Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself (61582 Views)

How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing / Part 2: How To Calculate The Price Of A Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself / R Of O And C Of O. What's The Difference ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by moneytalk(m): 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2009
@ Lawyer,

Thanks for your reply kindly inform me once you lay your hand on it and also i will like to know the fate of some properties that cross along two state like the one in Isheri North if it cross to both Lagos and OGun state what can i do.

its like i don't know the boundary most especially between Lagos state and OGun state and who to pay too.

Why do some omo oniles demand payments for e.g Foundation level, Roofing Level e.t.c please do you have some remedies for it am feed up with there attitude, hope to hear from you.

Best Regards.
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by Poj1(m): 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2009
Lawyer,
Thanks a million for this information,its most enlightening.I will send you a mail now to see how you can help
me on this matter.
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by sundayng(m): 8:52pm On Feb 22, 2009
thanks for your advice
it is really a pieceful information
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by joobreel(m): 8:49pm On Mar 23, 2009
@lawyer
There are stll good people in Nigeria. U re one of them. Keep up the good work
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by oluwdashmi(f): 9:50am On Mar 24, 2009
@Lawyer

Thanks for saving us from ignorance. Wonderful work done so far. You are not just a Lawyer but an Educationist (permit me to say that). Keep the cool work up.
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by Nestoville(m): 11:32am On Mar 24, 2009
Thanks Lawyer for all your explanations,they are invaluable, your intended article on ratification is highly awaited. God bless
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by celestine7(m): 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2009
the law, keep up the good work. how about this mowe/ofada properties can one starts processing its c of o.? now. since there is rumour that govt will soon acquire all those properties.thanks kindly reply.
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by lawyer(m): 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2009
Thanks y'all for all your kind words. Much appreciated! wink

But i want to make one observation which is, that this c/o calculation is strictly for lagos and the land bureau in alausa is reviewing the process to add more taxes to pay and more documents to file. When i get the new additions i would post them and that means the amount to be spent would definately increase but we will be waiting for more info from the land bureau!

Cheers!
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by baby123: 3:13pm On Mar 25, 2009
lawyer God bless u abundantly , for all ur efforts
but i beg no vex do u have any idea the fee for residential area at Ago palace way okota isolo lagos state .

i will appreciate if u ask for me
thanks
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by jericho: 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2009
Insert Quote
Quote from: battleaxe on February 18, 2009, 12:23 PM
@lawyer
From your response, it almost looks like you need to get a governor's consent even if you have a C of O. I thought that the governor's consent is a document required for subsequent property transactions after a C of O had originally being issued on a land/house. As such, if i get a C of O on a land, develop it and don't sell it, there is no need to get a governor's consent. It will only come into place when i decide to sell and the buyer then has to secure a governor's consent subsequent to my earlier C of O granted. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
In that light then, I would think that a governor's consent would not necessarily always superceed a C of O , or what do you think?

A governors consent is the ultimate legal title you can have to get 100% legal backing for any property and it supercedes the C/O any day and time.

For example if there is a court dispute in respect of a particular land between You and I. If you have the governors consent for that land and i have a C/O of that same land, your governor's consent supercedes any title i have to that land because the governor personally has aceeded to you being the true and rightful owner to that land.

In short a C/O is a prelude to getting the Governors consent but has a much greater value over someone that just bought a land with only a deed of assignment and survey plan in case a dispute crops up with you two in respect of that land.

Even if your property has a governors consent on that land and you decide to sell to me using the governors consent as a veritable bargaining chip to value the worth of your house, if i buy it from you, i will still have to apply for the governors consent in my own name for it to reflect. The only good thing is that i wont have to go through the process of obtaining a certificate of occupancy again since you have already done it before to get the governors consent.

