction.

Magnitude of WHICH destruction? Plucking just about any word from the air again?
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 1:24am On Aug 16, 2008
dear hypocrite, i ask repeatedly . . . why is IT OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE to you what i join to what to what? Have you read those verses and found out they are different and unrelated? What is YOUR OWN interpretation before making false allegations?

Does God exist? If He doesnt why are you tying yourself up in a knot over His book of fairy tales?

because the same book of fables is what your fellow christains here in niaja are using to harass and try to rob me of my money, i no fit tell dem say i be athiest because them fit kill me and i am very serious about it. den just dey invite me from one church launchoen to another to go and give them money. so i have to prove that the book is all full of fables.

you assertion is completly false and bogus there is no link and relation between the verses you copied and pasted simple. the writters were talking about tow very different things just because some words were similar has nothing to do with the link you falsey tried to create.

What an idiot, Jeremiah mentions Babylon (modern day Iraq) several times in his book, Egypt, Syria, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, modern day Jordan, Ethiopia . . . are all mentioned by several bible writers.

Of all the rest, you are the most ignorant of the athiests here.

i will concede that i did''nt phrase my writting properly. i am not ignorant ohh davidylan no vex abeg no be fight. abi dey tin pain you. sannu ka yi hakuri.

Idiot, because many of those names didnt even exist 3000 years ago! There was NO name like Iran or Iraq 3000 years ago but they were known by their old names - Persia and Babylon . . .

o boi na so the tin pain you reach? many of the names did'nt exist or the jewish writters of the bible didnt know about'them? the people in china and india at that time(combined) were the most populated people on earth, there were'nt each a single nation as the are today but they definately had a name, the bible writters never knew the existed else they would have included them in the scheme of things. if they could refer to iranians as persians why did'nt they refer to the indians with the name they had at that time? look who is talking about iran, for you information i have been to tehran and i know very much about the persian history. my former babe na iranian so i fit know more about the people than you sef.

The number of times i have had to call you out on your GLARING LIES here puts you out of the ranks of those we can refer to as "objective reader" (a term of course you use to denote a non-christian).  

why all the vitriol? athiest person dog bite you? why e dey pain you na? no bex
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 1:37am On Aug 16, 2008
mazaje:

because the same book of fables is what your fellow christains here in niaja are using to harass and try to rob me of my money, i no fit tell them say i be athiest because them fit kill me and i am very serious about it. den just dey invite me from one church launchoen to another to go and give them money. so i have to prove that the book is all full of fables.

Sily excuse really . . .you're not forced to attend church neither are you pressed to give offering in church if your spirit doesnt agree with it . . . i actively practice this myself so why the lies as if we dont attend church too?

mazaje:

you assertion is completly false and bogus there is no link and relation between the verses you copied and pasted simple. the writters were talking about tow very different things just because some words were similar has nothing to do with the link you falsey tried to create.

idiot, do a google search and read what other writers have to say on the issue of Jer 4. I posted from just one of such writers who CLEARLY gives biblical and rational evidence to back the fact that Jeremiah could not have been refering to Jerusalem in Jer 4. As usual you dont read, you merely blurt the first thing that rushes to your fingers since you MUST BY FORCE refute anything that in a way gives the bible some credibility.

Read the last post i made.

mazaje:

i will concede that i did''nt phrase my writting properly. i am not ignorant ohh davidylan no vex abeg no be fight. abi dey tin pain you. sannu ka yi hakuri.

the only thing that pains me is when clearly foolish and ignorant people like you also pop up to say something. I suggest you give way to okija and co who at least have coherent arguments.

For you to say the bible writers only knew Jerusalem as their only idea of "the world" is so laughable one is bound to ask if you have the capacity to think at all.

mazaje:

many of the names did'nt exist or the jewish writters of the bible didnt know about'them?

I used a very easy example . . . the name Iraq didnt exist 3000 yrs ago but alongside Israel, it appears more than most other nations in the bible as BABYLON.

Maybe you shld try reading before posting, it sometimes helps.

mazaje:

the people in china and india at that time(combined) were the most populated people on earth

Pls show us proof mr. You are fond of just making noise . . .

mazaje:

there were'nt each a single nation as the are today but they definately had a name, the bible writters never knew the existed else they would have included them in the scheme of things.

Is this provable or are u as usual making more hubris to cover your shame? How many times do you as a Nigerian make mention of Micronesia, Oceania, Abhkazia, Krygistan . . . ? Is it because you dont know they exist?

But wait . . . actual historical evidence indicates Apostle Thomas evangelized southern India . . .

