Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York (11622 Views)

Keke NAPEP Driving On Pedestrain Bridge In Lagos / Rampaging Soldiers Burn BRT Buses In Lagos / Mysterious Winner Takes Earth Messages In Brazil, London And New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by nigeria13: 11:47am On Aug 29, 2008
So where is the man who want to kill us over USA green card. You see how you go end up. bus driver or cleaner. that what USA have for you. They need you to come over and do that for them. Why not go and count Nigeria with PHD driving Taxi in new york. All of this because you do not have good govt in Nigeria. Is it not time we do something about nigeria, Or all of you want to come and be like your king,
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by Mustay(m): 11:54am On Aug 29, 2008
nigeria1@@:

So where is the man who want to kill us over USA green card. You see how you go end up. bus driver or cleaner. that what USA have for you. They need you to come over and do that for them.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by nana(f): 11:57am On Aug 29, 2008
Atleast,he aint a liability to the Idera Kingdom!
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by alabees: 11:59am On Aug 29, 2008
ARE WILL STILL  AMAZING THAT OYINBO MEDIA WILL DO EVERYTHING TO RUBBISH AFRICAN CULTURES.

THEY MADE US TO BELIEVE THAT EVERYTHING AFRICAN IS OBSOLETE, ARCHAIC AND PRIMITIVE.

ENGLISH IS A ONLY LANGUAGE OUR CHILDREN KNOW HOW TO SPEAK, LOOSE DRESSES ARE  THE ONLY DRESS OUR GIRLS KNOW TO WEAR, MR.BIGGS ARE THE FOOD OUR GENERATION KNOW HOW EAT.

EVERYTHING AFRICAN HAS BEEN DEFACED.

REPORTS THAT AN AFRICAN OBA WAS DRIVING COMMERCIAL BUS OVERSEAS IN ANOTHER WAY OF RUBBISHING AFRICAN ROYAL INSTITUTION. WE NEED TO DISCARD THIS INFORMATION.

I BELIEVE IT IS A FALLACY.
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by Blackcat(f): 12:03pm On Aug 29, 2008
I no no why this thing pain me sotey I decide to google the truth.

Idera is a populated place in kwara State.

Decision and Procedure about ascension to the throne of Oba of Idera, ldera-Okeoyan.

I.      The entire COMMUNITY of Idera-Okeoyan agreed that ascension to the throne of Oba of Idera shall be rotated among the following four groups of families:-

A.     OYAN and OLUPO

B.     JADUALA, OKEAPATA and ADESI

C.     IKOTA, OBIRI, ONIRE and EDIDI

D.     OKELA and IJA 0SI.

II.     Ascension to the throne of the Oba in our town shall not be restricted to one particular family at all, no single group of family shall retain the obaship title for ever. When an Oba dies, another Oba shall be chosen from another group of families.

III.     The community reserves the right to reject the nominee of group of families, if they are not satisfied with the choice, in which case the group of families could present another nominee.

IV.    In the event of disagreement within a group of families over who they will nominate for the title of Oba, the heads of the remaining groups of families shall mediate in the matter to settle it as fit.

V.    Nobody shall vie for the title of Oba except within his own group of families.

Chief R.B. Buraimoh v. Chief Maliki Adeniyi Esa & Others fought over this thrown to the extent of taking it to court. Please see link below for more info:

http://www.nigeria-law.org/Chief%20R.B.%20Buraimoh%20v.%20Chief%20Maliki%20Adeniyi%20Esa%20&%20Ors.htm
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by Blackcat(f): 12:05pm On Aug 29, 2008
Chief R.B. Buraimoh and James Oladipo Aroko-Ola Buremoh are not the same person.
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by favcom(m): 12:09pm On Aug 29, 2008
Tnx Blackcat for that wink
But methinks I can see 'Welcome to America' written all over this story undecided
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by slyk2(m): 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2008
The era of local kingship is disappearing fast.
Most of them are forced to accept that stuff and i know if they have their way,
they will say no.
Allow him do his work well joooooooo

His subjects no get money for him!
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by ogooluwa2(m): 12:24pm On Aug 29, 2008
yes it was the only job he can do over there ok
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by UNLEASHED(m): 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2008
No be surprise na abi na new thing?
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by ssRhino: 1:03pm On Aug 29, 2008
Now this is what i called humility of highest Order, i am sure most Nigerians would have been insulting everyone on da bus " do u know who i am?" nonesense would have been the every other language in his mouth.
I bow jare, you be real king
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by alarainey(m): 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2008
Coming to America.

