Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

How To Connect An Html Form 2 Databases - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Connect An Html Form 2 Databases (2619 Views)

[Help Request] Teach Me How To Design Databases. / Synchronize Tow Mysql Databases (remote And Local) / Pls Need Help With Vb6 And Databases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Connect An Html Form 2 Databases by rintio(m): 4:21pm On Aug 22, 2008
I need sum1 to put through in conecting an HTML form page to either MySQL / SQL Server 2000.
for Querying database table details
Re: How To Connect An Html Form 2 Databases by tomX1(m): 6:46pm On Aug 22, 2008
Why not get a book on php, asp (or whatever your prefered sever scripting language is).
Most books of such cover the subject very well.
Re: How To Connect An Html Form 2 Databases by rintio(m): 3:34pm On Aug 25, 2008
tomX do you have any site that i can download the tutorial from.
Re: How To Connect An Html Form 2 Databases by Bossman(m): 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2008
You can also google for Java servlets and JSP. You should see several examples that show how to connect a form in your JSP/HTML to a database using servlets as the middle layer/controller.
Re: How To Connect An Html Form 2 Databases by ThePhantom(m): 6:18pm On Aug 25, 2008
Re: How To Connect An Html Form 2 Databases by Mustay(m): 10:47am On Aug 26, 2008
You can use php mysql
Re: How To Connect An Html Form 2 Databases by ade2kay(m): 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2008
Bossman:

You can also google for Java servlets and JSP. You should see several examples that show how to connect a form in your JSP/HTML to a database using servlets as the middle layer/controller.

HA! Bros, u wan kill am ?
Person wey never even sabi HTML finish, you dey suggest Java,
im head go kolo fast fast.

grin grin grin
Re: How To Connect An Html Form 2 Databases by Mustay(m): 1:59pm On Aug 26, 2008
the guy never mentioned that he doesn't know how to use HTML abi?
Re: How To Connect An Html Form 2 Databases by emmys: 1:56pm On Aug 29, 2008
To start with, what web editing software are you using? this will enable me to show you some materials based on your question. Also, what database application do you intend to use or are using?
Re: How To Connect An Html Form 2 Databases by rintio(m): 4:56am On Sep 04, 2008
I know the in and out of HTML.

Am using HTML language and DreamWaver for my Form Page to save me much time and SQL Server 2000 for my database.
Re: How To Connect An Html Form 2 Databases by carliecode(m): 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2008
well if u are using sql server 2000. all u need is to specify a connectionstring that points to the server instance on which your database is installed. however, u will need to take an extra care in doing so because of the authentication mode support and restrictions of sql server installations. i advise u create an sql login account within sql server so that u can explicitly specify a sql account and password in your connection string.
if u still prefer to use windows authentication then be cautious that depending on the type of windows os u are using, there is always a specific windows  account that can access sqlserver via the web eb network service account,  hey if u are a newbie, just use a sql account. most people use sa account but its an unprofessional option.

but wait first, which web tech are u using,  asp.net or php or jsp.  I could be of a gr8 help if yr technology is microsoft based! not to worry too, no charges,  lol
Re: How To Connect An Html Form 2 Databases by rintio(m): 12:35am On Sep 10, 2008
Do noht forget that am only using either Dreamweaver or Ordinary HTML to create the Form Page.

you are talking of using sql server authentication which means am going to use java programming language to connect my my program with the database, to connect my java appication to the database is not my problem, but to an Ordinary HTML page to the database.

assume this is ur form page
<html>
<head><title>Form Page</title></head>
<body>
<form name ="form" action = "" method = "post">
<table align = "center" border = 0 cellspacing = 2 cellpadding = 2 width = 350 bgcolor ="#ccffcc">
<tr><th colspan = 2>Information Required</th></tr>
<tr><td>First Name:</td><td><input type = "text" size = "15"></td></tr>
<tr><td>Last Name:</td><td><input type = "text" size = "15"></td></tr>
<tr><td align = right><input type = "submit" value = "Submit"></td><td align = left><input type = "reset" value = "Reset"></td></tr>
</table>
</form>
</body>
</html>

also how will you connection the information pass to the form into your database,
after creating the database and table into your SQL Server program.
Thanks for staying with me.

(1) (Reply)

Please, What Is Web Topography? / What Platform Do You Use For Web Development / Devs How Are You Guys Making Money???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.