Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,994 members, 7,803,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job (3228 Views)

When There's No Job And You Are Ready To Accept Any Salary / Orlean Invest West Africa Recruiting Graduate Trainee( 2.1 Degree Required) / Can You Accept N15,000/month With A 2.1 Degree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by mcbunde(m): 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2008
Can anyone in the house help me? I desperately need a job. I have a 2.1 degree in Accounting in 2004, I have served and attended series of interviews but none of the organizations that have interviewed me seem to want to give me a trial and the host of others that I have submitted applications/cv did not even bother to even reply. I believe I can be an invaluable asset to any organization that will just give me that opportunity I crave for. I used to think you need a good result to get started but it is like academic excellence doesn't work in Naija, otherwise how does one explain my situation since 2006 after service?
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by clareomiz(f): 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2008
Hi,
If what you've outlined below is rite, then send me a mail at clareomiz@yahoo.com. Though I'm quite busy, but I'll try to reply.
Please use a catchy titleas heading else I may mistakenly delete your mail before reading it.

I hope i don't get spammed by dropping my email address here on nairaland?
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by wisedman10: 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2008
You have to take a critical and objective look at this issue u just raised. It all depends on how much u have put in towards securing a job. You have tried ur best i believe, but the truth is that u are the only person that can answer that question. If u have a HR guru, pls contact him/her and plainly tell him/her what u have done towards securing a job (ur performance in apt. test and interview being the main focus here) then listen to the professional advice he/she has for you. Then go on ur knees and continue praying to the God u serve. Not forgetting ur books. You can consider going for a higher degree while u wait. Just equip urself with the necessary skills required in this age and time. I wish u better luck next time. Have u considered self employment?
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by mcbunde(m): 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2008
@Wisedman
Man I don't really know what's wrong but just imagine I have written UBA, DiamondBank, FCMB aptitude tests of which i was among the top four in each of them(and attended their interviews up to the 2nd stages), NNPC, Eterna Oil, Fezel( attended their interviews) NICON, Ecobank, Firstinland Bank and other companies I consider as small timers. I always pay attention with the way I dress to interviews but honestly I can pick where I am inadequate. In fact I have lost count of where I actually apply/drop my cv although I have precisely concentrated my job search between Abuja and Lagos.
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by agaba123(m): 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2008
mcbunde:

@Wisedman
Man I don't really know what's wrong but just imagine I have written UBA, DiamondBank, FCMB aptitude tests of which i was among the top four in each of them(and attended their interviews up to the 2nd stages), NNPC, Eterna Oil, Fezel( attended their interviews) NICON, Ecobank, Firstinland Bank and other companies I consider as small timers. I always pay attention with the way I dress to interviews but honestly I can pick where I am inadequate. In fact I have lost count of where I actually apply/drop my cv although I have precisely concentrated my job search between Abuja and Lagos.
You might want to get a professional qualification. That might help in a way since you graduated 4 years back and have not had a job. Good luck
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by efosanice: 6:19pm On Aug 18, 2008
guy i believe first of all you should develop a strong relationship with god and pray or maybe even go for deliverance,( i suggest MFM), then read a lot of articles about taking interviews and passing , then forget about the 2.1 even if you have a first class if god doesn't help you 2.1 can't. then develop yourself, start ICAN or something ( not masters please),polish your english ,your expressions and don't panic in interviews, but seriously pray and maybe go for delverance in MFM.
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by Ekini(m): 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2008
Please take this fundamental of job search : it is not the most qualified candidate that gets  the job, often it is the one with the best job search skills. Look in the following direction for the root of your problem and possible solution. 1. How are you looking for work? Note that more than 75% of jobs are not advertised. 2. Do you have the right job interview  skills. It is not enough that you are very good, but that you are able to persuade the interviewer(s) of that fact, and also that you are better than the rest attending the same interview.Since you do not seem to have problem getting job interview- which implies your Resume is good- then I strongly suggest you improve your job interview skills. 3. How good are your follow up skills?

While higher degrees may help, on their own they may not vastly improve your chances without job search skills. You probably know somebody- your school/classmate with lower qualification or poor academic performance holding fantastic position!

O yes, please do seek the face of God.

All the best
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by IykeD(m): 10:54pm On Aug 18, 2008
I totally agree with efosanice. My Brother, from your posts,you have done your own bit, now let God do his. There is something wrong somewhere, please quickly( and do not look back) run to MFM, i suggest the headquarters, for deliverance.There might be forces that have sworn that you will not make it, but in Jesus name, you are a winner.Please do heed to this advice, i want to congratulate you in advance.
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by lloyds(m): 4:09pm On Aug 19, 2008
Please go to CLAM(Christ Livingstone Apostolic Ministry) at Omole in Ojodu, for 4 days deliverance service, and your life shall not remail the same again.