What do you expect from a slowpoke.

mazaje:

if they could refer to iranians as persians why did'nt they refer to the indians with the name they had at that time?

Probably because . . . thou slowpoke, the persians were pretty close to them in the middle east. Abraham came from Ur . . . an actual place in present day Iraq which if you know your geography well shares a border with the Iranians who actually arent arab but persians.

mazaje:

look who is talking about iran, for you information i have been to tehran and i know very much about the persian history. my former babe na iranian so i fit know more about the people than you sef.

What does this have to do with the issue? Is your former babe the author of Genesis?

mazaje:

why all the vitriol? athiest person dog bite you? why e dey pain you na? no bex

No dog bit me, however i'm not your quintessential christian who suffers the redundancy of idiots. If you must ridicule the bible, come with fact-based arguments.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Okijajuju1(m): 1:45am On Aug 16, 2008
Jeremiah 4:23-26

23. I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
23. Vidi terram, et ecce vasta et deformis, et coelos, et nulla lux eorum:

24. I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
24. Vidi montes, et ecce contremiscentes (contremiscebant), et omnes colles movebantur:

25. I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
25. Vidi, et ecce nullus homo, et omnes aves coelorum evolaverant:

26. I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the Lord, and by his fierce anger.
26. Vidi, et ecce regio foecunda (vel, carmelus) desertum, et omnes urbes ejus destructae a facie Jehovae, et a facie excandescentiae irae ejus.

The Prophet in this passage enlarges in a language highly metaphorical on the terror of God’s vengeance, that he might rouse the Jews, who were stupid and careless: nor is the repetition in vain, when he says four times, that he looked. He might have spoken of the earth, heaven, men, and fertile places in one sentence: but it is the same as though he had turned his eyes to four different quarters, and said, that wherever he looked, there appeared to him dreadful tokens of God’s wrath, and which threatened the Jews with utter ruin. Nor is it a wonder that the Prophet is so vehement; for we know that men would have heedlessly received all threatenings, except they were violently roused. And this mode of teaching ought to be well known to us; for all in any degree acquainted with the writings of the prophets, must know that they especially pursued this course, in order to rouse hypocrites, and the despisers of God, who, with a stiff neck and a hardened heart, were not moved by any apprehension of punishment. But this passage is remarkable above most others: we ought therefore to consider the import of the Prophet’s words.

He says first, that he looked on the earth, and that it was תהו, teu, and בהו, beu. He employs the very words which Moses adopted in his history of the creation; for before any order was introduced, he says that the earth was תהו, teu, and בהו, beu, that is, waste and unformed chaos; and it had no beauty pleasing to the eye. 119119 These two words are viewed as synonymous by some, and the versions render them often by the same terms. As to the first, תהו, there can be no doubt as to its meaning, for it occurs about twenty times, and in all these places the idea of emptiness is chiefly conveyed: hence it is most commonly rendered in our version, vain, vanity, in vain, nought, etc., 1 Samuel 12:21; Isaiah 40:17; Isaiah 45:18; Isaiah 49:4. It is improperly rendered “without form,“ in Genesis 1:2, and “confusion” in Isaiah 34:11. When applied to the earth, as in Genesis 1:2, it imports emptiness, as it was then unfurnished either with productions or with any inhabitants. This appears evident from Isaiah 45:18, “He created it not in vain,“ rather, “not empty did he create it — לא-תהו בראה;” “he formed it to be inhabited,“ or more literally, “for a habitation he formed it.” As to the other word, בוו, it only occurs three times, Genesis 1:2; Isaiah 34:11; and here. As the former evidently means emptiness, this may be taken to mean confusion or chaos, according to Symmachus, “συγκεχυμένη, — confused.” Then the right rendering here would be, —
23. I looked on the land, And behold emptiness and confusion; And towards the heavens, And they were without their light.
It is not the earth, but the land of Judea is what is meant. The whole passage being so striking, shall be here given, —
24. I looked at the mountains, And, behold, they were shaking, And all the hills made quick motions:
25. I looked, and, behold, there was no man; And every bird of heaven had fled away:
26. I looked, and, behold, Carmel a desert; And all its cities had been demolished By the presence of Jehovah, By the indignation of his wrath.
The whole is represented as already done. The Prophet speaks of what he had seen in the vision. — Ed. It is the same as though He had said, that the order, which had been so beautifully arranged, had now disappeared through God’s wrath, and that there was nothing but confusion everywhere. Thus he amplifies the atrocity of their sins; as though he had said, that men had become so fallen, that they had changed the whole form of the world, and blended heaven and earth together, so that now there was no distinction between things. As to the heavens, he says, that there was no light in them: he intimates that the light of the sun, moon, and stars, was in a manner extinguished, because men were unworthy to enjoy such a kindness from God; and as though the sun and moon were ashamed to be witnesses of so many sins and vices.

