Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:55 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (282833 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:08am On May 25, 2008
My problem is why they all think Grant was sacked because he did not win the champions league. The last time Roman went to see a Chelsea game was the Carling Cup final. .

This is the reason Grant was sacked. . . . . Which one of ManU and Arsenal will prefer Grant as your Manager for the next three years?
Answer the question and then you know why he was sacked. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by akinalabi(m): 9:22am On May 25, 2008
somze:

Look at voyeurs and scums taking panadol extra for our headache . . . crazy aint it? grin

It's kind of crazy truly. . . I wonder why Chelsea issues bother
me these days.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:23am On May 25, 2008
Grant was simply not good enough for Chelsea. For a start the guy couldn't even handle the press.

His training schedule was crude and disliked by the players. I remember a number of them complaining about this in his first few weeks. I hear he then let Clarke do the training according to a Jose style.

Our tactics, formation and Team picking was woeful to say the least. We never harnessed the power of Anelka and Drogba's partnership. They never even trained together. We lost games we should have won and dropped points where it was unnecessary. Imagine a 4-4 draw with Villa and Spurs! That was unheard of at the bridge during JM's era. When we had to win wigan he was afraid to start with a full squad and we also dropped points. We had the chance to win a lot this season and we have won nothing.

Sacking JM was the mistake Roman made. We need consistency in management. When you find a manager as great as Jose, you keep him for ten years no matter what. SAF and Wenger took a while to start wining things and one of them is still taking a while to resume  wink but you see, the club has not put them under pressure. They're still managers in full capacity. You dont hear speculations about their jobs in the press.

The reason why these guys are mourning about what has nothing to do with them is they know whoever comes next will be more competitive and much better. It's that simple. Trouble for ManU and Arsenal.

Anyway, I am in a state of ecstasy.

Come back Jose . . .  grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:24am On May 25, 2008
akinalabi:

It's kind of crazy truly. . . I wonder why Chelsea issues bother
me these days.
Perhaps this may be the reason -

somze:

The reason why these guys are mourning about what has nothing to do with them is they know whoever comes next will be more competitive and much better. It's that simple. Trouble for ManU and Arsenal.

wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:38am On May 25, 2008
They cheered at the sacking of JM and cheered at the appointment of Grant. . . . .Let's see if they Cheer at the appointment of Gus Hiddink or Didier Deschamps. . .

It's simple . . if Grant can be the Manager of ManU, Arsenal or Liverpool . . . then his sacking was unfair.

We tried to sign a player that said he will never play for Avram Grant. . . we might have lost Luca Modric to Spurs for the same reason. Ben Haim said if he knew Grant was going to be Manager, he won't have signed . . . How many more players do we think already having this assertion?

I don't see a player like Messi or Kaka not saying the same.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by akinalabi(m): 9:42am On May 25, 2008
@ somze,

That is not the reason.

I was not interested when Jose won back to back titles.

I guess I became interested after Chelsea almost nicked
the two titles from us. I wrote Chelsea off since the first
day of the season.

But the late surge scared me no be small. wink I still don't
believe the league went down to the wire.

I was interested in Arsenal earlier on in the season but when
the faltered and Chelsea stayed strong, my "interest" changed.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:46am On May 25, 2008
@Aikinlabi

So if we bring in a manager that stay tied on points with you for 6months week in week out, you will have even more admiration umh?

We all know why people isolated JM's success from Chelsea. . it was because of his suppossed utterances. . . If according to you he did not have that, you would have admired his back2back titles and felt even sorry for his not lifting the Champions League.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 9:49am On May 25, 2008
Meanwhile Grant has his admires as he is almost already employed less than 1 day after his sacked from Chelsea. . .

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article3999882.ece

And Alex Ferguson has less than 3 years to go. . . I can't wait for that to happen.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:51am On May 25, 2008
Nateevs,
Grant's sacking shows intent and certain kind of class.

I think his appointment was interim save for the questionable extension of contract.

It is a good sign for Chelsea.

I was thinking of Robinho's speculation. Save for the price, I think it would be a good signing if it works out. Robinho can play behind Drogba and give you that sort of midfield you so often speak about. So we can a 4-1-3-1-1 formation. Playing wingers in but at the same time bringing flair and neat passes into the midfield.

Let me show you what I'm talking about

Cech
                       Bosingwa                          RC                                JT                          Cole

Maka/Essien/Obi
                      New winger                           Lampard/Ballack                         New winger
                                                     Robihno
                                                                              Drogba

This looks pretty good on paper. Robihno will be somewhat like what Tevez is to ManU. Bring back Jose  grin and two new wingers and we're in for business. Quaresma, joaquin, silva and Ribery can play the wing roles.

What do you think?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 9:57am On May 25, 2008
akinalabi:

@ somze,

That is not the reason.

I was not interested when Jose won back to back titles.

I guess I became interested after Chelsea almost nicked
the two titles from us. I wrote Chelsea off since the first
day of the season.

But the late surge scared me no be small. wink I still don't
believe the league went down to the wire.

I was interested in Arsenal earlier on in the season but when
the faltered and Chelsea stayed strong, my "interest" changed.

You're not interested in a man that gave you a 12 points gap to win the league with record breaking 95 points but you became intersted in a man that was 2 points behind as you won the league with a dismal 87 points. grin grin

Should I call you biased now or later? grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:07am On May 25, 2008
@Somze,

What I think is
1. JM will not come back.
2. JM will sign for Inter. .
3. Then Lampard will leave . . .
4. And Drogba will leave. . . .

For Robinho. . I am quite happy at the propect of him joining as he can play the second striker role in a 4-4-2 or a wide forward in a 4-3-3.
I do not see him as very expensive as we sold Robben to Real for £24m. . .
Five players I really want us to sign and that's it for me. . . Ribery, Quaresma(i fianlly want him), Diego and Gomez. .

Complete squad . . . Get Gus Hiddink and we are ready to Challenge on all fronts.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:18am On May 25, 2008
I guess we have to wait to see who the new boss will be.

Robben was sold for £24m? Reeally? shocked shocked

I will hate to see Lampard or Drobga leave. I don't think Ballack can totally play the Lampard role and give us the goals. However it may be good to cash in on Drogba now before he gets too old. Lets see how it goes.

Most things depend on the club and the new manager.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 10:23am On May 25, 2008
@Somze

Pls check this out . . . I am having a laugh. He would have earned respect if he kept quiet.

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/05/grant-sacked.html
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:45am On May 25, 2008
I feel hard pressed to call this backstabber names.

He did not know Chelsea was ruthless when he was behind the sacking of JM?

He promised us attractive footie and failed. To top that up we have lost two finals, lost out on the FA cup as a result of a Cardiff defeat and lost out to ManU in the EPL thanks to useless draws. There is something wrong with this man.

Anyway it was Roman that made the silly mistake in the first place by sacking JM and then hiring this unfit person.

He should quit his silly media games. He was a terrible manager and we had a terrible season by wining NOTHING AT ALL!

I've always disliked this guy. He does not deserve a penny.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:52am On May 25, 2008
Remember what I said about his training techniques? Look at this

Before the players reported for their first day of training under Mourinho, they had been supplied with individual dossiers detailing their dietary regime, pre-season schedule and a DVD breakdown of their game.

During Grant's time, he had to be reminded of a midweek Carling Cup tie, asked the groundsman when the next home game was and if Chelsea should train on the Stamford Bridge pitch.

Yes, there was a deep dignity about him but that was never going to be enough. He was out of his depth. Public rows with the likes of Tal Ben Haim served to highlight his weakness in the eyes of influential players who were never convinced of his technical knowledge or truly trusted him.

One player said: "You couldn't dislike Grant, you just knew there wasn't very much depth to him.

"When he was technical director, nobody knew what he was here to do and when he took over from Jose, he didn't seem to have a clue.