Simple. grin
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by FifiO(f): 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2008
whats the big deal? infact all of una prostrate! grin
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by xpagnol: 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2008
DONT KNOW Y YOU ARE GUYS ARE AT YOUR POVERTY STRICKEN CREEPS BLUFFIN TRASH.
DO YOU KNOW WHERE  N. Y CITY IS LOCATED AND WAT REAALY HAPPENS THERE.
MY BRODA,MONARCH OR OBA THAT GUY IS A BIG BOY ,REMEBER NOT A BUS DRIVER IN OUR PLANLESS,
HOPLESS,DEGENERATED CITY OF ABUJA WHICH IS GOVERNED BY CHIEF OF FRAUSTTARS AND CRIMINALS.
4 GODNESS SAKE THAT GUY IS MADE IF YOU DONT KNOW.
WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT HIS SOCALLED LITTLE OR NO SIGNIFICANT KINGDOM WILL OFFER HIM IF I MAY ASK IF NOT GOATS AND PIGEONS.
HEY GUYS U BETTER BE WISE
[Posted by 206.113.98.4 via http://algart.net/ww This is added while posting a message to avoid misuse.
Try: http://webwarper.net/webwarper.exe Example of viewing: http://webwarper.net/ww/~av/lycos.com ]
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by ssRhino: 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2008
xpagnol:

DONT KNOW Y YOU ARE GUYS ARE AT YOUR POVERTY STRICKEN CREEPS BLUFFIN TRASH.
DO YOU KNOW WHERE N. Y CITY IS LOCATED AND WAT REAALY HAPPENS THERE.
MY BRODA,MONARCH OR OBA THAT GUY IS A BIG BOY ,REMEBER NOT A BUS DRIVER IN OUR PLANLESS,
HOPLESS,DEGENERATED CITY OF ABUJA WHICH IS GOVERNED BY CHIEF OF FRAUSTTARS AND CRIMINALS.
4 GODNESS SAKE THAT GUY IS MADE IF YOU DONT KNOW.
WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT HIS SOCALLED LITTLE OR NO SIGNIFICANT KINGDOM WILL OFFER HIM IF I MAY ASK IF NOT GOATS AND PIGEONS.
HEY GUYS You BETTER BE WISE
[Posted by 206.113.98.4 via http://algart.net/ww This is added while posting a message to avoid misuse.
Try: http://webwarper.net/webwarper.exe Example of viewing: http://webwarper.net/ww/~av/lycos.com ]

It is not about what the city or viallage cld offer him, this is about humility and taking charge of his life, it is about a man that is not tied to power like most of us do, mind u, every king in Nigeria are paid on a yearly if not monthly basis, they whow most of the lands and properties, so dont be fooled.
But i so much love his kinda person.
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by spben(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2008
KAA-BIESI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by kay8080: 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2008
the is a typical example of the Rich also cry, Or sud I say the Rich also Hustle, [size=10pt][/size]
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by Epiphany(m): 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2008
Do we remember 'Coming to America'? That story may be one of fiction, but i think we should look at the morals.
Not everyone is interested in the monarchy. Some people want a simple, very simple life. If what they are doing can pay the bills, so be it.
He may not want to be an Oba of a small town, in which there is no electricity, water, good health care etc. He may not want to 'govern' people who are (forgive my words), 'illiterate' or 'villagers' or who still think the 'native' ways.
Allow the guy jare, he may be experiencing the kind of FREEDOM many in Nigeria - including the present monarchs -  are not experiencing
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by shawn123: 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2008
so whats so special about being an oba in Nigeria?? i have seen some oba's of small town that am sure most people leave better than, undecided , oba, abi is it not traditional ruler ?
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by chamotex(m): 2:18pm On Aug 29, 2008
Kini Big Deal?