We now then apprehend what Jeremiah chiefly means in the first verse: He says, that he looked on the earth, and that nothing appeared in it but dreadful chaos and waste, there being no form nor beauty; for the Jews had by their sins subverted the order of nature and the creation of God. And he says, that he looked on the heavens, and that they had no light; for the Jews had deserved to be deprived of that benefit which God had designed the sun and the moon to convey: and it is indeed a singular instance of God’s kindness, that he has made such noble objects to be of such service to us. The Prophet, in short, means that such awful tokens of God’s wrath appeared in heaven and on earth, as though the whole world had been thrown into confusion. This mode of speaking often occurs in the other prophets, especially in Joel 2:2. Though the words are hyperbolical, yet they do not exceed what is suitable, if we take to the account the extreme insensibility of men: for except God arms heaven and earth, and shews himself ready to take away all the blessings with which he favors mankind, they will, as we have lately said, laugh to scorn all his threatenings.

Jeremiah descends afterwards from heaven to mountains, and says that they trembled, and that all the hills moved or shook; some say, destroyed, but I know not for what reason, for the Prophet no doubt confirms the same thing by another phrase: and as he had said, that mountains trembled, so he also adds, that hills shook; and this is the proper meaning of the verb. Now the reason why he speaks of mountains and hills is evident; for a greater stability seems to belong to them than to level grounds, inasmuch as mountains are for the most part stony, and have their roots most firmly fixed in rocks. Were indeed the whole world to be thrown into confusion, the mountains seem to be so firmly based that no commotion could affect them: but the Prophet says, that they trembled, and that the hills shook

What he saw the third time was solitude; for he says that there were no men, and that all birds had fled away. The principal ornament of the world, we know, consists of men and of living creatures. For why was the earth made so productive, that it brings forth fruits, so many and so various, except for the sake of men and of animals? Though, then, the earth appears very beautiful on account of its trees, herbs, and every kind of fruit, yet its principal ornaments are men and animals. By stating a part for the whole, the Prophet, by mentioning birds, includes all earthly animals: he says then, that the earth was emptied of its inhabitants.

What he saw the fourth time was this — that the fertile land was turned into a desert. I indeed think that Carmel is to be taken here as meaning the place. That part of the holy land, we know, received its name from its fertility: Carmel means any rich and fruitful spot of ground. But, as I have just said, the mount was so called because it abounded in all kinds of produce; for there were on it fruitful pastures and fertile fields, and every part of it was remarkably pleasant and delightful. I am therefore inclined to consider Carmel itself to be meant here; and my reason is, because he immediately adds, that its cities were destroyed; and this can be more fitly applied to Carmel than generally to all fruitful regions. As to myself, I think that the Prophet speaks of Carmel; and yet he alludes to what the word means. 120120 All the early versions, as well as the Targum, retain the word “Carmel.” Blayney renders it “the fruitful field.” — Ed. Even in this verse he mentions a part for the whole, as though he had said, that Carmel, which excelled in fertility, had become like a desert. When Isaiah speaks of the renovation of the Church, he says,

“The desert shall be as Carmel,“ (Isaiah 32:15)

as though he had said, that the blessing of God would be so abundant through the whole world, that deserts would bear fruit like Carmel, or those regions which are remarkable for their fertility. But Jeremiah, speaking here of a curse, says, that Carmel would be like the desert; and that all its cities would be demolished, even at the presence of Jehovah, and by the great heat of his wrath

Some render חרון, charun, fury: and this kind of language is not without its use; for men, as we have said, except God terrifies them as it were by thunders, will sleep and will not perceive his judgment, so that all threatenings become useless to them. This is the reason why Scripture speaks so often of the fury or of the great heat of God’s wrath. Either of the two words might indeed be sufficient; either חרון, charun, which means fury or great heat; or אף aph, which signifies anger or wrath. Why then are both mentioned? because it is necessary, as I have said, to tear in pieces our hardness as with hammers; for otherwise God could never turn us to fear him. This repetition then ought to avail for the purpose of subduing the perverseness of our nature; not that these turbulent feelings belong to God, as it is well known; but as we cannot otherwise conceive how dreadful his vengeance is, it is necessary that he should be set before us as one who is angry and burning with wrath: in a like manner, eternal death is described to us under the metaphor of fire.

