Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

New Site - SphinxConsortium - For Critique And Comments - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / New Site - SphinxConsortium - For Critique And Comments (922 Views)

This Website Is Up For Critique / Great New Site For Young Nigerians Www.ovaloaded.com / Just designed a new site..... critique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Site - SphinxConsortium - For Critique And Comments by damseremie(m): 12:21pm On Jun 27, 2006
Just created a new site for a budding architectural firm. Would like critique and comments. I wanted to keep it simple and was in kind of a rush. www.sphinxconsortium.com
Re: New Site - SphinxConsortium - For Critique And Comments by Seun(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2006
It's functional, but not impressive. You might want to work on aesthetics of the site. This means changing the colors, etc. by trial and error to end up with the most visually pleasing result. That's why I don't design sites; good luck!
Re: New Site - SphinxConsortium - For Critique And Comments by lamy: 5:34pm On Jun 27, 2006
Your color theme is not bad, but the shades are not alright. The graphics can be better.
Re: New Site - SphinxConsortium - For Critique And Comments by my2cents(m): 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2006
1) Reduce size of header flash, if not remove altogether. Also, image doesn't span content area and looks "broken"

2) The site's design is oh so simple, yet oh so heavy - 47.6 seconds on a 56K modem. Recommended time for such modems is 8 - 10 seconds

3) Put in a photo of the team members, at the very least, management

4) I am a proponent of keeping it super simple (KISS), but considering your clients, the site looks way too simple.

If I were to grade u, I would give you 4/10 at the most. Nothing personal. Functionality is there, but you want a site that will make we want to come back over and over again, even if it is just to admire the design or have my buddies admire the design as well ("Hey, u don c dat cool website? Nna man, dem try o!"wink
Re: New Site - SphinxConsortium - For Critique And Comments by Farriel(m): 10:42am On Jun 28, 2006
Yeah. If for just that alone.
Re: New Site - SphinxConsortium - For Critique And Comments by damseremie(m): 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2006
Thanks for all tha advice. i will definately reduce or remove the flash header and work on the graphics(as much as i can). I'll work on it and upload the corrections on monday. . Will hope for more comments then. Thanks all

(1) (Reply)

Website Review / Bandwidth Speed Monitor / Automatically Submit Your Articles To The Article Directory Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.