Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida (1743 Views)

2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year / 18ft Python Killed In Florida (Pics) / Woman Blames Husband For Obama’s Reelection, Runs Him Over With Her Jeep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Kobojunkie: 7:19am On Sep 06, 2008
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/AP/story/673338.html

The Associated Press

MIAMI -- Hillary Clinton plans to campaign for presidential candidate Barack Obama in Florida next week.

The former rival for the Democratic nomination is one of several women who will vouch for Obama in coming days. This comes in the wake of Sarah Palin being named John McCain's running mate on the Republican ticket. The GOP hopes Palin will put some female voters in play.

Clinton is set to arrive in the Sunshine State on Monday, but it wasn't immediately announced where she'll be speaking

After all that woman was put through, she chooses to come again?? ROFLMAO!!! That woman must love being in focus, good or bad, it's all good , LMAO!!
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by NegroNtns(m): 8:17am On Sep 06, 2008
Hurricane Ike is coming there too to campaign for nature. In this battle, nature wins! grin

Hillary is doing it for preservation. A republican presidency will snatch congressional control from Dems. She has plans to lay the ground for 2012 and she will be more effective doing that when her party is in controlof senate. Obama is going to adopt her health plan and make it national if he wins. So either way it goes, she is best served with an Obama win this time around.

On a different note, there is not much that should be expected of her afterthe way she was treated by Pelossi, Reed and Dean. They bleeped up the party. All those gains that the Clintons accumulated for political credibility, they squandered it all.

Look, if it was possible for Bush to run against Obama, I wonder if they would be running neck to neck in polls. Its almost like he is running against Bush. He himself called McCain an extension of Bush. So why are his results so poor when his opponent is, by extension, Bush?
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by SeanT21(f): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2008
Let her do that. In the meantime, Campaign in Puerto Rico also.

Don't bother Campaigning in W.VA. There are buch of rednecks out there.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by darfur(m): 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2008
let her go and hang tongue who wants her?
the witch get plans, another woman (palin) is coming to reap where she sowed. but it's her fault, her persistence despite overwhelming evidence that she'll loose the primaries, is what tore the party into two, a division that will last about a decade. b/c of that division McCain is likely to win this election and a woman was chosen just to take up hillary's place in the heart of her yeye supporters.

if john wins, palin may well be the next big thing in politics and that would push the witch (hillary) deep into the waters of political oblivion, and she doesnt want that. let her and her priapic bill go and drown abeg.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by darfur(m): 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2008
i have a pathologic hatred for that woman grin
i cant hide it cool
and i dont want to hide it anyway tongue

my excitement the day she lost the primaries will last me a few yrs. cheesy

regardless of 4th nov grin
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by savanaha: 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2008
darfur:

i[b] have a pathologic hatred for that woman [/b] grin
i can't hide it cool
and i don't want to hide it anyway tongue

my excitement the day she lost the primaries will last me a few years. cheesy

regardless of 4th nov grin

That was amazingly funny.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by darfur(m): 10:03pm On Sep 06, 2008
my dear laugh abeg cheesy

man no die man no rotten (but make the witch hang grin )
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by SeanT21(f): 10:08pm On Sep 06, 2008
darfur:

my dear laugh abeg cheesy

man no die man no rotten (but make the witch hang grin )

why so much hate for her?
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by darfur(m): 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2008
i dont know for sure grin

that is why it is called pathologic hatred.
another way to describe the hatred may have been idiopathic hatred, meaning, hatred of unknown origin cheesy . . . but hatred all the same grin
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by savanaha: 10:17pm On Sep 06, 2008
SeanT21:

why so much hate for her?

I can understand where he is coming from. Even though this is all politricks she is too cut throat which is a typical "am he only woman in my field' syndrome. It saddens me to say this but she say and do whatever it takes to win and she is a sore loser. She was asked what she will do about her (racist) voters who, are angry with Obama because she lost to him, want to vote for McCain and she said "I am doing all I can." With the most sinical look on her face.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by SeanT21(f): 10:20pm On Sep 06, 2008
darfur:

i don't know for sure grin

that is why it is called pathologic hatred.
another way to describe the hatred may have been idiopathic hatred, meaning, hatred of unknown origin cheesy . . . but hatred all the same grin

HAHA!! OKAY!!!

savanaha:

I can understand where he is coming from. Even though this is all politricks she is too cut throat which is a typical "am he only woman in my field' syndrome. It saddens me to say this but she say and do whatever it takes to win and she is a sore loser. She was asked what she will do about her (racist) voters who, are angry with Obama because she lost to him, want to vote for McCain and she said "I am doing all I can." With the most sinical look on her face.

