Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,012 members, 7,806,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend (3866 Views)

Eight Signs To Know That You Be Assistant Boyfriend To Your Girlfriend / I'm The Assistant Boyfriend To My Best Friends Girlfriend / Assistant Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by coolblue(m): 1:23am On Jun 24, 2006
People,

I've been trying to get this girl to go out with me. We talk, get along just fine and all what not. She tells me almost anything and we are like close. I've asked her out but to get a definite answer is a problem. She never says no, but then she don't say yes either. I'm still awake trying to figure this out then I thought y'all could help me out here.

We've been friends for 2 years (myself and funmi) and close for over 1 and a half. The first time she gave me a vague answer she said I was not ready for a relationship: no job, money, since I was studying and all. Oh! she is the kind of chic who is sought after by many actually, so anytime I stroll in she briefs me on some guy trying to buy her love.

I get the feeling that she leaving me hanging just so if all goes well its me, but else theres the other types of guys. Told her what i think then she says im very pushy!!! Enough of the chronicles of !@#$$!!!.

What do I do? Walking away is not a first choice. Maybe finally but not first.
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by Hotstepper(f): 1:27am On Jun 24, 2006
sorry to say but walking away gat 2 be ur 1st choice. she gave u da answer indirectly and only sum1 with a coomon sense will know dat. Telling you that u gat no money, job etc is enough 2 tell u dat she is not interested cuz as far as she is concerned, material things is her priority. but if u wanna hang aroud, be prepared to be used when necessary, DELAY IS DANGEROUS, PREVENTION IS BETTER DAN CURE
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by diddy4(m): 2:20am On Jun 24, 2006
my man, shine your eyes. she doesnt wann@ date u cuzz u aint got all dat. when u start wearing designers and stuff, she might take a second look at u but till den, u guys are just friends. hope u got what i said, just friends, nothing more, nothing less. kapish
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by beyonce1(f): 7:50am On Jun 24, 2006
I think d common problem with guys is simply handling rejections,---- I'm sure if she obliges tommorrow, u wouldn't be saying all these next week  , i'm sorry if am being too harsh-- CAN'T U SEE IT ALL WRITTEN ON D WALL ? go out there and find a new love who 'll VALUE what you've got to offer . refering to yourself as ASSISTANT BOYFRIEND isn't healthy for your ego cos u 'll need it ,
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by jgirl3: 8:29am On Jun 24, 2006
cool, she's not into you. Maybe she does like you but she is definitely not going to date you anytime soon. She's always going to find
an excuse and right now you gotta walk away. You've tried. She's trying not to hurt your feelings but she doesn't want to do that in a way that will affect your friendship. Besides, the assistant boyfriend is not working for you. She might have actually given all the guys the same answer because she is trying to avoid turning you down.

So follow the advices of the others and find someone else. Someone who really wants to be with you. Not someone who is trying to convince you that you are not ready. You know you want to date and whether you are ready or not, it is not in her place for her to tell you how you are feeling.
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by babwilms(m): 11:26am On Jun 24, 2006
My guy move on man. I know it's hard. 2years is way too long to be friends with a girl you would like to date and I think you are too close with this chicK you mentioned.
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by woleprof(m): 11:30am On Jun 24, 2006
Uhnn, boy i ve a lot 2 tell u. But im on my mobile now.
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by dukforever(m): 11:58am On Jun 24, 2006
you have to know that that the handwritings are already on the wall.u are probably a guy that looks good and she can pose with.so she uses u for all those occasions.She probably has the guys that attend to her financial obligations.She thinks probably that u are an ok guy and can just hang around with u.My guy,o.k is just not good enough if she is not giving u the KOKO leave her and use your God given talent to arrange a chic that is better than her.She is a Gold digger!!!!!!!
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by Christino(m): 12:15pm On Jun 24, 2006
Whatever will be will be no matter how hard you try to hold on what's not yours neva will be and no matter how far you run, whatever will be yours will follow you.
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by eveseh(f): 12:35pm On Jun 24, 2006
hope u find her
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by adconline(m): 12:38pm On Jun 24, 2006
Oh boy walk away from  that entrapment of two years. What do you think will change her mind? May be when u become a governor. Shame  dey for face  but no be for back. Turn back and leave.
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by Anabib(f): 12:50pm On Jun 24, 2006
The lady just likes posing with you, and not ready to date you 'cos of obvious reasons.
So my guy what are you still doing hanging around with her.

