Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? (44452 Views)

Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / How Can I Disvirgin My Passport? Help Please... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by kelvinnile(m): 8:38pm On Sep 08, 2008
The date of birth that appears in my pasport is not my actual date of birth, the mistake was made when my form was being filled.
i was born 5th jan 1985 [23yrs] but what appears in my pasport is 5th jan 19 1978 [30yrs] pls i want to know if this would affect me in the long run and how, can it be corrected, how do i go abt corecting it. woul it be necesary for me to go for corection.
i need respons plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by elctroguru(m): 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2008
Go and correct it or get a new one, Its not wat u can manage at all
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by darkroll(m): 8:34am On Sep 09, 2008
Siena:

Kelvin, just one question first -

How long has that error been in your passport?

I am following the post carefully cause i know someone with same problem .

His date of birth is 1980 but his passport reads 1975 , he has travelled a lot with this passort without correcting it do u guys think the mistake can still be corrected ? or should he wait till 2010 when the passport expires and get a new one with the original DOB .
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by darkroll(m): 9:26am On Sep 09, 2008
Actually for his case it was not a mistake , he delibrately changed the DOB

5 Likes

Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by benincitys(f): 9:40am On Sep 09, 2008
yes is a big effect go and correct it now before is too late i have this problem at the moment i have a new Nigerian passport with my real date of birth and i have my birth certificate with me still the germany consular want more proof
and to get this proof it take 3 to 4 months and a payment of 410Eur.
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by stan030(m): 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
Hello, i am having similar problem:

I was born in Enugu on the 21-06-1984 of which at the time there was no birth registration at the village where i was born. Having lost my both parents at

the age of 12 and 13 respectively, me and my siblings moved to lagos. In 2007 when i wanted to travel, I applied for an international passport and the

immigration authority asked for a birth certificate which i did not have because my birth was not registered. Someone advised me to go get one in any

competent authority in lagos which i did but the date of birth in the birth certifcate given to me was 21-06-1979. I contested the date on this documents

but the authority in charge said that, that was the birth record that was found on me and thats just the way it is. Because i didn't have enough time to

continue fighting this, i used this documents to apply for international passport. Now my passport reads 21-06-1979 but every of my other documents

such as drivers license, high school diploma etc carry my original birth date. With this rather false age, i now have a German residence and would be

due for naturalisation soon. My German wife already knows about this mess and thinks that i have to change it but we do not know how and whether

such changes would bring about negative consequences from the German authority (regarding my residence in Germany). My question is, am i ever

able to rectify this mistake? if so, how? my passport expires in few months time.
Any constructive advise would be helpful.
Thank you my brothers and sisters.
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Markenny(m): 8:35pm On Jul 26, 2011
stan030:

Hello, i am having similar problem:

I was born in Enugu on the 21-06-1984 of which at the time there was no birth registration at the village where i was born. Having lost my both parents at

the age of 12 and 13 respectively, me and my siblings moved to lagos. In 2007 when i wanted to travel, I applied for an international passport and the

immigration authority asked for a birth certificate which i did not have because my birth was not registered. Someone advised me to go get one in any

competent authority in lagos which i did but the date of birth in the birth certifcate given to me was 21-06-1979. I contested the date on this documents

but the authority in charge said that, that was the birth record that was found on me and thats just the way it is. Because i didn't have enough time to

continue fighting this, i used this documents to apply for international passport. Now my passport reads 21-06-1979 but every of my other documents

such as drivers license, high school diploma etc carry my original birth date. With this rather false age, i now have a German residence and would be

due for naturalisation soon. My German wife already knows about this mess and thinks that i have to change it but we do not know how and whether

such changes would bring about negative consequences from the German authority (regarding my residence in Germany). My question is, am i ever

able to rectify this mistake? if so, how? my passport expires in few months time.
Any constructive advise would be helpful.
Thank you my brothers and sisters.

Nigeria passport)if u have declaration of age and swear affidavit,
nija embassy will change your date on your passport,the problem your may have is
from German immigration

stay)
hey hmm first mistake you made at all your stories is applying for stay without out
age declaration.through embassy in Berlin.is still possible to change it,but u have to
do that with legal adviser(lawyer).first go to Nigeria embassy and get age declaration,it cost 30euro.the go to ur lawyer and he will write the German immigration,then maybe there will make stress but so or so they will change it on your document too(if have necessary proof)and rember there also ask your to pay strafe maybe.
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by stan030(m): 8:28am On Aug 01, 2011
Hi Markenny,

Thanks for your input, i definitely need a lawyer to fix these things once i have the neccessary documentations. Do you think as a first, i need a new passport that carries thesame age? Since my passport is going to expire in few months should i just get a new one and proceed that way?
Again thank you very much for your honest opinion.
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Markenny(m): 11:32am On Aug 01, 2011
@stan if it me i would make new passport with my really age
after i must have the necessary document like age declaration and birth
certificate.then dont forget u have to go LOTAL(not sure if it notal or lotal my german writein is worse than my speaking) u kwn what i mean,show them the two passport with ur sticker there will swear
affidavit. for the immigration officer not to make much stress.

i think where u will have lil problem is nigeria embassy in berlin
there all stupid,
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by stan030(m): 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2011
Hi Markenny,

Again thank you for the input. So you mean the better option in my situation would be to get a new passport which shows my real age, then swear an affidavit and then show both my new and old passport to the Auslanderbehorde(immigraton ofice) after i must have have notarised (Notar it is called i guess) them in Germany?