"Training lost its edge there was no attention to detail and the players began to realise it was up to us to get things right. He wasn't exactly leading from the front., "

Inevitably, those same whispers reached Abramovich's ears. He lost faith and even their close friendship could not save Grant.

Whereas he had once provided the insight and information the Russian craved, his place had been taken by others. Grant was now merely an employee.

And, as in all Abramovich's businesses, employees are expendable, no matter how important or influential they might once have been. He hardly helped his own cause with a series of catastrophic decisions which culminated in Carling Cup Final humiliation at the hands of Spurs.

As one Chelsea source admitted: "Avram's obviously a decent bloke but he was never comfortable being in charge.

"It wasn't his fault the players were used to somebody as charismatic as Jose, but Avram never got close to getting their confidence.

"He was seen as Roman's mole and even though he wanted to do things his way, there was always that suspicion of him.

"It became clear to everybody that Roman had made a mistake, that he'd put in his own man even though it wasn't the right decision.

"It was only right at the end of the season anybody had the nerve to point out what was going wrong.

"That's when the decision was taken. Chief executive Peter Kenyon and chairman Bruce Buck were told not to make any promises about Avram's future.

"That told its own story and even if Chelsea had beaten Manchester United in Moscow or won the Premier League, his days were still numbered."

But it is that delay in making the decision which has left Chelsea scrabbling around and facing a summer of rebuilding.

With Grant gone, Henk ten Cate a spectacular failure and Steve Clarke looking for a managerial job of his own, Chelsea are shorn of a backroom team.

On the playing front, they must find a replacement for Didier Drogba, who is destined for either Inter Milan or Real Madrid.

There seems little future for Nicolas Anelka and the squad needs strengthening in several key positions.

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/05/avram-sacked.html
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 10:57am On May 25, 2008
Look at this comment I found on the news above -

To chelsea fans Drobga is the main reason behind your success not JT or Lampard. On his own he carried last year and this year the whole chelsea team to the brink of glory. While he was in african cup duties Chelsea was far behind Man U and what he did aginst arsenal and Manchester U at the bridge. Remember how chelsea got to the CL final in first place by destroying Benitez. Drobga is blamed for being honest telling people that sacking Mourinho was dump thing to do. JT, Schevchenco, Ballack and Lamp are earning more than Drogba but he is working twice harder than then by playing on his own in attack while he could been paired with Anelka by dropping either Lamp or ballack. Face reality check do not hide behind half truth to please grant and JT.

I wish we have more fans as clear sighted as this guy; instead what I hear is Drogba should be out, Drobga should go. Are we really different from Roman?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:08am On May 25, 2008
I read the comment as well. . .
Did you read in the stories today that Grant said he doesn't want Compensation? Does that sound like something I have said before?
Yeah it does!!!! He never had a contract. Simple. Grant was only a stop gap and all this was pre-arranged. Bloody russian guy. He is a sucessful businessman and knows exactly what he wants. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 11:12am On May 25, 2008
I think he did have a contract, which was silly -

A pal of Grant in Israel revealed: "Avram said he doesn't trust them any more.

"It was not a friendly meeting at all. Avram does not want anything to do with the club now. He didn't even want to discuss his compensation, which will run into millions. He told Roman to speak to his lawyer."

Why give him a new contract in the first place?

Meanwhile if he does not want the compensation, I can always send my bank account grin grin To hell with Chelsea grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:55am On May 25, 2008
We were told he had a contract. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:10pm On May 25, 2008
Hehehehehehe . . . . . . . . Roman is crazy!

He said at a dinner speech that he has contributed 30% to the teams tactics and performance in terms of signing players, helping with formations etc.

I just heard it on BBC radio 5.

Maybe he wants to become the manager full time. Dis guy got identity crisis.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:14pm On May 25, 2008
How can Grant say he feels betrayed?

Was he not the one who held meeting with Klinsmann when Jose was still manager?

