Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers (10789 Views)

Obj:where Are The Snipers? / Probe Goodluck Jonathan's Snipers Now-falana!!!! / Evidence Of 1000 Snipers revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Sagamite(m): 8:13pm On Aug 12, 2008
I watched as snipers killed six kidnappers —BAYELSA SSG’s WIFE

Written by Samuel Oyadongha    
Tuesday, 12 August 2008  

WIFE of the Secretary to the Bayelsa State Government, Mrs. Augusta Ekeuwei broke her silence on her seventeen days in captivity saying she watched in horror as snipers who rescued her from the jaws of death shot dead six of her kidnappers.
Speaking at a thanksgiving service at the Doxa Family Church where she was abducted by armed gunmen on June 1, 2008 few days before her husband was appointed as SSG, Mrs. Ekeuwei held the congregation spellbound with her graphic description of how she was kidnapped, her experience in the hands of the kidnappers and how she was eventually rescued on the last day her captors had threatened to waste her life owing to the alleged refusal of her husband to cooperate with them.

The nursing mother said it was by the Grace of God that she survived what she described as her journey through the valley of death and prayed that not even her enemy should undergo what she passed through.

Mrs. Ekeuwei, who said it was while in captivity that she observed her first menstruation after giving birth to her last child noted with sadness that she did not take her bath during her incarceration, “I was smelling all over as I saw my first menstruation after child birth and it was the same time I defecated that I was confined to making it difficult for me to eat the food they offered me.”  

Narrating her ordeal, Mrs. Ekeuwei who had every reason to thank God for sparing her life during the seventeen days she was kept incommunicado said, “I woke up and took my children to church about 8am.

Being a children teacher I was singing with the children and after a while as I was about breast feeding my child I saw some armed gunmen on the other side of the road who marched straight to church and ordered me to follow them. I complied and went with them to their waiting bus and they zoomed off.”

According to her, they (gunmen) told her to pray warning that if they were attacked by security operatives they will not hesitate to kill her.

Continuing she said, “on getting to the outskirt of town they stopped and ordered me to come down from the vehicle after blind folding me and took me into the forest.

“Later a man they called commander came and collected my husband number. My thinking was that my husband will come the next day and secure my release but this was not to be as it turned out to be a long wait.”

She said though her husband was able to speak with her captors but that there was heated argument on the phone as he refused to accede to their demand for ransom insisting that he does not have the amount they were demanding for.

“In spite of the threat from my captors that they will shoot my leg if he refused to cooperate with them my husband was adamant that “God will take care of the situation.”

“When I asked for food they told me they had nothing but that I should wait for commander who later offered me indomie noodles. I could not eat it as they only turn hot water into it. I demanded for bread and nitric but could not eat because of the dirty surrounding.

She added that through divine intervention and with her husband refusal to accede to the demand of her kidnapers there was confusion in the camp as the boys were no longer united and were breaking in rank daily.

“I resorted to prayers and on the 15 day I became restless and resigned to fate. I was smelling all over as I saw my first menstruation after child birth and it was the same place I defecate that I was confined to making it difficult for me to eat the food they offered me,” she said adding that her morale was further shattered when the commander came to say her husband refused to cooperate and that they will kill her the next day.

The SSG’s wife who said one of the kidnapers confided in her that he was an undergraduate noted that seventeen day the commander came to her and said the game was over and that they would killed her, when men suspected to be police snipers moved in and took out six of her captors.

“I watched in horror as the policemen shot dead six of my captors in a rescue operation,” she said thanking God for sparing her life.

In his remark, the elated husband, Mr. Gideon Ekeuwei explained that contrary to reports that his wife was released she was actually rescued through the use of force by security operatives stressing that no ransom was paid.  

Recalling the sad incident, the officiating minister, Rev Tuesday Emmanuel said, they cried to God for his intervention as it as a slap on His face for them to have come unto God’s house and kidnapped a worshiper.

Lamenting the sad turn of event in region, he lamented that the incessant attack on expatriates in has taken its toll on construction companies forcing Julius Berger to pull out of Rivers and Bayelsa State .
www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14075&Itemid=42
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Sagamite(m): 8:16pm On Aug 12, 2008
We should recognise and praise the Naija SWAT team grin in Niger Delta.

And good riddance to the morons shot dead.

1 Like

Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by 4Play(m): 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2008
Sagamite:

We should recognise and praise the Naija SWAT team grin in Niger Delta.

And good riddance to the morons shot dead.

Forget all the tales that come out of post-hostage situations. Even where ransom is paid,you will always hear wonderful tales about dare-devil rescue operations to save face.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Sagamite(m): 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2008
But this appears to have some merit as she is giving a story in Church (place of truth grin) weeks after the whole debacle.

If it is not true, why would she bother?
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by 4Play(m): 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2008
Sagamite:

But this appears to have some merit as she is giving a story in Church (place of truth grin) weeks after the whole debacle.

If it is not true, why would she bother?

An agreement can be reached for everyone to stick to a certain script. There were some suggestions that a similar arrangement was reached in Colombia's Betancourt rescue operation.

