Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,857 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Should Africa Still Participate In The World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Africa Still Participate In The World Cup (1108 Views)

Nigerian Team Departs To Participate In Special Olympic Games / Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier / World Cup 2010 - Should Africa Be Allowed 5 Teams In 2014? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Africa Still Participate In The World Cup by okewole(m): 6:23pm On Jun 27, 2006
Its seems to me dt African team are not really welcome to play in the world cup.Every match we played,we are always playing against the refree (Brasil Vs Ghana) which should not be so.
I think its high time we told FIFA dt we are not intrested in their world cup.
Re: Should Africa Still Participate In The World Cup by Eastcoast(f): 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2006
it is obviously racism. i have been watching the matches on ESPN and even the commentators makes mention of racism. Every lil fall, the referee gives yellow cards while when the white folks trip us, they call foul, sometimes, they don't even make any call. The referees also don't call offside. Brasils second goal against ghana was offside but the referees allowed it. it is just terrible. Look at what spains coach said about france Henry. he said all sort of racial slurs while motivating his players. the issue was brought up again and he was like "don't even talk about it". it is just sad. i do agree with you. Africa has been playing against the referees.
Re: Should Africa Still Participate In The World Cup by Free(f): 9:41pm On Jun 27, 2006
awww gurl i know rite
there is some racism in this sport
cause them refs be ruling against us on some
unneccessary staff, its not fair!!!!!
if you watch the ghana vs usa match the second half
was horrible,
Re: Should Africa Still Participate In The World Cup by Hunter(m): 3:58am On Jun 28, 2006
the ref's in general have been pretty crap. I don't think that many people would wake up in the morning and go "I really hate people from ghana today, lets make them lose"
Re: Should Africa Still Participate In The World Cup by shotta(m): 4:02am On Jun 28, 2006
in the first half of the ghana vs brazil match the ref was pulling out yellow cards like there was no end
i was really pissed but ghana still played a good match
even though they lost, im still proud of them cause they played a good match
Re: Should Africa Still Participate In The World Cup by rotex(m): 8:31am On Jun 28, 2006
Somebody should pls let me know if truly its possible for CAF on behalf of africa ask FIFA to excuse africa from the next world cup that wil be hosted outside africa cous at least we are hosting the next episode.
Re: Should Africa Still Participate In The World Cup by otokx(m): 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2006
I think the method of selecting africa's representatives to the world cup be changed.
Re: Should Africa Still Participate In The World Cup by Priscila(f): 12:12pm On Jun 29, 2006
Which kind of question is that? without Africans it wont be worldcup

Ghana have shown we have talent in Africa and I want new teams and countires like Uganda, Namibia,Gambia,Kenya,congo and other to appear in 2010.
Re: Should Africa Still Participate In The World Cup by Skidoc(m): 12:18pm On Jun 29, 2006
okewole:

Its seems to me dt African team are not really welcome to play in the world cup.Every match we played,we are always playing against the refree (Brasil Vs Ghana) which should not be so.
I think its high time we told FIFA dt we are not intrested in their world cup.

When the referee favoured Ghana against USA in the first round, you did not complain. Now the tables turned against the same Ghana, you are complaining. sad

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea And The "looming" Quadruple / Watch Ghana 2008 / World Football Stars' 10 Craziest Off-pitch Incidents This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.