Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! (13434 Views)

Boluwatife Tijani, 12-year-old girl wins spelling bee competition in Lagos / This "Illiterate" Got Only The Spelling Of His Name Right / Spelling Errors On Nairaland Are Driving Me Nuts! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by shuppie(f): 12:00am On Aug 31, 2008
u[b] fiffle[/b] re wicked o. abegi leaf the foor[b] boiy[/b] alone jare. no one is below mistake ke. grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by chessguru(m): 12:12am On Aug 31, 2008
;d

Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by blackspade(m): 2:45am On Aug 31, 2008
these thred were very unik and interesting. It is apoling that the posta himsef can make a misstook. Actualy, no bodies is abov mistaking. Lets us com togetda and forgave the poster for his sin of typography.
its time we stop waysting taime on the internate. Anyway, am out of these plase before i bust my stomache with lafters.

sisiskill or siskill, is this the literary section? Run back to where they wont scatter your head dear, because this is really appalling.
ROTFLMAO!!!!! Please bruddah, please tell me you're kidding with that rubbish I just quoted! shocked grin grin shocked grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by TPS360: 5:54am On Aug 31, 2008
intricate to decipher? , i dont think so
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by seyibrown(f): 10:32am On Aug 31, 2008
Thanks to you all, I am no longer able to spell 'appalling'! angry angry

'our paul in'
'hapaulling'
'appaling'
'apalling'
'haupalleing'
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Pataki: 11:26am On Aug 31, 2008
This trend is veri veri funni. The OP is appolling. grin cheesy grin

Can you detect the error? cheesy grin

All culled from Ali Baba's facebook.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by ogb5(m): 11:39am On Aug 31, 2008
this Pataki pikin
stop making me to laugh grin

caphental indeed
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2008
Please does anybody know where I can find CAPHENTAL [/b]or [b]TALIOR ? Sorry, I also need to buy new[b] REFRIGERATORS [/b]and AIR CONDITIONS too. But all these thingS I WANTEND are expensive at CHOPRITE!!! But I have to be PATIENCE because I know I'm LOVE by many people.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Pataki: 12:04pm On Aug 31, 2008
ogb5:

this Pataki pikin
stop making me to laugh grin

caphental indeed
Wetin I do now? grin cheesy grin

Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by Pataki: 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2008
ife-eco-06:

Please does anybody know where I can find CAPHENTAL [/b]or [b]TALIOR ? Sorry, I also need to buy new[b] REFRIGERATORS [/b]and AIR CONDITIONS too. But all these thingS I WANTEND are expensive at CHOPRITE!!! But I have to be PATIENCE because I know I'm LOVE by many people.
Kindly call the number below: grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by vichel(m): 2:46pm On Aug 31, 2008
Diz pictures are really Appauling grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by bodsibobo(m): 4:03pm On Aug 31, 2008
Yeeeeepa, mo ko o! I am die.!

What is all this now?

Eh? w'a a gba! You will take.!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by folanaira: 4:24pm On Aug 31, 2008
Make you educate the people first (yourself included), even then, your spelling is as good as your microsoft word version.

I think that the problem of unemployment is cause of innovative drive, or lack thereof.
All man wan to finish school and get a desk job. Where are d entrepreneurs?
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by hbrednic: 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2008
FOR ALL YOUR ELECTRICAL,MECHANICAL AND BATERICAL PROBLEMS
CALL BABA GHANA 080342561 cool cool
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by DereI(f): 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2008
Eeeya, Seun, Its unfair o. I modified that stuff b4 pasting it here but u removed it.
I'm so sad, It wouldve been fun embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by bodsibobo(m): 7:54pm On Aug 31, 2008
@folanaira (aka Mr. 1 post)

Agreed, education is not only about spelling but also knowing (how to use) your microsoft word version amongst other things!

But of what benefit to a client is an illiterate entrepreneur? (N.B. Illiterate as used here not only means not spelling right or finishing school (uneducated); but also (as my microsoft word version gives me synonyms,: uninformed, ignorant, not conversant, untaught).

I am also an entrepreneur! An entrepreneur that knows how to spell!!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by DereI(f): 8:06pm On Aug 31, 2008
Nigerians are trying in englesh sha.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by chessguru(m): 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2008
whatever,

Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by bodsibobo(m): 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2008
Oh my God,

I thought you guys were joking about this Naijacampusforum thing until I checked it out just now.

Meeeeen, I shame for that guy o! Is this the kind of entrepreneur folanaira is encouraging?

