Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat (14775 Views)

Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate / How Your Date Of Birth Can Dictate Your Career Path / Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat by Flakynaz: 8:54am On Jun 29, 2006
Does anyone know the best career path towards being a diplomat? Having read history for a first degree or possible related professional exams in that path?

2 Likes

Re: Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat by Seun(m): 1:13pm On Jun 30, 2006
How to become a diplomat in the US:
http://www.ehow.com/how_12359_become-diplomat.html

2 Likes

Re: Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat by Hotstepper(f): 12:25am On Jul 02, 2006
do your masters in International Relations or pols. science, sumthing like dat

1 Like

Re: Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat by DoMH: 6:08am On Jul 02, 2006
Re: Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat by Seun(m): 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2006
You should think of another career. Political careers are not meant to be the main thing you are doing.
Re: Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat by Flakynaz: 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2006
thanx Seun but i wasnt clear on dat what did u mean bya political career not being a line or is it my line of career career and not pursue a pol. career.I would appreciate if you are a bit cleraer on dat.

1 Like

Re: Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat by Seun(m): 1:58am On Jul 04, 2006
Being a diplomat is like being the PTA president of a school. I think it is something you fall into, if you are qualified, after proving successful in another profression. I don't see you becoming a diplomat straight out of school!
Re: Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat by Hotstepper(f): 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2006
yea, I agree with Seun, you don't become a diplomat once you come out of schoool thats why as Seun said, any political career is good like Political Science and dunno about Nigeria but you people have like UN clubs etc cuz am on in ma school and my school just appointed my one of the STUDENT AMBASSADORS at ma skool or it is a path to follow now am in skool and good enough I was given that cuz diz is ma final year. So work harder and you will surely get there
Re: Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat by gabng(m): 7:05am On Jul 07, 2006
seun

What it means is that he wants to be a career diplomat.
Moreover its only in Nigeria ambasadorial postings are done via political affinity
ciao

1 Like

Re: Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat by iykevai: 7:13pm On Jul 16, 2006
To be a diplomat you need to study history and international relations,and that is hard,trust me am level 3 student in history and international relations in unizik awka

1 Like

Re: Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat by dearie(m): 10:07pm On Jul 16, 2006
I agree with seun, I think u should distinguish urself in ur chosen field, then nominations can be sent on ur behalf for consideration as a diplomat, it's that simnple. That's how most of the pple whose names u hear now got their portfolios.
However if u seek to build a career primarily as a diplomat, i suggest u visit the link posted by seun previously, maybe that would help.
All da best!

1 Like

Re: Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat by Hotstepper(f): 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2006
@iykevai , int. relations is not hard, u just need to study, every course is hard but when itz sumthing you love doing, it become easier, I did 2 yrs in IR and now doing PS, they r all da same although PS is more complex cuz under PS, we study IR tongue

2 Likes

Re: Career Path To Becoming A Diplomat by AlphaTaikun: 4:26pm On Jul 17, 2022
Seun:
How to become a diplomat in the US:
http://www.ehow.com/how_12359_become-diplomat.html

(1) (Reply)

Salary Range Of A Flight Dispatcher At Entry Level. / 3 Important Things You Must Know Before Working For Any Nigerian Employer / More Than 5000 Nigeria-trained Medical Doctors Practise In Us’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.