I really think she wants Obama to loose but God is not gonna let it happen.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by onyinye2(f): 10:26pm On Sep 06, 2008
SeanT21:

I really think she wants Obama to loose but God is not going to let it happen.
The World wants Obama to loose. Power corrupts all those who inhabit it. Obama is viewed as a Saint. Someone who will bring change to the residents of U.S.A. If by a chance he is voted into office, power will slip its spell unto him. It happens to everybody. See Martin Luther King Jr. A man of great honor. A man who helped his people to finally be able to reach that American Dream. A man who held much power unto his name. A man who committed adultery time and time again. A man who took advantaged of his name, and used it for his pleasure. If it can happen{corruptness} to Martin, it will surely happen to Obama.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by SeanT21(f): 10:28pm On Sep 06, 2008
onyinye2:

The World wants Obama to loose. Power corrupts all those who inhabit it. Obama is viewed as a Saint. Someone who will bring change to the residents of USA. If by a chance he is voted into office, power will slip its spell unto him. It happens to everybody. See Martin Luther King Jr. A man of great honor. A man who helped his people to finally be able to reach that American Dream. A man who held much power unto his name. A man who committed adultery time and time again. A man who took advantaged of his name, and used it for his pleasure. If it can happen{corruptness} to Martin, it will surely happen to Obama.

WHO? MLK?
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by onyinye2(f): 10:30pm On Sep 06, 2008
SeanT21:

WHO? MLK?
Everybody knows that MLK had sidelines underneath his wings.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by savanaha: 10:31pm On Sep 06, 2008
onyinye2:

He also plagerized.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by SeanT21(f): 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2008
onyinye2:

WOW. This is the first time I read this. Source Please!!!
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by onyinye2(f): 10:36pm On Sep 06, 2008
savanaha:

He also plagerized.
Not necessarily. He was a man of wisdom. And a man of wisdom understands that to become wise, you must learn the lessons of others. Use their lives of pain, triumph, and prevail as a reference that they too could reach what they only dreamed of.

SeanT21:

WOW. This is the first time I read this. Source Please!!!
Read any MLK autobiography that was printed recently, and you will find your source. All who inhabit power, can and will be trapped into its spell of lies, deceit, and corruptness.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by savanaha: 10:39pm On Sep 06, 2008
onyinye2:

Not necessarily. He was a man of wisdom. And a man of wisdom understands that to become wise, you must learn the lessons of others. Use their lives of pain, triumph, and prevail as a reference that they too could reach what they only dreamed of.

Yup for a fact he plagerized. From when he was in theology school and did his thesis to when he made the speech. We extensively talked about this in my African American Histroy class. The issue no is that does the fact that he plagerized detract anything from his 'greatness'
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by SeanT21(f): 10:44pm On Sep 06, 2008
Damn. I never knew all this. I respected this man so much now I am confused.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by NegroNtns(m): 11:43pm On Sep 06, 2008
let her go and hang who wants her?

Obama needs her. You talk as if he alrready secured the Oval Office. Are you going by polls?

Even if as polls indicate Obama wins the popular vote, just assuming okay, ; he still needs Hillary. He will need Hillary untill his opponent concede the election. You all are focusing too much on the poll numbers and what they mean for popular votes. Presidential election is not declared on popular vote. It is electoral votes!!!. So Hillary can still Bleep up his chances with her loyalists during electoral vote. Open your eyes Democrats and recognize the power and influence that both Bill and Hillary have on Obama's victory into the White House.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On Sep 06, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Obama needs her. You talk as if he alrready secured the Oval Office. Are you going by polls?

Even if as polls indicate Obama wins the popular vote, just assuming okay, ; he still needs Hillary. He will need Hillary untill his opponent concede the election. You all are focusing too much on the poll numbers and what they mean for popular votes. Presidential election is not declared on popular vote. It is electoral votes!!!. So Hillary can still mess up his chances with her loyalists during electoral vote. Open your eyes Democrats and recognize the power and influence that both Bill and Hillary have on Obama's victory into the White House.