There seems to be a slight mix up here:

A Certificate of Occupancy is only issued for Government allocated Land. Governor's consent is required to validate every subsequent transaction of real
property. For example, where Mr A buys a piece of Property directly from the State Government, he is issued a letter of allocation and he then proceeds to obtain his C of O from the Government. However, where he subsequently decides to sell it to Mr B, Mr B must obtain Governor's consent for the sale to be valid. For every subsequent sale of the property, only the Governor's consent is required. Though any subsequent purchaser can proceed to obtain a new C of O in his own name.

So to say that Governor's consent supersedes a C of O is not entirely true. It would depend on the particular circumstances on the case. In this regard, Battleaxe is correct in his analysis.

J
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by lawyer(m): 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2009
Oga Jericho grin

Your so correct. I missed the question totally and my mind was going to tendering superior documents in court when there is a dispute between a C/O and  Governors consent relating to the same land. I forgot to add that it is when there is a subsequent transaction that the Govenors consent is required in most cases.

Thanks for pointing it out! cheesy

Omonile don scatter my head with so so fake c/o and i was just trying to point out the differences.
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by jericho: 10:13am On Mar 26, 2009
Lawyer,

Nice talking to you yesterday. Will send some referrals your way soon.

Keep up d good work.

Cheers.

J
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by ALHAJIali(m): 10:32pm On Mar 30, 2009
Lawyer how u de?pls if one buys a land from original owner with c of o and approved drawings
(approved in1994) bought the land in in 99,wish to start build now in 2009,what do i need to do?do i still have to go for renewal of this approved drawings?or they done expire?i ve original c of o and changed them to my name with heavy stamp duties and all fees paid to lagos state govt already,given consent in my name,pls advise me,(dobinax1@yahoo.com)thank you the law
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by moshino(m): 9:06pm On Apr 23, 2009
Lawyer is constantly giving us all wonderful, helpful and free information here. Everyone is saying 'thank you lawyer', 'God bless you lawyer', 'your wife will deliver fine fine pikins for you', 'you be nice naija man lawyer'. All that is all good I'm sure, but how about sending him a six pack of something cold every 2 days or sending him 3k recharge card every week or maybe a plot of land somewhere.
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by ajileko: 9:30pm On Apr 23, 2009
Ok the lawyer, here is a six pack of miller light for you and please don't dring and drive.
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by Nimshi: 1:10pm On Aug 12, 2009
Now to the Governor's consent

Now lets break it down simply (Abeg carry your calculator as you de read am o! I can't shout anymore):

Tip 1: Every area in lagos state has its own separate fees to pay for the governor's consent. I will illustrate with 5 real examples.

a. If you have a property in AKOWONJO / SHASHA Local Government, it is N1,500 per m2 (Square meter)

b. If you have a property in LEKKI PHASE 2, it is N4,500 per m2 (Square meter)

C. If you have a property in GBAGADA/ANTHONY, it is N6,000 per m2 (Square meter)

d. If you have a property in ILUPEJU RESIDENTIAL, it is N10,000 per m2 (Square meter)

e. If you have a property in PARK VIEW/OSBORNE 1, it is N40,000 per m2 (Square meter)

So if you bought the land for N1,000,000 (One Million Naira), and you know from the survey plan that your land is probably for example 160m2 by 56 m2, you have to calculate your area multiplied by the square meters.

E.G if we use AKOWONJO / ISHERI which is N1,500 per m2 (Square meter), the calculation will go like this:

N1,500 X 160 M2 = N240,000.

This N240,000 is the assessment Price.

Secondly, we have what is being called CAPITAL GAIN TAX which is 2% of the Assessment Price.

That is 2% of N240,000 =N4,800

Thirdly we have what is being called STAMP DUTY which is also 2% of the Assessment Price

That is 2% of N240,000 =N4,800

Fourthly we have what is being called REGISTRATION FEES which is now 3% of the Assessment Price

That is 3% of N240,000 =N7,200

Fifthly we have what is being called CONSENT FEES which is 8% of the Assessment Price

That is 8% of N240,000 =N19,200

The total price you would pay for the governor's consent for just AKOWONJO/SHASHA local government area for a property or land bought is

N240,000 + N19,200 +N4,800 +N4,800 + N7,200 = N276,000.

