Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,605 members, 7,770,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:56 AM

Why Do Nigerians Spend A Fortune In Cell Phones? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Nigerians Spend A Fortune In Cell Phones? (729 Views)

''Keeping Cell Phones Near The Head Is Dangerous'' / Nigerians Spend N238bn On Airtime Monthly –investigation / What Are The Top 5 Cell Phones Used In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Spend A Fortune In Cell Phones? by DeepZone: 7:09pm On Sep 06, 2008
In Nigeria you can see an applicant walking around with a $1000 cell phone. Nigerian people have a culture of procuring a cell phone not necessarily for communication but to ascertain their social status. In America, nobody cares or checks the type of cell phone you are using. Your CEO in America may be using Nokia 3310 simply because it rings louder and he can hear the speaker more clearly and it's more user friendly than the complex ones.

Why? Why can't we invest our money in better things like stocks, bonds etc than in Nokia, Samsung, Motorolla etc? Especially when those cell phones can be stolen from us in a minute. Do you know that if you buy a $500 cell phone with a lot of features that YOU DON"T NEED, you are just paying for nothing. If you only use your cell phone to make and receive calls, why spend a fortune buying Nokia N95? You are just buying what you don't need and I don't think that any of us will love to spend our money on marijuana for eg even though we don't smoke it.

Spend Wisely For a better Tomorrow!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Spend A Fortune In Cell Phones? by malikalhaj: 9:20am On Sep 07, 2008
Thanx 4 d advice but i'm still enjoyin my n82 but remember to let info no cos he plans on buyin a $1200 priced phone.

(1) (Reply)

Browsing With Pc On O Net / Please Anybody That Has An Idea Should Help Out.i'll Be Greatful_aisogeez / Glo Blackout In Gwagz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.