Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy (1118 Views)

Popular US Black Prophet Quotes Witch Cheryl Lynn Word For Word For Prophesy / Did TB Joshua Prophesy Bristow Crash Last Sunday? / IBB Denies Link With Alleged Plan To Attack Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy by DeepZone: 6:24am On Aug 12, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008 Printer Friendly Version

[size=14pt]Adeboye denies link with money-for-prophesy [/size]

By Ademola Oni, Abeokuta

The General Overseer, the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has denied any link with a leaflet, which flooded the 56th annual convention of the church, urging people to pay money so that some prophecies can work in their lives.

www.openheavens.rccg.org
The General Overseer of the Re

Adeboye, who stated this at the Holy Communion/Anointing Night of the convention on Saturday at the Redemption Camp on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Ogun State, also said 76 babies were delivered during the week long annual programme, which started on Monday.

The cleric said the promoters of the ‘demonic‘ publication, titled The Fourth Redeemed Golden Prophecies, had asked unsuspecting members of the public to pay some amount of money to a named account in Oceanic Bank to ensure that the prophecies worked in their lives.

The RCCG General Overseer said, ”My advice to you is that if you have received this demonic publication, burn it immediately. I don‘t know anything about this material and I cannot ask anybody to collect money from anybody on my behalf.

“If anybody comes to you with this type of publication, hand him over to the police. God has not sent me to charge anybody any money. If anybody tells you that I sent him to charge (money) you for anything, hand the person over to the police. If you receive any phone call, asking you to pay, hand the person over to the police. The God who sent me, sent me to give freely because I have received freely.”

The pastor directed officials of the bank, who might be in the congregation to see the leadership of the church for further briefing.

Adeboye, who prayed that God would expose the brain behind the publication, said the new infants delivered during the convention were 45 females and 31 males.

He said the figure could rise before the end of the programme, which ended on Sunday with a thanksgiving service.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/aug/11/419.html
Re: Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy by ikamefa(f): 6:27am On Aug 12, 2008
hummmmmmmmmmm!

oluwa so wa ohhhhh! undecided
Re: Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy by huxley(m): 8:55am On Aug 12, 2008
DeepZone:

Monday, August 11, 2008 Printer Friendly Version

[size=14pt]Adeboye denies link with money-for-prophesy [/size]

By Ademola Oni, Abeokuta

The General Overseer, the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has denied any link with a leaflet, which flooded the 56th annual convention of the church, urging people to pay money so that some prophecies can work in their lives.

www.openheavens.rccg.org
The General Overseer of the Re

Adeboye, who stated this at the Holy Communion/Anointing Night of the convention on Saturday at the Redemption Camp on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Ogun State, also said 76 babies were delivered during the week long annual programme, which started on Monday.

The cleric said the promoters of the ‘demonic‘ publication, titled The Fourth Redeemed Golden Prophecies, had asked unsuspecting members of the public to pay some amount of money to a named account in Oceanic Bank to ensure that the prophecies worked in their lives.

The RCCG General Overseer said, ”My advice to you is that if you have received this demonic publication, burn it immediately. I don‘t know anything about this material and I cannot ask anybody to collect money from anybody on my behalf.

“If anybody comes to you with this type of publication, hand him over to the police. God has not sent me to charge anybody any money. If anybody tells you that I sent him to charge (money) you for anything, hand the person over to the police. If you receive any phone call, asking you to pay, hand the person over to the police. The God who sent me, sent me to give freely because I have received freely.”

The pastor directed officials of the bank, who might be in the congregation to see the leadership of the church for further briefing.

Adeboye, who prayed that God would expose the brain behind the publication, said the new infants delivered during the convention were 45 females and 31 males.

He said the figure could rise before the end of the programme, which ended on Sunday with a thanksgiving service.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/aug/11/419.html

What did he receive freely from god - a lot of falsehood?

What is so special about given birth? This is being tacitly made to look like a "miracle". It happens all the time. Go an refugee camp and as long as there are males and female together, there will be births. In my local hospitals, there are hundreds of births every week, and there was no GO about. Can you believe this?

It would be special and/or a miracle if these women conceived and gave birth all during the duration of the convention.

Are the mother observing the period of uncleanliness after childbirth, as defined in Leviticus 12;

1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "Say to the Israelites: 'A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period. 3 On the eighth day the boy is to be circumcised. 4 Then the woman must wait thirty-three days to be purified from her bleeding. She must not touch anything sacred or go to the sanctuary until the days of her purification are over. 5 If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding.

