Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? (8246 Views)

Poll: Have you ever seen or heard of a Hausa/Fulani hustling abroad?

Yes: 16% (15 votes)
No: 69% (64 votes)
Indifferent: 14% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Oldest Woman Ever Seen At A Polling Unit (photo) / Boko Haram Is NOT A Hausa/Fulani Phenomenon, It Is A Kanuri Thing / At Times I Feel Ashamed As A Hausa Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by congoshine(m): 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2008
I stand to be corrected,please let me know.

Shows they're really comfortable the way things are.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by RibaduFan(m): 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2008
when did complacency become a virture?
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by congoshine(m): 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2008
yemmyse:

when did complacency become a virture?

Huh?

Just NIKE my friend!
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by bilymuse: 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2008
watin concern Mallam Bahushe with hustling, margarine no be dog food

To the average hausa man the world start and end in the north. They are so blinded by their ignorance that they believe God is an hausa man. Their blind arrogance is reflected in the plate number of Sokoto state, " the right to rule".
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by naijaking1: 2:01pm On Sep 06, 2008
bilymuse:

To the average hausa man the world start and end in the north. They are so blinded by their ignorance that they believe God is an hausa man. Their blind arrogance is reflected in the plate number of Sokoto state, " the right to rule".

People that used the Tivs, Nupes, and Yorubas to win the civil war, succeeded in changing the natural demographics of Nigeria by manipulating the census, forcing many southerners into self imposed economic/political exile; and you still think they are blinded by ignorance? Think again, maybe its you and me(southerners) who are ignorant and stupid.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by littlekim(f): 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2008
@Naijaking

Wisdom is a funny thing, it often show up in funny unexpected places. It just showed up in ur post. Keep it up (hopefully).

For a southern, u re extremely bright.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by idupaul: 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2008
naijaking1:

People that used the Tivs, Nupes, and Yorubas to win the civil war, succeeded in changing the natural demographics of Nigeria by manipulating the census, forcing many southerners into self imposed economic/political exile; and you still think they are blinded by ignorance? Think again, maybe its you and me(southerners) who are ignorant and stupid.
ok ooo , who is really foolish, the hausas loook foolish in appearance but they are not. its the rest of Nigeria that are foolish.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by idupaul: 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2008
littlekim:

@Naijaking

Wisdom is a funny thing, it often show up in funny unexpected places. It just showed up in your post. Keep it up (hopefully).

What do u mean, hope u aint mocking him , if u are then u are stupid.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by naijaking1: 2:59pm On Sep 06, 2008
littlekim:

@Naijaking
Wisdom is a funny thing, it often show up in funny unexpected places. It just showed up in your post. Keep it up (hopefully).

Thanks Hajia, you've made my day. Now, I can go around telling my fellow almajiris that you've certified me to be bright grin
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by coolier(f): 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2008
bilymuse:

You're absolutely right no hausa man would go hustle abroad not because 'margarine no be dog food' but because our 'monkey dey work their baboon they chop'. They do go abroad and you need to see the way their young men spend while there. I had come accross two in a high brow shop in London once and they had this huge pile of travellers cheques(which would not be less than ten thousand pounds). They wanted to pay and could not decipher which is which. I had to come in when I realised they had Nigerian passports, took the whole lot from them(they did not even think twice before handing it to me), counted out their bill which ran into thousands, paid the cashier and hand them the remaining.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2008
coolier:

You're absolutely right no hausa man would go hustle abroad not because 'margarine no be dog food' but because our 'monkey dey work their baboon they chop'. They do go abroad and you need to see the way their young men spend while there. I had come accross two in a high brow shop in London once and they had this huge pile of travellers cheques(which would not be less than ten thousand pounds). They wanted to pay and could not decipher which is which. I had to come in when I realised they had Nigerian passports, took the whole lot from them(they did not even think twice before handing it to me), counted out their bill which ran into thousands, paid the cashier and hand them the remaining.