You wil receive favour from God in Jesus name.
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by ayobase(m): 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2008
just try MFM also!!!!
Fall Down And Die!!!
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by Doncharlie: 5:08pm On Aug 19, 2008
FOR EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD THERE IS A TIME
A TIME TO BE BORN AND A TIME TO DIE
A TIME TO CRY AND A TIME TO LAUGH
my brother,there are countless youths in this same predicament,but the truth is that your time is coming
it might take years of cashlessness,but at GOD'S own appointed time he will see you through
if you have money go for a certification in Financial Planning(CFP),OR ICAN
BE COURAGEOUS
BE A MAN
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by Jascobee: 10:31pm On Aug 19, 2008
Oh boy,there is nothing wrong with u, dont let pple intimidate u with one deliverance issue or the other, it's societal problem, there are pple who graduated b4 u and they aint gotten a job yet, does that mean there are witches pursuing them from their villages?we africans have this mentality of blaming the devil or enemies over societal failures,
If u go for deliverance in MFM and Olukoya is honest enough to tell u,u will discover that some of his relatives sef dey jobless, na naija cause am.

Just trust in God and dont create any unncessary barrier btw ursef and HIM, U dont need anybody to pray for u.U can pray to God ursef and He will answer u.I believe somethg will come ur way pretty soon,
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by prophetwis: 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2008
@ poster

i want to tell u my story,i made 2.1 in Economics and another 2.1 in accountancy.but four years after graduation ,no job.i went to high profile interviews,KPMG,ZENITH,NESTLE NAME THEM,I WILL ATTEND ALL THE STAGES OF THE INTERVIEW FOR ME TO COME AND START,STORY WILL ENTER.
BUT WHEN I DECIDED TO TAKE CARE OF THINGS I DISCOVERED THAT THERE WERE SATANIC WICKEDNESSES AGAINST MY DESTINY,I WENT INTO PRAYER AND FASTING WITH MIDNIGHT PRAYERS AND THE YOKE WAS BROKEN.I DID NOT TELL U ALL.BETWEEN JANUARY THIS YEAR AND NOW I HAVE GOTTEN THREE JOBS AND OTHERS ARE STILL COMING.SOME OF THE PLACES I WAS REJECTED CALLED ME BACK AND AFTER INTERVIEW I WAS GIVING MONEY TO MAKE SURE I WORK WITH THEM.
SO MY BROTHER IF U HAVE NOT GIVEN YOUR LIFE TO GOD U ARE OPENING WAYS TO THE DEVIL TO KEEP AFFLICTING U.
IF U CANNOT EMBARK ON PERSONAL PRAYERS AND FASTING,I ADVICE U GO FOR DELIVERANCES IN THE PLACES RECOMMENDED FOR U.BELIEVE ME AFTER THAT ALL THOSE COMPANIES WILL COME RUSHING FOR U.BUT IF U CAN PRAY URSELF,FINE AS THIS WILL GIVE U MORE CONFIDENCE TO HANDLE SPIRITUAL ISSUES MORE.U CAN GET THIS BOOK BY D.K OLUKOYA.[i][b]slaves who love their chains remain in their bondage GOD bless u
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by rita4real: 11:52am On Aug 23, 2008
Hi guys,
joblessness has increase in nigeria and having the most beautiful C.V or 2.1 degree does not give u a job this day, but the amount of training & professional courses u engage uself into wil be an added adventage.Look out for one.For more info:http;//jobshope..com
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2008
So many people offering advica about how to pray and fast and go to one church or the other bt so few really offering any help. Typical Nigerians.(kudos clareomiz) Send your CV to me @ og2711@hotmail.com and i can at least ensure you get called for one bank test where i get level. It seems you don't really have a problem passing the aptitude tests so if you pass, call me and i will help you the best i can.

Take care.
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by poor2rich: 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2008
Hello

I received by posting yesterday 22/8/08 and I found have been posted to Ogun state. Pls I need someone to connect me with any private company vacancy. I have a 2.1 accounting from a Fed Uni. Aslo a ND in accounting 2.1 and a certificate in Data procesing @ Mgt info syste, I hope to resume in camp by tuesday. Pls if you have any opportunity for me.Here is my contact : ruffyray@yahoo.com

I will appreciate any assistance.
Thanks and Stay Bless
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by iyaegin: 7:35am On Aug 24, 2008
Trust us Nigerians to spiritualize issues but still pray fervently to God though it will boost your confidence.I have had cause to move with people in HR and trust me there are loads and loads of jobs out there BUT unemployable candidates why because these days employers are realising its not all about book knowledge any more it also involves intellectual knowledge and What do you have to offer us that we would not easily get with another candidate.let me give you some step by step solutions

1.Pray fervently to God using his word constantly till it becomes so much part of you that even while you are sleeping you are thanking God for your Job that is on its way

2. What field exactly would you want to work in.

3. Find out what it takes to be relevant in that field in the next  five years or better still go and do some personal research like am doing now even though am working as a call centre agent with a telecomms company and find out what field would be hotcake in the next 5 years in this country.

