Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC (4413 Views)

Superman Soldier Spotted In North East Battle Ground / Corruption: List Of Obasanjo's Alleged Crimes / Shocking Corruption List: Citizen Reveals Tinubu’s Alleged Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by DeepZone: 10:35pm On Aug 26, 2008
[size=14pt]North-East tops corruption list, says ICPC[/size]
From Segun Awofadeji in Bauchi, 08.26.2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) has declared north east geo-political zone  as the zone with the highest rate of corruption complaints  on its desk.

Head of North-east zonal operation,  Mr.  Segun Sogunle, made the disclosure while addressing newsmen in Bauchi on campaign awareness rally sponsored by the United Nation Population Fund (UNPF) through the Anti Corruption Association of Nigeria,  Bauchi state chapter.

Sogunle explained that in the North-east geo-political zone,  Bauchi had the highest number of corruption  cases, adding that   those involved  included serving commissioners and former commissioners of both the previous administration and the government of the day.

He said, the aim of the rally was to educate and sensitize people on the menace of corruption in Nigeria, noting that corruption is worse  than armed robbery

According him, when the people are aware of the evil practices of corruption and the danger it is causing to Nigeria and the role each person would play towards eradicating corruption , then the menace would reduce drastically.

The president, Anti Corruption Association of Nigeria, Alhaji Saleh Garba, stated that war against corruption is a collective responsibility for all responsible Nigerian,  saying the task is not for the government alone to accomplish.

He said, the objective behind the rally was to empower the people to realise their potentials that at their level they can fight  corruption in Nigeria.

According to him, the association is funded by  the UNPF  in Nigeria, adding  that sensitization workshop for various categories  of political office holders and public servants has been scheduled with the sole aim of wiping corruption out in Nigeria

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/aug/26/212.html
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by DeepZone: 10:36pm On Aug 26, 2008
Breeze don blow and we don see fowl nyash. Where are the southerners that are supposedly corrupt?
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by RibaduFan(m): 10:42pm On Aug 26, 2008
Another bigot
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by PapaBrowne(m): 10:45pm On Aug 26, 2008
I thought the Arewa said the Niger Delta was the corrupt one. Now we can see the official results!
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by Ibime(m): 10:49pm On Aug 26, 2008
EFCC should stop producing results for different zones. It doesn't help National Unity at all.
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by DeepZone: 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2008
EFCC should stop producing results for different zones. It doesn't help National Unity at all.

How can you blame the EFCC when there are lots stereotypes going on from one section to another? It's better to clarify these issues, not that it'll go a long way in changing much. Do you remember Axis calling the Yorubas the most corrupt in Nigeria? Do you think he was just saying it for argument sake? He said it because that's what he hears people from the north saying on a regular basis. Why didn't you advise him that time to stop?
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by Queenisha: 11:59pm On Aug 26, 2008
DeepZone:

Breeze don blow and we don see fowl nyash. Where are the southerners that are supposedly corrupt?

Infact breeze don blow, we don sabi say Reverend father  wear boxers
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by TheSly: 12:06am On Aug 27, 2008
grin

Na wah ohh!

And one would think they are the saints. . . . . . .
So na true say fowl dey sweat. . . . . .Na feather no let us see am. grin
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by DeepZone: 12:07am On Aug 27, 2008
Infact breeze don blow, we don sabi say Reverend father wear boxers

I think say na G string dem dey wear sef?
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by MrCrackles(m): 8:55am On Aug 27, 2008
DeepZone:

I think say na G string them dey wear sef?

nope na schlong and pantalone! grin
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by hollandis(f): 9:05am On Aug 27, 2008
DeepZone:

North-East tops corruption list, says ICPC

Sogunle explained that in the North-east geo-political zone, Bauchi had the highest number of corruption cases, adding that those involved included serving commissioners and former commissioners of both the previous administration and the government of the day.
He said, the aim of the rally was to educate and sensitize people on the menace of corruption in Nigeria, noting that corruption is worse than armed robbery

According him, when the people are aware of the evil practices of corruption and the danger it is causing to Nigeria and the role each person would play towards eradicating corruption , then the menace would reduce drastically.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/aug/26/212.html

confused people !!!!!
Knowing fully well that the perpetrators are the government officials,what is the wisdom in sensitizing the public angry
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by winnag: 9:26am On Aug 27, 2008
Na bad belle dey disturb una sef. If they leave all the money with the niger delta, dem no go fight kill themselves finish? tongue
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by MCUsman(m): 10:51am On Aug 27, 2008
DeepZone:

Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC) has declared north east geo-political zone as the zone with the highest rate of corruption complaints on its desk.[color=#990000][/color]

@DEEPZONE So deep is your thirst for hatred against the North that you did not see the bolded area above. The article did not in any way rate the north east as the most corrupt zone but made specific insight as the zone with the highest complaints on his desk. This goes to show the level at which the masses are fighting corruption by reporting such incidence.

