Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy (20116 Views)

16 Places To Meet A Poor Husband In Lagos / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / The Effects Of Dating Who You'll Not Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by shilling(f): 9:50am On Aug 28, 2008
Posted on spousesanonymous.com. I agree. Wat do you think? Here's a link: https://www.spousesanonymous.com/My_Take.php
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2008
I love that articule. Thats my sentiments exactly. I'll paste it here so people wont bother with the link. smiley

Why you need not marry a poor guy

You know what? Experience has taught me that marrying a poor guy from a poor family is the biggest mistake any girl can make. Please don’t get me wrong: I am not a gold-digger. All I do here is to provide advice for innocent, gullible girls who believe that you have a better marriage when both partners build their economic base together and from scratch.

The reality as I see it is that for a girl who marries a financially struggling guy; it’s head or tail, you still lose. Most often, when a girl marries a man who has little or no financial stability, she is forgotten when the going gets good. Look at it this way, what happens is that the wife wears herself out trying to make ends meet and carries the burden of the family. The husband gradually begins to see her as his slave or servant and treats her as one, regardless of her education and career. Trust me, I see this happen all the time. Ladies in such marriages do not buy expensive clothes and perfumes, they do not go to a Spa or gym; neither do they go for a manicure or pedicure. Their family is their life and they are ready to sacrifice their comfort for the comfort of their family. What happens? Their husbands begin to admire other ladies outside and begin to see their wives as unwanted baggage or package.

You see, when a girl marries a guy who, as they say, ‘has arrived’ or is ‘ready-made’, she has little to lose if the relationship does not work. In fact, she probably will have gained one or two things (except the guy was very miserly) to make up for her broken heart. In other words, during the moments of reflective regrets over the ended relationship, this lady would not be thinking about the labors of love she put into the relationship; how she did his laundry, cooked his meals, constantly spent time and energy trying to stretch the budget, going without a car, and on and on. For the girl who married a rich guy, after the divorce she will be concentrating on mending her broken heart. And in many cases, she will have the divorce settlement to use to try and put her life together.

The bottom-line therefore is this: just remember that whether a lady marries a poor and struggling guy or a rich guy, the chances of the marriage succeeding are equal. So, why waste your time and energy on the former? A man who does not honor the marriage institution will remain the same whether he is poor or rich. Likewise, a man who values marriage will reflect that quality in his marriage, regardless of his financial status. It is character that makes a man, not his wallet.

So to ladies who think that marrying a poor guy shows that they have depth and character; I say to you, think again!

1 Like

Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by menix(m): 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2008
Hmmm, U can be poor 2day and hammer 2moorow (Rich).
Author, dem born ur fafa 4 diamond Castle.
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by shilling(f): 12:50pm On Aug 29, 2008
menix:

Hmmm, You can be poor 2day and hammer 2moorow (Rich).

Won't even bother marrying a poor guy even though he may become rich tomorrow. Total waste of time for me

2 Likes

Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by tope2000(f): 12:51pm On Aug 29, 2008
Another intresting thread
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by whitelexi(m): 1:05pm On Aug 29, 2008
shilling:

Won't even bother marrying a poor guy even though he may become rich tomorrow. Total waste of time for me

Same applies to the rich, stinkingly rich today, some containers drown for high sea, you're poorer than a pauper grin
Marry rich man, and end up struggling
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by ramonacee(f): 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2008
shocked shocked shocked
no one willl tell me that, a poor wat
[sub][/sub]
not especially in this hard-timed naija!! ABEGI
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2008
I agree entirely with the post. The possibility of a rich man becoming poor is much more slimmer than that of a poor man becoming rich.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by dudubobo1: 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2008
Some ladies then complain about men.

You think men dont know that if they're poor you wont marry them? If a girl marries a guy when he's rich, what makes her think he doesn't know that she only loves him because he's rich?

hopefully no guy will be daft enough to marry anyone from this website
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by menix(m): 2:28pm On Aug 29, 2008
dudu-bobo:

True talk,
@ Ujujoan.
Can see its ur type dat get tangled with "Ogwu Ego" guys,
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2008
who wan suffer?
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2008
dudu-bobo:

I prophesy you'll marry a Nairalander cheesy cheesy cheesy

menix:

True talk,
@ Ujujoan.
Can see its your type that get tangled with "Ogwu Ego" guys,

Back to sender !!!

You guys should stop complaining and go make money jare . .

mesmya:

who wan suffer?

Abi oh . .
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by dyabman(m): 4:03pm On Aug 29, 2008
Ujujoan:

Back to sender !!!

Abi oh . .

go make money for you Scums right?

Lazy twats, i'm talkin to all the Girls in the world!
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by madamkoko: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2008
To be honest with you, I don't know any rich Nigerian man that wants to marry a poor babe.