When you work for the most ruthless man in football you should expect anything at any time.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 12:16pm On May 25, 2008
Somze, I could show you several hundred comments where people are saying 'phock Drogba'.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 12:21pm On May 25, 2008
@Ibime

Grant is high. He should keep quiet rather than trying to paint the situation. Now he is going to look stupid.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Pataki: 1:41pm On May 25, 2008
As much as I hate to say this, I think I now realize it was a magnificent situation that ManU won the CL and Premiership. Or else could one have known that Chelsea is really full of shits and rubbish?

I think ''Sepe'' syndrome is really working hard on both the fans and the Chelsea team itself.

Bloody ingrates that is what you all are ! Imagine watching on BBC news yesterday night, Sepe fans shouting for the come back of the special one, why did you not shout that before going off to Moscow? Agbero composition of people.

AG brought you this far. . . . . . . At the beginning of the season, every sensible person had written chelsea off after the sack of that running tap water called Hose or is it Jose sef. . . . Only for Grant to remain consistent and determined to make something out of y'all.

Even though Grant himself does not strike me as someone with premium confidence in combination with charisma and ability to engage any other person in mind games, which Jose clearly was a master of, he has however brought Chelsea a great moment of glory and determination. Not to even talk of the financial rewards he has added to the coffers of the Chelsea team . . . . . .

Lets see what becomes of you guys next season.

Rubbish. angry
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by DrKitaun(m): 2:05pm On May 25, 2008
@Pataki

God bless u ! cool

exactly my sentiments . . . .these people are just ingrates inside out its so appaling shocked sad

what exactly do these Chavs want from life ? do they think they can have it all or must they win all the time ?

what right do they have to feel that they have arrived ? a couple of glorious seasons with Jose and A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL WITHOUT JOSE is more than enough for these chavs, but they just dont seem to get it . . . . MONEY AINT EVERYTHING ! tongue

F@CK ROMAN ! tongue grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by odada(m): 2:52pm On May 25, 2008
I can not be bothered by Avram "the vulture" Grants[b] sack[/b]! to me I view it completely as Good riddance to bad rubbish *hisses out loud*.1united cool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 2:59pm On May 25, 2008
@Pataki @Kit

You guys still have not answered the question . . . would you like Grant to be your Manager for the next three seasons? If you can answer that then you know what Chelsea and the fans are about. No one has said we are not grateful for he did. Now he's gone what do we do about it. . .

You were the same people saying we were ranting about Jose sack and we should get over it. . now the story is different. And what is this talk about what becomes of us next season. . . you guys will be very surprised.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 3:07pm On May 25, 2008
Pataki:

[size=14pt]AG brought you this far. . . . . . . At the beginning of the season, every sensible person had written chelsea off after the sack of that running tap water called Hose or is it Jose sef. . . [/size] .

Dr Kitaun:

exactly my sentiments . . . .these people are just ingrates inside out its so appaling shocked sad

what exactly do these Chavs want from life ? do they think they can have it all or must they win all the time ?

@Pataki

What do you mean by this "far" and who are the sensible people?

We are not Arsenal whose middlename  is trophyless  grin

Only a first class Idiot will predict Jose will be trophyless.  For your information,Jose's chelsea and united were on 11 points to Arsenal's 13.

We drew Rosenbourge at the bridge, are you saying Chelsea will not get the point they need away?

@Dr kit

Ingrate? in what way?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 3:09pm On May 25, 2008
@All

As much as i dont like AG's way of doing things buti think Roman did not treat him well.

Why can t he just demote him to his peoper position as Director of Football?

@Ibime

I told you Roman dont care about Shed-end fans, he care less about Nairaland Chelsean as well.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 3:22pm On May 25, 2008
@Chelseans

Why did Roman buy a £2m car for Jose last feburary? Precisely after Grant lost the carling cup? Why
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Ibime(m): 3:28pm On May 25, 2008
Cos money is no object? Is it true that he bought him car? Which car cost £2m sef? I don'bilivit.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:53pm On May 25, 2008
He bought him a ferrari. . I just do not know if there is a ferrari that costs that much. .

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.