I think the article does make it clear that even after all the venom during the primaries, Obama does believe he needs her to win the white house. I am not anti-hillary, just that I do not share her views and I definitely do not want to see her back on the screens for a long while. I was hoping we have seen the last of her for this election.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by bawomolo(m): 12:33am On Sep 07, 2008
obama does need the female supporters of hillary to side with him rather than an "inspiration" in sarah palin. nancy pelosi is supposed to campaign for him too.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by darfur(m): 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Even if as polls indicate Obama wins the popular vote, just assuming okay, ; he still needs Hillary. He will need Hillary untill his opponent concede the election. You all are focusing too much on the poll numbers and what they mean for popular votes. Presidential election is not declared on popular vote. It is electoral votes!!!. So Hillary can still mess up his chances with her loyalists during electoral vote. Open your eyes Democrats and recognize the power and influence that both Bill and Hillary have on Obama's victory into the White House.

let her go and hang. i hate her angry . let obama loose, i dont care, i just dont want a scenario where that witch would claim ownership of an obama victory.

Kobojunkie:

I think the article does make it clear that even after all the venom during the primaries, Obama does believe he needs her to win the white house. I am not anti-hillary, just that I do not share her views and I definitely do not want to see her back on the screens for a long while. I was hoping we have seen the last of her for this election.

eeeeh cheesy ,

alleluya chim lee
jehovah chim imeela
ebe imere kobojunkie echegharia
a ga m aturu gi mmamma
cheesy
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Sep 07, 2008
bawomolo:

obama does need the female supporters of hillary to side with him rather than an "inspiration" in sarah palin. nancy pelosi is supposed to campaign for him too.

Oh! To me this is weakness. Any non-sexist out there would have known from day one that there is no way woman would vote for palin just because she is female. So thinking hillary supporters, some of whom are actually men, would side with Palin is just idiotic. For one palin and hillary are polar opposites. The two women, apart from sharing similar anatomical equipment, have nothing else in common. I know some like to delude themselves with the idea that the palin choice was all about getting hillary's supporters but we are not talking zombies here but actual people who went to hillary's side for one reason or another. Palin was more for the conservative right.

As much as I would have loved Mitt Romney on the ticket, we understand that when it comes to views, his stance on abortion would have been a question mark till election day and that may not do it for the conservative side.

I could go on and on on how palin seems a better fit for McCain than the others who have been at the top of the list for weeks, but reality is, if one actually studies these people, it is sort of clear to see that Palin is a sensible choice and in his war against ridiculous pork spending, she wins. As a Governor, ofcourse money of any kind would be appreciated to help tackle state problems. She did accept pork money,but I read that she did use it for other projects which the state needed funding for rather than for useless projects. I wait to be proven wrong on this.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I could go on and on on how palin seems a better fit for McCain than the others who have been at the top of the list for weeks, but reality is, if one actually studies these people, it is sort of clear to see that Palin is a sensible choice and in his war against ridiculous pork spending, she wins.

Very ridiculous when you consider this . . .

Kobojunkie:

[size=14pt]As a Governor, ofcourse money of any kind would be appreciated to help tackle state problems. She did accept pork money[/size],but I read that she did use it for other projects which the state needed funding for rather than for useless projects. I wait to be proven wrong on this.

So which is which? She LIED at the convention that she didnt accept pork money or not?
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Kobojunkie: 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2008
Culled from the huffington Post

[size=15pt]Sarah Palin's RNC Convention Speech [/size]

And I accept the privilege of serving with a man who has come through much harder missions ,  and met far graver challenges ,  and knows how tough fights are won - the next president of the United States, John S. McCain.

It was just a year ago when all the experts in Washington counted out our nominee because he refused to hedge his commitment to the security of the country he loves.
With their usual certitude, they told us that all was lost - there was no hope for this candidate who said that he would rather lose an election than see his country lose a war.
But the pollsters and pundits overlooked just one thing when they wrote him off.

They overlooked the caliber of the man himself - the determination, resolve, and sheer guts of Senator John McCain. The voters knew better.
And maybe that's because they realize there is a time for politics and a time for leadership ,  a time to campaign and a time to put our country first.
Our nominee for president is a true profile in courage, and people like that are hard to come by.