Cuba has the highest literacy level in world but that does not make them the most advance country. America & Israel military & security spending is second to none but when it come to lowest level of crime the scandivainia countries have one of the lowest crime rate in the world.

Ministers were sacked for bribery and other shady deals. Governors were impeached for self-enrichment and misappropriation of state funds. These ministers and governors cut across all zones with a large percentage from the south.
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by alex406(m): 11:07am On Aug 27, 2008
No na tight them dey weaR.
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by slyk2(m): 11:53am On Aug 27, 2008
madam start to punish them!
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by agaba123(m): 12:32pm On Aug 27, 2008
MC Usman:

Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (UPC) has declared north east Geo-political zone as the zone with the highest rate of corruption complaints on its desk.[color=#990000][/color]

@DEEPZONE So deep is your thirst for hatred against the North that you did not see the balded area above. The article did not in any way rate the north east as the most corrupt zone but made specific insight as the zone with the highest complaints on his desk. This goes to show the level at which the masses are fighting corruption by reporting such incidence.

Cuba has the highest literacy level in world but that does not make them the most advance country. America & Israel military & security spending is second to none but when it come to lowest level of crime the Scandinavia countries have one of the lowest crime rate in the world.

Ministers were sacked for bribery and other shady deals. Governors were impeached for self-enrichment and misappropriation of state funds. These ministers and governors cut across all zones with a large percentage from the south.

Yea I do not like you MC Usman because of your antecedents but I think I have the same view with you here. I read the article yesterday and would have been the first to post it here but then it is not anyway in my opinion saying that they are the most corrupt.
I think they should be emulated.
The north-east is report corruption, you can only compare them favourably if other regions are willing to report as they are willing to do. may be not, some will not report as long as their palms are greased. Suffice it to say that it takes a lot courage to report a crime. I will not forget anyway that someone who feels shortchanged can report a crime as well but to his own detriment
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by Epiphany(m): 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2008
ICPC has done a good job and we thank them. So insightful. So on target. Wonderful. Excellent
So, WHEN DO WE TACKLE THIS PROBLEM? Na the question be dat. We can continue blaming the north or east or south or west or whoever. We want solutions and not the finger-pointing that is going on.
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 27, 2008
All Nigerians are bastardly corrupt.

Shame on you all!!!!
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by ukukaegbu(m): 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2008
@ Nuzo
shame on who? Are u not a Nigerian? Shame on u too.
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2008
If e pain you, then you guys better cut down the way you go about your dirty lives.
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by carmelily: 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2008
This shows that north-easterners are bent on stamping out corruption and report corrupt officials. That's a leaf to borrow for the rest of us.
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by agaba123(m): 2:43pm On Aug 27, 2008
carmelily:

This shows that north-easterners are bent on stamping out corruption and report corrupt officials. That's a leaf to borrow for the rest of us.

Thanks girl
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by emmydee(m): 2:48pm On Aug 27, 2008
d entire north remains d most corrupt part of nigeria. because they eat from d FG's pocket, nothing else!
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by carmelily: 2:51pm On Aug 27, 2008
agaba123:

Thanks girl

anytime, dude cheesy
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by agaba123(m): 3:23pm On Aug 27, 2008
carmelily:

anytime, dude cheesy
cheesy
I wish the rest of us will learn to report corrupt practices and also distance ourselves from it.
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by bawomolo(m): 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2008
carmelily:

u have a point here. at least they aren't turning a backside to corruption
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by MCUsman(m): 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2008
agaba123:

Yea I do not like you MC Usman because of your antecedents

I am not really bother if a man does not like me, i only get buzzed when the opposite sex does.
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by Eziachi: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2008
Who cares were they comes from or who top the least, how many of them are in prison serving life sentences or they still governor, senators or minister walking about freely as if nothing happened.
Nigeria will always be a failed state doomed till next tomorrow.
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by agaba123(m): 3:59pm On Aug 27, 2008
MC Usman:

I am not really bother if a man does not like me, i only get buzzed when the opposite sex does.
even when you are married. I forgot sorry
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by MCUsman(m): 4:09pm On Aug 27, 2008
agaba123:

even when you are married. I forgot sorry

Read btw the line dude, am supposed to be liked by woman not a man. Get it. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by ehie007(m): 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2008
the issue is not identifying them, the problem is whether the ICPC wuld do anything about it,

there are so many politician thieves who are still walking on the streets of nigeria,

Bleep ICPC and EFCC they are not effective,
Re: North-East Tops Corruption List: Says ICPC by agaba123(m): 4:42pm On Aug 27, 2008
MC Usman:

Read between the line dude, am supposed to be liked by woman not a man. Get it. angry angry angry angry angry angry

Go and check your dictionary to find out the meaning of the verb 'like' and stop misinterpreting me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pics Of A Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Who Forgot How To Blow Up Himself. / So Far, ACN Has Been A Disappointment / Redeemed Christian Church Of God Will Produce A President -pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.