Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,681 members, 7,801,963 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results (10881 Views)

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by ENNYsmart: 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2008
I hereby bring to the notice of the public and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs an issue I’m having with the American Embassy in Lagos.

I had entered for and won the visa lottery DV 2008, with case number 2008af00014855, and my name, Omiyale Morufat J.

To my utmost surprise, however, on the interview day, I presented my original

WAEC certificate, but the consular officer that attended to me rejected it on the grounds that it was falsified.

He did not do any verification whatsoever, and how she arrived at the summary conclusion that it was forged beats my imagination.

Worse still, it was after I had paid $1,550 for my husband and I.

Also, she further informed me that I have been barred permanently from entering the United States.

Later, I got a WAEC scratch card to check if the error was from the examination body, and discovered that the same result still exists.

For God’s sake, if Americans are not ready to issue Nigerians visas, they should not obtain money, only to refuse them on baseless accusations.enny1020@yahoo.com
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 15, 2008
wow, cant you appeal the decision?
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by lucabrasi(m): 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2008
might be an error but we cant blame them really because they have seen all sorts of fake results that the lines get blurred kknowing which is fake and original,remember the popular perception in nigeria which is true is that with enough money one can make anything possible including inserting results in waec,gettn waec certificates e.t.c
try n get an immigration lawyer to appeal and point it out as what it is,an error and hopefully it ll be rectified good luck
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by MrCrackles(m): 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2008
davidylan:

wow, can't you appeal the decision?

yes for once i agree with you grin

appeal is the next step dear poster!
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by lexicon(m): 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2008
If this is true then its unfair. Try verifiy ur cert , ther could be a mistake that u did'nt notice
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Sisikill: 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2008
Wow! This is really sad. I guess because it is Nigeria, they think they are above the law.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by chitown(m): 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2008
sorry about ur case,unfortunately,their decision is not appealable.i doubt if an immigration officer can help u.u will end up spending.Not even a United States Senator.when a relative of mine was denied many years ago due signature discrepancy i contacted 2 United States Senators from the state and even they could not help.i know it is hard but this wasn't met to be.if is met to be,it will be.may be your greatness lies in Nigeria or some other country,only time will tell.good luck to u.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Godalone(m): 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2008
Appeal.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2008
Permanently barred from the US just when you thot you were immigrating there for good can be heartbreaking.
It will be difficult to obtain a visa to any other European country.

Best bet is to try and at least appeal, do something, anything.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by xheggs(m): 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2008
@Poster
i think you should write to it
thats a serious issue.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Shinatu: 4:35pm On Aug 15, 2008
Can't WAEC do something?
Maybe you should involve them.
Make some noise,do you have a journalist friend or family?
It is not only about going to the US, it is accusing you of what you know nothing about.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by Gamine(f): 4:35pm On Aug 15, 2008
Na by fox, to go US!

they are only trying to help you my dear poster o!
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by youngies(m): 4:46pm On Aug 15, 2008
Banned in USA!!! ~tot there was a song with that line~

Appeal and aggresive medai campaign is the only option left, even if you end up not migrating to the US, at least clear your name
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by IykeD(m): 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2008
Too bad! The issue here is not about going to the states, it's the accusation leveled against her.Try make some noise as the last poster had opined.Take some investigative Journalists to WAEC and then to the Embassy, i know you will spend some money going through this process, but we are talking about your integrity here, your future.Who knows tomorrow, this little issue if swept under the carpet can cost you a lot.Also, after this process, they do not issue you Visa, they should pay you back your money and if necessary involve legal means.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by chessguru(m): 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2008
Gamine:

Na by fox, to go US!

omo go sit down or waka for if you dont have any better thing to say,
 which part of  the post didnt understand? do you know how many people have contributed cash like that and denied visa WRONGLY like that?? no wonder mumu yahoo boys dey justify their theif act by saying they are avenging for what has been taken wrongly from africans, Too bad!!
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by A40(m): 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2008
Gamine:

Na by fox, to go US!

Which kin bebe-nube person you be sef?You be sadist tongue

@topic
You definitely have to appeal to sit and not act will not make any sense at all
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by chessguru(m): 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2008
A-40:

Which kin bebe-nube person you be sef?You be sadist tongue

@topic
You definitely have to appeal to sit and not act will not make any sense at all
meanwhile the chick say im dey abroad o, as for me though nigeria for eternity, i make my millions here, if i ever work at the forign affair, all off of then babylonia americana must sweat for visa, boomba clot ,
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by skfa1: 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2008
Firstly we need Citizen Advice Bureau in Nigeria, I’m not sure if there is one.

I think you can do something about it, if there is no Citizen Advice Bureau in Nigeria then you need Nigeria Legal advice.

