Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? (3631 Views)

Poll: Is sex A good way To a man's heart?

Yes: 45% (9 votes)
No: 55% (11 votes)
This poll has ended

What Is The Latest Way To A Man's Heart:good Food Or Good Sex Or Good Character? / "The Way To A Man's Heart Is Through His Stomach"-outdated Quote / Is The Quickest Way To A Man's heart is through his stomach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by DeepZone: 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2008
[size=16pt]
The way to a man’s heart is sex –Mopelola Ogunlusi, MD, Romeo and Juliet [/size]

By Chinyere Fred-Adegbulugbe

Mrs. Mopelola Ogunlusi, a technologist and matchmaker, tells Chinyere Fred-Adegbulugbe why her marriage has lasted 33 years.

By training, she is a medical laboratory scientist. She got to the peak of career, retiring many years ago as the chief medical scientist of the University College Hospital, Ibadan. But Mrs. Mopelola Ogunlusi has yet another love: linking and matchmaking men and women, who desire to find life partners. Since 2002 when she officially opened her doors, her matchmaking agency, Romeo and Juliet, has become a Mecca of sorts to different categories of individuals for different reasons. ”This is where you can get good husbands and good wives. If you have marital or relationship problems, this is where we can help you because we are not biased since we are not related to either the husband or the wife, we see things clearly,” she says.

Incidentally, she says matchmaking is something she was involved, howbeit informally, even as a spinster. Then, as a young girl, though she already had a boyfriend who was to be her husband later, there were many other men who were interested in having her as a wife. And as she humorously recalls, since she didn‘t have any problem with the relationship she was having, coupled with the fact that even her parents felt the fellow was okay for their daughter, she devised a means of warding off her excess suitors. “Many of my friends were dating wrong men. Some of them didn‘t even have men to date, so I was linking my extra suitors to my friends and I must say that some did get married and are even grandparents today,” she says.

She didn‘t stop there. With time, even her domestic hands became beneficiaries of her matchmaking prowess. ”If I saw anyone who was single; there was always this urge to link them to others who were also single and desirous of having spouses. Some worked out while some didn‘t,” she says.

Until she had to retire from her job in order to join her family in Lagos, she did not fancy staying alone in Ibadan. That was when her husband rekindled the matchmaking fire in her. But this time, it was in form of a business that is duly registered and not just as a pastime.

She says, “One day I was discussing with my husband and he lamented that some of his secretaries were still unmarried, despite the fact that they were good looking and well-mannered. He even said some of his friends‘ secretaries were also in the same predicament. He now said to me, ‘Why don‘t you start an agency since you have the flair for it?.’”

But she wasn‘t convinced that it would be a profitable venture. ”Who will agree to pay for such services? I asked him,” she says. Nevertheless, the man went ahead. Not only did he get the company registered, he also got an office space and equipment, printed stationery and also hired staff. ”That was when I knew that he was serious,” she recalls.

Yet, she wasn‘t persuaded to get involved until, according to her, the staff almost ran the business aground. And that was when she decided to take over the business. Thus, her new status as the managing director of Romeo and Juliet was born.

And as she says, her initial scepticism concerning Nigerians’ willingness to pay for the kind of services her company was engaged in was proved right. ”The first two years were very difficult. Many people didn‘t want to pay and maybe because it was a totally new venture, a new idea. So many people did not know what to think about it. My husband had to pay salaries and rent without us realising anything during those years. And each time I told him that I was calling it a day, he would refuse and tell me that even if it was only one person that registered with me, that I must get the person a husband or a wife, that I couldn‘t just let the person down,” she reminisces.

And today, she just can‘t thank him enough for his encouragement those early years as Romeo and Juliet, she says, has over 1,000 members in the organisation‘s database today. ”Out of this, about 200 have been successfully linked and married, about 250 are still courting and the rest are yet to find partners,” she enthuses.

And what does it take for a registered member of Romeo and Juliet to be successfully linked to a spouse? Ogunlusi says it is very simple. “The person comes, tells us his profile and also the profile of the kind of spouse he is looking for. Once a person gives us this information, we collate what you have in your data, compare with the genotype of prospective partners. Once we see someone in our database that has at least seven out of 10 of what a particular client wants, we link them and leave God to do the remaining.”

But just like every other relationship, she says that it is not always that it works out as there are some of them who don‘t like each other, even at the very first meeting. ”There are even some who don‘t like each other even from phone calls alone and there are some who fell in love just by speaking to the person or at first meeting. So it varies,” she explains.