Now, as to the sum of what is here said, the Jews at that time no doubt enjoyed great abundance and indulged their pleasures; in short, they were fully pleased with their condition. But the Prophet here declares that he saw at a distance what these blind Jews did not see, even God’s vengeance approaching, which would deprive them of that abundance, on account of which they were so swollen with pride, and which would reduce them all into such a state of desolation that nothing would remain above or below, but a disordered confusion, such as existed before nature was brought to order, when the earth was not separated from the heavens, and there was only a confused mass, including all the elements, and without any light.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 2:03am On Aug 16, 2008
To all the ignrant idiots here posting rubbish . . . i will copy and paste some detailed study on this same issue . . . i of course do not expect the lost to understand.

The Pre-Adamite Creation

Furthermore, according to Genesis 1:28, God commanded Adam and Eve to “replenish” the earth, a further indication that the earth previously was inhabited by a pre-Adamite civilization. Although Strong’s Hebrew-Greek Dictionary says that the Hebrew word for “replenish” can mean either “fill” or “refill,” it is the same word that was used by God when He commanded Noah to refill or replenish the earth in Genesis 9:1. On that basis, then, it is very possible that Genesis 1:28 also means “replenish” or “refill.”

My notes - Why did God tell Adam to REPLENISH the earth if it HAD NEVER been inhabited?

i repeat atheist person dog bite you? why all the vitriol?
you have provided the answer to the question you just asked. '''   "Although Strong’s Hebrew-Greek Dictionary says that the Hebrew word for “replenish” can mean either “fill” or “refill,”

you see the ambiguity you guys are always using to game the system and explain things away the way you see fit? how can a word from the same language mean two very different things. fill and refill and two very different words. what if i choose the word fill instead of refill, what becomes of your argument? you are just chosing things that wil give you the kind of narrative you want simple, besides other bible versions  categorically used the word fill instead of replenish so you have no argument there. thats why i keep on repeating that the divsions  and infighting you guys are experiencing in your religion or faith will never end. any body can make a point as long as he is giving an ambigious text.

Jeremiah describes a time when the earth was “without form, and void,” or as we determined earlier in Genesis 1:2, “waste and empty.” But never since the creation of Adam and Eve has all of the earth been completely desolate and empty without any life whatsoever. Not even Noah’s world-wide flood destroyed all of the birds, people and vegetation throughout the earth as described in this passage. (Genesis 8:10-11, 17-19). Unlike the flood that completely destroyed Satan’s pre-Adamite Kingdom, Noah’s Flood did not last long enough to destroy all the plant life on earth, and Noah’s Ark provided a place of refuge for Noah and his family and some of the animals and birds. Therefore, the horrific, barren conditions described by Jeremiah must apply to the pre-Adamite creation, after its cataclysmic destruction by God, when absolutely everything was totally demolished without a trace left behind.

Sometimes it is said that this biblical scripture applies only to the city of Jerusalem even though it specifies in this passage, very explicitly, that all of the earth and all of the cities of earth are in its purview. But, never has Jerusalem suffered all of these things anywhere near the extent to that which is described in this scriptural passage. Contextually-speaking, Jeremiah simply warned the people of Judah about the devastating Divine judgment that was once unleashed upon the earth, and then compared it to the much lesser judgment that was poised to descend upon the land of Judah, including Jerusalem. That is why verse 27 in this passage of scripture makes the following statement: “For thus hath the Lord said,  yet will I not make a full end.”

here you are talking about noah's flood not lasting long enough to destroy all the plant life in the world, are you kidding me? no terrestial plant or animal will be complely submerged underwater for that long and survive. by the way why are you making such false analogies?

My notes -

II Peter 3:5-7
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. (KJV)

Verse 5 - mentions "heavens were of old" and the earth standing out of water AND IN water . . . note Gen 1:2 speaks of the earth being ALL water before land was finally created in Gen 1:9.

Verse 6 talks of the world THAT THEN WAS "being overflowed with water, perished". Care must be taken to note that the flood of Noah DID NOT destroy the world as 8 people including the male and female of each animal survived so verse 6 must be talking of ANOTHER civilization that was destroyed BEING OVERFLOWED WITH WATER . . .

note again Gen 1:2 and Gen 1:9 clearly indicate the entire earth was covered with water.

