Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Kpmg Or Zenith Bank - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Kpmg Or Zenith Bank (7713 Views)

Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Which Will You Accept ; Kpmg Or Pwc Offer ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by equioxyluv: 4:13am On Aug 22, 2008
I just got offer from KPMG to start work on d 1st of next month i.e September, but i am currently an Executive trainee in Zenith bank, plsssssssssss i will need advise from my fellow Nairalanders as to whether i should go 2 KPMG or Stay back in Zenith bank,
Re: Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by equioxyluv: 4:35am On Aug 22, 2008
pls your counsel in no small measure will help me in making my decision fast, Thanks i count on your kind co operation
Re: Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by moreebby(f): 5:12am On Aug 22, 2008
I think your best to advise yourself on these, just refer to the prospects in both organisation and i bet you would have an answer. If you were in some other bank, i would have advised you opted out, but Zenith with it's wide innovation, the sky could be your limit.

KPMG is one great organisation, not read anything about the company yet but from what i have heard, there seem to be hopes working there,

Again, i repeat just you can decide on these. Good luck.
Re: Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by gravity: 7:04am On Aug 22, 2008
hey

its definitely better to start once career in kpmg than zenith. In kpmg u will be highly exposed to the financial world and u will have an indepth understanding of the whole financial process. the job is more challenging and in no mean time, u would have garnered enuf on the job and professional training. it also gives u the room for serious professional development. i bet u, if u join kpmg and after some yrs u decide to make a career move and go back to the same zenith, u ll find out that u ll b the boss of those bosses of urs that are about 3 steps higher than u are @ the moment.

but just have it at the back of ur mind that u are gonna work ur ass out. i definitely wuld recommend kpmg any day.

1 Like

Re: Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by equioxyluv: 2:54am On Aug 23, 2008
thank u all 4 d advise. I wud really like 2 work wit KPMG but d only thing that discourages me is their Pay, Besides i wud like to sponsor my Masters Abroad in Engineerng ,
Re: Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by innomacity: 11:49am On Aug 23, 2008
hi
being enjoying the conversation?
How much is kpmg's pay first b4 i contribute?
Re: Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by cooldudeng(m): 12:47pm On Aug 23, 2008
I suggest you make this decisoin yourself, believe me you are not alone. Am faced with the same opportunity too but i think am sticking with Zenith. The pay wasn't what i expected from KPMG when i was writing the test back in school. IF you want to stick to the financial world, i suggested you move to KPMG but like you said you want to be able to finance your masters in Engineering, means that you are not even planning on sticking to the financial world so i'D advice you stay with zenith for the time being. After you don become EA, things go begin look up and after JO don stone you PS like twice, my bro funding that  masters go be piece of cake, but that's if the money never blind u o!
Re: Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by Kold(m): 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2008
@ innomacity
KPMG pays 1.7m per annum. Besides u have free lunch daily and medical bill of about 200k per annum. KPMG induction starts on 31st till 12th Sept at a location in Ajah. To me, better to work to learn then work to earn.

1 Like

Re: Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by jidadex(m): 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2008
@EQUIOXYLUV,

I left Zenith as an EA in IC&A last November for KPMG after 9 months post NYSC in Zenith and i joined KPMG on 2nd level. Even though my take home pay in KPMG is less than what i take home in Zenith, i tell you KPMG is the best place to start a career. I work in Advisory in KPMG and i would be promoted to 3rd level by early October. Besides, there should be a pay review in October. KPMG remains the highest paid among the Big 4 firms.

The good thing about KPMG is that promotion is evry 12 months unlike Zenith that promotes every 18 months or more with the long hierarchy. In KPMG, you make Manager within 5 - 6 years. If u make an exceptional performance rating, you'ld get a double promotion. Infact i have a colleague that was 2 sets my Senior in school, he would e a MAnager come October 1. You move to 5 levels before Manager in KPMG evry 12 months.

Another good thing is that you get to work with different projects with different clients. You meet people, you about learn diverse processes and practices in different industries and companies.  KPMG will also sponsor you for MBA at Lagos Business School after 5 years.

