Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work (2448 Views)

What Next After NYSC NIM Induction? / Why Do Corpers Lack Employment After NYSC? / Why Do Females Get Job Faster Than The Males After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by henryphyol(m): 11:39am On Jun 28, 2006
My fellow people i would be concluding my NYSC in August what next? Is there hope for us despite the fact that a lot of people are still without jobs. Tell me if you have the opportunity to travel abroad and do your masters(well the money is not available) and staying back in Nigeria looking for a job. Which will you choose please help a brother,
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by edygirl(f): 12:10pm On Jun 28, 2006
Abeg travel oo. Unless you want to waste your brain like others who have graduated with good results that are still jobless.
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by henryphyol(m): 1:12pm On Jun 28, 2006
Thx eddygirl another issue is that where will i get 7,000 pounds to go to school itś impossible to get that kind of money. A friend of mine was in 9ja two years after graduation no jab he travelled to the UK suddenly Oceanic called him for interview! imagine!!!
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by edygirl(f): 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2006
wow I feel you tho, 7000 pounds no be small money but how about loan?
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by Flakynaz: 11:39am On Jun 29, 2006
1 thing i always tell people and will say same 2 u is if u cant explore ur soil(Nigeria) so to say, and make it how do you intend to make it out there where its going 2 be tougher as a result of (not being a citizen and all those shit).Besides i dont know what and how much you believe in yourself cos u avnt even taken a step into something and you have given up.To succeed in life you must be a FIGHTER dont always try to seek a comfort zone if you want to make it in life.Though people say its hard pluunge into it, try it, go for it see how it works for you, ur first attempt might probably secure you a job.Y should you believe peoples report make out your own report.Finally TRY IT B4 JUDGING IT,DONT FOLLOW THE BANDWAGON, MAKE A RESOLUTION TO BE DIFFERENT AND WORK TOWARS IT.By this attitude u ll surely get there
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by Omonla(f): 8:49pm On Jun 29, 2006
I was inspired by reading your post, Flakynaz. Coming abroad is not easy; staying abroad isn't a breeze either, especially if you are not a citizen. But like you said, fighting (and I'll add - till God opens doors) is the answer  smiley
Henryphyol, congrats on NYSC o. If it was me and I didn't have a job offer waiting when I am done, but instead, there is a visa/opportunity to come abroad, I'd travel, even if for nothing more than to visit another country. And you never know what good things might happen when you are out of the comfort zone at home  smiley

1 Like

Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by Hotstepper(f): 4:02am On Jun 30, 2006
that most people are without job or that your friend stayed with a job 2 yrs doesn;t mean u can't get a job in sept, pray gurl, datz da key
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by diddy4(m): 4:51am On Jun 30, 2006
i think im gon go with hotstepper in this one. there aint nothing God cant do. call on HIm and you have got yourself a job. its all about faith. goodluck in all your endeavors.
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by henryphyol(m): 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2006
Thanks flaky and all ya all i must tell you the truth i am passionate about Nigeria my dream is to make it in this country. Let me tell you the truth despite the fact that am serving am still working earning 25k plus my allawee but for how long  interviews are conducted these days will i be patient enough?
Am tired of struggling who knows my breaktheough might be in another man's country. I market international calling cards and i work as hard as those in the bank but am paid a misery 25k plus trekking and slapping long distances while my MD and ED jet round the world having nice time,  well i am ready to take my chances but am still applying for jobs if any job worth my while shows up i will suspend my trip if not am checking out!
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by diddy4(m): 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2006
goodluck man. do your thang.
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by Mystique(f): 11:03am On Jul 07, 2006
@ Edygirl:

Not everyone who decides to stay back in Naija is wasting their brains, there are tons of lucrative jobs here, it all boils down to choices. smiley
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by edygirl(f): 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2006
Ok mrs know all. I got ya.
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by Mystique(f): 9:28am On Jul 17, 2006
smiley smiley undecided
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by dremoney(m): 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2007
hmmn,
it actually depends on where ur luck is.
its either u make it in nigeria or outside d soil.
wat u really need is to discover urself and determine where wuld b appropriate 4 u.
London no gud but pple dey jand evriday!!!
yankee no gud n pple dey sleep dere embassy in thousands.
Naija no gud n guyz/ladies live large wit d jobs they have at hand(including jettin to anywhere in d world 4 vacation).