He's a man who wore the uniform of this country for 22 years, and refused to break faith with those troops in Iraq who have now brought victory within sight.
And as the mother of one of those troops, that is exactly the kind of man I want as commander in chief. I'm just one of many moms who'll say an extra prayer each night for our sons and daughters going into harm's way.

Our son Track is 19.

And one week from tomorrow - September 11th - he'll deploy to Iraq with the Army infantry in the service of his country.
My nephew Kasey also enlisted, and serves on a carrier in the Persian Gulf.

My family is proud of both of them and of all the fine men and women serving the country in uniform. Track is the eldest of our five children.
In our family, it's two boys and three girls in between - my strong and kind-hearted daughters Bristol, Willow, and Piper.

And in April, my husband Todd and I welcomed our littlest one into the world, a perfectly beautiful baby boy named Trig. From the inside, no family ever seems typical.
That's how it is with us.

Our family has the same ups and downs as any other ,  the same challenges and the same joys.
Sometimes even the greatest joys bring challenge.

And children with special needs inspire a special love.

To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters.
I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House. Todd is a story all by himself.

He's a lifelong commercial fisherman ,  a production operator in the oil fields of Alaska's North Slope ,  a proud member of the United Steel Workers' Union ,  and world champion snow machine racer.

Throw in his Yup'ik Eskimo ancestry, and it all makes for quite a package.
We met in high school, and two decades and five children later he's still my guy. My Mom and Dad both worked at the elementary school in our small town.
And among the many things I owe them is one simple lesson: that this is America, and every woman can walk through every door of opportunity.

My parents are here tonight, and I am so proud to be the daughter of Chuck and Sally Heath. Long ago, a young farmer and habber-dasher from Missouri followed an unlikely path to the vice presidency.

A writer observed: "We grow good people in our small towns, with honesty, sincerity, and dignity." I know just the kind of people that writer had in mind when he praised Harry Truman.
I grew up with those people.

They are the ones who do some of the hardest work in America ,  who grow our food, run our factories, and fight our wars.

They love their country, in good times and bad, and they're always proud of America. I had the privilege of living most of my life in a small town.

I was just your average hockey mom, and signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids' public education better.

When I ran for city council, I didn't need focus groups and voter profiles because I knew those voters, and knew their families, too.

Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska, I was mayor of my hometown.

And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves.

I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities. I might add that in small towns, we don't quite know what to make of a candidate who lavishes praise on working people when they are listening, and then talks about how bitterly they cling to their religion and guns when those people aren't listening.

We tend to prefer candidates who don't talk about us one way in Scranton and another way in San Francisco.

As for my running mate, you can be certain that wherever he goes, and whoever is listening, John McCain is the same man. I'm not a member of the permanent political establishment.< br>
And I've learned quickly, these past few days, that if you're not a member in good standing of the Washington elite, then some in the media consider a candidate unqualified for that reason alone.

But here's a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion - I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country. Americans expect us to go to Washington for the right reasons, and not just to mingle with the right people.

Politics isn't just a game of clashing parties and competing interests.

The right reason is to challenge the status quo, to serve the common good, and to leave this nation better than we found it.

No one expects us to agree on everything.
But we are expected to govern with integrity, good will, clear convictions, and ,  a servant's heart.

I pledge to all Americans that I will carry myself in this spirit as vice president of the United States. This was the spirit that brought me to the governor's office, when I took on the old politics as usual in Juneau ,  when I stood up to the special interests, the lobbyists, big oil companies, and the good-ol' boys network.

Sudden and relentless reform never sits well with entrenched interests and power brokers. That's why true reform is so hard to achieve.
But with the support of the citizens of Alaska, we shook things up.

And in short order we put the government of our state back on the side of the people.

I came to office promising major ethics reform, to end the culture of self-dealing. And today, that ethics reform is the law.
While I was at it, I got rid of a few things in the governor's office that I didn't believe our citizens should have to pay for.

That luxury jet was over the top. I put it on eBay.
I also drive myself to work.

And I thought we could muddle through without the governor's personal chef - although I've got to admit that sometimes my kids sure miss her. I came to office promising to control spending - by request if possible and by veto if necessary.