Lawyer, thanks for the time and information.

But your example calculation is unclear. (see the part in boldface type below):

So if you bought the land for N1,000,000 (One Million Naira), and you know from the survey plan that your land is probably for example 160m2 by 56 m2, you have to calculate your area multiplied by the square meters.

E.G if we use AKOWONJO / ISHERI which is N1,500 per m2 (Square meter), the calculation will go like this:

N1,500 X 160 M2 = N240,000.

Did you mean to writee 160m by 56m? It is difficult to understand 160m2 by 56 m2 ,
___160m by 56m = 8960 sq.mtrs
___ at N1,500 per m^2, this fellow would be shelling out N13.44million for the consent.

160m^2 is quite small an area; and 8960m^2 is quite large.
I'll suppose any figure from about 600m^2 is a reasonably-sized plot although some estates at Lekki, say, have plots of 450 m^2.

Cheers.
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by Nimshi: 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2009
A question:

What if property is being transferred without it being bought/sold?

Essentially, the cost of the transaction is zero naira: say when a father gifts a plot to his daughter.

How will the cost for the Governor's consent be calculated?

Cheers.
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 12, 2009
Very well said. Well done!
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by lawyer(m): 11:35pm On Dec 12, 2009
Click Her For Part 2 https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-364459.0.html. This contains all the listings of all the areas in Lagos and their Calculations from Alausa
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by zionchic(f): 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2011
hi law, avn't been in nairaland in ages but caught between purchasing a property with ready made c of o and survey documents or one without these docs i found myself back in nairaland, anyways my question really is to know if i still need a governor;s consent after obtaining c of o and survey docs and if so, what is the cost for a property in badagry, btw how many square metres is in one plot, tanx
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by deliceshop(m): 3:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
@Hello Lawyer,

I have 4 plots of land in 2 different area in Ogun state i.e 2 plots together.

I will like to know the total cost of getting the C of O and survey plan

could you email me the price and your contact

my email is info(AT)willamnaturalproduct.com
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by Olazin: 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
moneytalk: @Lawyer,
Hello Sir,
May God invest in you as you have iinvested time,energy and your expertise on this issue.Please I would like to know if ownership of C of O are transferable.I bought a farm land that came witn c/o but I want to know if I must change it to bear my name or I should just leave it like that.And secondly, the procedures you highlighted for processing C/O, are they the same for farm lands C/O processing?
smiley
Good job keep it up do you have the same informations for Ogun state on how to obtain there C/O or is it the same because most of some area fall into Ogun State and if its the same can some one use Lagos state C/O to stand for Ogun State Property need the info asap.

Thanks.
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by Olazin: 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
moneytalk: @Lawyer,
Hello Sir,
May God invest in you as you have invested time,energy and your expertise on this issue.Please I would like to know if ownership of C of O are transferable.I bought a farm land that came with c/o but I want to know if I must change it to bear my name or I should just leave it like that.And secondly, the procedures you highlighted for processing C/O, are they the same for farm lands C/O processing?
smiley
Good job keep it up do you have the same informations for Ogun state on how to obtain there C/O or is it the same because most of some area fall into Ogun State and if its the same can some one use Lagos state C/O to stand for Ogun State Property need the info asap.

Thanks.
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by Amechi11: 1:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
What is the way to get c of o in idiroko in ogun state border
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by imoleayo98: 10:46am On Sep 30, 2015
For your Survey and C of O. LAGOS call me 08050360570 working directly with the New Surveyor General of Lagos tnkx
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by akinfola(m): 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2015
Pls, the Law can one get C/O for half a plot of land? Thank you for time
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by cbravo(m): 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2016
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by cbravo2: 1:03pm On May 09, 2017
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by cbravo3: 1:04pm On May 09, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elegant 3 Bedroom Bungalow Construction On Half Plot - Lekki (with Pictures) / 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) / How Many Plots Of Land Can We Find In An Acres. Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.