Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. (40357 Views)

How Do You Handle A Tough Boss Most Especially A Female Boss / How To Protect Your E-currency Accounts Most Especially Your Liberty Reserve! / I Dont What Happened To Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Shaz(f): 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2008
I thought it'll be clumsy to keep all the informative threads sticky so I'll post all the links here.
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Shaz(f): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2008
Forum Abbreviations and Their Meanings

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-95670.0.html
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Shaz(f): 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2008

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Shaz(f): 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2008

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Shaz(f): 5:40pm On Aug 21, 2008
Advertisement on Nairaland - Google Adsense

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-104043.0.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Shaz(f): 11:37pm On Aug 21, 2008
How To Set Your Time According to Your Time Zone

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-82326.0.html#msg1548079
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Shaz(f): 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2008
How to hide your e-mail address from your profile

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1517.160.html#msg2739799

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by tinuk: 11:05pm On Sep 01, 2008
hey Shaz i realize how tight ds might be but could u pls brighten me up
on ds google of a thing pleaase.@ tinu245@yahoo.com or if u can link me up with some things.
i'd really appreciate it.
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Shaz(f): 11:36pm On Sep 01, 2008
I don't get you. And whatever it is, I'll sort it on the forum.smiley
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by iice(f): 6:11pm On Sep 04, 2008
Can you please explain to them too that the report to the moderator link is not the link to reply a post. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Nella(f): 5:11pm On Sep 21, 2008
iice:

Can you please explain to them too that the report to the moderator link is not the link to reply a post. Thanks

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL grin grin Lmao!!

Shaz:

How to hide your e-mail address from your profile

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1517.160.html#msg2739799

yea, . .I finally got that one wink
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Cayon(f): 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2008
i tried changing my email address (the one that is hidden) but I am unable to do so b/c i forgot my password. Please help

Thanks
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Shaz(f): 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2008
Cayon:

i tried changing my email address (the one that is hidden) but I am unable to do so b/c i forgot my password. Please help

Thanks

That's for the admin to do.
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Cayon(f): 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2008
Re "admin can do it" - Hmm, I can tell you this much.  I can run around New York, take a plane to the BVI, go scuba diving, take a plane back to New York and run around New Yorrk again and this is not going to happen.  I thought you had the magical finger to do it. . . .why i ask. 
Shaz:

That's for the admin to do.
One last question

How do i change Cayon to S[/b]ayon

It was suppose to be my name [b]Sonya
unscrambled but I hit C instead of S.  I thought nothing about it first  but since folks referring to me as Crayon and Canyon . . . . .i want it change.  Can this be edited or must I re-register again?
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Shaz(f): 8:46pm On Nov 03, 2008
Lol . . I prefer Cayon though. It's got a brand loyalty attached to it. . wink. ANd I don't think peeps will take to the Sayon thing. .

But if you are so keen on changing it, approach the admin.
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Cayon(f): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2008
on that note i'll leave it

Much Love

Shaz:

Lol . . I prefer Cayon though. It's got a brand loyalty attached to it. . wink.

Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by chessguru(m): 8:44am On Nov 05, 2008
nice thread!! NICE DELIVERY!!
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Cayon(f): 11:20pm On Nov 05, 2008
Sir Admin:

Re my previous request above (changing removing the hidden email in my profile)

This is a shared email, my mother and i use it for business purposes. 

There has been an increase in spams and ads (some not decent) since adding it to my profile -  My mother is frustrated.

In light of the above, could you please remove the hidden email address as I am unable to delete it.  (Maybe I forgot the password. )

Once this is done, i'll replace it with the other email address

Merci boucou
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Shaz(f): 12:08am On Nov 06, 2008
Thanks, guru.

@Cayon, I had reason for saying you should approach the admin, you have to give him the new e-mail address before he removes the present one (that's if he's willing to do it). Hope you understand. You can just send him a mail regarding this for security purposes.
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Cayon(f): 2:20am On Nov 06, 2008
Maybe its the paint I am inhaling but I am confused.

You told me to approach him.  Ok, I did with the email above.