People marry people on thier levels.

a "chief's" introduce's his son to a "commissioners" daughter. thats how I know nigeria works. I don't know how it is in Jand sha.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by dyabman(m): 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2008
well yes ur right.
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by eazychi(m): 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2008
Girls do make money these days, what about a poor dude marrying a rich chick. Sittin' in the sun sippin' Koolaid, Gin and Guice and have fun while the girl makes more money. That's what I call " The American Dream, 21st century living" Bottom line; a man need not marry a girl from a poor family too. Ha ha ha grin
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by menix(m): 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2008
Dis generation don spoil finish!!!!!
Even Sikiratu wants an already made guy,
Y not go make ur own money abi dem tie una hand,
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by madamkoko: 4:31pm On Aug 29, 2008
L O L.
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2008
dyabman:

go make money for you Scums right?

Lazy twats, i'm talkin to all the Girls in the world!

Quit hating man!! It takes money to keep a girl bueatiful. So if you dont have it, go make some cheesy
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by olanajim(m): 6:03am On Aug 30, 2008
And so, the solution is marrying a rich man, who would commit adultery openly and then treat the wife like a gold digger?
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by olaremint(m): 8:00am On Aug 30, 2008
marry a rich man,poor man is bullshit.i cant marry a slowpoke even if he/she has all the money in the world.you can call me anything, but i will be the happiest husband in the world with a tolerant, funny, and God fearing woman, money is important in life but riches ask iyabo obasanjo bello and nike grange lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by ima1(f): 8:11am On Aug 30, 2008
i dunno about this thread but my mom married my dad when he had nothing, she left her country (usa) n moved to naija with my dad, n they both built their wealth together, n she has been in naija with my dad for 30 years, so it all depends on the kind of guy you marry n if he is in it for the long haul.

1 Like

Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by henchmark: 10:25am On Aug 30, 2008
The reality as I see it is that for a girl who marries a financially struggling guy; it’s head or tail, you still lose.

can you tell me who isnt struggling financially? even dangote is still struggling otherwise his empire crumbles. may be this is one major reason men are becoming scarce these days for those that bring the scarcity into their lives.
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by lysaa(f): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2008
poverty is a curse, wouldn't want to mix up with that undecided
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by deept(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2008
@ iysaa

curiousity took me to your profile, its like u need a new car abi.

eazychi:

Girls do make money these days, what about a poor dude marrying a rich chick. Sittin' in the sun sippin' Koolaid, Gin and Guice and have fun while the girl makes more money. That's what I call " The American Dream, 21st century living" Bottom line; a man need not marry a girl from a poor family too. Ha ha ha grin

i feel u. no be only chicks sabi better thing.
Ujujoan:

Back to sender !!!

Abi oh . .

Nairalanders are rich oooooo. at least we have money (100 bucks) to go to the cybercafe everyday to ''post'' on nairaland and for those of us that work where there is internet connection, we no try.

I'd rather have someone who would give me peace of mind.
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by terryboob(m): 10:54am On Aug 30, 2008
miss lyaa   poverty is a curse, wouldn't want to mix up with that

who told u poverty is a curse  na wa for u o, so i guess u lookin for some already made guys ? dont worry ur dream will come through , at least i believe most of the riches peoples today work hard for their money.for example alan sugar, in uk , so many others peoples. i do believe if a guy make a plan to achieve something in life it make take time to accomplish, to all you guys outhere.dont marry some girls that likes to much of money cos they only loves you cos of the money and u better watch out for those snake if u know wat i mean ?
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by lysaa(f): 10:55am On Aug 30, 2008
My name is Lysaa not iysaa.

What has my car got to do with a poor guy?  
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by terryboob(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2008
seriously u know them girls if they likes money they cant hide it ,
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by lysaa(f): 10:58am On Aug 30, 2008
I'm hanging on an 'entrepreneur', we detest poverty with passion. .U see u'd see' soon  tongue
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by terryboob(m): 11:02am On Aug 30, 2008
lyaa why did u says poverty is a curse in the first place, ? or is in your bible or koran that poverty is a curse
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by deept(m): 11:04am On Aug 30, 2008
"its better to light a candle than to curse darkness"

makes me think
Re: Why You Need Not Marry A Poor Guy by lysaa(f): 11:19am On Aug 30, 2008
yeah poverty is already a reflector of curse. .I'm not cursing it. .it can't get worse than that if not i would. . undecided

keep ya head ringing darl tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Things He Wants You To Stop Doing / Ladies Running Sex Den In A Kenyan Estate Share Phone Nos & Get Twitter Buzzing / My Manhood Couldn't Allow Me To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.