With her registration pegged at N5,000, one wonders how the agency breaks even. Ogunlusi says people do ask her the same question, but that has never been an issue with her. “You know when God sends you on an errand, he fortifies you and makes it easier for you to accomplish. I am a pensioner, and my husband is also now retired. Though we need money, we are not looking for anything outrageous. The joy of seeing people happy is our reward,” she insists.

Talking about matchmaking and why it has become necessary, she insists that many people would be married if they weren‘t too fussy with their choices. Speaking from her various experiences at the agency, she says many of the so-called singles limit themselves with the kind of specifications they give, especially when it comes to physical attributes. “According to the Holy Book, everything God created is beautiful but some will come and say, ‘He is too tall.’ She is rotund and all that, thereby limiting themselves,” she adds.

Religion, Ogunlusi says, is also a reason why many people have remained single, even unto their 40s. “A lady came in the other day and she is already 42. One would think that at 42 years, as a Christian, she should be ready to marry any Christian. First of all, she told me that she was a prayer warrior in her Pentecostal church, so she didn‘t want a man that would disturb her prayers. She said she didn‘t want an Anglican, a Methodist, and a Catholic. She gave us a very long list of people she didn‘t want when she was submitting her form. I told her that I was not God and that if God says she would get a mate through the agency, she would. But I also told her that she was spoiling her chances. People are not helping themselves. Once you are above 30, you should drop some of your dos and don‘ts,” she says.

As a marriage counsellor, she gives a hint why many marriages tend to end in divorce. Tolerance and patience, she says, are very necessary if a marriage is to stand the test of time. ”In marriage, one must be willing to be a sheep why the other is a goat. And I always advise women to be sheep; somebody has to give in. For a marriage to work, the woman must be ready to be accommodating and patient,” she opines.

Does she also advise a woman whose husband is engaged in extramarital affairs to remain quiet and docile? Ogunlusi replies that since most of our men are involved in extramarital affair anyway, what a wise woman should do is to make the best out of it. ”If you put men on the ground and calculate, I will tell you that over 70 per cent are having extramarital affairs, even when they claim to be Christians or Muslims. And the young girls are not helping; they forget that while they are breaking another person‘s home, their own homes can never settle. But if a man is having extramarital affairs and there is nothing you can do, talk to him. You know David Beckham‘s wife once said that she would not allow a tart to break her home and till today she is still married to her husband. That is the kind of attitude all women should have,” she advises.

For those who preach equality of the sexes and women liberation, obviously, they can never find a kindred spirit in Ogunlusi. “I am not for women liberation,” she emphasises. ”That is why I have been married for 33 years and I am going to be married for another 30. Those women, who say they are liberated, are not. Are they wiser than God?” she queries.

She also advises women who want their marriages to last not to ignore the power of sex. She says, “Sex is the binding factor in marriage. People say that the way to a man’s heart is food. It is not food alone. You must have sex together often.”

At 58, Ogunlusi believes that style should be about what fits one’s body structure and age. “I hate those women who expose their chests. The way you can get to a man is to hide what he is looking for a little. Men who go after such girls do that for sex and not for marriage,” she insists.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/aug/31/415.html
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 01, 2008
d way to mans stomach is food

the way to a mans heart is sex
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by DeepZone: 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2008

Why do you need a way to his stomach?
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2008
DeepZone:

Why do you need a way to his stomach?

oh no funmi u and this your kwestions grin

seriously wats all sex and no correct food to go with it?
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by onyinye2(f): 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2008
mesmya:

oh no funmi u and this your kwestions grin
Correct food my foot. Just give a dog a bone tongue
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by StephenP(m): 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2008
mesmya:

So is it food first then sex or sex then food?
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Moyola(f): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2008
Hmmmn. . . smiley
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2008
StephenP:

So is it food first then sex or sex then food?

whichever one dat rocks their boat

onyinye2:

Correct food my foot. Just give a dog a bone tongue

*ignores d post,its not worth it*
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by DeepZone: 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2008
oh no funmi u and this your kwestions Grin

Lmao; some men can do with a cold pizza as long as the sex keeps rolling.
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2008
DeepZone:

Lmao; some men can do with a cold pizza as long as the sex keeps rolling.

na lie ooo,not our african men,they want a well prepared punded yam and egusi soup after d whole sex grin
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by DeepZone: 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2008
na lie ooo,not our african men,they want a well prepared punded yam and egusi soup after d whole sex