Senator McCain also promises to use the power of veto in defense of the public interest - and as a chief executive, I can assure you it works.
Our state budget is under control.

We have a surplus.

And I have protected the taxpayers by vetoing wasteful spending: nearly half a billion dollars in vetoes.

I suspended the state fuel tax, and championed reform to end the abuses of earmark spending by Congress.
I told the Congress "thanks, but no thanks," for that Bridge to Nowhere.

If our state wanted a bridge, we'D build it ourselves. When oil and gas prices went up dramatically, and filled up the state treasury, I sent a large share of that revenue back where it belonged - directly to the people of Alaska.

And despite fierce opposition from oil company lobbyists, who kind of liked things the way they were, we broke their monopoly on power and resources.
As governor, I insisted on competition and basic fairness to end their control of our state and return it to the people.

I fought to bring about the largest private-sector infrastructure project in North American history.

And when that deal was struck, we began a nearly forty billion dollar natural gas pipeline to help lead America to energy independence.

That pipeline, when the last section is laid and its valves are opened, will lead America one step farther away from dependence on dangerous foreign powers that do not have our interests at heart.

The stakes for our nation could not be higher.

When a hurricane strikes in the Gulf of Mexico, this country should not be so dependent on imported oil that we are forced to draw from our Strategic Petroleum Reserve.
And families cannot throw away more and more of their paychecks on gas and heating oil.

With Russia wanting to control a vital pipeline in the Caucasus, and to divide and intimidate our European allies by using energy as a weapon, we cannot leave ourselves at the mercy of foreign suppliers.

To confront the threat that Iran might seek to cut off nearly a fifth of world energy supplies ,  or that terrorists might strike again at the Abqaiq facility in Saudi Arabia ,  or that Venezuela might shut off its oil deliveries ,  we Americans need to produce more of our own oil and gas.

And take it from a girl who knows the North Slope of Alaska: we've got lots of both.
Our opponents say, again and again, that drilling will not solve all of America's energy problems - as if we all didn't know that already.

But the fact that drilling won't solve every problem is no excuse to do nothing at all.
Starting in January, in a McCain-Palin administration, we're going to lay more pipelines ,  build more new-clear plants ,  create jobs with clean coal ,  and move forward on solar, wind, geothermal, and other alternative sources.

We need American energy resources, brought to you by American ingenuity, and produced by American workers. I've noticed a pattern with our opponent.
Maybe you have, too.

We've all heard his dramatic speeches before devoted followers.
And there is much to like and admire about our opponent.

But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate.
This is a man who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting, and never use the word "victory" except when he's talking about his own campaign. But when the cloud of rhetoric has passed ,  when the roar of the crowd fades away ,  when the stadium lights go out, and those Styrofoam Greek columns are hauled back to some studio lot - what exactly is our opponent's plan? What does he actually seek to accomplish, after he's done turning back the waters and healing the planet? The answer is to make government bigger ,  take more of your money ,  give you more orders from Washington ,  and to reduce the strength of America in a dangerous world. America needs more energy ,  our opponent is against producing it.

Victory in Iraq is finally in sight ,  he wants to forfeit.
Terrorist states are seeking new-clear weapons without delay ,  he wants to meet them without preconditions.
Al Qaeda terrorists still plot to inflict catastrophic harm on America ,  he's worried that someone won't read them their rights? Government is too big ,  he wants to grow it.

Congress spends too much ,  he promises more.
Taxes are too high ,  he wants to raise them. His tax increases are the fine print in his economic plan, and let me be specific.

The Democratic nominee for president supports plans to raise income taxes ,  raise payroll taxes ,  raise investment income taxes ,  raise the death tax ,  raise business taxes ,  and increase the tax burden on the American people by hundreds of billions of dollars. My sister Heather and her husband have just built a service station that's now opened for business - like millions of others who run small businesses.

How are they going to be any better off if taxes go up? Or maybe you're trying to keep your job at a plant in Michigan or Ohio ,  or create jobs with clean coal from Pennsylvania or West Virginia ,  or keep a small farm in the family right here in Minnesota.

How are you going to be better off if our opponent adds a massive tax burden to the American economy? Here's how I look at the choice Americans face in this election.
In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers.

And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change.

They're the ones whose names appear on laws and landmark reforms, not just on buttons and banners, or on self-designed presidential seals.

