Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,011 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:25 AM

Loose Weight With Garden Eggs - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Loose Weight With Garden Eggs (13832 Views)

Detox And Loose Weight With Iaso Tea From Usa. Call/watsapp 08093576916. / Trying To Loose Weight On Cambridge Diet. / How Do I Loose Weight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by sexibabes: 4:26pm On Sep 03, 2008
please does anyone know how to make garden egg stew .i used to eat this when i was so much younger like 5-12 years old
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by AmakaOne(f): 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2008
sexibabes

how does Garden egg stew help u to loose weight?
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by AmakaOne(f): 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2008
Garden egg stew
Aubergines and courgettes could be used as substitutes for garden eggs in this dish. Suitable for vegetarians.

INGREDIENTS:
1Kg / 2Ib garden eggs (cubed)
1 large Onion
1 kg / 2Ib fresh tomatoes
l00g / 4oz fresh chillies
4 tablespoon tomato puree
150ml / 5fl oz palmoil
salt to taste

Grind the fresh tomatoes, peppers and onions. Heat oil in a clean pot and fry the ground ingredients for 10 minutes. Add tomato puree and stir in thoroughly, cook for 5 minutes until well blended; finally add the cubed garden eggs. Stir thoroughly, allow to simmer through for 15 minutes. Remove from fire and serve with boiled rice or yam.
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by sexibabes: 8:57am On Sep 09, 2008
amaka didnt u just write suitable for vegis now
dont u know food vegis eat are low in calorie and that helps u drop.thanks
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by jaydude(f): 10:03pm On Sep 09, 2008
please o,is dis d english way of making garden egg? a lot different from d way we make it where i come from n its one of our traditional meals, tomato puree in garden egg stew??
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by jaydude(f): 10:28pm On Sep 09, 2008
nd please garden eggs doesnt help 2 lose weight? it has low calories yes but it doesnt help 2 lose existing weight,
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by Flakybaby(f): 10:58pm On Sep 09, 2008
To prepare garden egg stew
Get the following:

Garden eggs
Fresh tomatoes, pepper and onions
Palm oil
Maggi, salt and atimes u might add smoked fish, crayfish (optional)

U wash and boil the garden eggs, then march wiv morta and pistol, then blend the tomatoes, pepper and onions it wont be very smooth, put the pot on fire and bleach the palm oil, then add the blended pepper allow 2 cook 4 some minutes, then u add the maggi, salt and smoked fish, then add the marched garden eggs when its properly cooked, u serve with boiled yam. Dats hw i do mine wink
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by ochenya200(f): 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2008
thanks fakebaby that is exactly how to perpare the stew. serve with only yam not rice.
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by gudsuccess: 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2008
You can also eat it with eba, fufu and pounded yam.
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by fellybabe(f): 4:39pm On Sep 14, 2008
like it with yam
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by clemcykul(f): 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2008
hate it with everything wat kinna food is dat?
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by tytylayor: 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2008
delicious with yam and rice
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by dragnet: 3:34pm On Sep 21, 2008
clemc, try it with yam & come post ur testimony hia! cheesy . . . .
why add tomato puree when u gat tomatoes in there already? undecided
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by jovi: 7:22pm On Jun 21, 2010
is the garden egg boiled for along time in this recipe?
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by PokerFace(f): 10:19pm On Jun 21, 2010
No . . .Same way you would cook any other veggie . . .
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by jovi: 10:47pm On Jun 21, 2010
Thanks poker -face but another quest, whats the best type of garden egg to use?, i used the green ones, still tasted bitter!!, or shd i use the yellowish ones?
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by PokerFace(f): 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2010
The ripe ones taste less bitter than the unripe ones. So to avoid the bitter taste, make sure they're ripe
Re: Loose Weight With Garden Eggs by charlsecy(m): 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2016
jaydude:
....garden eggs..... has low calories yes but it doesnt help 2 lose existing weight,
Error of contradiction. Any low-calorie [healthy] food should be good for weight loss.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Struggle To Get Out Of Bed In The Morning? Tips For Good Sleeping Habit / Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery / COVID-19 Update For October 10 2020 In Nigeria - (1,675 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.