I thought Hannibal your man na butter? Him dey chop iyan? Eeeewwwwww grin grin grin
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by HRhotness(f): 9:58pm On Sep 01, 2008
Me thinks the way to a man's heart is thru his mind. . . keep him interested and keep his mind stimulated and he'll never leave
he can get food and sex anywhere
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 01, 2008
HR.hotness:

Me thinks the way to a man's heart is through his mind. . . keep him interested and keep his mind stimulated and he'll never leave

I absolutely agree with this
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by DeepZone: 10:23pm On Sep 01, 2008
Me thinks the way to a man's heart is through his mind. . . keep him interested and keep his mind stimulated and he'll never leave

How do you stimulate his mind when he's never attentive?
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2008
DeepZone:

or stimulate his mind in an empty stomach?
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 01, 2008
HR.hotness:

even sm of them have lively girls as lovers and they still go out,what will u call that?
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by HRhotness(f): 10:38pm On Sep 01, 2008
DeepZone:

Thats d trick. . . u do something to catch his attention

mesmya:

or stimulate his mind in an empty stomach?

if u can stimulate his mind befor he gets hungry, he'll choose to eat your food over all else when he does

mesmya:

even sm of them have lively girls as lovers and they still go out,what will u call that?

there is a difference between being lively and being interesting. . .
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 01, 2008
HR.hotness:

Thats d trick. . . u do something to catch his attention

if u can stimulate his mind befor he gets hungry, he'll choose to eat your food over all else when he does

there is a difference between being lively and being interesting. . .

ofcourse we all know that the lively i meant therer was interesting

been lively or interesting does not make a man stay with u

take married couples for xample,what is being interesting when d woman can't make love properly or cook well,yes men go out for food,but most of the time infact 98% of d time dey go out its because d woman aint doing it well.when a woman does her cooking well,i bet u a responsib,e man wont make it a habit of going out to get his tummy satisfied elsewhere
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by HRhotness(f): 10:57pm On Sep 01, 2008
mesmya:

ofcourse we all know that the lively i meant therer was interesting

been lively or interesting does not make a man stay with u

take married couples for xample,what is being interesting when d woman can't make love properly or cook well,yes men go out for food,but most of the time infact 98% of d time dey go out its because d woman aint doing it well.when a woman does her cooking well,i bet u a responsib,e man wont make it a habit of going out to get his tummy satisfied elsewhere

i recently had dinner at a nigerian couple's home. the food was just nasty but the husbaand loves his wife and loves her cooking. . . he always goes home for dinner and never eats out if he can help it. all thru the dinner he kept going on and on about how wondeful the food was, my mum and i cldnt help but wonder if we were eating the same thing he was

i also have a friend who broke up with hs girlfriend, she did everything right; cooked, cleaned, shagged, never nagged. . . he even confessed she was d perfect girlfriend but the poor dude was bored to death. he used to sneak out to come hang out with my friends and I for, in his words "stimulating conversation". how do u explain that?

in my opinion, a guy's need extend to more than the obvious. . . cooking and shagging are important but not enough to keep a relationship. with time a woman can learn to cook in th way her man loves and learn to give him mind-blowing sexual pleasure but the truth is, in time even this wont be enough, he will search for other forms of stimulation. the kind that never goes stale and keeps him on his toes. . . women make mistake of forgeting a mans mind
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 01, 2008
HR.hotness:

i recently had dinner at a nigerian couple's home. the food was just nasty but the husbaand loves his wife and loves her cooking. . . he always goes home for dinner and never eats out if he can help it. all through the dinner he kept going on and on about how wondeful the food was, my mum and i cldnt help but wonder if we were eating the same thing he was

i also have a friend who broke up with hs girlfriend, she did everything right; cooked, cleaned, shagged, never nagged. . . he even confessed she was d perfect girlfriend but the poor dude was bored to death. he used to sneak out to come hang out with my friends and I for, in his words "stimulating conversation". how do u explain that?

in my opinion, a guy's need extend to more than the obvious. . . cooking and shagging are important but not enough to keep a relationship. with time a woman can learn to cook in th way her man loves and learn to give him mind-blowing sexual pleasure but the truth is, in time even this wont be enough, he will search for other forms of stimulation. the kind that never goes stale and keeps him on his toes. . .  women make mistake of forgeting a mans mind 

proof please,how do u know he doesnt eat out always and then come home to manage his wife, ?how do u know that they don't quarell over her terible food?