And about the Embassy in Berlin, i hope not to have anything to do with them since i intend to travel to Nigeria to do a new passport and the affidavit. Do you think after i get the passport and have them notarised that i should look for a lawyer to present my case to the immigration office or its something i could do mself? My greatest fear is that the German authority might revoke my residence permit or refuse t allow me to intergrate. Wat do you think?
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Markenny(m): 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2011
stan030:

Hi Markenny,

Again thank you for the input. So you mean the better option in my situation would be to get a new passport which shows my real age, then swear an affidavit and then show both my new and old passport to the Auslanderbehorde(immigraton ofice) after i must have have notarised (Notar it is called i guess) them in Germany?

And about the Embassy in Berlin, i hope not to have anything to do with them since i intend to travel to Nigeria to do a new passport and the affidavit. Do you think after i get the passport and have them notarised that i should look for a lawyer to present my case to the immigration office or its something i could do mself? My greatest fear is that the German authority might revoke my residence permit or refuse t allow me to intergrate. Wat do you think?

@stan no one have right right to revoke ur permit as far as u dint commite crime
in germany, even! who is seeking asylum with his or her really name and age,still immigration will still accpt it when u change the name for permit,what might be the problem is the delay,u kwn Germany and immigration office and there delay tactics, it might take years or month befor there will do something,
depend on the lawyer and prof of ur really age,

and also i ask my woman and she say it make no sense to change it now
u already have permit in ur passport,it could be alot easy if u are applyin for stay
for the first time.meanwhile ask ur lawyer first,befor makein new passport
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by chimezx: 10:08pm On Apr 14, 2012
hello everybody pls i have a problem of date of birth in my new passport and in this case i got married with my old passport and which was my realy age but now the old passport has expried and i dont reiceve my resident permit yet but few weeks ago administration sent me a letter that my resident permit is ready but they will need photocopy of my valid passport data page and the passport i has now that is valid is the new one which is different age from the old passport of my realy age so am asking if declaration of age and swear affidavit will be enough to attech and send to the administration or if some body can tell me on what to do more on this case,,,,,,,,thanks in advance for ur positive respone.
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by pinktruth: 10:33am On Nov 03, 2013
chimezx: hello everybody pls i have a problem of date of birth in my new passport and in this case i got married with my old passport and which was my realy age but now the old passport has expried and i dont reiceve my resident permit yet but few weeks ago administration sent me a letter that my resident permit is ready but they will need photocopy of my valid passport data page and the passport i has now that is valid is the new one which is different age from the old passport of my realy age so am asking if declaration of age and swear affidavit will be enough to attech and send to the administration or if some body can tell me on what to do more on this case,,,,,,,,thanks in advance for ur positive respone.

Please how did you get the new passport with a new age on it,i need to get a new passport and change the age
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by edward1: 1:58pm On May 24, 2015
Hello my great professors in the house, I have another challenge. Here is my story:
my wife is a citizen of usa and she is carrying my 1 year old baby she has file in for me but the problem am having now is my passport 04-04-1984 but she use 05-05-1985 to apply for me the I have been ask by usa embassy to send the scan copy of my passport but the age on passport is different from the one my wife use to apply for me and i have informed that the Nigeria immigration can not issue another dob for me but I don't know what to do can anyone enlightened me on this what to do about it can I go to usa embassy with the passport I have with me or can anyone help on how to get my passport fix from immigration office
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by sekzy99(m): 6:18am On Dec 23, 2015
Good morning. Pls I have a problem that needs to be rectify, on my birth certificate my DOB is 08/09/1989 while on my passport is 09/09/1989. Pls how do I rectify this. My real DOB is 09/09/1989
Markenny:

@stan no one have right right to revoke ur permit as far as u dint commite crime
in germany, even! who is seeking asylum with his or her really name and age,still immigration will still accpt it when u change the name for permit,what might be the problem is the delay,u kwn Germany and immigration office and there delay tactics, it might take years or month befor there will do something,
depend on the lawyer and prof of ur really age,

and also i ask my woman and she say it make no sense to change it now
u already have permit in ur passport,it could be alot easy if u are applyin for stay
for the first time.meanwhile ask ur lawyer first,befor makein new passport

Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Kxxnny: 9:07am On Jun 23, 2016
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Bigamax: 12:35pm On May 22, 2018
edward1:

Hello my great professors in the house, I have another challenge. Here is my story:
my wife is a citizen of usa and she is carrying my 1 year old baby she has file in for me but the problem am having now is my passport 04-04-1984 but she use 05-05-1985 to apply for me the I have been ask by usa embassy to send the scan copy of my passport but the age on passport is different from the one my wife use to apply for me and i have informed that the Nigeria immigration can not issue another dob for me but I don't know what to do can anyone enlightened me on this what to do about it can I go to usa embassy with the passport I have with me or can anyone help on how to get my passport fix from immigration office

Hi Edward,

am interested in your case, how have you gone about it ? Have you been able to sort it out concerning the date of birth correction in regard to your usa green card filling your wife did for you ?

I am in the same situation now.

Please update me.

Regards
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Fadelex(m): 5:43am On May 23, 2018
Bigamax:

Hi Edward,

am interested in your case, how have you gone about it ? Have you been able to sort it out concerning the date of birth correction in regard to your usa green card filling your wife did for you ?

I am in the same situation now.

Please update me.

Regards
what is the age difference? have you used it to travel before? do you have enough documents to support your case? buzz me for more info
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Bigamax: 6:43am On Jun 12, 2018
Yes, i have used it to travel to other countries before. The age difference is a year, for example to change year 1983 to year 1982.
Day and month remain the same.

regards.

Fadelex:

what is the age difference? have you used it to travel before? do you have enough documents to support your case? buzz me for more info
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Fadelex(m): 8:08am On Jun 12, 2018
Bigamax:
Yes, i have used it to travel to other countries before. The age difference is a year, for example to change year 1983 to year 1982.
Day and month remain the same.

regards.

send me a pm
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Pecanto(f): 3:37pm On Jul 05, 2018
Fadelex:
send me a pm
Pls can u help in this kind of situation? Am having a similar problem too
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Fadelex(m): 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2018
Pecanto:

Pls can u help in this kind of situation?
Am having a similar problem too
ok....pm me
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Spotlighte: 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
Hi guys,

I was issued my passport last year's December. I just realized today that my date of birth came out wrong. January was used instead of October. What do I do, and what's the cost implication?

I need to make a travel. Would it affect anything, as my documents all have October?
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by centmanuel(m): 10:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
Good day all. Thank you house for the information passed. I m in a similar situation. How can I change my DOB to reflect the original DOB I have in my Bsc transcript. The DOB I used in my international passport was different. How can I go about it.
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Fadelex(m): 9:06am On Jul 30, 2018
Spotlighte:
Hi guys,

I was issued my passport last year's December. I just realized today that my date of birth came out wrong. January was used instead of October. What do I do, and what's the cost implication?

I need to make a travel. Would it affect anything, as my documents all have October?
centmanuel:
Good day all. Thank you house for the information passed. I m in a similar situation. How can I change my DOB to reflect the original DOB I have in my Bsc transcript. The DOB I used in my international passport was different. How can I go about it.
Spotlighte:
Hi guys,

you guys should pm me.... I hope you have genuine documents that reflect the correct date of birth.
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Spotlighte: 9:57am On Jul 30, 2018
Fadelex:

you guys should pm me.... I hope you have genuine documents that reflect the correct date of birth.

I sent you a message, please check. Thank you.
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Fadelex(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2018
Pecanto:

Pls can u help in this kind of situation? Am having a similar problem too
just seeing this now. you can send me a pm.
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by centmanuel(m): 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2018
Fadelex:

Hello bro I have sent you a pm but you have not responded
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Fadelex(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2018
centmanuel:
Hello bro I have sent you a pm but you have not responded
check back I have responded. or contact me via fadelex2000@yahoo.com
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by centmanuel(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
Fadelex:

check back I have responded. or contact me via fadelex2000@yahoo.com

Thanks you very much bros. I just sent a mail to the e-mail add above.
Re: Mistake In My Passport"s Date Of Birth, Could It Be Of Any Effect? by Ceec115: 12:47am On Aug 02, 2018
Hi everyone,

Please, my brother did the capturing for his passport but is yet collect due to the delay in issuing passport these days. The problem is there was a mistake in the date of birth. Instead of 2001, what was registered was 2000. Please how can this be corrected before the passport is printed out. Cos, am hearing that after capturing no changes can be made again. Please what's d solution

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nonso Muojeke Classmates To Stop His Deportation From Ireland To Nigeria (Photos / Oshodi Underbridge Where Homeless Children Find ‘Comfort’ / Taxi Driver Manually Operating His Wiper During A Heavy Rain In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.