Among politicians, there is the idealism of high-flown speechmaking, in which crowds are stirringly summoned to support great things.

And then there is the idealism of those leaders, like John McCain, who actually do great things. They're the ones who are good for more than talk ,  the ones we have always been able to count on to serve and defend America. Senator McCain's record of actual achievement and reform helps explain why so many special interests, lobbyists, and comfortable committee chairmen in Congress have fought the prospect of a McCain presidency - from the primary election of 2000 to this very day.

Our nominee doesn't run with the Washington herd.

He's a man who's there to serve his country, and not just his party.

A leader who's not looking for a fight, but is not afraid of one either. Harry Reid, the Majority Leader of the current do-nothing Senate, not long ago summed up his feelings about our nominee.
He said, quote, "I can't stand John McCain." Ladies and gentlemen, perhaps no accolade we hear this week is better proof that we've chosen the right man. Clearly what the Majority Leader was driving at is that he can't stand up to John McCain. That is only one more reason to take the maverick of the Senate and put him in the White House. My fellow citizens, the American presidency is not supposed to be a journey of "personal discovery." This world of threats and dangers is not just a community, and it doesn't just need an organizer.

And though both Senator Obama and Senator Biden have been going on lately about how they are always, quote, "fighting for you," let us face the matter squarely.

There is only one man in this election who has ever really fought for you ,  in places where winning means survival and defeat means death ,  and that man is John McCain. In our day, politicians have readily shared much lesser tales of adversity than the nightmare world in which this man, and others equally brave, served and suffered for their country.

It's a long way from the fear and pain and squalor of a six-by-four cell in Hanoi to the Oval Office.

But if Senator McCain is elected president, that is the journey he will have made.

It's the journey of an upright and honorable man - the kind of fellow whose name you will find on war memorials in small towns across this country, only he was among those who came home.
To the most powerful office on earth, he would bring the compassion that comes from having once been powerless ,  the wisdom that comes even to the captives, by the grace of God ,  the special confidence of those who have seen evil, and seen how evil is overcome. A fellow prisoner of war, a man named Tom Moe of Lancaster, Ohio, recalls looking through a pin-hole in his cell door as Lieutenant Commander John McCain was led down the hallway, by the guards, day after day.

As the story is told, "When McCain shuffled back from torturous interrogations, he would turn toward Moe's door and flash a grin and thumbs up" - as if to say, "We're going to pull through this." My fellow Americans, that is the kind of man America needs to see us through these next four years.

For a season, a gifted speaker can inspire with his words.

For a lifetime, John McCain has inspired with his deeds.

If character is the measure in this election ,  and hope the theme ,  and change the goal we share, then I ask you to join our cause. Join our cause and help America elect a great man as the next president of the United States.

Thank you all, and may God bless America.

Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 07, 2008
1. That was the STORY Palin told, certainly not the entire truth but what she wanted gullible people, who didnt know her 2 weeks ago and cant be bothered to verify the claims they trumpet around, to hear.

2. I can quote too, not STORIES but FACTS.

NYT

She didn’t say “no thanks” to the “Bridge to Nowhere” until after Congress had already abandoned it but given Alaska a blank check for $223 million in taxpayers’ money anyway. Far from rejecting federal pork, she hired lobbyists to secure her town a disproportionate share of earmarks ($1,000 per resident in 2002, 20 times the per capita average in other states). Though McCain claimed “she has had national security as one of her primary responsibilities,” she has never issued a single command as head of the Alaska National Guard. As for her “executive experience” as mayor, she told her hometown paper in Wasilla, Alaska, in 1996, the year of her election: “It’s not rocket science. It’s $6 million and 53 employees.” Her much-advertised crusade against officials abusing their office is now compromised by a bipartisan ethics investigation into charges that she did the same.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2008
You say you lied at the convention when she said she did spend a large share of it on alaska and not the bridge. Is this the lie?
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2008
More quotes too . . . maybe gullible people should read before they just make claims:

Palin "bridge to nowhere" line angers many Alaskans

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Reuters) - It garnered big applause in her first speech as Republican John McCain's vice presidential pick, but Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's assertion that she rejected Congressional funds for the so-called "bridge to nowhere" has upset many Alaskans.

During her first speech after being named as McCain's surprise pick as a running mate, Palin said she had told Congress "'thanks but no thanks' on that bridge to nowhere."

[size=14pt]In the city Ketchikan, the planned site of the so-called "Bridge to Nowhere," political leaders of both parties said the claim was false and a betrayal of their community, because she had supported the bridge and the earmark for it secured by Alaska's Congressional delegation during her run for governor.[/size]

The bridge, a span from the city to Gravina Island, home to only a few dozen people, [size=14pt]secured a $223 million earmark in 2005. The pricey designation raised a furor and critics, including McCain, used the bridge as an example of wasteful federal spending on politicians' pet projects.[/size]

When she was running for governor in 2006, Palin said she was insulted by the term "bridge to nowhere," according to Ketchikan Mayor Bob Weinstein, a Democrat, and Mike Elerding, a Republican who was Palin's campaign coordinator in the southeast Alaska city.

"People are learning that she pandered to us by saying, I'm for this' , and then when she found it was politically advantageous for her nationally, abruptly she starts using the very term that she said was insulting," Weinstein said.

Palin's spokeswoman in Alaska was not immediately available to comment.

National fury over the bridge caused Congress to remove the earmark designation, but Alaska was still granted an equivalent amount of transportation money to be used at its own discretion.

The state, however, never gave back any of the money that was originally earmarked for the Gravina Island bridge, said Weinstein and Elerding.

In fact, the Palin administration has spent "tens of millions of dollars" in federal funds to start building a road on Gravina Island that is supposed to link up to the yet-to-be-built bridge, Weinstein said.

"She said 'thanks but no thanks,' but they kept the money," said Elerding about her applause line.

A press release issued by the governor on September 21, 2007 said she decided to cancel state work on the project because of rising cost estimates.

"It's clear that Congress has little interest in spending any more money on a bridge between Ketchikan and Gravina Island," Palin said in the news release. "Much of the public's attitude toward Alaska bridges is based on inaccurate portrayals of the projects here."

What a "reformer"!
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

You say you lied at the convention when she said she did spend a large share of it on alaska and not the bridge. Is this the lie?

you're deliberately misrepresenting my question . . . here it is again in bold -

She LIED at the convention that she didnt accept pork money or not?

You said she "wins when it comes to rejecting pork barrel spending, is that true or not?
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Sep 07, 2008
davidylan:

you're deliberately misrepresenting my question . . . here it is again in bold -

She LIED at the convention that she didnt accept pork money or not?

You said she "wins when it comes to rejecting pork barrel spending, is that true or not?

I am sorry but you may consider that you may be the one misrepresenting my post here. Where did I say she wins when it comes to rejecting pork barrel spending BECAUSE SHE DID NOT ACCEPT PORK? All you have done is show that she did take pork, which is clearly stated in my response above and she did apply it to her state, which is clearly stated by moi above.

I posted her very words for you to read yourself since you claim she lied. I I posted up there her speech. Please answer the question or accept that you may need to READ well next time before you jump.
Re: Hillary Clinton To Campaign For Obama In Florida by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry but you may consider that you may be the one misrepresenting my post here. Where did I say she wins when it comes to rejecting pork barrel spending BECAUSE SHE DID NOT ACCEPT PORK?

I didnt misrepresent your post at all, infact my first post here was not to make a claim but to ASK YOU to reconcile a subtle discrepancy in your own post thus:

1. it is sort of clear to see that Palin is a sensible choice and in his war against ridiculous pork spending, she wins.

and . . .

2. She did accept pork money

How does Sarah Palin win on the basis of McCain's opposition to pork barrel spending (such spending including Palin's request for money on the bridge to nowhere) when she actively hired lobbyists to request pork money from congress which even you acknowledge?

Kobojunkie:

I posted her very words for you to read yourself since you claim she lied. Please answer the question or accept that you may need to READ well next time before you jump.

. . . and i also posted the TRUTH which of course she cleverly skirted around as is expected of a politician.

. . . there is no question for me to answer here. Dont make claims you cant substantiate next time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The $5million 25 Bedroom Mansion Of Robert Mugabe Of Zimbabwe / Tory Lanez Ft. Chris Brown - The Take (mp3 + Video) / Watch TB Joshua Prophesied That Russia Will Win Ukraine War But Suffer Economi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.