I'm not saying that there must have been a ransom,just that you can't trust these stories no matter where they are coming from.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Ibime(m): 8:38pm On Aug 12, 2008
This bitch is a liar! You think say Naija police/soldiers are ready to risk their lives to save person? A Naija soldier once told me that the reason Naija soldiers get routed in the Niger Delta is because no one is willing to risk their lives.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by davidif: 8:41pm On Aug 12, 2008
wow, naija don get SWAT he he he.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 12, 2008
morons. why will the woman lie, if any of you go through half of what the woman went through, you won,t even even remmember your names, not to talk of following a script, and if the husband payed the ransome, why will he wait seventeen days to do so, further complicating his wife,s life, who just delivered. some of you should stop tapping rubbish in the comfort, and safety of your small rooms abroad, tearing mouth any how.

1 Like

Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by bilymuse: 9:19pm On Aug 12, 2008
may God forgive our sins
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by iceland(m): 9:11am On Aug 13, 2008
Sagamite:

[b][color=#000099]
“I watched in horror as the policemen shot dead six of my captors in a rescue operation,” she said thanking God for sparing her life.
she said she was blindfolded how come did she watch how they were killed?we all know that when someone is being kidnapped,he/she has to be blinfolded so that none of the kidnappers would be recognised.I doubt the story too
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by cold(m): 9:36am On Aug 13, 2008
She said she was blindfolded on the day of captivity & transferred to anoda car.She didn't say she was blindfolded thru out her ordeal.I wonda how some pple read.

1 Like

Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Ibime(m): 9:54am On Aug 13, 2008
df2006:

morons. why will the woman lie, if any of you go through half of what the woman went through, you won,t even even remmember your names, not to talk of following a script, and if the husband payed the ransome, why will he wait seventeen days to do so, further complicating his wife,s life, who just delivered. some of you should stop tapping rubbish in the comfort, and safety of your small rooms abroad, tearing mouth any how.

If she saw all 6 of them killed, then they must have seen each other getting picked off. That means they were all in the same place - meaning that the moment the first one was killed, they would have turned and shot the hostage - bitch is a liar!
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by ow11(m): 10:12am On Aug 13, 2008
Too much Commando movies are affecting some Nigerians.

She thinks telling stories in church will give the story some credibility. Politicians! sad
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 13, 2008
@ibime
you don kidnap person before? them tell you say dem kidnap her to kill her? you heard according to the story, that ranks was breaking, when dough no drop, that is, this guys were pure mugus hoping to make quick bucks, amateurs. and snipers fit shoot six people at once. i wonder why you dey call the woman bitch, are you angry she survived. and @iceland read thread well before you post to avoid op.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Ibime(m): 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2008
df2006:

i wonder why you dey call the woman bitch, are you angry she survived.

lol . . . . . no, I am angry she chose the House of God to spew such fallacies as if telling a lie in church validates the lie.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by cold(m): 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2008
i wonda y pple think that such daring commando raids can only taq place in the United States.The Nig.police force may not be at par with the US but we sure do have some intelligent dudes in the force.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by jumobi1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 13, 2008
well. there is only one side to the story cos the other people are sitted @ the right had of the ,
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by SENATORJD(m): 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2008
cold:

She said she was blindfolded on the day of captivity & transferred to another car.She didn't say she was blindfolded through out her ordeal.I wonda how some people read.
with their brains shut.no reasoning at all
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Sagamite(m): 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2008
SENATOR JD:

with their brains shut.no reasoning at all

Some of you don't realise the challenges some people face to try and use their brain when they are not used to using it. wink
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Sagamite(m): 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2008
Ibime:

If she saw all 6 of them killed, then they must have seen each other getting picked off. That means they were all in the same place - meaning that the moment the first one was killed, they would have turned and shot the hostage - bitch is a liar!

Ibime,

Lets imagine you are involved in a kidnap situation (not like if I am saying you are one, lets just imagine).

You did it for quick and easy money because you believe you are in a country where laws are hardly enforced and security operatives do not give a hoot.

You believe you have found a place where no one can track you guys down, all you need to do is just wait for the money to be delivered.

All of a sudden, you see 3 off your fellow kidnappers fall from bullets scattering all the particles in their skull, piercing their heart or ripping their stomach open for you to be able to use a stick to point to which one is the small intenstine, which one is the large intestine and which one is the liver like back in the days when you used to shine in your biology class.

Are you telling me:

A) You first reaction is that you will kill the woman and get into serious trouble (if you are not shot anyway) because obviously they know where you are now (The bullets through your colleagues should give you a clue)?

B) Or you would try and run or raise up your hand as a sign of surrender and pleading to who ever is shooting (that you can't see) and start thinking how stupid you are to have even got yourself involved in this kind of rubbish and how your life can end any minute or you could spend the next 20 years in a Nigerian prison (Believe me, by the time you think of the conditions of the prison, if you can think under this circumstance, I think you would be encouraging the sniper to shoot you or else you would put a curse on all his descendants and ancestors)?