My dear athiests can come back again to expose their ignorance  

are all this verses also part of your false claims of explaining away the pre adamite era? what does perish mean Mr cut and join? perish can simply means destroy( it could mean other things too), a lay man can say that the people during the time of noah perished because they went against the will of their god. why are you cutting and joining things that simply make sense and support your assertions? another christain will read and interprete what you have copied and pasted very differently. you are just relating and stating things they way you feel they should be not the way the bible writters presented them. all you have to your defense is the claim that the bible is incoherent so you can choose from one verse join it to another as long as they have find similar word and use it to create a meaning or an answer to what ever you are looking for. that does,nt expalin anything i repeat moslems do that a lot too, and use the mantra ordinary people can not understand god or allahs ways or scriptures. that explains nothing your assertions and links are bogus Mr man.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 16, 2008
Okija_juju:

Now, as to the sum of what is here said, the Jews at that time no doubt enjoyed great abundance and indulged their pleasures; in short, they were fully pleased with their condition. But the Prophet here declares that he saw at a distance what these blind Jews did not see, even God’s vengeance approaching, which would deprive them of that abundance, on account of which they were so swollen with pride, and which would reduce them all into such a state of desolation that nothing would remain above or below, but a disordered confusion, such as existed before nature was brought to order, when the earth was not separated from the heavens, and there was only a confused mass, including all the elements, and without any light.

Here is the problem with this "sum" . . . in the last 6000 yrs, Jerusalem nor the jews have NEVER encounted such a frightening scenario as Jeremiah described in Jer 4.

Infact the only time the bible speaks of such confusion of cataclysmic proportions ever occuring again is during the battle of Armageddon when the entire world would be destroyed.
It would be incorrect then for Jeremiah to have been refering to just the jews in Jer 4 (which is essentially what he was doing) as armaggedon involves ALL the armies of the world . . . (Rev 16:14-end).
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 2:22am On Aug 16, 2008
mazaje:

you have provided the answer to the question you just asked. ''' "Although Strong’s Hebrew-Greek Dictionary says that the Hebrew word for “replenish” can mean either “fill” or “refill,”

you see the ambiguity you guys are always using to game the system and explain things away the way you see fit? how can a word from the same language mean two very different things. fill and refill and two very different words. what if i choose the word fill instead of refill, what becomes of your argument? you are just chosing things that wil give you the kind of narrative you want simple, besides other bible versions categorically used the word fill instead of replenish so you have no argument there. thats why i keep on repeating that the divsions and infighting you guys are experiencing in your religion or faith will never end. any body can make a point as long as he is giving an ambigious text.

Note your first highlight - How can a word from the same language mean two very different things?

Its more obvious that you cant think or u're not properly educated . . . here is a simple example - the word Profess.

Profess - To affirm openly; declare or claim:
Profess - To make a pretense of; pretend:

Same word, same language, two polar meanings. Is anyone still in doubt mazaje is a walking example of illiteracy?

About your argument on "replenish" - it is the same root word used in these 2 instances - Genesis 1:28
“And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”

Genesis 9:1
“And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.”

We know what happened prior to Gen 9:1 . . . nuff said.

mazaje:

here you are talking about noah's flood not lasting long enough to destroy all the plant life in the world, are you kidding me? no terrestial plant or animal will be complely submerged underwater for that long and survive. by the way why are you making such false analogies?

Noah and his family survived with animals and plants in the ark. Did you remember where Noah sent out a dove and it came back with a branch? Gen 8:6-12. An indication that at least ONE plant survived the flood . . .

Again, nuff said. more indication you dont read before bleating.

mazaje:

are all this verses also part of your false claims of explaining away the pre adamite era? what does perish mean Mr cut and join? perish can simply means destroy( it could mean other things too), a lay man can say that the people during the time of noah perished because they went against the will of their god. why are you cutting and joining things that simply make sense and support your assertions? another christain will read and interprete what you have copied and pasted very differently.

Idiot, pls read that verse again.

2 Peter 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

How can the entire world perish if 8 people, animals and plants still survived? Perhaps you need to go back to school afterall.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 2:26am On Aug 16, 2008
 Sily excuse really . . .you're not forced to attend church neither are you pressed to give offering in church if your spirit doesnt agree with it . . . i actively practice this myself so why the lies as if we don't attend church too?

I come from a family where going to church and giving is compulsary, you dont know why so i need not explain my self to you.

idiot, do a google search and read what other writers have to say on the issue of Jer 4. I posted from just one of such writers who CLEARLY gives biblical and rational evidence to back the fact that Jeremiah could not have been refering to Jerusalem in Jer 4. As usual you don't read, you merely blurt the first thing that rushes to your fingers since you MUST BY FORCE refute anything that in a way gives the bible some credibility.

Read the last post i made.

more fallacy and expressions of personal opinions

I used a very easy example . . . the name Iraq didnt exist 3000 years ago but alongside Israel, it appears more than most other nations in the bible as BABYLON.

Maybe you shld try reading before posting, it sometimes helps.