I do not hope to see you in any thread criticizing the Hausa/fulani for misappropriating your oil money, since you are now their guide on how to spend the money.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by idupaul: 3:53pm On Sep 06, 2008
nuzo:

I do not hope to see you in any thread criticizing the Hausa/fulani for misappropriating your oil money, since you are now their guide on how to spend the money.

funny, why did u ma touch dirty money ,
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by coolier(f): 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2008
Was only helping a fellow Nigerian. Pardon me!
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2008
coolier:

Was only helping a fellow Nigerian. Pardon me!

You are pardoned for now and until 26th April 2011. From 27th April 2011, we are going to be taking no hostages, we will shoot all corrupt guys and their collaborators down. Survivors will be shot again. cool

FYI: When i said shoot, i meant the use of JUSTICE, LAW and ORDER to get the country back on track.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by RibaduFan(m): 5:09pm On Sep 06, 2008
Oh my God!

Thinking about it, these guys dont export anything not even groundnut. They dont work in foreing lands. I get the feelings that they contribute 0% of Nigerian's Forex Income. And am quite sure there contribution to Natonal Income is also around the neighbourhood of zero.

Incredible. Pure classic case of Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by idupaul: 5:13pm On Sep 06, 2008
yemmyse:

Oh my God!

Thinking about it, these guys don't export anything not even groundnut.

wrong, they export forex to switzerland, Pls get ur fact rights before u talk angry angry angry
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by debosky(m): 5:16pm On Sep 06, 2008
Other things get exported as well - Dates, Ginger, Sesame Seeds and other farm produce.

Of what inherent benefit has all the 'hustling abroad' been to southerners? Ok you have relations abroad you can stay with, you are more 'exposed'. But has that solved our problems? No

I'd rather be a content farmer with 2 cows and a reasonably peaceful existence than some guy queuing up at embassies all day trying to go out to 'hustle'.

I guess in the end, its all a matter of perspective and personal aspiration. Hustling abroad may be a thing of pride to you, but maybe not to them.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by Jairzinho(m): 6:14pm On Sep 06, 2008
The posters right.

They won't hustle abroad becos the current nigerian system's very favorable to them. angry

Without making cut-off mark in JAMB,u get admission,graduate with a pass ,join immigration or customs,make money from kickbacks,'kwantracts' etc ,become CG in record time due to quota,all the while influencing recruitment & strategic postings. shocked

Go into politics with all the ill-gotten wealth,gain infinite access to state allocation & further influence govt policy,start plucking all the yarinyas around . Na wa o ! cry

Only the truth will set us free,my people. sad
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by naijaking1: 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2008
debosky:

Other things get exported as well - Dates, Ginger, Sesame Seeds and other farm produce.

Of what inherent benefit has all the 'hustling abroad' been to southerners? Ok you have relations abroad you can stay with, you are more 'exposed'. But has that solved our problems? No

I'D rather be a[b] content [/b] farmer with 2 cows and a reasonably peaceful existence than some guy queuing up at embassies all day trying to go out to 'hustle'.

I guess in the end, its all a matter of perspective and personal aspiration. Hustling abroad may be a thing of[b] pride [/b] to you, but maybe not to them.

Haba Debosky. Hustling abroad-- a thing of pride? Developing high blood pressure, stomach ulcer, and depression a thing of pride You forget say na pressure make crawfish bend Like somebody said earlier southners are languising overseas not because they want to show off, but because each and every professionally qualified southern naija person in medicine, engineering, accounting, law, etc are being squeezed out of the Nigerian dream. Northern states with larger federal allocations would rather hire Egyptian doctors instead of paying half of that salary to a fellow Nigerian. When the southern doctor ends up overseas, you call it " a thing of pride" You go make me shout shocked
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by QuotaSyste(m): 7:46pm On Sep 06, 2008
debosky:

I'D rather be a content farmer with 2 cows and a reasonably peaceful existence than some guy queuing up at embassies all day trying to go out to 'hustle'.

I guess in the end, its all a matter of perspective and personal aspiration. Hustling abroad may be a thing of pride to you, but maybe not to them.
If you think hussling abroad for a better living standard have not in any way helped MAJORITY of southerners abroad which trinkled back to their families back home in nigeria (though hussling abroad was brought about by the nigeria's economic mismanagment by hausa/fulani) then you must be demented and living in lalala-land. As the tittle of the thread deeply suggested, only a hausa/fulani (are you one?) will rather be a content farmer with 2 cows which is equals to folding two arms and waiting for manner to fall from heaven than look for means which are readily available to increase his standard of living. Hausa/fulani remains Hausa/fulani. Can you read youself again?
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by naijaking1: 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2008
You're a big man if you have 2 cows in many parts of naija.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by debosky(m): 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2008
I think you need to reread my statement, the qualifier 'inherent' was used.

Of course benefits have come - the 'trickling down' as you say it from those who have hustled abroad. Beyond that, has any profound change, any long lasting change, any inherent/imbibed change occurred?

That is the question I ask - are the southerners still not corrupt, lawless, cheating, murdering and tribalistic? These are the important questions to be answered.

How does being content with 2 cows equal waiting for manna to fall from heaven

Basic subsistence existence is what I am talking about - meeting your needs at a basic level, without any increases in wealth and the like. In my opinion, that is a higher ideal than a constant scramble for wealth with no inherent benefit except being able to spend more in the short term.

What right do you think you have to demand/require that another man strive to increase his 'standard of living'? By what measures are you describing his standard of living as being below yours? What may be important to you may not be important to him, but to assume yours are better is no different from what the white men did to Africa.

Whether I am hausa/fulani or not cannot be the subject of this discourse - your desire to 'improve' your standard of living is your prerogative. My ideal/desire to maintain my 'simple' or 'backward' standard of living is also my prerogative comprende?
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by QuotaSyste(m): 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2008
debosky:

I think you need to reread my statement, the qualifier 'inherent' was used.

Of course benefits have come - the 'trickling down' as you say it from those who have hustled abroad. Beyond that, has any profound change, any long lasting change, any inherent/imbibed change occurred?

That is the question I ask - are the southerners still not corrupt, lawless, cheating, murdering and tribalistic? These are the important questions to be answered.

How does being content with 2 cows equal waiting for manna to fall from heaven

Basic subsistence existence is what I am talking about - meeting your needs at a basic level, without any increases in wealth and the like. In my opinion, that is a higher ideal than a constant scramble for wealth with no inherent benefit except being able to spend more in the short term.

What right do you think you have to demand/require that another man strive to increase his 'standard of living'? By what measures are you describing his standard of living as being below yours? What may be important to you may not be important to him, but to assume yours are better is no different from what the white men did to Africa.

Whether I am hausa/fulani or not cannot be the subject of this discourse - your desire to 'improve' your standard of living is your prerogative. My ideal/desire to maintain my 'simple' or 'backward' standard of living is also my prerogative comprende?
@ the bolded. You can't ask me question like basic change and still expect me to answer it to your own way of definition. For me and other southerners especially the Igbos, hussling abroad (brought about by the mismanagment of nigeria's economy by your hausa/fulani brainless people) have to an extent brought about economic change for the better to their lives. If that is not a change, i wonder what else you mean.
Now tell us if the stay at home and wait for manner from heaven, lazy attitude of your hausa/fulani fellows despite connering the oil of the Niger Delta people have brought about end to corruption, lawlessness, cheating, murdering of Igbos in your northern nigeria and tribalism in your mist? These are also important questions that i need you and your hausa/fulanis to answer.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by DisGuy: 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2008
yemmyse:

Oh my God!

Thinking about it, these guys don't export anything not even groundnut. They don't work in foreing lands. I get the feelings that they contribute 0% of Nigerian's Forex Income. And am quite sure there contribution to Natonal Income is also around the neighbourhood of zero.

