Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million (6441 Views)

[Satire] The Nigerian Business Partner / CAC To Publish Nigerian Business Records Online / Customer Service In A Nigerian Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by labson: 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2006
If you had (access to) $1 - 5 million what businesses would you consider starting in Nigeria today? Open to all ideas.
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by danielorde(m): 12:15am On Jun 30, 2006
Well, considering that Nigerians have many issues to resolve as we progress on the path to true self sustainability. One such Ideas are not going to bring income right away, but if you get it right, You'll go to Bed smiling. I dare say there will be no storms except a crazy goverment policy shows its ugly face, infact most of the people in Power are investing in some of the underlisted.

1. Food (it could be as basic as farming, or repackaging of food or even distribution - It costs quite an amount to get Yam tubers from the North to the south)

2. Clothing - this one you gotta wait small sha, policies no favour am

3. Education - Start a reputable Primary or secondary school.

4. Transportation

For me, Number still is my favorite, People must just eat! for example as of 2004/2005 Cassava was more expensive in Nigeria than in the internation market, there is not enough to go round yet as very affordable price. According to the minister for agriculture, Nigeria still need a few hundred miilion metric tonnes of fish to meet our annual demand.

LIke I said, this is not by and sell where returns is almost immediate. You gotta plan carefully and hash out you project.
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by Seun(m): 6:04am On Jun 30, 2006
You can go into the food canning business. Mass-produce canned vegetables - the ones used in cooking stew - so housewives can just warm your product and add water or oil to make their stew!

NEPA makes it hard for people to use deep freezers to preserve their food, so canning might be a better option. Canned peppersoup, canned okra, etc. You might not even invest up to $1 million and you'll make a lot more.
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by goodguy(m): 11:10am On Jun 30, 2006
I think an eatery will do. But then, there are too many competitors out there. undecided
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by kazey(m): 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2006
Start my own buka franchise cheesy
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by Seun(m): 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2006
Buka Franchise is a great idea. The food will be local, but the environment will be spotlessly clean.

Whatever business you choose, you need to be here in Nigeria to really make it work.
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by gabng(m): 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2006
soccer betting service
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by hola2ng(m): 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2006
Entertainment Hotspot (Club, Cafe, Cinema, Restaurant) tongue grin
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by labson: 11:13pm On Jun 30, 2006
These are great ideas. I appreciate your input and thoughts. Indeed I believe the consumer (food stuff, processing) and services (entertainment and transportation) do offer exciting potential. smiley

What about things like furniture manufacturing, IT business. Any thoughts around those? If you have any others please suggest them. Thanks. wink

1 Like

Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by Blue2(m): 7:38am On Jul 01, 2006
If i had that type of money i'd invest it in education (primary and secondary); there is a big demand by nigerian parents (both home and abroad) for quality education and they are ready to pay reasonably for it. if in doubt check out the numbers of nigerians jetting to the UK for 1st and 2nd degrees and considering the rates international studnets pays you go know say e no easy!
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by otokx(m): 1:59pm On Jul 01, 2006
am with hola2ng.
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by Wisdomxy(m): 3:50pm On Jul 01, 2006
There is a very lucrative manufacturing industry that you can invest $1-5 million in and get your money back within a short period of time. There is never a dull moment in this business.

Infact a friend who invested in this business is always smiling to the bank every day.
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by Zahymaka(m): 5:28pm On Jul 02, 2006
Wisdomxy:
There is a very lucrative manufacturing industry that you can invest $1-5 million in and get your money back within a short period of time.There is never a dull moment in this business.
Infact a friend who invested in this business is always smiling to the bank every day.If you are interested in the information contact me

I'm sorry, but I'm wondering what there is to hide. Is it so secret you can't share it on the board?
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by hola2ng(m): 7:56am On Jul 03, 2006
otokx:

am with hola2ng.

