Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself (61585 Views)

How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing / Part 2: How To Calculate The Price Of A Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself / R Of O And C Of O. What's The Difference ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by AmanRoyal(f): 3:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
We have a broad range of Land documentation services available, from

* Deed of Assignment
• Deed of Gifts
• Deed of Mortgages
• Search and Title Verification
• Certificate of occupancy
• Building Plan Approval
• Ratification
• Titles & Requirement

Click on the link below for a FREE property calculation, get your FREE instant online calculation http://www.amanroyalpartners.com/calculators
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by dezealdig: 10:16pm On Dec 02, 2017
BUY LAND FROM A GENUINE SOURCE.

Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by MATTSkoncepts: 4:50pm On Feb 03, 2019
Thanks de law,
pls I want to know how much is the Governor's consent for Surulere LGA, happy to hear from you.
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by temmiella: 4:23pm On May 01, 2019
Well done the law, bt pls my question is a bit different from this,I have a building at atan iju in Ogun state, being staying there for 3yrs,suddenly I saw some men in uniforms, writing on the walls POSSESSION TAKEN IN S/NO/HCT/290/2014., now just yesterday we were told a caterpillar will come in to demolish houses except we all can pay to them and after the payment we will be given the c of o, because he has it.now our payment he said a plot of land will pay #800,000. So I'm jst confused
Re: How To Calculate The Price of a C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos Yourself by Ajalalomo: 2:02am On Aug 12, 2023
lawyer:
Firstly i don tire for una for Nairaland. Since my last post on (Tips on how to register a Property in Lagos), You guys have bombarded my e-mail box with series of questions regarding the same thing and i don't even know what to do again to help you. Even if someone needs to help you obtain the C/O or the Governor's consent, you must finally get these things right once and for all because from now on, i would be ignoring emails that ask me these same questions.

To register a C/O sharp sharp and to avoid so many stories, this is just the basics you should know and the fees to be paid.

[b]1. Get your survey plan

2. Get the land information from the surveyor general's office or ask your lawyer to get it for you. It costs just N7,000 Only (No cheating) any body that tells you it is more than that is scamming you big time.

3. Get your structural Drawing in place i.e what structure you intend to put on the land or architectural design

4. 2 Passport photographs

5. Tax reciept or Tax clearance certificate (This is very very important now and without this, no C/O would be granted) Now if you don't have it, but you want to proceed with your C/O registeration immediately, you must pay N60,000 to the land registry to cover the Tax clearance certificate. No more, no less.

6. Purchase reciept from the previous owners or family that sold it to you better still known to you as the "omo ni ile boys" for all of you scrambling for family property beyond lekki phase 2 to Epe

7. Very important, "BROWN ENVELOPE" to follow up the C/O at the land registry, N50,000 (Na Naija we de! Shine your eye, no dulling!) unless your C/O will come out after Yaradua's second term in office , lol

8. Legal Fees negotiable with the lawyer depending on if he likes your guts or your attitude, lol [/b]

You can see how simple this is and does not take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

Please no more emails on these simple questions except you want me to assist you to get it done ASAP because your a nairalander.

Now to the Governor's consent

Now lets break it down simply (Abeg carry your calculator as you de read am o! I can't shout anymore):

Tip 1: Every area in lagos state has its own separate fees to pay for the governor's consent. I will illustrate with 5 real examples.

a. If you have a property in AKOWONJO / SHASHA Local Government, it is N1,500 per m2 (Square meter)

b. If you have a property in LEKKI PHASE 2, it is N4,500 per m2 (Square meter)

C. If you have a property in GBAGADA/ANTHONY, it is N6,000 per m2 (Square meter)

d. If you have a property in ILUPEJU RESIDENTIAL, it is N10,000 per m2 (Square meter)

e. If you have a property in PARK VIEW/OSBORNE 1, it is N40,000 per m2 (Square meter)

So if you bought the land for N1,000,000 (One Million Naira), and you know from the survey plan that your land is probably for example 160m2 by 56 m2, you have to calculate your area multiplied by the square meters.

E.G if we use AKOWONJO / ISHERI which is N1,500 per m2 (Square meter), the calculation will go like this:

N1,500 X 160 M2 = N240,000.

This N240,000 is the assessment Price.

Secondly, we have what is being called CAPITAL GAIN TAX which is 2% of the Assessment Price.

That is 2% of N240,000 =N4,800

Thirdly we have what is being called STAMP DUTY which is also 2% of the Assessment Price

That is 2% of N240,000 =N4,800

Fourthly we have what is being called REGISTRATION FEES which is now 3% of the Assessment Price

That is 3% of N240,000 =N7,200

Fifthly we have what is being called CONSENT FEES which is 8% of the Assessment Price

That is 8% of N240,000 =N19,200

The total price you would pay for the governor's consent for just AKOWONJO/SHASHA local government area for a property or land bought is

N240,000 + N19,200 +N4,800 +N4,800 + N7,200 = N276,000.

So if your property is in Ajah, Lekki, ikeja, Isolo etc, the calculation is basically the same with the exception of the rate per square meters that is different i.e either N10,000 per m2 or N6,500 per m2, depending on the area.

Generally Service charge i.e legal fees for procuring the Governor's consent within 40 days tops should not exceed between N80,000-N120,000 depending on your negotiation skills because you have to conceed that this is Nigeria we are talking about and if "brown envelopes" and "recharge cards" doesnt circulate around to the key people to assess it on time, it would take probably 6months-2years to get it done.

I have read so many emails complaining that N80,000 to N100,000 is too much to do the governor's consent and all i do is refer them to other lawyers or firms such as Festus keyamo, Gani Fawenhimi or Ajumogobia and Okeke. I really can't picture any lawyer (Hungry or not or charge and bail or whatever) doing this for less than N150,000 because of the stress and madness of the land registry and the constant transportation and phone calls to monitor the different stages of registeration and filings. The land registry knows that for you to buy a house and pay over N1Million to buy a piece of land, you can be bluffed around and made to cough out more than expected and with the new laws that intend to revoke C/O's parading around, the Land registry knows that land owners are extremely panicky and pay anything to make sure they get a governors consent no matter the cost.

Other requirements that must be filed after calculating the governors consent include:

1. Dated Letter of application with address and telephone number usually done by a lawyer

2. Completed Form 1c usually done by a lawyer on behalf of the owner of the land

3.Certified true copy of the Grantors title document (The grantor's title document is the C/O or other relevant title of the land or property given to the new owner of the land by the former owner)

4. Grantee's Tax clearance certificate/ Development levy (This is simple enough, Pay your taxes or no Governors consent)

5. 4 copies of the Deed of Assignment (That is the deed of assignment given to you and drafted by the former owner of the property or land to you)

6. Survey plans

7.Evidence of payment of for charting, endorsement and form 1c =N10,500* (Usually done by lawyers on behalf of the owner of the property)

8.Evidence of payment of ground rent /Land use charge

9. Building Plan and photography of the property

For further inquiries to know the area where your land or property falls under and to get the exact pricing of it, call me on 07036681104 and we will take it up from there. This is as easy as it gets and i doubt if the Land registry could be this patient with you to explain this.

Cheers and please register your property to avoid future wahala. No more excuses that you don't know the process!

Now you know!! wink

Do you know the price of C of O and Governor's Consent In Lagos State?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elegant 3 Bedroom Bungalow Construction On Half Plot - Lekki (with Pictures) / 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) / How Many Plots Of Land Can We Find In An Acres. Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.