She has been honest enough with you, maybe its time you get honest with yourself and move on to find YOUR OWN BABE THAT WILL APPRECIATE YOU EVEN IF YOU DONT HAVE MONEY. wink
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by Orikinla(m): 1:02pm On Jun 24, 2006
Dear Assistant Boyfriend,

Please, to be honest to God, forget about any babe or lady who is not willing to be yours.
Love is not by force.

Don't idolize anyone.

If the babe gets married tomorrow, won't you continue with your life.

She loves your attention.Look and go.
While she gives herself to those who can afford her price.

Women are like cars and only those who can afford to buy one can have it.
Your window shopping without enough finance will only give you heart ache.
Because, while you continue to swallow saliva, other dandies are smooching and rocking her.

Personally, I don't lose sleep over babes or ladies.
Because, if Ngozi is not available, try Nkechi. And if Jumoke is bluffing you, try Olawunmi.
So, don't idolize anyone of them.

There are so many beautiful babes in the world.
You can even find someone better than her.

God bless.

Yours faithfully,
Love Unlimited.
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by kimba(m): 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2006
Im Back
Im Back
Im Back

I went to London to see the queen. I chased away all the rats under her chair. She says Hiya to all.
-------------------------------------------------

back to the discussion:

Dear Assistant Boyfriend,
I like the title you have given yourself, imagine by the time you put together your "coolblue loveCV", you would have as a most recent attraction:

Assistant Boyfriend,
Funmi .(surnname goes here), ,
2004 - Present, Nigeria
- As her assistant boyfriend, my activities include wooing her all to no avail. Im still wooing her anyway.

-------------
-----------

O boy, my guy Orikinla has said it all.

If one fish is playing hard to get, go for another one.

From all you have said, she has no feelings for you. You in her picture is 'friends-only' and not anything more.
Peace!!
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by sammiek1(m): 4:56pm On Jun 24, 2006
My guy, shine your eyes. You've wasted too much time on her , so the respect is not there again.
Give her a break, no calls, no visit. Then, work hard to improve on your financial status.
If it does not work after a month break, call it off. it is not helping you. you are emotionally bankcrupt now, having spent your emotions without returns.
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by diddy4(m): 4:57pm On Jun 24, 2006
just out of curiousity, is there anything like an assistant boyfriend? undecided
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by bumbaby(f): 5:18pm On Jun 24, 2006
I think you should just move on and get someone else because even if you end up dating her, the possibility that she would not leave you when she see a very rich guy is low so to avoid being hurt let her go.
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by Shagari2(m): 6:21pm On Jun 24, 2006
Dude! what u doin, u've entered the infamous 'friend' zone, you enter that zone with a gal 4get it! her honey zone is off limits to u 4ever, the worse thing is, she won't ever let go of you, she just won't give you none! sad
Anyway lesson learnt, just find another shorty and stay out of friend zone, please!!
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 24, 2006
She likes you, but she's scared of going all the way with you because obviously she's thinking of settling down and she is fully aware that material things DO matter when it comes to a serious relationship! She's trying to tell you to go get yourself up if you want anything from her! Go get yourself a job, clean up and stop hanging around her, the more you do the more you diminish in her eyes, she sees so much of you, tells you everything going on around her and u sit there takiing in all the garbage, very soon you'll drop into the bottomless friends pit where you'll never be able to make it out again.
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by Tetris(f): 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2006
Dem don talk am finish.
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by LuciferFan(m): 8:43pm On Jun 24, 2006
I know that what you actually need is a bit of her pussy.Am I wrong? You can get this by deceiving her to a quiet place and forcing your stuff into her. I promise you that she's not going to tell anybody but she will not be your friend after that. But by then you would have been satisfied.

