Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,788 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

How Much Is A C Of O For Land? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Is A C Of O For Land? (6851 Views)

Looking For Land In Ogun Or Oyo State For Comercial Farming / Looking For Land Or Property To Buy In Ibadan, Oyo State / Looking For Land/apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is A C Of O For Land? by abujabooks(f): 3:39pm On Aug 29, 2008
What is the process for applying for a C of O?
How much is it?
The land is in Ogun State.

Any replies will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: How Much Is A C Of O For Land? by chykeo(m): 12:21pm On Aug 30, 2008
I will give you an unsight with mine in Enugu state. I think it varies from state to state.

Documents needed:

deed of sale
and receipts
lease
3 years tax clearance

. My attorney did it with 90k

Like I said, everything varies from state to state
Re: How Much Is A C Of O For Land? by ajileko: 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2008
@abujabooks
Read "lawyer" forum on the requirement for obtaining the C of O on this page. He can also help you obtain it. He's doing my as we speak.
Re: How Much Is A C Of O For Land? by janykute: 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2008
Chykeo,How do you go about getting the 3 yrs tax clearance if you are not residing in the country, or is there any other document they will accept in place of the Tax clearance?
Re: How Much Is A C Of O For Land? by lawyer(m): 10:11pm On Aug 30, 2008
janykute:

Chykeo,How do you go about getting the 3 years tax clearance if you are not residing in the country, or is there any other document they will accept in place of the Tax clearance?

If you dont reside in Nigeria and you need to clear the tax clearance part when you want to register your c/o, it costs N60,000 flat payable to the land registry.

The land registry wont take any other kind of document from you. If you insist, then you would be treated like an Alien and you would be required to get the governor's consent to acquire land in Lagos.

Cheers!
Re: How Much Is A C Of O For Land? by abujabooks(f): 10:58am On Sep 03, 2008
@Chykeo, Lawyer and Ajileko,

Cheers.

I have educated myself by reading Lawyer's thread on "C of O".
Re: How Much Is A C Of O For Land? by ajileko: 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2008
@abujabooks
You are very welcome. Feel free to call upon us 3 if you need any help.
Re: How Much Is A C Of O For Land? by abujabooks(f): 10:33am On Sep 04, 2008
@Ajileko and everyone,

I read Lawyer's thread and it states, I need the following:-

a) Survey plan
b) Structural drawing
c) Tax clearance
d) Legal fees
e) Purchase receipt.

My questions are:

How much is it to have a new survey plan?

How much is it to have a structural or architect's drawing of what I want to build on the land?

Can I use the Tax clearance issued by Niger State, which will expire this year?

Can I use an architect's drawing of another property, since I will be selling anyway?
Re: How Much Is A C Of O For Land? by lawyer(m): 11:57am On Sep 04, 2008
abujabooks:

@Ajileko and everyone,

I read Lawyer's thread and it states, I need the following:-

a) Survey plan
b) Structural drawing
c) Tax clearance
d) Legal fees
e) Purchase receipt.

My questions are:

How much is it to have a new survey plan?

How much is it to have a structural or architect's drawing of what I want to build on the land?

Can I use the Tax clearance issued by Niger State, which will expire this year?

Can I use an architect's drawing of another property, since I will be selling anyway?

As to your questions, i will try and fill in the blank spaces as much as i can.

1. As for the survey plan prices, that would be the exclusive preserve of estate surveyors on Nairaland to answer.

2. As for the structural building, i would prefer you inquire more about this from Third eye. He is a guru in this department and his opinion would be highly valued there.

3. As for the tax certificate of Niger, it cannot be used outside niger state to purchase a state land. You have to get the tax clearance of that state you intend to do business with in your area. In abuja, it is the federal tax certificate you would need to purchase property.

4. As to using the architechural building plans of the previous one, i think it would be acceptable since building plans are prone to change every now and then. The bottom line is just to provide one.

Cheers!
Re: How Much Is A C Of O For Land? by abujabooks(f): 11:13am On Sep 08, 2008
@Lawyer,

Cheers.

@Thirdeye,

How much is an architect's plan? I need to submit it in order to get my C of O.
Re: How Much Is A C Of O For Land? by abujabooks(f): 11:14am On Sep 08, 2008
@Estate Surveyors,

How much is a survey plan?

Urgent pls.
Re: How Much Is A C Of O For Land? by chykeo(m): 1:59pm On Sep 08, 2008
I will give you an idea with what is obtainable in the East.

1 For most of the survey plan I did, it cost me 35k

2 Architect's plan depends on the building you have in mind and the Architect. For a 3 storey building, I paid an Architect 150k to draw which also includes the approval from the local governemnt

3 I think the tax clearance of Niger state is good enough for any state. TAx clearance shows you are up to date with your taxes. Consider this, you are working for a federal establishment in Abuja and ur taxes are deducted at source before you get your salary and you now need a C of O for your land in the village say Anambra state, will they ask you to get a clearance from Anambra too? Dont know shaa as Nigerian things and thier systems amaze me

I spent 30k to get my tax clearance through my guy who knows his ways around in Enugu. It doesnt have a fixed price

@ Abujabooks.

I like your interest in properties. Have been following your thread and posts. Keep it up. We need more smart chics and ladies who know what they really want and what they are doing
Re: How Much Is A C Of O For Land? by jumi07601: 12:33am On Oct 16, 2010
Hello,

Does anyone have an estimate of how much it costs to get a C of O for land? The land is located in Benin City GRA. Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

High Quality Steel, Wooden, Armored, Toilet, Turkey, Kitchen Doors. / 3 Bedrooms Flat With 3 Toilets En Suite For Rent ₦ 400,000 / Italian Wall Finishing(stucco,marcopolo Luxury,wax,wall Screeding Etc.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.