Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship (2732 Views)

Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? / Is she real or pretending or under pressure? / How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by ammamat(f): 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2008
Pretending or being yourself in relationship which is the best?
I have a challenge.
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by Nella(f): 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2008
Be urself

Don't live a lie. So that if the guy manages to fall in luv with you, u would know he is in luv with YOU and not some person u are pretending to be.

But unless u are looking for something else and not a real relationship.
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by HRhotness(f): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2008
You can only pretend for so long. . . then what?
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by iice(f): 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2008
Energy wasted.
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by ssRhino: 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2008
Be yourself.
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by Nautillus(m): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2008
Seriously . . .how do someone pretend in a relationship? ? ?
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by sistawoman: 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2008
Be yourself.
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by tope2000(f): 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2008
be yourself
hate it or love it
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by ssRhino: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2008
Nautillus:

Seriously . . .how do someone pretend in a relationship? ? ?

watch nigerian movie and youwill see what babes could do, and even guys too.
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by richo(m): 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2008
i hate pretenders!!
theres this girl who used to pretend dat she cud do without me so anytime thers misunderstandin i wud be beggin her.the day i got soo pissd off i told her to get out and neva cum, she hissed and went, after 1wk and no appologies from me she started beggin screw her i neva wan2 see her ladies neva pretend pls
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by ammamat(f): 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2008
But have come to know that many guys likes girls that are pretents, they double date, full of lies.
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by olanajim(m): 1:08am On Sep 05, 2008
What is your definition of pretention? What does lying and double-dating got to do with pretending?

You see, you can be yourself and still double-date, lies. You can also pretend and tell the truth, and remain faithful to your partner. It is relative.

Whether you pretend or not, your real nature would eventually come out.

Sometime, I think it is good to pretend when you are investigating someone. It depends on the circumstance. However, I hate chamelons!
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by iice(f): 10:22am On Sep 05, 2008
Lmao ola grin
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by TOYOSI20(f): 10:45am On Sep 05, 2008
@ Topic,

I think one can only pretend for so long, . . . . . . . .

It's best to be youself. . . . . . .
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by MrCrackles(m): 10:46am On Sep 05, 2008
pretencious people would always end up losing!
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by olanajim(m): 11:03am On Sep 05, 2008
Why laugh, iice? You know, given an option between a Chamelon and a Pretender, I would honestly choose a pretender. Why? Because you will always find a pretender out if you are smart enough. But a chamellon? You must be extra-careful!

I am not supporting pretenders, but our world is full of chamelons, dangerous chamelons, more than the pretenders. Most of the harms that had been reported in relationship emanated from chamelons. They are saints and full of live. They are pleasant to us. They are angels who swept us off our feet at once. But once they found another "prey", we would be abandoned and their nature change to the new environment. Leaving us empty, foolish, cheated and used.

Who are the chamelons? The men and women who can be whatever their target want them to be and still retain their own nature! They blend easily. Love easily. Quick on the edge. Chamelons are dangerous because you may never find them out until it is too late. Chamelons don't pretend. It is just that while they are with us, they adapt to us. But once they are through with us, they change colours! They don't pretend. It is their nature to manipulate other people and still achieve their goals. I think this is why they are dangerous.

Pretenders on the other hand are just lying. A simple lie test would expose them.
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by Udyro(f): 11:08am On Sep 05, 2008
it all depends on the type of guy u dealt with. cheesy
if a lady is straightforward with a guy, he bends
if she pretends, he likes her

so some like pretentious ladies
some like the ones that being themselves.

so girls, if u meet a guy dat likes any of it, give it to him! grin grin grin
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by olanajim(m): 11:09am On Sep 05, 2008
Brash!
Pretenders don't always lose! Pretenders can tell you the truth and still hurt you. Every pretenders do it for a purpose. I think good men also pretend,

Unless you limit pretenders to the bad ones.
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by Persona82(m): 7:20pm On Sep 05, 2008
I believe we all pretend at 1 point or another. There's usually a reason. Just depends on if its Noble or Not.

