Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Mother And Daughter. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother And Daughter. (1336 Views)

DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? / PHOTO: Mother And Daughter Gives Birth Same Week For The Same Man / (Pic) Mother And Son Bathing Together; Motherly Love Or Child Abuse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother And Daughter. by mamaput(f): 8:56am On Jul 03, 2006
Yesterday my daughter woke me up at 7am to tell me she is going to visit her friend in the hospital. Still very sleepy i allowed her to go. Later i found out her friend had passed out in the Disco from too much drinking she had 1,1 promil in her blood.
At 12 O'Clock she came home and said she was going swimming and her friend that was in the hospital was going with her. I was pissed and phoned the girl to tell her to stay home and rest.
I waspissed that that morning after the hospital visit my daughter went to have breakfast with a boy in the park .
At about 10pm she was not home so i was more pissed i called she said she was on her way.
10.30 pm i called again , i called every 10 Min's .
At 11.30 she came home in a car i opened the window and asked her the time.
Now she was pissed that i embarrassed her so much telling me those guys will never take her out again.
Now she wanted to test her limits and i wanted to show her her limits.
There are only a few laws in this house .Under the week be home by 10.
You go out the whole day or the whole night but not from morning to night.
Weekend do what you want.
later the boy phoned her i heard her telling him i think she is still a child.

But i have warned her i cannot stop her from doing what she wants do do but i can make it hard for her.
But i find me asking myself did i go too far.

Most of her friends drink , smoke and sleep around. They are rude to their parents and have no regard.
And i have warned her she can only meet the stupid boys with them.
But I seem to have forgotten i too went out with loads of boys at that age but i was not sleeping with them or having a boyfriend. They were just friends.

I hated it when my mum started thinking otherwise now am doing the same.
Most of my friends were also "Badguys" but that did not make me be like them.
So what am i worried about.?
Re: Mother And Daughter. by mamaput(f): 9:10am On Jul 03, 2006
PS

I am not woried about who the girlfriend my daughter are am more worried about who she will pick as a boyfriend.
I forgot my question .
Did i overreact.
The boys here will you stop going out with a girl (girlfrind or not) because her mum is always calling.

Ps sss

I only do that if she dose not abied to the rules she knows if its going to be longer she needs to call and tell me. Thats a law that even the last born knows
Re: Mother And Daughter. by mrmayor(m): 9:41am On Jul 03, 2006
Mamaput,

Its unfortunate your daughter does not realize you are looking out for her,doing your dutyas a mother to protect her.I'll advice you to keep talking to her the best way you can,If there is anybody whom she has a lot of respect for get them talk to her.
She should count herself lucky she is not in Naija,she would have got some serious A$$ whopping,12 strokes from Naija Taliban would teach her not to stay out past 10pm.

Take am easy jare,e go better.

Cheers
Re: Mother And Daughter. by sammyjl(f): 7:13am On Sep 05, 2007
I think the hardest job in the world is being a parent, especially if your child misbehaves like crazy, it makes u to almost go mad.

There's so much that can be done, but if it doesnt work, she'll have to face the consequence. i believe in prevention is better than cure. If your daughter has a hard head and wont listen to you, well i'm sorry for you. Pray for her talk to her and if possible send her to boot camp where she'll learn to appreciate you and your love.

Goodluck
Re: Mother And Daughter. by BABEELOVE(f): 7:24am On Sep 05, 2007
Dear Mamaput! You did not over-react, for it is natural to worry.  But I beg gather courage.  Just keep her close to you.  Those boys no dey tire oh!  She will have to learn the hard way and all you can do is love and support her, like I do mine.  My parents left me alone when I did not listen---and boy, did I learn.  Just do your part and leave the rest.  What is the worst that can happen?---------just be brave for the worst, and the best usally happens.  You just deal with it as a mother.  I have made up my mind that no kid of mine will send me to an early grave.  Just advise and guide lovingly----no be fight matter oh---No be western world we dey?  Don't push her away.  This is a very delicate stage in her life. kiss

Goodluck! kiss
Re: Mother And Daughter. by McDoe(m): 8:57am On Sep 05, 2007
Protect your own mamaput. As far as she is still under your roof, she has no absolute freedom. She either obey you or choose the way that pleases her; but then, she would have made up her mind to leave your "bunk". Period. Therefore, the issue of over-reaction shouldn't arise at all
Re: Mother And Daughter. by BABEELOVE(f): 9:12am On Sep 05, 2007
McDoe:

Protect your own mamaput. As far as she is still under your roof, she has no absolute freedom. She either obey you or choose the way that pleases her; but then, she would have made up her mind to leave your "bunk". Period. Therefore, the issue of over-reaction shouldn't arise at all

Easier said than done!!!!

pickin when them carry for hand no know sey to waka hard!!!!

A beg mamaput, if the omoge decides to get knocked up, just prepare extra space in your house for early grandmotherhood like my parents did for me. tongue  Just do you best sha.
Re: Mother And Daughter. by mamaput(f): 8:42am On Sep 06, 2007
This old post? i had forgotten it.
anyway the problems of then are over i have won the battle.
People that stay in school leave the dropouts beheind them and make new friends(facts of life)
They are at an age were some dropout, others move on all stick to their kind.
Mums to mums, students to students workers to workers.
Anyway its not yet time for me to be a grandma. But if that happens i will make space in my house.
Re: Mother And Daughter. by BABEELOVE(f): 10:00am On Sep 06, 2007
Praise the lord!!!! wink

(1) (Reply)

How Well Do You Know Your Spouse? / Molested. / World's Most Expensive Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.