4. Go for any certification that would bolster your chances of being versatile in that field like go and do ICAN,ACCA or some IT certification cos to me in the next five years two fields that would be hotcake to me in 5 years time are investment banking and the telecomms sector

5. Trust me with your year of graduation you need to SERIOUSLY consider doing a masters degree cos let me inform you Nigeria is fast becoming a country where you would need to have a masters degree before you can get a job.so go do an Mba but with a reputable school like OAU(Great Ife) or Unilag whose Mba's count a lot or you could go to lagos biz school but trust me at this point in time you need to consider a masters or at least an extra cetification cos trust me thats all employers are looking for.what do you have to offer?

6. Last of all go and brush up on your interview skills get books,check online and also really develop yourself not book knowledge now but general knowledge with you having gone for so many interviews its obvious there's something about you that comes up short during interviews

Hope this would suffice for you.
take kia
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by Jascobee: 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2008
@IYA EGIN,
SPOT ON, NAIJA ECONOMY HAS TURNED SOME PASTORS INTO MILLIONAIRE.IF THIS GUY GOES FOR DELIVERANCE NOW,THEY ASK HIM TO BRING PROPHET OFFERING.
@the poster,
pls the truth is what IYA EGIN has said.U really need to be patient and at the same time prayerful.dont go for any yeye deliverance.pray to God in ur own room.for as long as u are sincere,God will heed ur prayers.
Also,u need to add some values to ursef.
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by uchetobi(f): 9:35am On Aug 25, 2008
upload ur cv up to this thread and i'l pick it up. howold are you?
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by carmelily: 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2008
uchetobi:

upload your cv up to this thread and i'l pick it up. howold are you?

more like it. all these church ads should be censored.
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by ohwofasa(m): 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2008
thank God 4 ur result but u ve nt done sumtin,jus read matt 11v18
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by carmelily: 11:22am On Aug 26, 2008
ohwofasa:

u ve nt done sumtin,jus read matt 11v18

just like Dangote, Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Mark Zuckerman or our own Seun did, huh? tongue
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 26, 2008
I feel really sorry for your situation,i advice you start professional examination and can as well go for teaching of ICAN students which i believe can fetch you good money with your 2:1. Secondly,work experience is another hindrance to your predicaments,try to start from smaller ventures and you will see what will happen.

I wish you good luck in all you do and hope you will come bk to Nairaland for a testimony.
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by Gettolove(m): 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2008
I don't know why people should thiink that one has a spiritual problem if he/she can't secure a job. I think the situation here is not different from what people face in our society today.

My advise: I beg try look at smaller org or coys may be that is where you need to start from, I am not saying you should not seek employment in banks et al but do not ignore the smaller companies.

I beg go register for ICAN because for you be on top of your carrier except you don't want to major in the field.
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by toyosime: 8:46pm On Sep 01, 2008
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by Howyeh(f): 10:23pm On May 26, 2020
uchetobi:
upload ur cv up to this thread and i'l pick it up. howold are you?
Good evening Ma....!
Please, could you still be of help in this regard?
I was actually on the look out for your TTC moments, as I saw a post where you recently offered to give out a baby stroller preferably to a woman that struggled to conceive.......

I am TTC at the moment ma, so I seriously need something I could lay my hands on to suppress depression.
MA, worthy of clarification is the fact that; I don't want the job "for the moment" I want it because I NEED IT.
I double both as a Customer care Rep, and a HR ma.
As I have years of experience in the former, and a certification in the latter.
A resident of Lagos, Alimosho axis, Igando precisely...
I humbly await your response ma.
May the Lord honour you beyond your greatest expectations.!
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by Nelsizzy(m): 1:23pm On May 27, 2020
Howyeh:

Good evening Ma....!
Please, could you still be of help in this regard?
I was actually on the look out for your TTC moments, as I saw a post where you recently offered to give out a baby stroller preferably to a woman that struggled to conceive.......

I am TTC at the moment ma, so I seriously need something I could lay my hands on to suppress depression.
MA, worthy of clarification is the fact that; I don't want the job "for the moment" I want it because I NEED IT.
I double both as a Customer care Rep, and a HR ma.
As I have years of experience in the former, and a certification in the latter.
A resident of Lagos, Alimosho axis, Igando precisely...
I humbly await your response ma.
May the Lord honour you beyond your greatest expectations.!

You are quoting a post from 12 years ago without even confirming if the account was online recently. Good luck.
Re: 2.1 Degree In Accounting Yet No Job by Howyeh(f): 2:34pm On May 27, 2020
Nelsizzy:

You are quoting a post from 12 years ago without even confirming if the account was online recently. Good luck.
Really...!
Am not sure you read through, now, if ur really so interested in the case, go back & read, but now, read in between the lines!
Thanks for chipping in the "Good luck"!

(1) (Reply)

PA / Secretary/ Computer Operator / The 31 Best Linkedin Profile Tips For Job Seekers / British Council Recruit Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.