Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,602 members, 7,781,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 04:33 AM

Cashcard International Freezes V-cash Accounts Belonging To Nigerians - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cashcard International Freezes V-cash Accounts Belonging To Nigerians (7171 Views)

Court Freezes Ubah’s Capital Oil Accounts / TSA Freezes Interbank Market, Bank Transactions FROZEN!! / GTB Freezes My Account For False Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cashcard International Freezes V-cash Accounts Belonging To Nigerians by mrtee(m): 4:17pm On Jun 25, 2006
CASHCARD INTERNATIONAL FREEZES ACCOUNTS BELONGING TO NIGERIANS:i was in a state of shock when i went to my wbsite and saw a message,stating that my account has been freezed just because my country(NIGERIA) was blacklisted from doing business with the US till further notice,here is the massage!

Effective Immediately, Cash Cards International can no longer do business with persons or businesses from Nigeria.

For a number of years the Financial Action Task Force ("FATF"wink has placed Nigeria on the "Back List" of Non Cooperative countries in the fight against Money Laundering.

According to the US State Department, Nigeria is a worldwide hub for Money Laundering activity, and is notorious for Financial Fraud Schemes that involve the International Wire Transfer of funds.

For more information:

http://www.fatf-gafi.org/dataoecd/16/23/36174130.pdf

http://www.fintrac.gc.ca/publications/avs/2004-10-29_e.asp

http://www.fatf-gafi.org/dataoecd/43/53/34949558.pdf

http://www.fincen.gov/advis32.pdf

http://www.oecd.org/document/61/0,2340,fr_2649_37453_2487165_1_1_1_37453,00.html

As an international corporation we have been monitoring the progress of Nigeria to meet the requirements to be taken off the "Black List". Unfortunately, there just hasn't been enough progress (see first reference above) and as such we must now suspend all transactions with individuals or businesses from Nigeria to include freezing all V-Cash accounts opened by Nigerians. At such time that Nigeria meets the criteria to be removed from the "Black List", we will again open up these accounts.

NA WAOOO is is a crime to be a NIGERIAN, AH!
Re: Cashcard International Freezes V-cash Accounts Belonging To Nigerians by mrtee(m): 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2006
yes! my brother the thing is really affecting me and so many goldlynks members , so far i have made $3000k from this program,and i am expecting another $800 by 30th June.but the yahoo yahoo boys have gone there and spoil our fun,by using the medium to do thier naferious act asper wire transfer. Sometimes, i wonder say na crime sey person be Nigerian! na waooooo.
Yesterday one woman collapsed when she heard about the news,cos she just bought digitals from me about 2weeks ago hoping to buy more ,so as to send to her son for his up keep in school(US).
When will Nigerians stop this fraud acts,so many countries of the world dont like doing business with Nigerians as a result of the bad image we have. na waooo!
Lets just keep our fingers crossed, cos i called CASHCARDS office in minnesota and spoke with the support team and was told that in few weeks time evrything will be sorted out.
Re: Cashcard International Freezes V-cash Accounts Belonging To Nigerians by samm(m): 7:22pm On Jun 26, 2006
Re: Cashcard International Freezes V-cash Accounts Belonging To Nigerians by niyyie(m): 10:32pm On Jun 26, 2006
This is incredible. V-Cash is going to be unpopular just like PayPal. Why close someone's account without any prior notification? Why put a country of 150 million people and all its citizens under suspicion?
Why?
Re: Cashcard International Freezes V-cash Accounts Belonging To Nigerians by mrtee(m): 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2006
@samm,
thanks for the news but as i am writing this now, nothing nothing has been done to defreeze our account by CASHCARDS . i wonder why its taking them time to effect .
Re: Cashcard International Freezes V-cash Accounts Belonging To Nigerians by samm(m): 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2006
You might want to write them and refer them to the FATF website where they announced the ban lift if you can find it. Post their info here. I might give them a call too and ask them when they intend to defreeze the accounts.
Re: Cashcard International Freezes V-cash Accounts Belonging To Nigerians by mrtee(m): 7:22pm On Jun 28, 2006
@ samm,
yeah i did called them ,i got one of the support guys, he told me yes,Nigeria has been taken off the list but their banks are still waiting for the proper green light to resume operation and secondly since the blacklisting , of Nigeria and other countries, they have lost a good amount of money cos 95% of their customers are Nigerians doing legit business on Goldlynks, so due to that ,Goldlynks program has been suspended till further notice, so that they can adjust.
i must confess i have made about $3000 from goldynks since i joined last year and this online program offered by CASHCARD came to Nigeria in 2001 and now that it has gain momentum, the FATF struck! na waooo, well i am still cool cos other new program are already running, just today i was paid $150 in my e-gold account and i belive it will keep coming hence my network is growing
NETWORK MARKETING is the business of the future.
Re: Cashcard International Freezes V-cash Accounts Belonging To Nigerians by enolase(m): 5:39pm On Jun 16, 2007
Nigeria may have been delisted by FATF, but the Office of Foreign Asset and Control (OFAC) of the US State Department still has Nigeria on the list of non-cooperative countries on international money laundering.

OFAC (not FATF) are the real problem here, and from recent comments emanating from there, Nigeria is not getting off their list anytime soon.

OFAC has instructed all banks in the US doing business with Nigerian companies to freeze their accounts.

So I can tell you that even though Cashcards would like to do business with Nigerians, will be in trouble of they contravene the law as spelt out by OFAC.

That's it!
Re: Cashcard International Freezes V-cash Accounts Belonging To Nigerians by niyyie(m): 8:35am On Jul 01, 2007
I openly challenged Steve Renner (Cashcards CEO) on my blog. He replied. When he was fired with some more questions, he never came back. grin Wanna see for yourself?

Go to http://www.davidajao.com/blog/2007/03/17/cashcards-release-the-money-of-nigerians/
Re: Cashcard International Freezes V-cash Accounts Belonging To Nigerians by slim49z(m): 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2007
Sorry to those who lost at cash card. sad

Just keep going, the world is not over yet.

Maybe you h'd like to give my secret to $100 bills a try wink

Good luck to us all,
slim cheesy

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A Supermarket In Nigeria / I Need Help To Withdraw My Payoneer Directly To My Dom Account / LAD GLOBAL SERVICES: SHIP FROM USA ONLINE STORES TO NIGERIA $5/LBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.