smiley smiley smiley smiley grin smiley wink
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by Allwell(m): 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2006
set up a water packaging coy or a plastic manufacturing coy. i can always help with instrumentating the latter.
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by kazey(m): 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2006
If you work in the bank, just get those bank brokers to help you out? Your co-workers?
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by Chiaka(f): 11:26am On Sep 13, 2007
Try farming if you can get some good land in your village even if its on lease but try acquiring the land if you can. There's food shortage in Nigeria and Food is expensive in Nigeria. People don’t want to farm here because most people's mentality here is that farming is meant for the poor and suffering while in the real sense farming can be very lucrative of well harnessed. You don’t necessarily have to do the planting/Harvesting pay some young able men to do the job who need it to pay school fees or settle some bills.
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by tope777(m): 2:15pm On Jul 06, 2008
send details on how to order for the cds to my mail add david.omotosho@gmail.com
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by omolayo1(m): 6:03pm On Jul 06, 2008
BUSINESS IDEAS WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM IF U WANT ME TO COME UP WITH ONE BUT HOW TO GET THE MONEY BY INDIVIDUALS. PRESENTLY I'M WRITING A PROPOSAL ON A BIZ TO PRESENT TO MY BANK WHICH I WOULD HAVE PREFERED TO GIVE TO INDIVIDUAL SURPOSING THEY CAN FOUND IT. ANY ALOT OF PEOPLE/INDIVIDUALS HAS BEING DOING THE BIZ BUT WITH LITTLE KNOWLEGDE OF IT. IT IS EARTH MOVING EQUIPMENTS BIZ, I MEAN IN ALL AREA OF IT SUCH AS SALES ,LEASE AND REANTALS. IT INVOLVES A VERY HUGE AMONUT OF MONEY TO INVEST ON THIS BIZ. I CAN STILL TELL U SOME VERY LUCRATIVE AREAS THAT IS AVAILABLE FOR INVESTOR AND I CAN QUARANTEE YOU THE SHORT TERM PAYBACK PERIOD OF THEM ALL. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SUCH MEGA BIZ, YOU CAN CALL ME OR EMAIL ME ON AUTHORISEAUTHOR@YAHOO.CO.UK OR 08059239292.
WITH MY EXPERIENCE IN THIS AREA OF BISINESS OVER THE YEARS, YOU WILL BE SURPRISE AT WHAT I WILL DO WITH YOUR MONEY,
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by TouaregV8(m): 9:37am On Jul 19, 2008
Dear labson,

I have sent you an email, containing some very useful information. If the opportunity is of interest to you please feel free to contact me.

Take care,
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by Seun(m): 10:41am On Jul 19, 2008
How about building a luxury hostel?
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by baale11(f): 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2008
I think an ice block factory and coldroom would be ideal.My cousin does consultancy on that and he says the market is very good and still has lots of opening,if you consider the power situation in the country.He can be reached on 01-6560611
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by naijacutee(f): 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2008
Recycle pure water nylon bags/those other popular nylon bags and sell them back to the manufacturers for less than their cost price. That way, you'll be cleaning up Nigeria, creating jobs and providing a very welcome service.
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by TouaregV8(m): 7:45am On Jul 21, 2008
labson, my email to you has bounced back. I assume you unavailable!!
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by odejayi200(m): 8:41pm On Jun 27, 2009
i am into oil and gas and i will advice u to put that kind of money into this sector.call me on 08055051674 and i will put u through if u want.
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by ifyalways(f): 11:36am On Jun 28, 2009
Students Hostel.
Hotel.
Entertainment. . .cafe/football/club/small chops.
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by labamo(m): 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2009
In any business you intend doing in Nigeria, just dont forget our epileptic power supply which had some manufacturing companies fled to neighbouring country.
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by duzz: 12:37pm On Jul 01, 2009
When you have from $1m-5m you have a lot you can do and franchising is not one of it, You can enter into Food/beverage production,mini cement production plant for say 100tpd capacity with $5m, Electronics manufacturing factory(computers laptop,desktop,Cell phones,LCD TV,DVD player,Mp3/4/5 player production etc with $3-5m) Home appliance production factory(Refrigerators,Air-condition,Cooking ovens,deep freezer, electric cattle's,washing machines,fans etc production factory from $2-3m, Steal production plant with capacity of 400,000mt per annual with used steal plant for around $5m, etc, and in regards to electricity, if your production plant uses from 2000kw and above, then NAPA will not be an issue because its is cheaper anywhere in the world to run your own power supply with either 2000kw LPG generators with an LPG storage Tank capacity of 20T-200T through Total Nigeria of both abroad, in all you have a lot you can do in manufacturing, or in Internet field you can apply for spectrum license to deploy WIMAX base station in all major cities to offer both internet, IP telephony and IPTV and with cost of Multi-sector WIMAX base station getting lower, this is also and option for you, all you need is a proper plan and system integrator and you will help your country grow economically, and import and export will not achieve that.
this are just either and not a marketing letter
regards,
Duzz

1 Like

Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by kinharold(m): 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2009
Come into Hualage (Tipper or Trucks). each is about 3.5m naira. you get 400k every month on each. No stories.

kinharold2@yahoo.com 07034268732
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by vezycash(m): 3:03pm On Jul 05, 2009
the question is do you have the money? If you do contact me and we'll make a deal and you will get what you want - more money.
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by Ejadamen(f): 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2009
Seun:

You can go into the food canning business. Mass-produce canned vegetables - the ones used in cooking stew - so housewives can just warm your product and add water or oil to make their stew!

NEPA makes it hard for people to use deep freezers to preserve their food, so canning might be a better option. Canned peppersoup, canned okra, etc. You might not even invest up to $1 million and you'll make a lot more.
I love this idea. i'm stealing it hope you don't mind.
Re: Ideas For Starting A Nigerian Business With $1-5 Million by larez(m): 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2009
What a very smart approach to steal ideas from people without duly compensation. It's a shame that many fall for this age-old trick.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Good Profit In Haulage Business / Current Exchange Rate For Pounds? / Diamond Bank Divests Fully From UK Subsidiary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.