Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation (42565 Views)

BBC Said This About The Nigerian Flag / Helicopters Hovering Round Onitsha With Nigerian Flag - Pics / Nigeria Is An Islamic Nation, The Unknown Handover Done By Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by DaHitler(m): 2:57pm On Jun 25, 2006
Is Nigeria a Muslim nation? If not, why is our flag made up of Green, White, Green? For those who don't know, Green and White on a flag is a code that tells everyone you are a Muslim nation.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Abeem(m): 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2006
Not true. The Green - White - Green symbol of the Nigerian flag has nothing to do with religion. It symbolizes Agriculture (Green) and Peace (White). And what if it is a symbol of Islam, what has that got to do with a country adopting the same symbol? You sounded as if the color symbols is the exclusive preserve of one organization and others cannot use it because of its affliation with that organized religion.
Advice This type of reasoning only comes from a diseased and jaundiced mind, not one that is educated. You strike me as someone who just write whatever comes to his mind without cross-checking the facts and accuracy or doing his homework before going to press. And like I have advised you before, always endeavour to spice your write-up with credibility, because that is the only way your readers will take you serious. As a young lad, your mind should be devoted to productive ventures and not acts capable of inciting one set of people against the other.
Observation It would appear your pastime is devoted to fanning the embers of hatred. If it is not speaking ill of one religion, it will be rooting for the break-up of the country. The Green-White-Green flag of the country has been flown since October 1st, 1960, after the Union Jack, the British flag was lowered on the attainment of independence on Oct. 1st, 1960 and I have not heard nor read such insinuation/charges that you have made.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by mrmayor(m): 6:58pm On Jun 25, 2006
@Abeem,

Green for agriculture and White for peace is what you were taught in school,a little reseach would tell that all Islamic Countries have Green and White as their National Colours.
It would be interesting to find out the real history behind the Nigerian flag.

Cheers
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Abeem(m): 8:04pm On Jun 25, 2006
Because of some people's hate for Islam, they will hasten to join the bandwagon in the attack of the religion. If you are not aware, please be informed that the distinguishing symbol of Islam is the moon crescent.  Go and check the flags of Islamic nations and you will notice that they have the crescent on their flags.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by mrmayor(m): 10:43pm On Jun 25, 2006
Abeem,

We are not discussing the design of Islamic flags,whats the issue is the COLOURS
For the sake of being fair please check out this link of Islamic Countries and tell me how many that don't have Green and White in some way as part of their national colours.
http://www.flags.net/ISCO.htm

Enjoy
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by stanech: 10:55pm On Jun 25, 2006
WE Pray God to help us in dividing this country or go back to a system of govt where the state has a larger power otherwise we are an islamic country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 25, 2006
Who sneaked us into that evil terrorist conference? shocked
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by toshmann(m): 11:46pm On Jun 25, 2006
we cannot just say that the green colors are for islam. there is no statement from the website that the religion adopted green as a color. even if they did, there is no law that states that only islam should have green as a color. so our green is for agriculture, and our white for peace(do we really have peace in that country? and what of agriculture?) anyway the color aint for religion

BTW there are islamic countires which don't have the green color in thier flag.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 25, 2006
Green - Agriculture = Imported food stuff you mean?
White - Peace = The kind of peace in the Niger Delta?

What about black for oil? That seems to be the only thing we produce these days. Red for all the Niger Delta and religious cartoon palaver.

Flag of Nigeria - Black Red Black
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by damygurl(f): 1:50am On Jun 26, 2006
@ Afeni something tells me you flunked Geography.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Abeem(m): 4:26am On Jun 26, 2006
mrmayor,
Norfolk Island located in the Australian peninsula, is a country whose flag is decked with the green-white-green colours.  With the exception of the tree in the middle, this flag is similar in all respects to the Nigerian flag.  Did I conjure or perform some MS Photo editing on the Nigerian flag? Nope.  I obtained this information from the same source you provided in your reply. For the avoidance of doubt, click on this link: http://www.flags.net/ASTL01.htm#ASTL0109 
I know you reside in Europe and you are very much aware that Australia and the surrounding Islands in the peninsula (are) were all British territories or is the Norfolk Island an OIC member nation too?
The truth is that:
toshmann:

we cannot just say that the green colors are for islam. there is no statement from the website that the religion adopted green as a color. even if they did, there is no law that states that only islam should have green as a color. so our green is for agriculture, and our white for peace(do we really have peace in that country? and what of agriculture?) anyway the color aint for religion

BTW there are islamic countires which don't have the green color in their flag.
Please let desist from this culture of misinformation and base our arguments on truth not falsehood and conjecture.
Thank you.

Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by mrmayor(m): 8:53am On Jun 26, 2006
Abeem,

Why don't you post the flags of all the other countries that have a significant Muslim population?
Please work out the percentage of out of 42 countries in the Islamic Conference 28 have a combination of Green and White of some sort in their design.
I'm not here to disparage Islam or any other religion,but its a known fact that organizations like Hamas,Hazbollah,Islamic Jihad,Muslim Brothers etc have Green as a predominant colour.

