Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? (2997 Views)

Nigerian Girl Traditionally Weds British Lover In Her Village (photos) / American Born Nigerian Woman Dating And Possibly Marrying African American Man / African American Woman Dating American-born Nigerian Man--can It Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by britgirlee(f): 7:55am On Aug 25, 2008
Do you think there is a difference? just to give examples:

General appearance
attitude
relationships
cookery skills

etc etc etc

This is an open debate your view please,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 25, 2008
My Gawd!!! shocked
I swear, i could not decipher
all that ^^

Breath in, hold it, now breath out SLOWLY.
How do u feel?
Good!!
Now tell us what u had in mind.
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by britgirlee(f): 10:25am On Aug 25, 2008
I'm laughing, but its quite clear though sis, in short do u see difference between the two,,,but yes its off my chest grin

1 Like

Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 25, 2008
Lawd av mercy sad

1 Like

Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by britgirlee(f): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2008
whats your point?? perplexed at your comments?? but if your not Happy then you can always comment on another site, mine is open to positive views, wink

1 Like

Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2008
Honestly, i don't understand u.
Could u rephrase ur original post?
I'm positively inclined to give u my views.
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by britgirlee(f): 10:56am On Aug 25, 2008
fntekim:

Honestly, i don't understand u.
Could u rephrase your original post?
I'm positively inclined to give u my views.
[/quot

made some changes wink but the topic stays the same, hope you Can comment positively , but if not maybe a nother time

1 Like

Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 25, 2008
britgirlee:

My Gosh!!! what has prompted me to write this is the experiences i have perceived over here.

So whats the difference in my eyes NOTHING nut to my sisters there seems to be a major deal.
a couple of examples below:
I was at a party with friends invited by handsome Naija boy. i must say, everything was fine until I over heard a conversation in Yoruba in the Ladies with some girls slating me my friends "can you imagine oyinbo" I'm black by the way i don't spk yoruba but i DO understand it i have no idea what u mean here

or the deep devil looks when you innocently go about your business, kissing of teeth, dammmm

as for me I'm confident self assured solvent and Happy with my self, yes born bred here not a crime but im Nigerian. loving that i am.

What are your thoughts? do you thin there is a devide
have you experienced the same? or vice versa?

I personally think, we should all unite but is that possible,

A Nigerian born in naija(hereinafter referred to as ''the accused'') and a Nigerian born in London(hereinafter referred to as ''the plaintiff'').

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by britgirlee(f): 11:37am On Aug 25, 2008
your too much, mr

i dont speak yoruba, but understnd it when spken whts so difficult to understnd angry

ps ur comments are noted thnks, enjoy the other forums, but i think my blogs are to complicted for you

2 Likes

Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by Outstrip(f): 2:06am On Aug 26, 2008
I don't know why people are 'acting' like they do not understand what she is driving at. What is the difference really? A Nigerian born outside nigeria but raised in nigeria and then there are the one's born in nigeria but raised abroad and still some born and raised abroad that yes understand their mother tongue and the culture but do not really identify with other nigerians because face it alot of nigerians see them as americans or british or wherever they grew up. There are also people like me born in nigeria, raised in nigeria for the most part, do not speak my language but understand it. Who is to say who is more nigerian than who?
Bottom line, be happy with yourself and let those who want to lose sleep about what you should be labeled as lose sleep. We are all brothers and sisters

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by Nobody: 2:25am On Aug 26, 2008
Hisssssssssssssss

1 Like

Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by Chukwemeka: 3:47pm On Aug 26, 2008
Well it seems like Birtgirlee you have brushed it off. Dont mind those idiots, they are obviously jealous of your confidence and the way you carry yourself. The main point is you know who you are.

1 Like

Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by OBJ3(m): 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2008
fntekim grin grin grin grin grin grin

accused vs plaintiff grin
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by britgirlee(f): 8:37pm On Aug 26, 2008
Chukwemeka:

Well it seems like Birtgirlee you have brushed it off. Dont mind those idiots, they are obviously jealous of your confidence and the way you carry yorself. The main point is you know who you are.
a
I am , thankyou for your comments , its like water off a ducks back for me , just seive out the cruf from the ruff grin grin
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by iice(f): 6:42am On Aug 27, 2008
Yes there is a difference.
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by 2Legit: 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2008
Yes. Plenty of differences if she is British bred

1 Like

Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by birdman(m): 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2008
obviously there is a difference. should it matter? i dont think so. but you know how girls can be wink

by the way, britgirlee, you style of writing is hard to understand. had to read that twice

1 Like

Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by britgirlee(f): 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2008
birdman:

obviously there is a difference. should it matter? i don't think so. but you know how girls can be wink

by the way, britgirlee, you style of writing is hard to understand. had to read that twice

cool i hear you, simplify things in my next topic of debate thnx birdman

1 Like

Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by vivaladiva(f): 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2008
I WAS BORN IN ENGLAND, WENT BACK TO NIGERIA, COME BACK TO ENGLAND AT 17, I IDENTIFY MORE WITH PEOPLE IN MY SIMILAR SITUATION, I FIND THE NIGERIANS BORN AND REAISED HER A BIT TOO DILLUTED FOR MY LIKING AND THE ONES FRESH OFF THE BOAT WITH A HOLIDAY VISA, A BIT TOO CONCENTRATED FOR MY LIKING.
YES THERE IS A DIFFERENCE
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by SeanT21(f): 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2008
@ OP

I can not understand what the hell you wrote.
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2008
Hmm, Fox.