Na wah o!
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by tyor: 7:32am On Sep 01, 2008
CGO, i bow 4 u oh.

DID U READ UR BLOG, U SAID shocked''SPELLING ERRORS IN SPEECH'' shocked[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] u're a goofer!

u almost made me fear u more than i fear GOD. u're crucifying Naijans for spelling errors. why did d English man define the different types of errors. most of the errors made by Nairalanders are type-o-graphical errors

above all, we have a forum that gives nairalanders the right of expression, no matter how its spelt or said, we all get the message and react to it as it applies to us.

una nu?
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by carmelily: 9:05am On Sep 01, 2008
It's appaling that a large population of our so called educated Nigerians still make simple spelling errors in writing and speech.
Examples:
1. This particular one irritates the hell out of me! - DEFINATELY AS OPPOSED TO DEFINITELY
2. INTERNATE AS OPPOSED TO INTERNET
3.I have also seen GOOD MOURNING AS OPPOSED TO GOOD MORNING.
and others too many to mention. Please kindly come up with other errors so people can be informed, It is disgraceful because most of these word are basics that shouldnt be mis-spelt

You didn't quite end up with the correct spelling of appalling, did ye? and "these word"? Haba, brother.

Anyway, i share the pain and horror you feel about these errors. I want to bang my head against the wall when people say/write things like "he was on a red shirt" or "Give the dog it's food". Another very annoying one is "goggle" for "google".
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by chioya(f): 9:24am On Sep 01, 2008
this thread should be moved to joke section,cant wait 4 my guys there 2 see it.its just so funny grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by vicero(m): 10:04am On Sep 01, 2008
Guys, mae una calm down. Poster, don't feel bad, but at the same time, when next you wan send that kind MSG, abeg,spell check, U know the kind country wey we dey for. Also, on the internet, spelling doesn't really matter, people, type as they pronounce and most times they use short cuts, so try and pardon them, At the same time, it also true that most Nigerians can not pronounce words correctly, i would attribute that to our poor educational system here. Don't get me wrong, i know it happens all over the world, but you guys shouldn't forget that Nigerians are pride themselves about their knowledge, our ability to excel academically and in what ever we find our selves doing has endeared us to the world and at the same time created fear in the hearts of so many countries, so the dude really had a point, wink
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by nigboy(m): 10:17am On Sep 01, 2008
What do you expect if you don't have the culture of reading and writing in a society
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by FifiO(f): 10:44am On Sep 01, 2008
@ Pataki
LOL, "urinet" is that like Internet or what?

Well, ppl I saw this one on a banner in KD:

If you want to NO how to read and write English, register here.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by FifiO(f): 10:53am On Sep 01, 2008
@Pataki

keep 'em coming pls!,
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by nzeaji(m): 10:58am On Sep 01, 2008
you peaple are nut going to keal me. cry cry cry cry

this thread is tight.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by carmelily: 11:17am On Sep 01, 2008
nzeaji:

you peaple are nut going to keal me. cry cry cry cry

we are nut o! how can we keal you when we no wan dye cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by iamok: 11:19am On Sep 01, 2008
kazeemu
Insourcing - First Bank Test(ANY INFO. AFTER INTERVIEW)
« #15 on: Yesterday at 07:10:01 PM »

i did interview at ibadan, and i have not got any info. are they start sending sms? please, let me know!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-163030.0.html

Banker of our time.
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by carmelily: 11:20am On Sep 01, 2008
Subject: Be My Friend
Message: I saw ur pic and it seem u r a beauty lady and i will want to make friend with u. u can contact with this no: +------ or send me an email. Hear from u soon!
1.09.08 - 09:44am

just got this in my inbox on a chat site. undecided
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by slyk2(m): 11:57am On Sep 01, 2008
English is not our natural language, its learnt so mistakes must abound.

leave the mistakes lady, once you understood the meaasge he is sending.

but you sef, how many times did you write English in o'levels?
Re: Nigerians And Spelling Errors! It Keeps Getting Worse! by carmelily: 12:03pm On Sep 01, 2008
sly-k:

but you sef, how many times did you write English in o'levels?

since you asked, i'll indulge your curiousity. Twice in the same year SSCE may/june and GCE oct/nov. Made A3 in SSCE and A2 in GCE. i no try reach? how many times did you write yours, sly? grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Victory Obasi: "Fubi And Her Seed Planting Story" / Lagos Schools To Resume 4th January, 2022 For 2nd Term Of 2021/2022 Session / Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers