Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! (1716 Views)

If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by kodewrita(m): 4:27pm On Sep 08, 2005
heard the above statement from someone. either you will take someone along or someone will pull you along. Do you believe it's true?
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by layi(m): 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2005
Absolute rubbish

This means the first to go to heaven or hell determines our destiny.
That defeats the purpose of Heaven and Hell. These places were meant to reward us for our lives here on earth.

Everyman chooses where he'll go by his actions here. Ur destiny is never dependent on another man's.
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by kodewrita(m): 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2005
based on your argument, your point is rubbish. why? if every body is pulled or pulls someone along, there is the possibility that two people will be pulled in different directions. Use simple physics, (electrical charges) like attracts like, unlike repels unlike.
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by layi(m): 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2005
kodewrita:

based on your argument, your point is rubbish. why? if every body is pulled or pulls someone along, there is the possibility that two people will be pulled in different directions. Use simple physics, (electrical charges) like attracts like, unlike repels unlike.

This itself is utter rubbish cos its pure sentimental. The aim of my post was actually intended to make u realise that we cant be pulled. Thats still d summary of ur post. Simple
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by goldenoc(f): 4:50pm On Sep 08, 2005
l think kodewrita is making a point because if l become a believer l will convert my friends and when l convert them, they will convert other. From there the thing keeps going.

But, please, if l try to convert my friends and they refused what will happen?
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by layi(m): 4:55pm On Sep 08, 2005
Some1 preaches to u and u got converted still doesnt mean he's taking u to heaven . What happens to backsliding.
Moreover no man has the power to take anybody to hell. Not even the Devil. Its ur choice.
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by hotangel2(f): 7:26pm On Sep 08, 2005
kodewrita:

heard the above statement from someone. either you will take someone along or someone will pull you along. Do you believe its true?

I agree! Ask me why?

Someone will defintely have to pull you along... either to heaven, or to hell. You get influenced by people everyday of your life. The kind of people you move/interact with are the people that determine which way of life you live. So yes, someone will take you along. It could be the brother you pray with, or the brother you smoke cocaine with.

Pull you along isn't literally pulling you along, It kinda means, leading you in a specific way. do you get the vibe? I move with a satanic person, probability of my going to hell is 1000%, i move with a godly person, probabalilty of my going to heaven is 100000%. So you see, Someone could pull you along.

Vice-versa to YOU pulling someone along. smiley cheesy
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by WesleyanA(f): 6:12am On Sep 10, 2005
some people (calvinists) believe in predestination, that is G-d already choose where you're going to go (hell or heaven) before you were born. that's just stupid.
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by goodguy(m): 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2005
Anyway, I think Kodewrita is right. Reason being that, everyday of your life, as Lizzy and others said, you get influenced by people.

So when you are influenced in the Godly way, both you and the person that influenced you (if u still both maintain your godly ways till death) will definitely go to heaven (that is, he has pulled you to heaven). But if you are influenced wrongly, you and your initiator, if both of you don't repent, will definitely go to hell! (that is, he has pulled you to hell)

And vice versa (that is, if you are the one influencing others, positively or negatively, you are the puller)
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by goodguy(m): 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2005
goldenoc:

But, please, if l try to convert my friends and they refused what will happen?
Well, I want you to know that whatever you do in life, God is always watching you. God will know you have played your part. Moreover, it's not until you preach to someone that they might get converted. You may have converted so many souls without you knowing yourself. Your character can always speak for you (if it's a good one of course).
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by angelak(f): 9:23am On Sep 12, 2005
Salvation is personal! You are the one to determine where you want to end up at. I know we all have different types and categories of friends that can influence you for good or for bad. but at the end of the day you will be the one to decide for yourself what you want to do. You have a choice to hang with unbelievers or not. The choice is your's. No one can drag you to hell unless you agree to it the same way no one can lift you to heaven unless you agree to it.
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by goodguy(m): 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2005
We are all saying the same thing. You can't turn bad unless someone influences you. If a human being doesn't influence you, the devil "itself" will.
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:31pm On Aug 02, 2007
"Can two walk together except they be agreed"?  Amos.3:3.  It is your choice whether you get influenced by selfish or unselfish, believing or non-believing, positive or negative friends.   Check this link for the destination of your decision. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-62400.0.html
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by kodewrita(m): 5:20pm On Sep 09, 2007
Amen brother. I always like it when arguments are backed up with scripture. could you please tell us more.
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by poweredcom(m): 5:04am On Dec 21, 2010
There is nothing like hell or heaven, it does not exist, its just a state of mind, Ok on earth, Our loving creator cant put his children in eternal torment and in the bible it says only 144,000 will make heaven if the bible was not a conspiracy assembled lies, by the western world to use to capture Africa and steal our talent.so, only 144,000 people will make heaven if it even existed? Bullshit. so every body that is a christain is just wasting theri time if only 144,000 will make it, !use ur common sense Africa, all God is God, Ok its just that they tell us ur God is a wicked one and use theirs to decieve our mind
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by kodewrita(m): 10:20am On Dec 21, 2010
poweredcom:

