Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq (3640 Views)

Ex-Enyimba Goalkeeper, Chinedu Agwu Dies / David Oniya Collapses On The Pitch And Dies In Malaysia / Sam Ibiam Nigeria's First Goalkeeper (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq by Saintjoe(m): 8:47pm On Sep 04, 2005
What A Tragedy - Sam Okoye is dead!!

Have you guys heard that Sam Okoye the Ex Super Eagles first choice keepper, and Enyimba goal keeper is dead? It is a pity! embarassed cry
Re: Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq by queen2(f): 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2005
I don't know him... but aww its a pity
May his soul rest in perfect peace  sad sad cry
Re: Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq by caliber(m): 9:20pm On Sep 04, 2005
yeah its sad ..but what killed him?
Re: Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq by WesleyanA(f): 9:26pm On Sep 04, 2005
awwwwwwww that's sad. sad

does anyone have his picture? what does he look like?
Re: Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq by Seun(m): 9:51pm On Sep 04, 2005
"Former youth international goalkeeper Sam Okoye has died in Iraq, where he had gone on trials. Okoye’s friend, Tonex Chukwu told KICK OFF that the 25-year-old former Rangers goalie died after being ill for four days."

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/sports/2005/sep/02/sports-02-09-2005-004.htm

"Former Rangers of Enugu goaltender and Enyimba of Aba second choice keeper, Sam Okoye is dead.
Daily Independent learnt from officials of the Aba side that Okoye slumped while on trial with an unnamed Iraqi club side."
http://www.independentng.com/sports/snsep010501.htm

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq by Justmoi(f): 3:34am On Sep 05, 2005
cry May his soul Rest in Peace.
Re: Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq by hotangel2(f): 4:08am On Sep 05, 2005
What was he looking for in iraq?? May his sould rest in peace.. he's a young guy.. awwwwwwww. cry cry cry
Re: Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq by Seye(m): 8:48am On Sep 05, 2005
He must be looking for Greener pasture in Iraq. May His Soul rest in Peace
Re: Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq by angelak(f): 10:28am On Sep 05, 2005
My God this is not something i like to hear. A guy of 25 years? May his soul rest in perfect peace and may God almighty give his family the ability to bear the huge lost.
Re: Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq by Saintjoe(m): 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2005
It's a pitty. cry
but what suprises me most is that i swa this guy in action in the match against enyimba dolphin this year but how sad now i heard his dead sad. The ranger team manager said that he will get to the root of this that despite the fact that he doesn't play in rangers again that they still like him cos he is very loyal, humble and obident.
may his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq by amb962(m): 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2005
wat a pity. its so saddening losing such a promising young man.
I pray the good lord, 2 give the family the fortitude 2 bear the irreparable loss. Amen
Re: Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq by kelvin(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2005
Just when I was starting to get interested in our local football. May his soul rest in peace
Re: Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq by Saintjoe(m): 7:10pm On Sep 06, 2005
but am still wandering, what did the young man went to iraq for, Nigeria is better than iraq, he should still remain in Nigeria and still enjoy the small money he gets from the Globacom premier league. That is what kills most of our nigerian players always desperate to play abroad yet they don't get anything from there, look at Vincent Eyeanma wasting his time in isreal, after signing his contrac with them he wasnt to cancel it now, but it is not possible, he still have to stay there for more three years. I think God used this as an example for them, but i think the club that sam okoye went to trial for has a hand in his death
Think of it u guys
Re: Sam Okoye, Enyimba Goalkeeper, Dies in Iraq by ayobase(m): 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2008
me I go talk
Me I go speak my mind,

(1) (Reply)

Venezuelan TV Presenter Strips Naked During Report On Cristiano Ronaldo / Week 38 Pool Result For Sat 23, Mar 2024 / Who Is The Greatest Player To Ever Grace African Football: Weah Or Eto'o?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.