Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,971 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:36 AM

Test Butchers For Hiv/aids(nigeria). - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Test Butchers For Hiv/aids(nigeria). (1960 Views)

Cancer Drugs A Cure For HIV – Says Researchers / Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / Hiv/aids: ‘nigeria 3rd Highest Infested Country’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Test Butchers For Hiv/aids(nigeria). by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2006
Nigeria Health Sector should seriously look into the issue of checking every registered butcher in the various abatoirs located in different parts of the country, for the spread of HIV/AIDS in other to reduce its transmission to the general public .

As a matter of fact, most of the Abatoirs are in a very appalling state, ministry of health and whosoever that is in charge, should do something positive towards regulating/rejuvinating it.
Re: Test Butchers For Hiv/aids(nigeria). by Seun(m): 3:12am On Jul 02, 2006
You cannot get an HIV/AIDS infection through cooked meat, even in the unlikely case that a substantial amount of the butcher's blood got into the meat before it was sold.
Re: Test Butchers For Hiv/aids(nigeria). by Mystique(f): 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2006
@ Seun:

It is unlikely, but still possible

A 10 year old boy recently tested positive to H.I.V. after buying Suya from an infected man.

~~~The man cut his finger, and the blood spilled into the meat~~~ sad
Re: Test Butchers For Hiv/aids(nigeria). by DaHitler(m): 3:14am On Jul 09, 2006
Drinking hiv infected blood alone would not give you aids. Yes, I said drinking. I am not talking about a few drops of blood that might be on your food.

What would give you the possibility of getting aids is for saliva or blood that is infected with HIV to come in contact with your own blood. So, the boy that got HIV from suya must have had a cut in his mouth or something.
Re: Test Butchers For Hiv/aids(nigeria). by Seun(m): 7:42pm On Jul 22, 2006
A 10 year old boy recently tested positive to H.I.V. after buying Suya from an infected man.
What a ridiculous story! How do you know he didn't get it from someone else?

It takes 3 months after infection to test positive. How can the boy now point to suya he ate one time as the source?
Re: Test Butchers For Hiv/aids(nigeria). by shango(m): 4:26am On Jul 24, 2006
the hausa man did juju before handing the boy the suya cheesy
Re: Test Butchers For Hiv/aids(nigeria). by bluenubian(f): 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2006
afeni u are so right, people even talked about a teacher spreading it to her students by putting it in their sobo drink, even as a kid i thot that story was so stupid and far fetched.
Re: Test Butchers For Hiv/aids(nigeria). by bluenubian(f): 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2006
and the suya story is almost impossible.

the only way the kid will have gotten AIDS from suya is if the seller had jus cut himself and the fresh blood was served to the boy ( and it need to be a substancial amount of blood). and the boy had a cut in his mouth. now the probability of this happening is very slim

(1) (Reply)

What Marijuana Does To Your Body And Brain. / How To Get Your Tummy Back After Post Child Birth / Handsome Man Turns To...... (pics) # Save A Soul (odafe)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.