Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Jews Enslaved The Egyptians First. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jews Enslaved The Egyptians First. (4616 Views)

Shocking!!! ISIS Execute 21 Egyptians For Being Christians / Why Have Jews Been Persecuted So Much Throughout History? / Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jews Enslaved The Egyptians First. by Drusilla(f): 4:13am On Jul 04, 2006
I just saw in someone's post about the Egyptians keeping the Jews in bondage.

Not many people notice that in fact the Jews enslaved the Egyptians first in the bible.

People need to read the bible and understand how what they think is so sure in the bible, is nothing more than the parts that some wanted to emphasize rather than being what the bible would like you to emphasize.
Re: Jews Enslaved The Egyptians First. by Drusilla(f): 4:45am On Jul 04, 2006
The people of Egypt starving asking that Joseph buy them as slaves.

Gen 47:19 Why should we die before your eyes, both we and our land? Buy us and our land for bread, and we and our land will be servants for Pharaoh. And give us seed, that we may live and not die, that the land be not desolate.

Joseph agreeing to buy them as slaves

Gen 47:23 And Joseph said to the people, Behold, I have bought you this day, and your land, for Pharaoh. Lo, here is seed for you, and you shall sow the land.

Joseph after making them slaves forces them off their land and into cities

Gen 47:21 And as for the people, he caused them to go into the cities, from one end of the borders of Egypt even to the other end of it.
Re: Jews Enslaved The Egyptians First. by diddy4(m): 5:30am On Jul 04, 2006
and your point is?
Re: Jews Enslaved The Egyptians First. by Drusilla(f): 6:08am On Jul 04, 2006
diddy4,

My point is we all need to be careful to pay attention to what the bible says [/b]and not other peoples [b]interpretations.

We as black people especially who got Christianity from our slave/colonial masters.

Need to hear what God says and not what they say God said.

How long have we heard that Egypt is bad and represents the bad world and sin? Been preached forever.

How many times have you heard it preached that Egyptians have inherited the First Born right of the Israelites?

None.

How many times have you heard it preached that Egyptians are the only other ethnic group in the bible, who God calls: My people?

None.

My point is this and this alone. I believe the bible. Period. We need to keep a hold of what the bible says and not interpretations.
Re: Jews Enslaved The Egyptians First. by diddy4(m): 6:42am On Jul 04, 2006
by saying all dis and all others u have been saying in other threads, are u not interpreting?
Re: Jews Enslaved The Egyptians First. by Drusilla(f): 6:46am On Jul 04, 2006
diddy4,

Jesus wept.

Is that just my interpretation?

No, it is what the bible says.

Joh 11:35 Jesus wept.
Re: Jews Enslaved The Egyptians First. by diddy4(m): 6:47am On Jul 04, 2006
forget Jesus wept, im talking about others. go through your posts were you write novels and check.
Re: Jews Enslaved The Egyptians First. by Drusilla(f): 7:06am On Jul 04, 2006
diddy4,

My advice is to read the bible for yourself and see what the Bible says. Do as the bible says and interpret it line by line, precept by precept.

As the bible says: The whole word of God.

But anyways, in case you just wanted to see what the scriptures say from my other post:

Egyptians inherit first born right:

1Ch 5:1  And the sons of Reuben, the first-born of Israel (for he was the first-born; but since he defiled his father's bed, his birthright was given to the sons of Joseph the son of Israel, and the genealogy is not to be counted according to the birthright;
1Ch 5:2  For Judah prevailed among his brothers, and from him came the chief ruler, but the birthright was Joseph's);

Egypt called "My people" by God.

Isa 19:25  whom Jehovah of Hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be My people Egypt, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.
Re: Jews Enslaved The Egyptians First. by mrmayor(m): 2:27am On Jul 09, 2006
Drusilla,
Woman you have some serious issues to deal with,am curious are you an ex Farrakhan disciple?

Drusilla:

The people of Egypt starving asking that Joseph buy them as slaves.

Gen 47:19 Why should we die before your eyes, both we and our land? Buy us and our land for bread, and we and our land will be servants for Pharaoh. And give us seed, that we may live and not die, that the land be not desolate.
Joseph agreeing to buy them as slaves
Gen 47:23 And Joseph said to the people, Behold, I have bought you this day, and your land, for Pharaoh. Lo, here is seed for you, and you shall sow the land.
The passage clearly states that Joseph bought them for Pharaoh,where did it say that they are slaves to Jews.

Drusilla you left out the succeeding verse that still stated that deal was done on by Joseph the Prime Minister on behalf of Pharaoh

47:24 And it shall come to pass in the increase, that ye shall give the fifth part unto Pharaoh, and four parts shall be your own, for seed of the field, and for your food, and for them of your households, and for food for your little ones. 
47:25 And they said, Thou hast saved our lives: let us find grace in the sight of my lord, and we will be Pharaoh's servants. 
47:26 And Joseph made it a law over the land of Egypt unto this day, that Pharaoh should have the fifth part, except the land of the priests only, which became not Pharaoh's.

Please explain how the Jews enslave the Egyptians first and how they became slaves later
Re: Jews Enslaved The Egyptians First. by tpia1: 12:52am On Jan 08, 2011
joseph was an egyptian.
Re: Jews Enslaved The Egyptians First. by seyibrown(f): 2:24am On Jan 09, 2011
drusilla, mrmayor is right! Joseph bought the Egyptians for Pharoah, not for himself! . . . and Joseph was originally the slave before he became a prisoner and later 'governor'.

(1) (Reply)

8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians / Prophet Uebert Angel Vs Prophet T.B Joshua / TRAGEDY! Tears As Crocodile Devours Pastor While Baptizing His Members(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.