Pretense is usually at the beginning of the relationship from thence further pretense is just sinister
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by ammamat(f): 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2008
Pretense is usually at the beginning of the relationship from thence further pretense is just sinister @ per lol but is not the best
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by whitelexi(m): 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2008
u dont honestly expect anyone to come out here and say pretence is their style, but it happens everyday. In a woman's case, pretence is bad as it is usually used to hide the bad aspects of behaviour. . . However, in a man, it depends on either good or bad. . . A very rich man may choose to marry someone who doesnt love him for his money therefore he may pretend to be a palm wine tapper grin
But if he uses it to hide his evil side, then it should also be discouraged.
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2008
being yourself ofcourse no matter
how you pretend, one day the real you
will show
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by k1banty(m): 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2008
pretend small at first,

then be yourself. (u can't hide the truth for long unless the other person involved is dumb)
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by olanajim(m): 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2008
Persona,
I think you are right there. Most of us pretend at the begining of r/ship. But many people don't see their own back until someone show them.

whitelexi,
rightly said.

Some guys pretend they are perfect when they meet a lady. Ladies are the greatest pretenders. Some wear make up that make the look beautiful. Once the make up are removed, one see a shadow of ugliness! Men pretend by buying gifts they know they can't afford, just to impress the ladies. Some brutes pretend to be complete gentlemen only to marry and become terror.

People said "Be yourself". But we know that many of us could not find it easy to do.

It takes courage to Be oneself. People who can do that are often unnoticed. That is why many young men and women pretend alot.
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by nana(f): 2:49pm On Sep 08, 2008
Be yourself jare
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by sas2chat4(m): 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2008
nothing could b hidden under the sun. ur pretence will definitely come to lamp light some days when u least expect it. b urself. smiley wink
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by O2nber(m): 11:12am On Sep 09, 2008
AVOID PRETENCE! dats my advice ppl. Be Your self, coz someday ur d real person in u wil definitely show nomatter how u try 2 hide them,

LEt me shar wit u my own story, I waz in a 3-month relationship with a lady, She pretended 2 b caring , loving n understanding, dat hapened when i was in schl in abk, but when i gt 2 Lagos i found out so much bout her, i mean her true self, she lied 2 me, she pretended 2 b what she's nt, U LADIES R SOO WICKED. ALL U CARE ABOUT IS THE PRESENT.
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by Persona82(m): 2:43pm On Sep 09, 2008
Avoid Pretense!!!! Forget that thing. If you make urself an open book, U'd be ridden upon. TRUST ME, I KNOW.

Even Chris Rock said it. When u meet some1, that person meets the representative of us. Basically the best we can offer. weather u like it or not u pretend. Its kinda hypocritical to think otherwise.

The problem is when people take it to a whole new level, I seen it. It works (sometimes) believe me. The truth will come out. So? It might just have been an exaggeration. Lies are different but really I must say necessary sometimes (as I've come to learn). Not the best but also not the best policy to always be truthful.

You are human. It is inherent that u pretend. Ask any1 They'll tell you I'm the most trustworthy and truthful person U'll ever meet. In truth, Na me lie pass. Brings me back to the Truth is not always ur best policy.
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by O2nber(m): 10:34am On Sep 10, 2008
@Persona82

So whats the poiint man?
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by Persona82(m): 11:07am On Sep 10, 2008
Pretense is as much a part of you as breathing.

Better used to protect yourself than to mislead others for selfish reaons
Re: Pretending Or Being Yourself In Relationship by iice(f): 6:33pm On Sep 10, 2008
I don't think you should pretend to be something you are not undecided
Am not an open book but am not closed about the kind of person i am (basic characteristics, behaviour, likes and dislikes) and it has works out well for me.

(1) (Reply)

She Almost Took My Breath Away / What Do You Girls See In Old Men / So Men Gossip Too!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.