I understand the topic title, but the rest, well pretty complex to fathom. undecided
Didn't really tie in with the title.

But, in answer to the topic title, yes, there is a difference, between British-born Nigerian girls, and Nigerian girls born in Nigeria.

I'd venture to say, the way you worded your opening post is one of the many differences. undecided
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by chiogo(f): 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2008
@poster, yeah, it is kind@ hard to understand your first post due to "grammatical errors". (you probably rushed thru the post) undecided

Although I get what you're asking but I'm sure you can go back and edit them for those who do not by clicking the "modify" button.

@topic, yeah, there should be a difference just like a Nigerian born in the states would be different from the Nigerian born in Nigeria.

some differences:

*accent
*dress sense(it differs though)
*attitude/way of life

The Nigerian born in America is more or less an American which is different from a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by Sagamite(m): 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2008
britgirlee:

My Gosh!!! whats prompted me to write this is th experiences i have perceived over here??

So whats the difference in my eyes NOTHING nut to my sisters there seems to be a major deal.
a couple of examples below:

I was at a party with friends invited by beautiful Niger boy i must say, every thing was fine until I over heard a conversation in Yoruba in the Ladies with some girls slating me my friends "can you imagine oyinbo" I'm black by the way i don't spk yoruba but i DO understand it

or the deep devil looks when you innocently go about your business, kissing of teeth, dammmm

as for me I'm confident self assured solvent and Happy with my self, yes born bred here not a crime but im Nigerian. loving that i am.

What are your thoughts? do you thin there is a devide
have you experienced the same? or vice versa?

I personally think, we should all unite but is that possible,

Girl, I don't know how old you are but I have to tell you this is plain pathetic.

Your writing in English or any other form is purely pathetic and someone needs to make you aware of it.

You need to brush up on your writing ASAP. It appears you struggle to string up 3 sentences that makes sense after completion.

Careful analysis suggest to me that your lack of writing ability is not due to simple mistakes but due instead to inability to understand the grammatical structure of the English language. Despite repeated notifications by others you still don't get it.

YOU NEED TO BRUSH UP ON YOUR ENGLISH WRITING!

You don't even use comma's when required and when you do use it, you use it where a full stop would have been more appropraite.
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by britgirlee(f): 10:52pm On Aug 28, 2008
chiogo:

@poster, yeah, it is kind@ hard to understand your first post due to "grammatical errors". (you probably rushed through the post) undecided

Although I get what you're asking but I'm sure you can go back and edit them for those who do not by clicking the "modify" button.

@topic, yeah, there should be a difference just like a Nigerian born in the states would be different from the Nigerian born in Nigeria.

some differences:

*accent
*dress sense(it differs though)
*attitude/way of life

The Nigerian born in America is more or less an American which is different from a Nigeria

yep i rushed through the write up, hence the errors but no biggie, thanks for your input , britgirlee
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 29, 2008
DID u really mean to say cookery skill or culinary skill?
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by Ibime(m): 10:15am On Aug 29, 2008
Every individual is different. There are British born Nigerians with perfect manners and Nigerian born with no manners - and vice versa. It all depends on the girls upbringing and individual choices. I know many Nigerian girls that turn ashawo soon as dem land for jand.
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by dudubobo1: 10:30am On Aug 29, 2008
There are sure to be differences having been brought up in different backgraounds and societies.

One other difference may be that they'll probably spell DIFFERENCE properly is they are educated grin
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by britgirlee(f): 9:50pm On Aug 30, 2008
dudu-bobo:

There are sure to be differences having been brought up in different backgraounds and societies.

One other difference may be that they'll probably spell DIFFERENCE properly is they are educated grin

very educated, thankyou for your input very enlighting to the topic header
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by oreindia: 4:52pm On May 09, 2013
for britgirlie

Interesting, and sorry to hear that. I just recently posted something asking how life would be for a mixed nigerian brit and I got a racist comment back. Now that you say they basically call you whitey and you're black has just confirmed to me that I would deffo have to put up with racist bs from people out there. as if I don't get enough from whites over here its disappointing to know that If I was to live in my family's home country this is the kind of thing I would have to deal with and probably worse.
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 11, 2013
@ Ori india, oh please you are not the first half cast(bi-racial if you prefer) girl on the block. No one is going to hate you based on that. Your personality is all that matters.

@OP the only difference I noticed from British raised Nigerians is that they are not aggressive and tend to be calm in scuffles. I have worked with such people before and they were well respected by all due to their calm nature. They do not engage in noisy argument like some Nigerians and they have better manners than American raised Nigerians. Their dress sense is a little reserved (I find it funny at times)

Not once did I see anyone pick up quarrel or insult the british raised Nigerians in my work place.

Perhaps your personality is the reason for the reactions you get.
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by Nobody: 1:02am On May 12, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: British Born Nigerian Girl & The Nigerian Born Girl Is There A Differance? by tpia5: 1:27am On May 12, 2013
british born nigerians actually adapt better in nigeria than the american borns/raised, imo.

maybe there isnt as much overall culture shock perhaps.

the americans tend to stick out like a sore thumb.

my observation could be wrong though, but i think the british borns are more reserved when in nigeria, compared to the americans who tend to be more social/louder.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking: 25 Year Old Yoruba Girl Explains Why She Became A White Nationalist / Why Do People Discriminate Ogoni People / Please It Is Nana Of Itshekiri Not Olu Of Warri.This Fraud Should Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.