how do u know she cooked and shagged right?c'mon no responsible man will come out and tell his friends what a bad ass his wife or girl is

im not saying that being interesting wont keep a man,sex and food r d most important thing in a raltionship,be u married or single,that im very sure of

oh gosh hotness u don't expect the man to tell u guys that the wifes cooking is bad do u?its only a stupid man that will do that
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by HRhotness(f): 11:16pm On Sep 01, 2008
the proof is i've known thm for yrs and d way they both go on u'd think they were the first to discover love. . . i do admire their banter and d fact that they spend hours just gisting. . .

if a good cook and a good shag is all u need to fall inlove then i guess u fall inlove evryday becos that isnt hard to find

the kind of guys i know look for more substance in a woman other than d ability to cook and shag. . . thats what grabs at their heart.
havnt u seen marriages where there is little or no sex and food is prepared by a cook or help and yet they r both really happy? if u havnt, u need to get out more

the sexual attraction and chemistry can only last so long, the thing that hold a marriage together after all the fireworks is friendship and companionship. . . the mutual stimulation of the mind
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 01, 2008
HR.hotness:

the proof is i've known thm for years and d way they both go on u'D think they were the first to discover love. . . i do admire their banter and d fact that they spend hours just gisting. . .

if a good cook and a good shag is all u need to fall inlove then i guess u fall inlove evryday because that isnt hard to find

the kind of guys i know look for more substance in a woman other than d ability to cook and shag. . . thats what grabs at their heart.
havnt u seen marriages where there is little or no sex and food is prepared by a cook or help and yet they r both really happy? if u havnt, u need to get out more

[b]the sexual attraction and chemistry can only last so long, [/b]the thing that hold a marriage together after all the fireworks is friendship and companionship. . . the mutual stimulation of the mind

that highlighted statememnt is offkey

sweetheart i get u i really do,but you're going to a diff direction  now

listen sex is like a bond,that connects people together,y do u think most men divorce their wives this days?is it not because of sexual starvation or sexual weakness

there is no doubt that sex goes a long way in a relationship especially them married ones

wats being interestng if u aint good in your sexual act or skills?sex is d only thing that can bring a couple together,sex is sthg that makes them couples loose focus a little abit on sm certain things

now let me go to them married:wats being interesting when a woman can't satisfy her husband sexually and in the food aspect?this is simple logic

im happily married,i did not marry my husband because of sex,but i tell u that ive been in d system for long andi can tell u that sex and food go a long way in a mans life,their friendship will continue to appreciate except the man does not love his wife

98% of men that go outside do this because of poor cooking or poor sexual life
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Hannibal: 11:24pm On Sep 01, 2008
The way to a man's heart is SEX??
I disagree with y'all.

How many women are GOOD in bed??
Sometimes, men don't even want to get into bed with some certain kinda women cos they are pathetic in the art of love making.
Should that babe make herself available 24/7 for sex, she would still be playing 2nd fiddle to a sexpert. tongue tongue
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by HRhotness(f): 11:31pm On Sep 01, 2008
mesmya:

that highlighted statememnt is offkey

sweetheart i get u i really do,but you're going to a diff direction entirely now

listen sex is like a bond,that connects people together,y do u think most men divorce their wives this days?is it not because of sexual starvation or sexual weakness

there is no doubt that sex goes a long way in a relationship especially them married ones

wats being interestng if u aint good in your sexual act or skills?sex is d only thing that can bring a couple together,sex is sthg that makes them couples loose focus a little abit on sm certain things

now ket me go to them married:wats being interesting when a woman can't satisfy her husband sexually and in the food aspect?this is simple logic

im happily married,i did not marry my husband because of sex,but i tell u that ive been in d system for long andi can tell u that sex and food go a long way in a mans life,their friendship will continue to appreciate except the man does not love his wife

98% of men that go outside do this because of poor cooking or poor sexual life

i assumed u were a guy. . . i apologise

i'm basically saying sex and food isnt the factor that maks a man fall in love with you. . . d key factor here is that he lovs u!

he wont love u becos u can shag or know how to cook. . . many girls out there can cook and shag but r still single. sex and food r important i agree but I absoutely insist that isnt the way to a man's heart.

a guy no matter how much sex or how good u cooking is will always stray. the thing that brings him back home is that in u he has found a mate, a companion and a friend. . . all that gotten from sparking his interest and stimulating his mind!
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 01, 2008
Hannibal:

The way to a man's heart is SEX??
I disagree with y'all.