Who knows, she might come back to regularise the banging session with you.
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by Orikinla(m): 9:16pm On Jun 24, 2006
Kimba welcome back.
I am sure you went to enjoy the summer in England.

Assistant boyfriends are very common everywhere. And babes keep them just in case the Chief Executive Boyfriend (CEB) is not around. So, the assistant boyfriend steps in until oga returns.

But God forbid it that I should be an assistant boyfriend.
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by Christino(m): 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2006
adconline:

Oh boy walk away from that entrapment of two years. What do you think will change her mind? May be when u become a governor. Shame dey for face but no be for back. Turn back and leave.

This is the best quote i've seen on NL walahi, simple and short. Summary fa. Oga, na point of reference be dis o. End of discussion lipsrsealed
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by blablabla(m): 11:31pm On Jun 24, 2006
my boy,
hang in there for a little while longer,
one of these days some people will make love by mistake
try and repeat the mistake at least 3 more times, then she's all yours
i swear it to you
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by humpzz: 8:41am On Jun 25, 2006
smiley wink cheesy grin shocked ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it seems like u really like this gul. I know someone whose been in that type of situation. Since u guys r close, she would soon realize that what she wants 4 in other guys u already have it (friendship and closeness). Give her sometime time 2 sort out things maybe she's afraid that if u guys break up she would lose u as a friend. trust me she would. GOODLUCK kiss cry lipsrsealed grin wink smiley grin
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by hayprof(m): 2:23pm On Jun 25, 2006
O ti tan(its finished) abeg listen to @All, abi wot do i need to say again, ?
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by tianshie(m): 4:18pm On Jun 25, 2006
There was this funny episode when I was in the University.This girl whom I'd been 'chyking' took me to meet her boyfriend to confim my assistant bf status.lol!

She didn't take me again.I severed the relationship.
That's what you need to do.
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by shockreaction(m): 8:03pm On Jun 25, 2006
http://www.laddertheory.com/ grin

The best advice I can give you:
Ask her out, and tell her that you want a definitive answer. If you don't get any, move on. There are other girls out there.
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by mizkay(f): 11:39pm On Jun 25, 2006
if you are her assistant boyfriend then 'assist' in everything now? is it hard? give her 'assistant sex', 'assistant money', 'assistant conversations' perhaps even an 'assistant child'. Life too short! grin grin
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by coolblue(m): 12:55am On Jun 26, 2006
thanks a lot y'all. (cept lucifer: bad idea u give man, bt then again u evil, ) Ladies and Gents alike. thus far i have only gotten what i was afraid id hear. LEAVE HER!!!. i guess i can only try to do that. i have tried to walk away before, but then i always end up right where i started. I'm either cloudy or jazzed. Withdrawal symptoms, truth is i keep on hoping tomorrow is the day she'd cange her mind and see that it just might be me she is looking for in all the people aroung . But the proverbial tomorrow never comes
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by Mystique(f): 9:54am On Jun 26, 2006
Well, it seems you guyz hav said it all, you know what to do Cool Blue, Keep hanging in there, and maybe in a couple of gazillion years, she'll FINALLY say yes to you, smiley smiley smiley
Re: I'm Her Assistant Boyfriend by wapi: 10:09am On Jun 26, 2006
my man have you tot of it like she dont love you but she wanna be banging you.Or do you love her 2 much to just b banging her?Cos in my opinion two years is a long time to just walk away like dat.U know ur time is more valuable than any amount u have 2 give her.(IM NOT SAYING U SHOULD RAPE,but change tactis try keeping it on d banging level if she is worth it)and continiue ur quest 4 real love elsewhere. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

When A Lady Tells U About Her Male Admirers: / Are People Really Born Gay? / Ladies,do U Totally Agree With This (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.