From the two above you can take them to court to

1 Clear you name against Falsification

2 To complain about the money you paid $ $ $

3 To claim your DV Lottery

Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by georgee(m): 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2008
i no blame USA government/officials, i blame this our stupid,hopeless,irrational,corrupt and unreasonable politicians/government/leaders for this problem.
They refuse to move the country forward,embezzling all the money dat comes their way. If they had repaired this country to some certain percentages, who will be rushing Abroad to go and be washing plates,gutters and dead bodies. As for me ooooo, av lost hope in this country a long time ago. Nigeria can never work again, it has spoilt beyond repair.
We can never av pple like ZIK,AWOLOWO,TAFAWA BALEWA,MURITALA MUHAMMED.
al we av now ar bunch of crooks, who use every opportunity 2 steal large sums of money, all their own families dey abroad,
(HISS), wo i pity nigeria
@poster take heart, blame ur stupid government/leaders.
PELE ooooooo
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by skfa1: 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2008
chessguru:

omo go sit down or waka for if you don't have any better thing to say,
 which part of  the post didnt understand? do you know how many people have contributed cash like that and denied visa WRONGLY like that?? no wonder mumu yahoo boys dey justify their theif act by saying they are avenging for what has been taken wrongly from africans, Too bad!!

No mind dem yeye people they know how to collect money from people and give it to there own people. Imagine collecting £50 = N12,500 from 500,00 Nigerian citizen, you know how much that is? We need to wake up fast.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by naijaking1: 5:20pm On Aug 15, 2008
"Banned from the US" makes me think there had been a previous encounter with a US agency. Are you sure nobody had tried using your name before?
Whatever the case, an appeal will reveal their reason.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by tpia: 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2008
@ OP: are you the person involved here?

I read this story in the paper yesterday.

Didnt know people could be permanently banned from going to the US.

I agree- you should appeal.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by GoldCircle: 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2008
Dear poster,
so sorry to hear this! really it's not about the visa or relocating! it about the humiliation and the feeling of rejection. I am of the opinion that you should remain calm and hope for the best.

@ Gamine! I kinda like what you said and it's true!
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by rubi(f): 5:59pm On Aug 15, 2008
Appeal ASAP don't waste time because this DV Lottery expires after one year
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by xheggs(m): 6:00pm On Aug 15, 2008
Gamine:

Na by fox, to go US!

abi ooo.,.,.its the fact

the only thing i'm bothered about is the $$$$.
u shuld get a couple of people to appeal.
don't try it alone.
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by rubi(f): 6:03pm On Aug 15, 2008
GoldCircle:

Dear poster,
so sorry to hear this! really it's not about the visa or relocating! it about the humiliation and the feeling of rejection. I am of the opinion that you should remain calm and hope for the best.

There is nothing to remain calm about some issues are better handled aggressively
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by skfa1: 6:06pm On Aug 15, 2008
Hehehe Rubi Rubi smiley
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by ogbeisioma: 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2008
You know what my dear Nairalander, go to media houses and blow your trumpet loud crying FOUL loud enough. Newspapers, radios and tv stations will gladly want to to air your case. Do that and I am sure when this comes out in the press, the embassy will definitely call you for rectification an possibly fire the person who made that mistake when you're proved right. Sorry oh!
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by xheggs(m): 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2008
@ogbeisioma
do the honors
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by equlibrium(m): 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2008
SUE
SUE
SUE
SUE
SUE
DATS WAT DEY DO IN D US ISNT IT??
angry angry angry
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by xheggs(m): 6:22pm On Aug 15, 2008
equlibrium:

SUE
SUE
SUE
SUE
SUE
DATS WAT DEY DO IN D US ISNT IT??
angry angry angry

might not be the best option for now
Re: DV Lottery 2008: Banned From US For 'Falsified' WAEC Results by SamMilla1(m): 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2008
No 1.
Americans and Europeans depend so much on machines.  
And you know machines use data configured in them by humans.
So Their machine could have detected a little fault on the result which led to the decision that it was a fake one.
Apealling will be good but you have to back it up with some other papers.
Like a letter from a certified member of WAEC board.
Who can be verified and contacted by the embassy if the need arises.
(and that is if the result is original because we didnt see the copy of the result here to judge whether its original or not.)
No 2.
You said that they said you are banned from going into the UNITED STATES  but you did not elaborate on that statement. They must have given you a reason. They can't just say that because they detected a fault in your WAEC reasult, Especially when you have not appealed.
So what i will advice you to do is this :
Sit back and search yourself.
If the result is really original, APPEAL WITH ANGER.
If it is not, Open another thread on nairaland and apologise to us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Living In Fiji Island / Cairo Is The Best Place To Work In All Over Africa Country. / Visa Info: How To Apply For Kenya Visa In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.