There is nothing like hell or heaven, it does not exist, its just a state of mind, Ok on earth, Our loving creator cant put his children in eternal torment and in the bible it says only 144,000 will make heaven if the bible was not a conspiracy assembled lies, by the western world to use to capture Africa and steal our talent.so, only 144,000 people will make heaven if it even existed? Bullshit. so every body that is a christain is just wasting theri time if only 144,000 will make it, !use your common sense Africa, all God is God, Ok its just that they tell us your God is a wicked one and use theirs to decieve our mind
You can always trust a back-sliding fruitcake to show up and make comments. You quoted from the book of revelations while ignoring the warning to not add or remove from that book. I would assume that having 621 comments mean that you would know that you should read in more detail before passing comments. As for the western world stealing your talents, there's precious little to steal if the kind of people to be stolen are the ones making this kind of dumb arguments. Please leave if you cannot stay within the context of the argument.

At the end of the day, its your choice to believe or not to believe. But make it an article of faith not to drag anyone along with you (which incidentally is the question this post was asking)
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by poweredcom(m): 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2010
You can always trust a back-sliding fruitcake to show up and make comments. You quoted from the book of revelations while ignoring the warning to not add or remove from that book. I would assume that having 621 comments mean that you would know that you should read in more detail before passing comments. As for the western world stealing your talents, there's precious little to steal if the kind of people to be stolen are the ones making this kind of dumb arguments. Please leave if you cannot stay within the context of the argument.

At the end of the day, its your choice to believe or not to believe. But make it an article of faith not to drag anyone along with you (which incidentally is the question this post was asking)

Grammer nai u go speak tire, what i am saying it the fact and the truth Ok and its always bitter, you psychopant brainwashed fella, All men are sinner and have come short of the glory of God that what your Bible tells you, so what other Heaven do you want again when the bible is not complete its adultrated, please do you know it was just an arrangement, even All religion of today got its roots and extracted from Paganism religion which today you people condem, Read your history not what you hear up and down propaganda, FAKE
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by kodewrita(m): 7:53am On Dec 22, 2010
so painful that you are not educated enough to make a true intellectual argument besides repeating the same argument you made. You deserve my pity.

Most likely you are one poor entity who has decided to lay the blame on Christianity as the source of all his troubles. You also probably so steeped in the paganism you champion and this is an opportunity to market it.

Please go and play with your human heads and blind dumb gods.

God will be with you even if you refuse to acknowledge you.

You can deny till next year but within you is the fear that you are wrong and probably heading to hell on a bullet train.

Jesus loves you.
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by poweredcom(m): 1:24am On Dec 23, 2010
so painful that you are not educated enough to make a true intellectual argument besides repeating the same argument you made. You deserve my pity.

Most likely you are one poor entity who has decided to lay the blame on Christianity as the source of all his troubles. You also probably so steeped in the paganism you champion and this is an opportunity to market it.

Please go and play with your human heads and blind dumb gods.

God will be with you even if you refuse to acknowledge you.

You can deny till next year but within you is the fear that you are wrong and probably heading to hell on a bullet train.

Jesus loves you.

Bro I am not saying i am into paganism i am just trying to bring out to you that the world is a One Big Lie, all these religion are just mere speculation by men, Just be your self and as for me i depend of human philosophy and i am new to it it has given me broad spectrum in life i can see things i can see my future, Not condemning Christianity but to me i cant be a follow follow these days again enough of the tricks in it Ok, A christian without any idea of philosophy is a Lost and ignorant sheep in this planet we find our selves, Ok

God is God Every where Ok,whether you are into Buddism, Hindu , and our African Traditional worship which is our own culture and we should embrace it any how but we are Lost  and our history damages that why we African will go no where in the future because we have failed to adopt our own way of life back after been snatched always, look at China , Japan, Asia as a whole, making technology breakthrough  its oe secret that you never know .they did not accept the western religion they sticked to their own and you are there crying for God to help you from Monday TO Sunday, its totally Balderdash!!!!!!Crying Gods Cry , dont know  if God have a problem that Nigerians want to help Baba Almighty solve, while you are here do what can make life beter face to face, Religion is not the basic of truth Ok Truth is Inborn from the heart
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by kodewrita(m): 8:25am On Dec 23, 2010
The truth is the truth irrespective of who you are. Gravity is a natural law even if you believe you can fly. there is a true way even if you do not accept it.

Jesus warned us to beware of the philosophies OF MEN so as not to be lead astray. You NEVER accepted christianity. You NEVER followed its precepts. All the bible verses you know can be counted on the fingers of both hands. You have only been attending church and you have never studied the bible in ANY depth. Therefore, you cannot claim to now have NEW knowledge, You never had ANY to write home about.

People are simply lazy. It is easier to sit down and criticize religions than to actually study in detail. Assyria was progressing in the time of the Israelites(where are they today?). The israelites following GOd have outlasted them.

ROme was there in the time of Jesus, they were the definition of progress but where are they now? in spite of Nero trying to kill christianity, it is now 1-2 billion strong on the planet.