Now you are saying to email him.  I see no email address on his profile. (again, it may be the paint).  However, I clicked on his name (bottom page) - it took me to a blog.  Next to his name -him say DO NOT EMAIL ME.  Me just struuupes me teeth and left his blog

I can't afford to lose sleep ovah this.   Off to bed
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by chessguru(m): 3:58am On Nov 06, 2008
Cayon:

Maybe its the paint I am inhaling but I am confused.

You told me to approach him.  Ok, I did with the email above.

Now you are saying to email him.  I see no email address on his profile. (again, it may be the paint).  However, I clicked on his name (bottom page) - it took me to a blog.  Next to his name -him say DO NOT EMAIL ME.  Me just struuupes me teeth and left his blog

I can't afford to lose sleep ovah this.   Off to bed

@SAYON

, simple but not easy, what a set up??

This can be done by going to your profile clicking on the ACCOUNT RELATED SETTINGS, then make the necessary changes!! OOPS!! it wont work if you are not the ADMIN at least i was able to make that change on my own forum as the administrator, so i guess to do this, SEND A MAIL TO THE ADMIN (SEUN) table your request and expect a reply , BE PREPARED TO GIVE HIM YOUR PRESENT  PASSWORD, you can change this after that, and also the replacing email.

the words on the guys website says

please don’t email me (his email) about issues that can be adequately dealt with by just posting on the Nairaland Forum.

this can't be dealt with adequately by posting on the forum so let your  teeth be, be good to your self and mom and send him that email!!     GOOD LUCK!! grin

[s]lets hope the guy will be  in his lucid moment, when next he opens his email box, just thinking out loud!?[/s]
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Shaz(f): 6:38pm On Nov 06, 2008
Lol @ Guru, Thanks.
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Cayon(f): 12:31am On Nov 07, 2008
Funny, i just try the password again and it work. I swear, i typed the same password b4 and I was unable to change it.

Phew!!
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Cayon(f): 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2008
Hey Shaz:

A suggestion undecided

When viewing "who is online" Is there a way we can list the registered members first - followed by the guests (see attched).  order and unity comes to mind

merci

Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Shaz(f): 12:54am On Nov 16, 2008
I don't think so but I'll find out.
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by macro: 1:08am On Nov 18, 2008
i want to register into NL. why am i getting a reply like this:

Welcome, name!

Your username is: name

In order to login, you need to activate your account first. Please follow this link to do so:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=activate;u=265223;code=

Your activation code is:

Regards,
The Nairaland Forum Team.

i am using a friend's id to type here. your help will be appreciated.
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Shaz(f): 1:07am On Nov 21, 2008
In case you have forgotten your password, here's a way to retrieve it : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=reminder
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by lalaboi(m): 9:21am On Dec 03, 2008
how do i embed a youtube video?
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Cayon(f): 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2008
out of curiosity - are these Ads for Nigeria Area ONLY?.  We clicked on Pizza Hut  couple timese(checking for nearest area) to place an order and nothing came up.  I guess based on the answer (se below) we keep getting  - one can only order if they are in nigeria. undecided

Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by slimfine(f): 5:28am On Dec 20, 2008
How do you reply someones comment guys?

1 Like

Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Shaz(f): 4:05am On Dec 22, 2008
@Cayon,
The ads are not all Nigerian.

@slimfine,
You just did. It's the same way you make a post.
Re: Attn: The 'how To' Thread - Most Especially 4 Newbies In Nairaland. by Cayon(f): 7:08am On Jan 03, 2009
@shaz:

Could you please put in a good word for me. I TRULY TRULY need to change my screen name. Could you ask the bossman to change my name from Cayon to[b] FreezingHot[/b].

@Seun

Could you please please change screen name from Cayon to FreezingHot. I really don't want to start a new name. . . . .well unless this is impossible. And to understand my seriousness about the name change - I am on bending knees begging you. And if you ask me to hop on one leg for 6 hrs just to get my name change I'll do it

Thanks Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photo Of Guinness Book Of Records Largest Vagina In The World / Paralyzed Lady Celebrates 17th Anniversary Of Car Accident That Paralysed Her / A Damn Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.