How many women are GOOD in bed??
Sometimes, men don't even want to get into bed with some certain kind of women because they are pathetic in the art of love making.
Should that babe make herself available 24/7 for sex, she would still be playing 2nd fiddle to a sexpert. tongue tongue

take couples for example,wat do u think most women do to keep their man beside them,if not cook well and make the man happy sexually,yes some of u men r dogs and will still go out to get it elsewhere,but a real man wouldnt,cos he knows dat d woman is trying to make him happy
sex and food r one of d most important thing in a relationship,especially in marriage
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Hannibal: 11:35pm On Sep 01, 2008
mesmya:

take couples for example,what do u think most women do to keep their man beside them,if not cook well and make the man happy sexually,yes some of u men r dogs and will still go out to get it elsewhere,but a real man wouldnt,because he knows that d woman is trying to make him happy
sex and food r one of d most important thing in a relationship,especially in marriage

I agree with u.

However, the sex and food must be nothing less than 110%.
If the man can find somebody else willing to do more than the house-wife, the man would jump at that opportunity.
It's the survival of the SWEETEST. cool
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 01, 2008
HR.hotness:

i assumed u were a guy. . .  i apologise

i'm basically saying sex and food isnt the factor that maks a man fall in love with you. . . d key factor here is that he lovs u!

he wont love u because u can shag or know how to cook. . . many girls out there can cook and shag but r still single. sex and food r important i agree but I absoutely insist that isnt the way to a man's heart.

a guy no matter how much sex or how good u cooking is will always stray. the thing that brings him back home is that in u he has found a mate, a companion and a friend. . .  all that gotten from sparking his interest and stimulating his mind!

naa no need to apologise,by d way its me jenny wink

but seriously most men have got all dis things u listed in their wives but still have a heart attack wen they r going home

my own is based on d marital level,so them single girl out there aint married cos they might hhave a very bad character

no man wont want to run home and meet his wife ,wen shes so good at sex and cooking,serioulsy
 yes oo them be friends no doubt,but that thing called sex brings them much closer,its like sthg dat reunites them,its a bond,its so thick and strong . . . . . .
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by HRhotness(f): 11:37pm On Sep 01, 2008
@ mesmya

u still dont get it. . .

sex and good cooking is important

but if u r a bore, there is no way ur husband will stay. . . all that crap about a guy staying becos he can see u r trying is just lying to urself.
lts face it, if he has a heart he will stay but not for long. ,  sooner or later someone who tickles his mind and gives him a healthy challenge will come along. . . then say goodbye to his consience because despit d sex and food he'll go where he feels alive
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by HRhotness(f): 11:38pm On Sep 01, 2008
haba jenny, i've missed u oh grin
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 01, 2008
Hannibal:

I agree with u.

However, the sex and food must be nothing less than 110%.
If the man can find somebody else willing to do more than the house-wife, the man would jump at that opportunity.
It's the survival of the SWEETEST. cool
grin grin grin

dats y i said no real man,as long as d man aint lacking wat is he looking for?

its only a heartless man dat will do that undecided  a woman dat cooks well and satisfies her hubby weneva he wants as tried very well,so sweetie wat else does  a man want,what?
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Hannibal: 11:41pm On Sep 01, 2008
mesmya:

grin grin grin

that is y i said no real man,as long as d man aint lacking what is he looking for?

its only a heartless man that will do that undecided a woman that cooks well and satisfies her hubby weneva he wants as tried very well,so sweetie what else does a man want,what?

A man wants the BEST. I repeat, THE BEST.
How do we know the best if we don't try 3 or MORE. grin cheesy grin
Re: The Way To A Man's Heart Is ****? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 01, 2008
HR.hotness:

@ mesmya

u still don't get it. . .

sex and good cooking is important

but if you're a bore, there is no way your husband will stay. . . all that crap about a guy staying because he can see you're trying is just lying to yourself.
lts face it, if he has a heart he will stay but not for long. ,   sooner or later someone who tickles his mind and gives him a healthy challenge will come along. . . then say goodbye to his consience because despit d sex and food he'll go where he feels alive

sm pple can be so interesting and be poor in bed and cooking,does dat mean d man will stay wt them too,hells no babes

but if a woman is good at cooking and sexing grin  d only thing dat can make the man go out is just too hang out wt other babes ,but wen it comes to being unfaithful he wouldnt,cos he knows dat d wife is good in bed(real men anyways)

sweetheart i missed u tooo jare,how body

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have Two Girlfriends Commited To Me But I Don't Know Who To Choose. / You Just Need A Word! / I Want To Fvck Her Badly But She Is Too Expensive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.