A KPMG on your CV is a passport to becoming a potential MD, CFO, ED of a top company. Most of KPMG alumni are MDs, EDs, CFOs, DMDs, VPs, COOs, Group Heads in Top Nigerian companies today. And come to think of it, people leave KPMG after 3/4/5 years to become Managers in Investment Banks/Multinationals/Banks/Telecomms. If after my 2 years of joining KPMG, i want to go to an oil company, i would be offered about 15m in a Mobil/Total or a Chevron while my colleagues in Zenith will still be earning about 4.5/annum. I know someone who is leaving KPMG for an investment bank offering him total pack of 25m/annum.

SO THE BEST IS KPPPPPPPPPPPPPPMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG  oooooooooooooooooo

4 Likes

Re: Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by innomacity: 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2008
cheesy cheesy

@jidadex
thanks for the exposeee,
3 gbosa s 4 u!
Kpmg is indeed a great place to start a career regardless of discipline!
show more love: w wold need kpmg interview tips for the various stages!
tanx
Re: Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by kolaladeb(m): 11:34am On Aug 29, 2008
if u are ready to make careers in Accounting fine Audit firm (kpmg ) is the best place for u ,
u will get the experience there , get qualified and after 3/4/5 years u are hot cake in the banking industry.
but for you to study msc in engineering that means u dont want to build career in audit and accounting , then why are u wasting ur time going go kpmg,
think of it guy
all the best
tayo AKINTOLA WILLIAMS DELOITTE
Re: Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by olubunmi80: 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2008
hi nairalanders, plz i wrote lpmg test in july and got the result same day and i passed the test and was told to submit my cv for interview and i have been waiting for that interview since then. is anything wrong> plz i need ur advice on what to do. should i contact them? thanks
Re: Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by adesamtuns: 11:06am On Mar 21, 2018
Wow. This is an eye opener
Re: Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by excellence235: 3:32pm On May 13, 2018
jidadex:
@EQUIOXYLUV,

I left Zenith as an EA in IC&A last November for KPMG after 9 months post NYSC in Zenith and i joined KPMG on 2nd level. Even though my take home pay in KPMG is less than what i take home in Zenith, i tell you KPMG is the best place to start a career. I work in Advisory in KPMG and i would be promoted to 3rd level by early October. Besides, there should be a pay review in October. KPMG remains the highest paid among the Big 4 firms.

The good thing about KPMG is that promotion is evry 12 months unlike Zenith that promotes every 18 months or more with the long hierarchy. In KPMG, you make Manager within 5 - 6 years. If u make an exceptional performance rating, you'ld get a double promotion. Infact i have a colleague that was 2 sets my Senior in school, he would e a MAnager come October 1. You move to 5 levels before Manager in KPMG evry 12 months.

Another good thing is that you get to work with different projects with different clients. You meet people, you about learn diverse processes and practices in different industries and companies.  KPMG will also sponsor you for MBA at Lagos Business School after 5 years.

A KPMG on your CV is a passport to becoming a potential MD, CFO, ED of a top company. Most of KPMG alumni are MDs, EDs, CFOs, DMDs, VPs, COOs, Group Heads in Top Nigerian companies today. And come to think of it, people leave KPMG after 3/4/5 years to become Managers in Investment Banks/Multinationals/Banks/Telecomms. If after my 2 years of joining KPMG, i want to go to an oil company, i would be offered about 15m in a Mobil/Total or a Chevron while my colleagues in Zenith will still be earning about 4.5/annum. I know someone who is leaving KPMG for an investment bank offering him total pack of 25m/annum.

SO THE BEST IS KPPPPPPPPPPPPPPMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG  oooooooooooooooooo

Hi jidadex. Please I will like to ask you some questions about KPMG if you don't mind.

My email is kayjuu@gmail.com. Hoping to hear from you
Re: Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by martobi: 10:26am On Nov 10, 2018
Re: Kpmg Or Zenith Bank by fedrick901(m): 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2019

(1) (Reply)

King Amachree African University Calling!!! / Fidelity Bank Digital Lab Trainees / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2018/2019- 10,000 Teachers To Be Recruited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.