Soo,seek God and set ur priorities .
Wish u luck.
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by fawwyb(m): 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2007
well, i supposed to be in nigeria douing my NYSc by now but i left nigeria while serving for my masters programme. I think is better to cut out of naija though not easy! Still coming back anyway just don't wanna waste what i gained in my 1st degree by looking for job.
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by MT: 9:18pm On Jul 13, 2007
Think well b4 venturing to coming abroad. Ask yourself some salient questions :

Are u a citizen ?( Mind u beinga citizen doesnt translate to u making it here, it will just provide some soft landing eg GIRO in Uk)

Do u have  a permit to work ?

Are your pple or associates that are willing to help u here ?( Remember some pple will switch off their fones immediately u r touching the airport )

and so many questions.

I agree it is tough in Nigeria, but remember it MAY be tougher here when things aint going as planned

All the best!
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by wealthygee: 4:10am On Jul 14, 2007
look my mum was a branch manager at one of the first generation banks but was told to go because they they could nt fit into their new branding exercise but she told me something that shocked me she is making more money in retirement,so i started an adventure to make legal money online and boy i challenge anyone to come along six months and we will see mail me if you are up to the challenge wealthy_gee@yahoo.com
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by naijabands(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2007
Well for me, none is an option; I aint going nowhere (not on a permanent basis that is), and I aint working for NOBODY! I am striking it out on my own!!! shocked

I do understand that it sounds crazy for any corper to make up his mind so rigidly tongue, but I am of the opinion that a salaried position is some form of imprisonment that once you get in, it is really difficult to get out, and couple that with the fact that the average young man's dream contains an element of facing 'JD' or 'Yankee' on a permanent basis, with no consideration for the possiblities of making great legit tax-free winkmoney here.

I probably feel this way because I have had the opportunity of living in the Western world before, and everyone around here seems to have adapted the mantra that there is no hope, BUT I speak with faith that this country GO BETTER!

No matter what yo do, or how you do it, you are going to forever remain a second class citizen in another man's land.

Home is HOME! grin
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by dremoney(m): 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2007
naijabands:

Well for me, none is an option; I aint going nowhere (not on a permanent basis that is), and I aint working for NOBODY! I am striking it out on my own!!! shocked

I do understand that it sounds crazy for any corper to make up his mind so rigidly tongue, but I am of the opinion that a salaried position is some form of imprisonment that once you get in, it is really difficult to get out, and couple that with the fact that the average young man's dream contains an element of facing 'JD' or 'Yankee' on a permanent basis, with no consideration for the possiblities of making great legit tax-free winkmoney here.

I probably feel this way because I have had the opportunity of living in the Western world before, and everyone around here seems to have adapted the mantra that there is no hope, BUT I speak with faith that this country GO BETTER!

No matter what yo do, or how you do it, you are going to forever remain a second class citizen in another man's land.

Home is HOME! grin

yo man,i appreciate ur courage and vision but try n learn not to run other pple's decision down,
staying in naija,jand or jankee is a very personal issue, it depends on where ur fate lies!!!
guys n gals go to uk n breaktru,likewise yankee 2 n beta stl,guys n babes in naija r doin great, its a matter of discovering urself n chuz nt to follow d crowd.
With God on my side,i can excel anywhere i find myself n dat applies xtremely to me, u ought to have urs 2.

my point,
whichever way it goes,
ur dream shud b able to guide u as to where u ought to b at a point in time.
Wish evrybodi Luck.
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by tkb417(m): 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2007
landers, this is another gud one. u can make it anywhere. i cringe when some people just write nonsence. does it mean everyone here is wasting his or her brains by staying in 9ja. FYI, i spent my service year doing stuffs in Uk and lo and behold imediately the service was over, i ran to 9ja to pick up a jab in a consulting firm.

When we visit the US in our firm for training we sleep in the best hotels abroad and even in this country while on assignments everywhere. Most of our friends abroad cannot afford this lailai. So, it depends, pray to God to help you. My friend just came back few months ago after his Msc in Sheffield and he is with FCMB now. We were at IFE 2geda b4. Foreign lands doesnt necessarily translate to immediate success.

Pray to God my brother.
Re: After Nysc Any Hope? Travel Abroad Or Look For Work by 2co: 3:07am On Aug 31, 2007
its ok. fellow nairalanders pls feed me on info about costom immigration jods. and how to go abroad via assylum

(1) (Reply)

Premobilization For NYSC 2018 Batch B Has Started!! / Where Is Our December Allowance (batch B Stream 1) / When Is The Next Batch Of Nysc In 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.