6 " 'When the days of her purification for a son or daughter are over, she is to bring to the priest at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting a year-old lamb for a burnt offering and a young pigeon or a dove for a sin offering. 7 He shall offer them before the LORD to make atonement for her, and then she will be ceremonially clean from her flow of blood.
" 'These are the regulations for the woman who gives birth to a boy or a girl. 8 If she cannot afford a lamb, she is to bring two doves or two young pigeons, one for a burnt offering and the other for a sin offering. In this way the priest will make atonement for her, and she will be clean.' "
Re: Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy by thetruth90: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2008
I think he has to deny when he saw he would be embarrassed. His cunny trick failed to work out this time around. Oju ole re, oooooole!
Re: Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy by Okijajuju1(m): 4:25pm On Aug 12, 2008
Make EFCC investigate am jare!!

Maybe na where the money for G5 dey come from. angry
Re: Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy by MrCrackles(m): 4:26pm On Aug 12, 2008
hummm, i would not judge no one so i reserve my comments! smiley
Re: Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy by Okijajuju1(m): 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2008
huxley:

What did he receive freely from god - a lot of falsehood?

What is so special about given birth? This is being tacitly made to look like a "miracle". It happens all the time. Go an refugee camp and as long as there are males and female together, there will be births. In my local hospitals, there are hundreds of births every week, and there was no GO about. Can you believe this?

It would be special and/or a miracle if these women conceived and gave birth all during the duration of the convention.

Are the mother observing the period of uncleanliness after childbirth, as defined in Leviticus 12;

1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 "Say to the Israelites: 'A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period. 3 On the eighth day the boy is to be circumcised. 4 Then the woman must wait thirty-three days to be purified from her bleeding. She must not touch anything sacred or go to the sanctuary until the days of her purification are over. 5 If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding.

6 " 'When the days of her purification for a son or daughter are over, she is to bring to the priest at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting a year-old lamb for a burnt offering and a young pigeon or a dove for a sin offering. 7 He shall offer them before the LORD to make atonement for her, and then she will be ceremonially clean from her flow of blood.
" 'These are the regulations for the woman who gives birth to a boy or a girl. 8 If she cannot afford a lamb, she is to bring two doves or two young pigeons, one for a burnt offering and the other for a sin offering. In this way the priest will make atonement for her, and she will be clean.' "

Dude!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Pregnancy has been so over-ratted in Nigeria that every birth is considered a miracle.
Re: Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy by ifyalways(f): 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Topic,wonderful shocked shocked shocked
Nothing wey no fit happen for 9ja sha.
@Huxley,i didnt read the Preacher say that giving birth in the church was a miracle.Dude,stop fabricating lies. angry
Re: Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 13, 2008
Okija_juju:

Dude!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Pregnancy has been so over-ratted in Nigeria that every birth is considered a miracle.

So you dont think Child-Birth's phenomenal or even significant enough to be called a miracle??
Re: Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy by huxley(m): 11:52am On Aug 13, 2008
Ujujoan:

So you don't think Child-Birth's phenomenal or even significant enough to be called a miracle??

For goodness sake, it happens all the bleeding time to all sorts of animal from gods, goats, chimps, zebras, snakes, etc, etc. What is so special about it. Are these animals births miracles too?
Re: Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy by angel101(f): 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2008
@huxley have u also heard about death during child birth? and the statistics in nigeria?
Re: Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2008
THuxley the birth and existence of every living thing is a gift, and we should be grateful to god for that
Re: Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy by javalove(m): 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2008
They are all fraudsters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No man has a sya in death or birth!!!! No man born of a woman has a say in it. We live by grace and also die when the time is right,

God does something and these fraudsters claim it as their own doing. Awon ole jati jati,

my pipu, e ba mi kigbe oooolllllllleeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Adeboye Denies Link With Money-for-prophesy by huxley(m): 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2008
angel101:

@huxley have u also heard about death during child birth? and the statistics in nigeria?

Oh yes indeed. In fact, my very next door neighbour is a family from Nigeria that has only last week experience such a death in their family.

I don't know what the figures are for Nigeria, but it cannot be had to find.

In fact, if childbirth is such a miracle why is it so perilous to the health of the mother and child. Is it because god curse the woman to suffer pain during child birth?

(1) (Reply)

Are We The New Chosen People / Unfullfilled Prophecies In The Bible. / If Men Were God,hw Wud I Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.