Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? (2806 Views)

Fight To Finish / How To Finish What You Start: A Five-step Plan For Writers By Ali Luke / Eze Goes To School And Lacomb Not In Use Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by mufasa(m): 2:36am On Sep 02, 2008
Please where is Eze now? I remembered he was in school.
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by sima(f): 4:58am On Sep 02, 2008
yea i know. . . but i think he was expelled or sumthing undecided
am not reli sure but i understand he doesnt go to school anymore,
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by Mustay(m): 5:38am On Sep 02, 2008
Who told y'all?
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by sima(f): 6:11am On Sep 02, 2008
i saw it on CNN n' BBC news last month . . . .
it also surprised mi too. .
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by titilaelae(f): 11:07am On Sep 02, 2008
Its true Eze was expelled from school embarassed. For some time he worked in Lagos as bus conductor and  later graduated to Agbero. Who remembers 'Mr. Giwa', the 'trader'? He pitied him and employed him as salesboy selling 'tea without sugar'.One day he took off with  his master's money and fled to Naija-Delta where he now operates as a militant. grin grin
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by sima(f): 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2008
shocked shocked shocked are u serious?? wow
i didnt even know dat. . .
u know, rumor has it dat mr giwa d trader is responsible 4 d things goin on in niger delta concerning d oil or whateva sha.,
he steals more dan half of d money earned 4rm d oil dey sold in niger delta. . .
ehm. . dis gud popular people have gone bad oo
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by Mustay(m): 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2008
sima

could you please gimme a link/
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by sima(f): 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2008
we're talkin about eze. . . .
as in d test book u read when u were in primary school about d guy EZE GOES 2 SCHOOL or sumthing grin
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by Mustay(m): 5:15am On Sep 03, 2008
I know. I don't remember reading it as a textbook anyway.
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by sima(f): 5:21am On Sep 03, 2008
i dont also remember readin it but i remember d name. . .
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by Raymond88(m): 10:40am On Sep 03, 2008
wink
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by talk2castr: 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2008
The Registry comfirmed Eze is no more in school. Take it or leave it.
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by sima(f): 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2008
i know he's no more in school. . . but he's now agbero guy
he doesnt even have a house to live in. . . lipsrsealed
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by mufasa(m): 7:39am On Sep 04, 2008
mr giwa the trader in d 9ja delta no wonder. is mallam bako with him too or in the middle east. eze returned to school in the sequel thats as far as i remember.
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by Nella(f): 11:54am On Sep 04, 2008
loool, I remember reading that book grin
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by chusben(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2008
That's not true, actually Eze went to school in Afghanistan and graduated as a militant. Presently he is on research in Niger- Delta.
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by bigboyslim(m): 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2008
I heard Eze got expelled from school, then I also heard that he won the US DV lottery and is now somewhere in houston flipping burgers at Mickey Dees
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by Mustay(m): 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2008
All speculations.
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by sima(f): 7:54pm On Sep 04, 2008
ehm. .
eze n' i dated before oo. . when things were still gud 4 em sad
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by titilaelae(f): 2:14pm On Sep 15, 2008
Eze is now married with kids. We live in the same neighbourhood. In fact he's a Nairalander.

sima:

ehm. .
eze n' i dated before oo. . when things were still good 4 em sad

shocked shocked shocked shocked Shuo? Are you the one he told me about? He said a babe he once dated fled with his dollars lipsrsealed grin
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by wildbubble(f): 5:17pm On Sep 15, 2008
eze is dead!!!!!!!!!!!! dead!!!!!!!!!!!!! pls mourn with me heheheheheheheheheh
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by Sisikill: 11:09pm On Sep 15, 2008
Yeah bubble. . . I heard he committed suicide, His agemates were getting jobs, having families. . . not Eze, it was always school for him. So one day, two weeks before the start of a new school term, Eze tore the pages of his school book, made a rope out of it and hung himself. He left a note which simply read . .

eze would rather kill self than go to school

Those who found him were almost suicidal themselves, you see they were shocked and disappointed that after all the school going, Eze had not mastered the basics of the English language. . . his note had no full stop and he started a noun with small letter.  cry
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by Sisikill: 11:17pm On Sep 15, 2008
Funny Article about Eze.  cheesy

[size=14pt]Eze Goes to School . . . and then what?[/size]

Okonkwo Adi is dead. That much is clear.

Before Okonkwo Adi died, he left an instruction that his son, Eze Adi, should continue his education. Eze and his mother went through strenuous circumstances in an effort to accomplish that goal. They had to contain with the sabotage of Okonkwo Adi’s relations who used up his wealth to give him what they called a befitting funeral in spite of Eze’s mother’s protest that the wealth would be better used for Eze’s education. Eze and his mother eked out a living, determined to fulfill that mission despite the mounting odds. When it became almost impossible, fate intervened. It led Eze’s teacher, Mr. Okafor, to shoulder the responsibility for a while. When Mr. Okafor was at the point of giving up, fate brought back soldier Wilberforce Ezeilo from Second World War and through him, Eze’s hometown of Ohia established a scholarship fund with which he continued his schooling beyond Ama and up to Obodo. At Obodo, Eze passed his Standard VI and gained admission into one of those big colleges at Onitsha.