Incredible. Pure classic case of Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop.

and by the looks of it, monkey go continue to dey work and occasional complain(anonymously online of course)
and baboon go dey ever chop-with the mantra-in the interest of peace, fairness and equality grin
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by bilymuse: 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2008
naijaking1

To say the north use other tribe to win the war shows your lack of understanding of the complex politicking that occur during the biafra war.

The north has every opportunity to manipulate anything they want, they ve been in power over the years. But despite this, majority of their people are wallowing in object poverty, high infant mortality rate, drug abuse, disease, illiteracy ; compared to other part of the country. Even Saludo lament, "poverty is a northern phenomenon".

Compare the Ibo's; they lost the war and where deny power. Yet they fight back to become the richest, one of the most educated and enlighten Nigeria you would ever meet. That is the natural will power of the people and absolute desire to succeed against the odd.

the north is a joke, even if they rule for another 50 years, they would be worst than they are today.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by QuotaSyste(m): 10:58pm On Sep 06, 2008
bilymuse:

naijaking1
To say the north use other tribe to win the war shows your lack of understanding of the complex politicking that occur during the biafra war.

The north has every opportunity to manipulate anything they want, they ve been in power over the years. But despite this, majority of their people are wallowing in object poverty, high infant mortality rate, drug abuse, disease, illiteracy ; compared to other part of the country. Even Saludo lament, "poverty is a northern phenomenon".

Compare the Ibo's; they lost the war and where deny power. Yet they fight back to become the richest, one of the most educated and enlighten Nigeria you would ever meet. That is the natural will power of the people and absolute desire to succeed against the odd.

the north is a joke, even if they rule for another 50 years, they would be worst than they are today.
WORD!!!
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by bawomolo(m): 11:54pm On Sep 06, 2008
there are hausa immigrants in philadelphia due to it's considerably large muslim community
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by naijaking1: 1:43am On Sep 07, 2008
bawomolo:

there are hausa immigrants in philadelphia due to it's considerably large muslim community

There's always going to be some anecdotal cases if sighting Hausa people in the US. By their number, you know they are not 'hustling' like other naija people. I met most of them in college on fully funded scholarship programs, and of course they return to take up plum positions in Nigeria immediately upon graduation.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by bawomolo(m): 1:54am On Sep 07, 2008
naijaking1:

There's always going to be some anecdotal cases if sighting Hausa people in the US. By their number, you know they are not 'hustling' like other naija people. I met most of them in college on fully funded scholarship programs, and of course they return to take up plum positions in Nigeria immediately upon graduation.

what's make ur personal experience enough to make a conclusion about hausa immigrants. on average, the ones i saw in philly didn't seem to be on fully funded scholarship programs.
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by Queenisha: 2:00am On Sep 07, 2008
They hustle around Middle East and North Africa.
washing cars, doing maiguard, boi boi and eating off the dust bins
They are the modern slave hands of Arabia.
and every now and then they are rounded up and beheaded.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by Riskie(f): 2:08am On Sep 07, 2008
Ouch!
Re: Have You Ever Seen Or Heard Of A Hausa/Fulani 'hustling' Abroad? by Queenisha: 2:09am On Sep 07, 2008
from 2005

The Saudi Arabian authorities have expressed anger over the continuous stay of about 27,000 Nigerians, and urged Nigeria to do everything to repatriate them, state media reported in Friday.

Alhaji Abdullahi Tanko, Nigeria's minister of state for foreign affairs, said that his Saudi counterpart had written him a strongly worded letter threatening to reduce the country's slot for next Haji over the 27,000 Nigerians, said the News Agency of Nigeria.

"The Saudi authorities have warned that the figures (27,000) would be subtracted from the 65,000 quota allocated to Nigeria for annual pilgrimage" if the Nigerian government fails to take action, Tanko said.

With such threat on its head, Tanko said the government was doing everything possible to bring home its citizens.

na for saudi them dey dey pack their own shait

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Monopoly Gone Wrong - The Ibru Group! / ACN Vows To Challenge Mimiko's Election Victory / Police Arrest Invading Herdsmen In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.