Which one do you think is most likely of the two possibilities for the kidnappers after they are being picked out one by one?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by SENATORJD(m): 9:23am On Aug 14, 2008
Sagamite:

Some of you don't realise the challenges some people face to try and use their brain when they are not used to using it. wink
lol sagamite
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Ibime(m): 9:35am On Aug 14, 2008
Sagamite link=topic=[tt:

A) You first reaction is that you will kill the woman and get into serious trouble (if you are not shot anyway) because obviously they know where you are now (The bullets through your colleagues should give you a clue)?

[s]I would put a knife to the womans neck, make I see how them want manage shoot me.[/s] Forget all this yarning. . . . Naija no get any SWAT team. . . . and none brave enough to enter the creeks to rescue this Mrs nobody. . . . wife of secretary to Bayelsa govt. . . . . who is she?. . . . certainly, Naija soldiers ain't willing to risk their lives for nothing. . . . if so, they should provide pictures of the slain militants. . . . Britiko and Yankee citizens have been kidnapped and them never fit rescue anybody successfully. . . . . last time they tried it, militants had to smoke that Scottish guy. . . . . abeg forget your commando stories jo.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by zheroes(m): 9:52am On Aug 14, 2008
why not take the story as it is.

whether she lies or not, does it add to anyone's bank account? i doubt.

heading to another thread!
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by otokx(m): 10:03am On Aug 14, 2008
story story
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Godalone(m): 11:09am On Aug 14, 2008
Sagamite:

You are right.
Some people here will not believe anything,even 1 + 1 = 2,they will doubt the answer.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 14, 2008
@sagamite
you go kill me with laughter, chei!!! my belle dey pain me, meeen! you go good well well as a script writer haa. vivid scenerio there for that wanabe kidnapper ibime to pee for im pants, apart from knife wei im dey use slice bread, he for fit hold knife? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Sagamite(m): 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2008
Ibime:

I would put a knife to the womans neck, make I see how them want manage shoot me. Forget all this yarning. . . . Naija no get any SWAT team. . . . and none brave enough to enter the creeks to rescue this Mrs nobody. . . . wife of secretary to Bayelsa govt. . . . . who is she?. . . . certainly, Naija soldiers ain't willing to risk their lives for nothing. . . . if so, they should provide pictures of the slain militants. . . . Britiko and Yankee citizens have been kidnapped and them never fit rescue anybody successfully. . . . . last time they tried it, militants had to smoke that Scottish guy. . . . . abeg forget your commando stories jo.

And then what? grin grin grin

Ask for a private jet to fly you to the Cayman Islands and N4bn to be wired to an account in your name in Switzerland. grin grin grin

Abeg, be realistic.

If dem no shoot you, dem go put tyre for you neck and make human suya or dem go beat you to an inch of your life if you try that crap.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by Ibime(m): 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2008
Sagamite:

And then what? grin grin grin

Ask for a private jet to fly you to the Cayman Islands and N4bn to be wired to an account in your name in Switzerland. grin grin grin

Abeg, be realistic.

If them no shoot you, them go put tyre for you neck and make human suya or them go beat you to an inch of your life if you try that crap.

lol. . . . . . like Otokx said, all this womans tall tale is story, story, story. . . . . if you like, make you believe am - na your own wahala be dat.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by idupaul: 9:40pm On Aug 14, 2008
Police snipers ke, story, never heard of a sniper unit in the naija police, ak47 snipers h,,,,,, what a story.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by cescky(m): 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2008
@ibime
stop crying like a child, when u grow up and stop watching those comando films, and hopefully grow some brain too,u'll find out that the woman in question has nothing to gain by lying,especially in the house of God

secondly, the fact that your a film addicted and understaand the term "snipper" does not mean she actually meant that her abductors were sniped,its the press that coined the "rescue operation" as a sniper ops, as the testimony did not go into exact details.it could have been ambush, u never know

for your informatiom nigeria has about the best foot soilders in the wrld today, ask around if u doubt it.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by idupaul: 9:30am On Aug 15, 2008
for your informatiom nigeria has about the best foot soilders in the wrld today, ask around if u doubt it.

ask who. Aziza?
my friend if u do not know anything just shut, foot soldiers ni, air soldier ko.
Re: I Watched As Snipers Killed Six Kidnappers by wiseguy(m): 10:10am On Aug 15, 2008
To settle this quarrel, lets take a little definition of sniper.

According to Wikipedia,

"A sniper is an infantry combatant or serviceman (e.g. police officer) who specializes in shooting from a concealed position over longer ranges than regular infantry, often with a specially designed or adapted sniper rifle. A sniper requires skill in marksmanship, camouflage, and field craft. Military snipers are also adept at carrying out methods of infiltration, reconnaissance, and observation techniques"

Is this art so difficult that our own police can't attempt it as some people believe here or is it just the name, sniper, that is confusing things? I bet you, Nigerian police and soldiers have men that are very good in this. There is nothing so special about being a sniper just that the name is not common here in Nigeria. But you'll sure hear about marksmen or sharpshooters in police circles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ojukwu Family’s Bid To Recover Ikoyi Property Suffers Setback / National Assembly Earmarks N6.4bn For Cars / 2019: Group Backs Dankwambo For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.