Okonkwo Adi died following an attack by man-eating leopard. It was early in the morning when he led five other men to the farm to get food. Four of the men had machetes and spears while another man carried the group’s hoes and baskets. The ravaging leopard had held the town of Ohia hostage but Okonkwo was determined to go to the farm and harvest food for his family. On their way, when they laid down their guards and thought the leopard had gone away, it suddenly pounced on Okonkwo who was leading the group. With paws dug into Okonkwo’s body, the leopard and Okonkwo began a struggle that saw them rolling down the hill. Okonkwo screamed for help but his companions had run home under the pretext that they went to seek for help. Okonkwo managed to kill the leopard with a dagger but the beast had inflicted severe harm on him. Two days later, Okonkwo Adi died.

Following Okonkwo Adi’s death, Eze was developmentally transformed. He not only became a provider for his family, he also became a caregiver to his mother when she was ill. Eze was cracking and selling palm-kernels as a means of sustenance. He also set trap in the bush for animals, which he would sell as bush meat. His sister Ulu, who was a helping hand married a soldier and went away with her soldier husband. Eze’s uncle, Iwe, seized the forty pounds given as present to Eze’s mother as custom demanded. The elders of Ohia supported him in spite of her plea that the money should be used for Eze’s education. Eze began to hate his relatives. He would beat up their children at the slightest provocation and often refused to write letters for them unless he was paid upfront. As Eze progressed in school he became conceit. He talked down on people he met. His pride was curtailed when Chinwe, the girl his father had warned should never beat him, came first in the Standard VI examination.

Reading Eze Goes to School by Onuora Nzekwu and Michael Crowder, fourteen years after class one, many things struck me. This book, set in the 40s somewhere in Eastern Nigeria, had all the elements of the forces acting everywhere East of the Niger today. The death of Okonkwo signified the death of that progressive force in Igbo land. In fact, the very nature of his death, which bothered on betrayal by kinsmen, captured the fundamental nature of the political paralysis facing Eastern states. Until Wilberforce returned from his sojourn abroad, his land was surrounded by darkness with voices of truth silenced. He fought for progress, which culminated in Eze heading to Onitsha for college.

In the sequel to Eze Goes to School called Eze Goes to College, we saw Eze in Prince of Peace College, Onitsha. Eze was the hope and aspiration of his community. As the son of Okonkwo Adi, Eze was expected to give back to his society and shine as an example of what an ideal Igbo man should be. Eze was literally the dream of the future. If there was a man destined to change the minds of other men, it was Eze. The strong lineage through which enlightenment and Igbo Renaissance was to emerge ought to have come from Eze.

Did it happen? Where is Eze now? Are the Wilberforce Ezeilos currently abroad going to return home to champion the rejuvenation of their society? Where is Chinwe now? Did she marry another trader and bury her brilliance inside the containers coming down to Lagos from China? Would any teacher be given an opportunity in today’s Eastern Nigeria to make the kind of plea Mr. Okafor made on behalf of Eze? Sixty years after, are there still kids like Eze who would like to go to school but had tremendous odds stacked against them?

Where are Eze’s children? Do they know how Eze went to school? Are they concerned that there are children in Nigeria of today who are passing through things Eze passed through 60 years ago?

Since Eze went to school, I understand that Akin has also gone to school and so has Sani. The simple question I can’t seem to find answer to is: And then what?
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by MrInfo1(m): 12:52am On Sep 16, 2008
Wow! Chike and the River grin by by Chinua Achebe

&

Born Without a Silver Spoon . . . (My fave then) kiss
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by favcom(m): 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2008
If Eze is still attending school today, he'd be in post-doctoral class
LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2008
Lol, funny thread. grin I actually thought you guys were serious lipsrsealed
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by jummiee(f): 8:58pm On Sep 19, 2008
Sisikill:

Yeah bubble. . . I heard he committed suicide, His agemates were getting jobs, having families. . . not Eze, it was always school for him. So one day, two weeks before the start of a new school term, Eze tore the pages of his school book, made a rope out of it and hung himself. He left a note which simply read . .

eze would rather kill self than go to school

Those who found him were almost suicidal themselves, you see they were shocked and disappointed that after all the school going, Eze had not mastered the basics of the English language. . . his note had no full stop and he started a noun with small letter.  cry

LMAO

So that's what happened to Eze, we were in the same elementary school together, but i left that school for another. Poor Eze, i noticed he was always looking depressed, if i had known, i would have suggested  therapy for him.
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by tpia: 6:15am On Sep 20, 2008
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by sima(f): 6:21am On Sep 20, 2008
who remembers Koku Baboni ??
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by sima(f): 6:25am On Sep 20, 2008
titilaelae:

Are you the one he told me about? He said a babe he once dated fled with his dollars lipsrsealed grin
gurlll. . . u gotta do what u gotta do
i mean, d guy brought 600 million dollars home that night. . . what do u expect
devil doesnt exclude anyone ooO. . so d devil stole it not me but i took it back from d devil . . n' i made good use of d money
n' am not all that dangerous u know. . i left him like one thousand dollars 2 enter motor 2 police station. . . so i try nw grin
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by TOYOSI20(f): 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2008
Me thinks Eze is now married with kids,. . . . . . . . .

An can be found in the Romance section. . . . . . . . tongue cool shocked

More grease to his elbow jor. . . . . . wink
Re: When Is Eze Goin To Finish School? by Marketiva: 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2008
eze is still studying for his 2nd doctorate degree, i wonder when he will learn that the true knowledge comes from acting on what he already learnt rather than putting more burden on himself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adventures Of The Village Idiot / The Ghost In Our Compound / I Need A Content Writer And Copywriter Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.