So Japan and the rest can continue their blissful ungodliness, the day of reckoning will ALWAYS come. You can also join them too if you are not CAREFUL.

traditions that are detrimental should die. There are places in africa where people are sacrificed to GOds, yet you want us to embrace OUR ways. I believe you have simply jumped on popular bandwagons without giving too much thought to them.

Its not suprising anyway, there will always be that 1% who will believe any proposition.
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by poweredcom(m): 3:00am On Dec 24, 2010
well Mr man , You should remember that the westerner use Christianity to capture the world and the kjv of the Bible was adulterated then why is it so contradiction in its context , when King James of England hired poets like Shakespeare to do translation how are you not sure they translated it properly there by suiting their own personal need by changing some verses remember in the dark ages that what they do if noting suites them they tear it away and include thing that suites them that why they did so whose fault is it,

My aim here is to be yourself not follow follow, Ok, just be a good thinker.ater all all the enjoyment yoy use cellphones cars , Computers , technology were all products of men with philosophy Ok, and its the creator that gave them the same brain Ok,
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by Chuksmomay: 6:41am On Dec 24, 2010
Fact is, nobody can pull or be pulled to heaven/hell. It is only God himself who determines where we go which he did before ever created any of us. Eph. 1:3-5.
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by poweredcom(m): 2:35am On Dec 25, 2010
Fact is, nobody can pull or be pulled to heaven/hell. It is only God himself who determines where we go which he did before ever created any of us. Eph. 1:3-5.
Mr Man there is no Heaven or hell Ok get your mind right, God who created us cannot just decive us and say we are responsible for sin, so he cano not put any bad person in eternal torment, instead the world is going to change and transform and the wicked shall be detroyed and teh meek shall inherit the new earth Ok,

dont belive what the Bible has said after all the KJV bible was re written and adultrated Ok,
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by Chuksmomay: 12:49am On Dec 27, 2010
Hello, poweredcom, let me start by telling u that God's word d bible can not and must not be changed cos whoever does will be bringing God's wrath upom him/her self. REV 22:18-19. The bible is from God's mouth. Jeremiah 36:1-2. The bible in its original language (hebrew & greek) has never been changed. Although those who translated d bible might have made an error because they were not inspired by God but which ever way it is, we are to consult the original bible for explanation & correction in any area we find contradicting. Note that d original bible can not be corrected cos the men of God who wrote it were inspired by God. 2nd Tim 3:16.
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by Chuksmomay: 12:50am On Dec 27, 2010
Hello, poweredcom, let me start by telling u that God's word d bible can not and must not be changed cos whoever does will be bringing God's wrath upom him/her self. REV 22:18-19. The bible is from God's mouth. Jeremiah 36:1-2. The bible in its original language (hebrew & greek) has never been changed. Although those who translated d bible might have made an error because they were not inspired by God but which ever way it is, we are to consult the original bible for explanation & correction in any area we find contradicting. Note that d original bible can not be corrected cos the men of God who wrote it were inspired by God. 2nd Tim 3:16.
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by poweredcom(m): 11:02pm On Dec 29, 2010
Oya keep waiting for the heaven above, when your bible tells you only 144,000 will see heaven//heaven is not meant for humans its for the angels our only heaven here will be on this earth when the earth has transformed the wicked destroyed .away
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by kodewrita(m): 2:06pm On Jan 04, 2011
@poweredcom You are a truly deeply confused human.
poweredcom:

Mr Man there is no Heaven or hell Ok get your mind right, God who created us cannot just decive us and say we are responsible for sin, so he cano not put any bad person in eternal torment, instead the world is going to change and transform and the wicked shall be detroyed and teh meek shall inherit the new earth Ok,

dont belive what the Bible has said after all the KJV bible was re written and adultrated Ok,
nothing you wrote there tallies with the other.

According to you, we are not responsible for sin SO WHY SHOULD THE WICKED BE DESTROYED?
You say there is no hell or heaven yet in another post you talked about 144000 seeing heaven.

There's no point arguing with you. You need the assistance of a pastor and a band of prayer warriors.

As I said earlier, You are simply a backslider looking for an excuse to continue your amoral lifestyle.

But realise that on that great day of judgement, only the truth will matter.

God will not care about your reasons.

He will be more interested in whether you acknowledged the truth.

Jesus loves you.
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by kodewrita(m): 2:09pm On Jan 04, 2011
besides, you operate on hearsay that the KJV was adulterated. You must always take such arguments with a pinch of salt. what proof has been shown to you to suggest that?

God Help You
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by Kobojunkie: 6:03am On May 22, 2023
kodewrita:
heard the above statement from someone. either you will take someone along or someone will pull you along. Do you believe it's true?
Utter rubbish! undecided
Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On May 27, 2023
kodewrita:

Re: You Cannot Go To Hell/Heaven Alone! by kodewrita(m): 3:18am On Jun 13, 2023
grin grin grin

2008 was a funny year.

(1) (Reply)

Letter From Saudi Arabia- Lets Save Rizana / What Does The Bible Really Teach About Tithing / Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.