Is this provable or are u as usual making more hubris to cover your shame? How many times do you as a Nigerian make mention of Micronesia, Oceania, Abhkazia, Krygistan . . . ? Is it because you don't know they exist?

But wait . . . actual historical evidence indicates Apostle Thomas evangelized southern India . . .

What do you expect from a slowpoke  

The writers of the old testament didnt know about them simple else they would have included them in the scheme of things. why was'nt thomas's account of events written included in the bible if you are bent on proving that the bible has india in its scheme of things? historical evidence or assertions and by whom? indains or your fellow christain apologist? there is no where in the book of thomas where it is written that he went to indai, all of them wrote about the names of places and people they visited, he never made mention of indai. give us evidence to show that thomas went to indai  preferable from the indians them selves  or else you stop spreading lies.

Is this provable or are u as usual making more hubris to cover your shame? How many times do you as a Nigerian make mention of Micronesia, Oceania, Abhkazia, Krygistan . . . ? Is it because you don't know they exist?

What do you expect from a slowpoke  

who is using hubris to cover up for his shame amogst us? the writters of the old testament did'nt know that a place like china and indai existed else they would have written about them too. the people living in china today has a history that is 5-6 thousand years old and they most have been passing through histoory with a name. the jewish writters of the old testament didnt know about their existance period.

Probably because . . . thou slowpoke, the persians were pretty close to them in the middle east. Abraham came from your . . . an actual place in present day Iraq which if you know your geography well shares a border with the Iranians who actually arent arab but persians  

what has the jaggons you posted here got to do with the fact that the writters of the old testament do not know about the people living in indai, china and the americas?
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 2:36am On Aug 16, 2008
mazaje:

I come from a family where going to church and giving is compulsary, you don't know why so i need not explain my self to you.

I come from a family where the only time you missed church was if you were too sick to walk and no one could carry you . . . YET we were still encouraged to question the bible neither do we gullibly follow it. For someone who pretends to come from a "church going" family, its obvious you did very precious little reading of that bible.

mazaje:

more fallacy and expressions of personal opinions

Only idiots make such allegations without sound proof. Where is your own concrete alternative opinion?

mazaje:

The writers of the old testament didnt know about them simple else they would have included them in the scheme of things.

You're sinking deeper in a bog of ignorance. Why shld the bible authors include people in their writings if it wasnt important to the idea they were trying to convey? No physics textbook contains anything about Nigeria, is it because Isaac Newton didnt know Ghana existed?

mazaje:

why was'nt thomas's account of events written included in the bible if you are bent on proving that the bible has india in its scheme of things?

If the entire missionary journey of the 3000 christians on the day of pentecost were "included in the bible" we would need a lorry to carry one bible to church.

Maybe you shld consider reading your stuff over before you click the "reply" button.

mazaje:

historical evidence or assertions and by whom? indains or your fellow christain apologist?

There is independent historical evidence, its not hard to look up for someone who claims to be knowledgeable.

mazaje:

there is no where in the book of thomas where it is written that he went to indai, all of them wrote about the names of places and people they visited, he never made mention of indai. give us evidence to show that thomas went to indai preferable from the indians them selves or else you stop spreading lies.

I'm 180% sure you've never read the book.

mazaje:

who is using hubris to cover up for his shame amogst us? the writters of the old testament did'nt know that a place like china and indai existed else they would have written about them too. the people living in china today has a history that is 5-6 thousand years old and they most have been passing through histoory with a name. the jewish writters of the old testament didnt know about their existance period.

and where is your proof for this?

mazaje:

what has the jaggons you posted here got to do with the fact that the writters of the old testament do not know about the people living in indai, china and the americas?

its the 90056th time you've desperately clung to this same unproven hogwash . . . have you really run out of gas? such a shame.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 2:42am On Aug 16, 2008
Note your first highlight - How can a word from the same language mean two very different things?

Its more obvious that you can't think or u're not properly educated . . . here is a simple example - the word Profess.

Profess - To affirm openly; declare or claim:
Profess - To make a pretense of; pretend:

Same word, same language, two polar meanings. Is anyone still in doubt mazaje is a walking example of illiteracy?

About your argument on "replenish" - it is the same root word used in these 2 instances - Genesis 1:28
“And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”

Genesis 9:1
“And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.”

We know what happened prior to Gen 9:1 . . . nuff said.
 [ /quote]

I concede, but i said  what if i choose to use the word fill instead of refill? besides there are some bible versions that choose to use the word fill instead of replenish so what become of your argument now? fill and refill are not the same thing. those bibles that use the word fill have made your assertions to fall flat.

