Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Advice Fashola On Demolition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Advice Fashola On Demolition (1109 Views)

Nigerians Mock Fashola On Twitter Over Drop In Power Supply(Pics) / Photo: Shettima, Fashola On Buhari’s Entourage Before His Departure To Germany / Fashola On Live On AIT Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Fashola On Demolition by gbolah1(m): 10:10am On Sep 02, 2008
Following the insinuation that is going around now in Lagos that Gov  Babatunde fashola as order people in Jankande  estate and Ikota  Estate along Epe  road to start pack there belonging, he said the demolition of the estate will soon commence,

From my own point of view I don’t think is the best thing government should focus on now, Jakande and Ikota estate were been allocate to the evictees from Maroko,i.e  (people that there house were demolished in Maroko sandfill area),  now they still want to sent them out again.  What will be the fate of the people they will render homeless?

Please people should advise Fashola
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by abdurrazaq(m): 10:15am On Sep 02, 2008
I just hope there is a reserved site for these people. They should be adequately compensated as well.
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by Ben13: 10:21am On Sep 02, 2008
Fashola is doing a great job.
It is better he does it now, than later.
Only that some people just have to suffer it. they should pay the sacrifies, for lagos to be what it should and suppose to be.

Victims!!!, you are Heroes and Heroines of Lagos state.

Take heart, your next generation shall not suffer this because you have paid the price for them.
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by bawomolo(m): 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2008
urban planning for the first time in lagos state. good news.
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by typical: 5:10pm On Sep 02, 2008
what about all your homes on VGC?
what about all the other homes built by his mulit-millionaire friends?
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by frag(m): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hope he has a ready accommodation to relocate them to.
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by bawomolo(m): 6:17pm On Sep 02, 2008
typical:

what about all your homes on VGC?
what about all the other homes built by his mulit-millionaire friends?

those were properly planned compared to most towns/cities in lagos state.
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by ssRhino: 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2008
Any govt cld realize they have made some mistakes with how they have allocated properties and wanna change it, however, it is important that they make provision for such pple be4 such demolition commenced.
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by typical: 10:24am On Sep 03, 2008
bawomolo:

those were properly planned compared to most towns/cities in lagos state.

Those would of course be deemed to be properly planned. Every plan would be made to accommodate those but not same for poor masses homes. The Jakande homes were planned and built by a past government. The lease that any other should do is to make adequate provision for compensation and re-location of those affected, not a forced ejection of poor people who have not been suitalbly relocated or adequately compensated
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by Kobojunkie: 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2008
$$Rhino:

Any govt cld realize they have made some mistakes with how they have allocated properties and want to change it, however, it is important that they make provision for such people be4 such demolition commenced.

Precisely. More and more people are coming into Lagos by the day and majority can not yet afford Lagos living. So, yes, the government needs to provide for those dislocated by the move as well as the many homeless in the state.
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by ssRhino: 1:36pm On Sep 03, 2008
I think it is time some pple just accept the fact that lagos isnt for everyone, it is time for some to leave back for their village, i am amazed at how empty family houses are empty back in villages, and yet some of the pple that ought to occuoy them are in lagos suffering and sleeping on friend's floor, how smart is that? some of them dont even have a job in lagos, and yet their family farm is full of weeds back in da village and pple are begging white farmers to come and farm.
But the lagos govt needs to do something with displaced pple sha.
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by bawomolo(m): 2:28pm On Sep 03, 2008
move them to badagry and porto novo. jk
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2008
I can tell you this, Lagos should brace for more people to move in, in the next 2 months. From family sources back in Nigeria, more people are moving from their villages to Lagos, and not until other parts of the country start developing will be see a decline in urban migration.
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by HRhotness(f): 2:36pm On Sep 04, 2008
bawomolo:

urban planning for the first time in lagos state. good news.

Exactly!

Fashola for President jare!!!
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by SkyBlue1: 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I can tell you this, Lagos should brace for more people to move in, in the next 2 months. From family sources back in Nigeria, more people are moving from their villages to Lagos, and not until other parts of the country start developing will be see a decline in urban migration.

This seems the only way to decongest Lagos, there desperately needs to be wider spread development in Nigeria, too bad visionary leadership in almost all facets of Government including the House of reps seems to be lacking. On the other hand Lagos can use this to generate more revenue by taxation and use such to further develop the city and there definately needs to be a huge boom in highrise buildings to cope with the population issue.
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by Nigeria10: 4:14pm On Sep 04, 2008
if fashola need advice, then he should hire my firm.

1416 904 5008

nigeriamail@hotmail.com
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by Nigeria10: 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2008
No serious govt goes about demolition without a plan. What is fashola plan. He should tell us. contact me and he would be shock.

1416 904 5008

nigeriamail@hotmail.com
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by Nigeria10: 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2008
What if fashola could use the same money he is using for demolition to build public school. will that not be nice.

Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by ssRhino: 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2008
Nigeria1@;:

No serious govt goes about demolition without a plan. What is fashola plan. I am telling him. contact me and he would be shock.
1416 904 5008

nigeriamail@hotmail.com

Pls tell him that his head is losing some screws
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by Nigeria10: 1:48am On Sep 05, 2008
our schools also need to be beautiful. Over 110 children in a classroom, which is more important? the school or beautification. He should rebuild the school , that is what the people of lagos want and even God want.
Re: Advice Fashola On Demolition by forsure: 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2008
Am not sure if Fashola is on the right track if eventually he carry such massive demolition out now.

For sure I want Lagos to be a mega city but there are still more to be done before talking of mass demolition.

Truly the man need to be advise, I appreciate all the goods work the man have been doing but he need to understand Nigeria system. you can not take 10 step at ones.

I believe those are the areas his political opponent will be pointed out to campaign against him for the next election.

Fashola is good in governance but not good in politic. He needs to understand politic.

I don’t have any body in those area but I can not imagine how many people will be render homeless if such massive demolition take place.

I had that ikota was allocated to the people Raji Rasaki demolish there building in moroko but I don’t know much about Jakande. Lot of people died on that issue.

I wish him well but it will be a greatest mistake if he carry out such demolition without a proper compensation to the people that deserve it.

Already lot of market woman are complain bitterly about the way is going about the street trading, he still want to go and commit himself in massive demolition again,

Well it will be much better for him if he can take things gently.

I like the man but I can not support him for such massive demolition.

(1) (Reply)

Actor Enebili Elebuwa Stabbed In The Eye / Nigeria In D8? / Nigerian Airport Customs And The Issue Of "foodstuffs"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.