Bus Driver is a well-paid job over here in London . . . . . . they make at least £2000 in a month minimum, excluding bonuses and other stuff. Convert that to Naira and its almost half-a-million. So the guy is making his P's jare. nothing do am. Is it not better off than being one of those thieving hooligan that steal and rule over people's land just because they are Kings?
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by Blackcat(f): 2:18pm On Aug 29, 2008
xpagnol:

HEY GUYS You BETTER BE WISE

With people who reason like this Nigeria will never grow. Patriotism where has it gone to?  Why would you refer to people as little or not significant just because they are poor angry

The Oba of Idera in Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State lives in Nigeria.

Every tribe from Nigeria abroad appoints someone from their tribe living abroad with them to be their Oba or Igwe this is to enable them hold tribal meetings for those living in diaspora.  That might just be the case here. He is not an indigenous Oba from Idera in Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State.
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by Dapo4u(m): 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2008
What is this hype about someone making a decent living out of a decent job? Why don't we accept him for what he is rather than who he is.I would rather toll the path of honour and extol the virtues of Oba Buraimoh rather than let the demand of the society beclouds my sense of reasoning.If average Nigerians are like him, maybe Nigeria would have been a better place to live?
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by Mustay(m): 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2008
shawn123:

so whats so special about being an oba in Nigeria?? i have seen some oba's of small town that am sure most people leave better than, undecided , oba, abi is it not traditional ruler ?

Don't just blab around. You might perhaps need to do a research on Africans and their culture.
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by Blackcat(f): 2:44pm On Aug 29, 2008
Dapo4u:

What is this hype about someone making a decent living out of a decent job? Why don't we accept him for what he is rather than who he is.I would rather toll the path of honour and extol the virtues of Oba Buraimoh rather than let the demand of the society beclouds my sense of reasoning.If average Nigerians are like him, maybe Nigeria would have been a better place to live?

The hype is about rubbishing African monarchs
The hype is about rubbishing everything African and making it look common and inferior.
The hype is about telling lies to paint Africa as a place where even traditional leaders who are suppose to hold the values of their communities not only leave these communities to do menial jobs in foreign countries as second class citizens but also deny their countries by taking up a different citizenship.
The hype is about everything the western media does to paint Africa and Africans bad.
We have Obas and Igwes in Nigeria doing everything to make their communities habitable why don't they write about those ones on the internet?

Oba means Leader, Ruler, King. It is a respectable title that has been passed from generation to generation with pride. It should not be rubbished by anyone not the people who are choosen by their people to lead them not by Nigerians and most certainly not by whites !!!angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by Ajayiii: 2:48pm On Aug 29, 2008
He is been Honest, he is only trying to gain the respect of his people.
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by Ajayiii: 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2008
T[color=#550000]here is no point looking down on him, cos he finds pleasure doing it.[/color]
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by bami1(m): 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2008
@ Post
SO??
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by Mustay(m): 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2008
_bami:

@ Post
SO??

i think it's more of how:

Africa As Seen On TV In The US
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by RibaduFan(m): 4:02pm On Aug 29, 2008
he is probably playing 'Coming to Amemrica'
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by DisGuy: 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2008
Ibo_made:

@ Dis Guy Idera is in Ifelodun Local Government of Kwara State.

I was surprise when I clicked on the link myself.

Used to live on the same street with the dude way back in Nigeria. Back then he was famously known as "Ladi the African Tiger"  and I remember watching him take on the likes of Michael Hayes, Ox Baker and some other professional wrestlers from the USA at the stadium in Ilorin.

Those were them dayzzzzzzzzzzz

Thank you wink
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by adamsy07: 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2008
POSTER,
THIS IS PURE GOSSIP,DO SOMETHING TANGIBLE WITH UR TIME AND CONCIDER THE FACT THAT U MENTIONED HIS NAME.
IT'S UNFAIR WAT WRONG IN A KING LOOKING FOR GREENER PASTURE OR DO U WANT HIM TO BE A KING THERE.
Re: Nigerian Monarch Driving Buses In New York by oladele80(m): 4:33pm On Aug 29, 2008
u sure say no be 'coming to america 2' be dis?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / What Are Your Insecurities? / 8 Insults Yoruba Mothers Use Very Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.