Noah and his family survived with animals and plants in the ark. Did you remember where Noah sent out a dove and it came back with a branch? Gen 8:6-12. An indication that at least ONE plant survived the flood . . .

Again, nuff said. more indication you don't read before bleating.

so?

Idiot, please read that verse again.

2 Peter 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

How can the entire world perish if 8 people, animals and plants still survived? Perhaps you need to go back to school afterall

kai your paza stop calling me an idiot i never called you one, na so the thing pain you reach?

stop joining word what peter was talking about is very different from the fallacy you are trying to promote, paste all the chapter and people will see what exactly he is talking about. stop picking, joining and lying to youself.

Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 2:45am On Aug 16, 2008
o boy mazaje, you don forget how to quote again? Na wa o . . . to go school na privildege sha.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 2:47am On Aug 16, 2008
na dey computer we dey mad ohh grin grin. make i arrange am. your paza there why you dey insult your self na?
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 2:51am On Aug 16, 2008
o boi davidylan make i go sleep abeg, i don tire for today. we go jam tommorow. bye
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 2:51am On Aug 16, 2008
o boy no vex say i yab you o. na you cause am  grin

Bros sleep well o, if you no dey nobody to yab again.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:42am On Aug 16, 2008
David what you have is an assertion and not a fact you just keep calling people names and I suppose there is somewhere in the bible where if you join it together would give you backing to do so. No matter how much you rant it is obvious that whoever wrote the Genesis did not suggest life on earth before and joining jeremiah to it does not give it any credibility, since you say we rant I would ask you another question are you saying now that you can say with 100% certainty that those two verses are connected without going through a technical hitch with replenish or refill and fill then how are you so sure?
Again stick to the issues and not name calling if you notice you have been the biggest culprit just say how you as the intellectual you say you are tell us beyond reasonable doubt why those two are connected. Then we can move on to other issues. Is the bible not ambiguous?
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by MadMax1(f): 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2008
@Davidylan:

I have noticed that it is apparently impossible for you to carry on a discourse without resorting to verbal abuse at people who dissent with your opinions. You freely use words like 'stupid' and idiot'. There is no right or wrong answer here. Each is giving an opinion, an absolute right, and it doesn't have to agree with yours. Given that you're a Christian and a proponent of religion, is it too much to ask that you keep a civil tongue in your head? I don't think it is.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by rampant(f): 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2008
Mad_Max:

@Davidylan:

I have noticed that it is apparently impossible for you to carry on a discourse without resorting to verbal abuse at people who dissent with your opinions. You freely use words like 'stupid' and idiot'. There is no right or wrong answer here. Each is giving an opinion, an absolute right, and it doesn't have to agree with yours. Given that you're a Christian and a proponent of religion, is it too much to ask that you keep a civil tongue in your head? I don't think it is.

let them be and don't interfer,after d whole abuses and insults,they will still make up,so why r u being one sided here?
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by MadMax1(f): 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2008
I'd like answers here, not insults. If the others were insulting I would say so. They aren't, so I'm saying nothing. There's nothing one-sided about asking for better conduct . This isn't a schoolroom fight.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 16, 2008
Mad_Max:

I'd like answers here, not insults. If the others were insulting I would say so. They aren't, so I'm saying nothing. There's nothing one-sided about asking for better conduct . This isn't a schoolroom fight.

If its answers you want, its impossible to claim you havent found any in the last 10 pages unless of course you're simply looking for "answers" that sound close to your own opinion.

As for insults . . . its a part of life, at the end of the day myself and the other fellows remain civil friends. We disagree to agree abi no be so? I dont know why you're the one bothering about the insults.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 16, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

David what you have is an assertion and not a fact

you on the other hand have neither an assertion nor a fact.

Chrisbenogor:

it is obvious that whoever wrote the Genesis did not suggest life on earth before

what is obvious is your duplicity. You dont understand the bible . . . how then can the interpretation of Genesis be obvious to you?

Chrisbenogor:

I would ask you another question are you saying now that you can say with 100% certainty that those two verses are connected without going through a technical hitch with replenish or refill and fill then how are you so sure?

1. i asked you several questions earlier, which one of them did you answer?

2. The term "replenish" was used TWICE in genesis and come from the same hebrew root word. Why do you think the one regarding Noah meant to "refill" while the one in Genesis 1 meant "fill"?

Chrisbenogor:

Again stick to the issues and not name calling if you notice you have been the biggest culprit just say how you as the intellectual you say you are tell us beyond reasonable doubt why those two are connected. Then we can move on to other issues. Is the bible not ambiguous?

