Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Worst Virus Announced By Cnn - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Worst Virus Announced By Cnn (3718 Views)

The Worst Virus/Malware Infection You've Had On Your PC? / New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC / The Worst Virus Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Worst Virus Announced By Cnn by royalicon(m): 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2008
Nairalanders, i deem it fit to share this. Did anyone has a relevant information?

Dear All,

You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK,' regardless of who sent it to you.It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE - it 'burns' the entire hard disc C. This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in their contact list. This is the reason why you must send this e-mail to all your contacts. It is better to receive this message multiple times than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately. This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. McAfee discovered this virus yesterday, and there is NO REPAIR yet for this kind of virus. This virus destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.
YOU MAY COPY THIS E-MAIL TO YOUR FRIENDS.
Re: Worst Virus Announced By Cnn by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 11, 2012
Hmmm, I wonder why I didn't get any Update on this. I love tinkering viruses. . . cheesy Gotta look into this "New Destroyer" cool
Re: Worst Virus Announced By Cnn by Maleeq(m): 12:28am On Jun 12, 2012
HQ: Hmmm, I wonder why I didn't get any Update on this. I love tinkering viruses. . . cheesy Gotta look into this "New Destroyer" cool
Dude, this thread was created in 2008....plus the so-called virus was a hoax!

(1) (Reply)

The Black Man That May Have Invented The Pc / Samsung Camera St72 / For 110k!!! Lenovo V14 14inch 1TB Laptop For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.