Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? (26628 Views)

Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? / Do You Know Any Gym Or Fitness Center In Lagos? / Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by LAHLAXZA(m): 1:39am On Jul 04, 2006
Hi yall, i might be going to lagos very soon and i was wondering if anyone knew of any Well established fitness centers.I dont mean just any hole in the wall, i mean gyms that have everything,weight rooms with olympic style weights, tread mills etc.Pls let me know where one might be located and how much membership could be. If anybody knows of any please help out , I need to know.
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by jesfel: 12:03am On Jul 05, 2006
i wish i could,but am very sorry i know nothing about that.
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by OldGlory1(m): 8:29pm On Jul 05, 2006
I hear there is a gym in Eko Hotel in VI that you can go and pay N500 per work out. I am sure there are some good gyms out there!!
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by LAHLAXZA(m): 5:48am On Jul 06, 2006
Thanks , does anybody know any other ones
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by Kurunmi(m): 1:51am On Jul 07, 2006
You can check out "ProFlex" on Ozumba Nbadinwe in V.I. in the same complex as Cactus resturant next to the Geothe institute, it is a standard Gym, cost about 80k per annum, that was last year not sure about current price or standard but a lot of V.I. working folks use it.

cheers
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by LAHLAXZA(m): 2:23am On Jul 07, 2006
Thanks men, I see the two suggestions i have had so far state places in the VI area only, do i have any hopes of fitness centers outside VI?
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by waleleader(m): 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2006
@ Lahlaxza
Thanks men, I see the two suggestions i have had so far state places in the VI area only, do i have any hopes of fitness centers outside VI?
Most things that makes sense in Lagos are on the Island, especially Victoria Island.
Anyways, you will probably find standard Gyms at places like Ikoyi Hotel, Sheraton Hotel Ikeja and IKoyi club in Lagos.
If you ever visit Abuja, you should check out Agura hotel. its probably the best gym in Abuja.
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by walel: 10:18pm On Jul 07, 2006
Obviously the only places where you would have a standard gym in Lagos would be in VI or in Ikeja hotels, afterall going to the gym is for rich people others lose weight by sweating in Lagos traffic or inside hot crowded molues.
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by OldGlory1(m): 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2006
Lolol u ain't lying. Gyms are big business in the US because there is just too much food. Damn this country has some food. Everything you want to eat on earth is right here. And there are Gyms everywhere you turn!

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by omogenikky(f): 10:46am On Jul 10, 2006
There is a good gym in Magodo. I just don't know the name. Magodo is an estate just after the former lagos toll gate. I'll try to find out the address.
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by zarah(f): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2006
There are too many, so maybe it's better for u to be specific bout the area u intend to stay at, so dat those in dat area can help u find out.

Anyways there's Health Gate on Norman williams street, s/west ikoyi Big, well Equipped and very Expensive it's 40k a quater, 160k a year. daily is 1k. just make sure you drive one of dem beautiful, and very expensive cars. LOL

Personally my favourite is ikoyi club, cos water,cheap beer, suya and p-soup dey there, u burn the calories and put them right back on be4 u leave. embarassed embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by gentleone(f): 2:37pm On Jan 12, 2007
@ LAHLAXZA
there's one at Anthony, i.e anthony up.
its called BodyGym, just before you get to GTB, you can't miss it.

anyone know of any around Isolo/Oke-Afa/Ejigbo?
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by Saddam: 2:50am On Jan 13, 2007
@gentleone

mail me so I tell u abt one
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by gentleone(f): 3:19pm On Jan 15, 2007
@saddam
ok, but why not tell us all?
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by f4flakes(f): 12:58pm On Feb 19, 2007
@ omoge nikky:

Do you know where the one in Magodo is please? Or if any other person does, please let me know.
Thanks
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by nickybayo(f): 8:46pm On Jun 20, 2009
how abt around/in ebute metta or yaba area?

pls where exactly in anthony?
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by meoo: 5:08am On Jun 21, 2009
sunfit gym

Sunfit Health Club
Location - Amuwo Odofin GRA, Lagos, Nigeria.

Description - A health and fitness outfit (Gym, Sauna, Steam
Bath, Squash Court, Lawn Tennis, Aerobics, and swimming) with
accommodation facilities.

Client - Private Development
Status - Completed 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENsNp8GF_B8
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by azpunpin: 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2009
Does anyone knows where i can get one in Ibadan or Ikorodu?

Thanx.
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by catcrimson: 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2009
Pls does anyone know of any gym or yoga center in lagos? preferably around yaba or surulere?
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by sley4life(m): 4:37am On Jul 24, 2009
Lots in VI
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by teddystar: 12:13am On Dec 23, 2009
Try Welcome Centre
Apart from Gym
they have pool, tennis, squash, spa etc

they are in airport road, ikeja

google them

or check

www.welcomcecentrehotels.com
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by lamopo: 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2010
I am also going to Lagos soon. Does anyone know where LifeQuest gym and Westspine MedSpa are in Lagos? I got the names online. Proflex gym in VI seems to be the best in Lagos but I am going to stay in Ikeja.
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 05, 2010
Do you have to workout in a gym? Get yourself a dumbell/kettlebell/gym ball and you are good to go in your home smiley.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by lamopo: 6:48pm On Jan 05, 2010
Ebonyeyes. some of us are so used to gyming we can't even imagine life without it not to mention weight gain with our Nigerian diet. There is more discipline and no distractions when you go to the gym
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:58am On Jan 06, 2010
I used to be a gym rat but the fees are too expensive, its usually crowded and to be honest with you I like solitude when I walk out so I like home workouts. Whatever works for you hun. I hope you dont workout in the gym and go straight to that mama put joint and load pounded yam and egusi? because all that effort you spent trashing the calories will be wasted jst kidding cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I admire guys who workout kiss
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by MCLOVIN: 10:02am On Jan 06, 2010
Try the EKO GYM AND SPA off idejo street in V/I if ure in that area.
I go there when i remember to,
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by Adeniyi90: 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2010
Try leaving your vehicle at home twice a week, and see how it goes except you're really into muscle biuilding, that should do.
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by spicy007(f): 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2010
with ma little research in the past few days, this is what i found out in ikeja area:
- one in Omole Phase 2 - membership is 4k and u pay N500 everytime you visit.

- Fit4Life, tunde Gafar close, off adeniyi jones, ikeja - 15k monthly, 40k qtrly, 60k half yrly and 100k per annum

- fitness centre at mojidi street, by toyin small roundabout, ikeja - 5k monthly

- ivory health club - 4, ogundana street, off allen avenue, ikeja (with pool, b/ball court,, squash, gym, table tennis). membership varies according to what you have access to. membership starts from 90k though.

hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by EEspeed: 1:56pm On Dec 12, 2010
FITNESS OPTIONS LTD, The newest and I think the best in terms of Facilities. Located in Surulere. 18 Hamed Jimoh close, Off Ekololu Street, Surulere Lagos. Contact them on 08033974949. The membership varies but generally its 160k a year. i think they are doing an Xmas bonanza or something so you might get it cheaper.
Re: Do You Know Any Fitness Center In Lagos? by kritikul(f): 10:06am On Jul 09, 2011
Please where can i find a fitness centre around Egbeda, Lagos

(1) (2) (Reply)

DELSU Graduate Who Went Mentally Deranged Is Now Back On His Feet / Doctors Develop Procedures That Could Delay Menopause For 20 Years / Kenyan Man Commits Suicide After Lover Cheated On Him (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.