You dont even seem to know the issues, you merely stumble from point to point.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by mazaje(m): 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2008
davidylan:

you on the other hand have neither an assertion nor a fact.

what is obvious is your duplicity. You don't understand the bible . . . how then can the interpretation of Genesis be obvious to you?

1. i asked you several questions earlier, which one of them did you answer?

2. The term "replenish" was used TWICE in genesis and come from the same hebrew root word. Why do you think the one regarding Noah meant to "refill" while the one in Genesis 1 meant "fill"?

You don't even seem to know the issues, you merely stumble from point to point.

kai davidylan , how body now? you don come back with your empty rhetorics abi? join here, join there just to prove a point. na you sabi. the bottom line is that we see things differently and will never come to a conclusive understanding of the debate.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2008
We see things differently, story of christianity, no matter how much you rant david as though you supplied ink to those that wrote the bible its simple what you interpreted is the way you and probably an over zealous few think was meant by those passages. So assuming I was in your church I might have to form my own sect because no amount of joining and ranting would piece those passages together.
You say I have neither assertions or facts, that does not sound strange because to you and christians, christianity is the answer and swallowing things like those answers you gave is for those whose throats you have widened with those silly lies.
So in summary we both disagree on that point and that has been the story of christianity and thats the fact I have. Fact number two the bible is ambiguous, I have asked you so many times and you never answered that. Fact number 3 genesis if taken the way it was written is so wrong, should I take my chances with someone like you to interprete it, HELL NO!
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by rampant(f): 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2008
Mad_Max:

[b]I'd like answers here, [/b]not insults. If the others were insulting I would say so. They aren't, so I'm saying nothing. There's nothing one-sided about asking for better conduct . This isn't a schoolroom fight.
yeah right,wat kinda answers r u still waiting for?wt all the countless of answers pple have given here,u still havent gotten a head to all of them?y not try and advertise it in CNN im sure u will get alot of answers there
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by MadMax1(f): 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2008
@rampant
You obviously have nothing to say.
@Davidylan
It's nice to hear y'all have an undertanding, and are civil friends.  The last ten pages or so are the insightful opinions of excellent contributors, yourself included.But there might be others who have something to say. Whether it's ten pages or ten thousand isn't your problem, is it?
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by rampant(f): 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2008
Mad_Max:

@rampant
You obviously have nothing to say.
@Davidylan
It's nice to hear y'all have an undertanding, and are civil friends.  The last ten pages or so are the insightful opinions of contributors, yourself included.But there might be others who have something to say. Whether it's ten pages or ten thousand should not concern you.

u too,urs is more obvious wink
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by MadMax1(f): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2008
@rampant

Well, if you weren't so busy thinking and saying nothing, you'd see the things I did say all over my post. I asked questions that are important to me and mine, and you can see by the quality of the responders here that it's something they've thought about and have an opinion about too. Post your opinions and thoughts on the questions asked if you have one, instead of merely taking up space someone with something more valuable to say will occupy.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Gamine(f): 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2008
Seriously Mad Max.

There is nothing you can do but Pray for your friend

Only the Holy Spirit can turn a heart, not what you say
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by Okijajuju1(m): 5:04pm On Aug 17, 2008
Seriously Mad fellow

There is nothing you can do for your friend except deal with it and follow in his footstep.

He has seen the light and has followed the truth.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by rampant(f): 5:04pm On Aug 17, 2008
Mad_Max:

Well, if you weren't so busy thinking and saying nothing, you'd see the things I did say all over my post. I asked questions that are important to me and mine, and you can see by the quality of the responders here that it's something they've thought about and have an opinion about too. Post your opinions and thoughts on the questions asked if you have one, instead of merely taking up space someone with something more valuable to say will occupy. There are other posts than mine. Why don't you take yourself off elsewheres?Thanks.   

now u have sthg to say,before u had nothing,i can see u r coming up,more knowledge to the little one u have already wink

as for leaving ur thread,i will leave wen i want to wink wink
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by MadMax1(f): 5:09pm On Aug 17, 2008
To tell y'all the truth I've been following the entire discourse with more interest than I can say. You've all been such a tremendous help, more than you know.
Re: My Friend Hates God. Don't Know What To Do. Advice by manmustwac(m): 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2008
@post
I don't believe any amount of praying will change your friends mind because prayers will never make God come down from Heaven in the flesh meet your friend and answer his Questions about why he allows all this suffering to happen in the world, and he knows that. All religions are all based on faith and belief As for me i stopped believeing in God very soon after entering my teens. Coz theres no solid proof to prove His existance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Woman Worshiping God Without Hands And Legs / Richest Pastors In Nigeria: Prophet T.b. Joshua And The Scoan Hit Back / "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.