Please take a Chill Pill,no need to feel hurt!

Cheers
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Chxta(m): 2:54pm On Jun 26, 2006
I didn't know that Ireland, Italy, Mexico and Wales are Islamic nations,

Ireland:

Italy:

Mexico:

Wales:

Afterall, according to some of the reasoning here, since their flags have significant amounts of green and white,

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Chxta(m): 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2006
One more thing, @ Afeni, you need an education. Mr Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi who designed the Nigerian flag is as Yoruba as you are and as Christian as I think you are.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Chxta(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2006
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by toshmann(m): 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2006
nice one chyxta

tell them b/c they dont know
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by toshmann(m): 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2006
if the green color signifies islam, then all vegetarians,as well as all those who eat green vegetables, all players in the world cup who are playing on green fields, all animals in the african tropical jungle etc etc etc are islamic
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Chxta(m): 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2006
Been waiting on someone to reply since so we would play the next card, but since Afeni and his ilk seem not to be available, let me play it before going to watch some footy,

Bahrain, Qatar, Indonesia and Yemen, all genuine Islamic countries.

This Afeni fellow is a truly jaundiced mind. Quote me anywhere!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Ashiwaju(m): 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2006
This is what i call, Nonesence, Absolute Nonsense! why say the green in nigeria's flag is islamic? and not for peace anylonger, we seem to have fake interpreters here and that Saudi Arabias flag has same colours has not in anyway indicated that Nigeiran flag is islamic. i think the problem here is misinformation or should i say lack of proper oritentation, is the US,UK and Italy also an Islamic Country for having white on their flags and Italy having green on its flag?

Please look for something more reasonable and not condemn whats here to stay.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by superman(m): 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2006
jesus allah im callin pls strip nigeria of all de morons raomin on de soil !!

na wahooooooo 4 WAEC !
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by saintchux(m): 6:26pm On Jun 26, 2006
@Afeni

This is reason where we will never develop. Afeni what us to know that green + white = islamic. Then which color + which color = Christianity.

How can we develop when what we discuss here is green+white=Islamic; having an affairs with marriage men, how to toast a girl.

Someone is paying for this resources. Can't we make this forum a place of uniting rather than a place for disintegrating.

Green is a colour, white is a colout, right now, am wearing a white shit with multiple stripe which one of the stripe happens to be green. Does it make my shirt islamic if we should go with Afeni.

Afeni, please have you gotten the girl friend you are looking for, May be you need one urgent so that your brain will cool down
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by diyobdw(f): 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2006
Gues this one of those topic to make people talk.
@ Afeni na wa for your u angry
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by LuciferFan(m): 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2006
I think he got it all wrong. The nation is for me. The GREEN white GREEN signifies LUCIFER! That's me! That's why I put the Ogboni people at the helms of affairs. I am gradually expanding my tentacles. We are taking over NL.
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Idekeson(m): 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2006
Henceforth, I shall desist from associating with any object with the color green, including the American Dollar. Beware of Islamic domination. grin
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by DRANOEL(m): 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2006
did that afeni dude pass through college? no wonder people look down on our paper qualifications!
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by ide(m): 7:23pm On Jun 26, 2006
@AFENI

SO SO IGNORANT shocked
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by Idekeson(m): 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2006
I've always suspected that dull Green-White-Green. No emotional attachment. Maybe we should adopt the Biafran flag (Rising Sun)
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by shawna(f): 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2006
OMG this thread is way too funny am readin an am LMAO and rolling on the floor wheres this stupid afeni guy anyways grin grin grin grin grin grin

chxta am reading that link u posted an it is so hilarious cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by toshmann(m): 8:02pm On Jun 26, 2006
oh shawna u are so beautiful

hmmmnn kiss kiss

(sorry if i embarrased u, and for changing topic)
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by toshmann(m): 8:03pm On Jun 26, 2006
oh shawna u are so beautiful

(forgive me if i embarrased u, and for changing the topic)

hmmmmn

kiss     kiss    kiss
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by shawna(f): 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2006
uuhhmmm thank you undecided smileyu know that pic in my profile aint me right?
Re: Nigerian Flag: Green, White, Green = Islamic Nation by toshmann(m): 8:09pm On Jun 26, 2006
shawna:

u know that pic in my profile aint me right?

haha looks like TLC left eye?

aight?
whoever it is ,dunno, she's cool. thot it was u. anyway, the 1st takes are always right. my spirit still tells me u are a pretty lady.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Jonathan’s Senator, Rep, Others Defect To APC / Tough Policies: IMF, World Bank Take Over Nigeria’s Economy - TribuneOnline / Protesters Attack Oyo Governor's Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.