Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,153 members, 7,780,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:45 AM

Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! (22784 Views)

3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / French Foreign Legion: A Legitimate Option For Nigerians Living Illegally In EU. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by kenflipper(m): 7:21am On Sep 10, 2008
you guys re calling a spade a cutlass.

Illegal migration is a crime that allows for jail term for the purpose of detering would-be defaulters, that Nigeria doesnt enforce their immigration laws doesnt mean other countries wouldnt enforce theirs, and mind you that is why naija is what it is told the system has completely failed, there are thousands of Niger and Ghanians in Naija wit out permits the government is loosing alot from it. Commiting a crime calls for hatred be it drug or whatever crime. If we would respect laws of foreign countries am sure the discrimination would stop though not totally. What would u say about someone who carries drug to Singapore or Malaysia even tho before landing the pilot warns repeatedly that drug carries a death penalty and the arrival card indicates it. The carrier wont go to d toilet and flush d drug before going thro' immigration and custom check, rather he think the gods will see him thro' cos he did seven days prayer and fasting, rather the gods sees him to his untimely hanging. Americans dont joke wit illegal migration, if u re illegal and caught they hack you, bump you, toss you and deport you after baning you for multiple yrs. If i had a legal residence in china the fact that they toss a human being to snakes don make me run quick quick, but Nigerians will hear these information and still commit crime and some body will come here and say lets stand for Africans! Its high time we apply common sense and do the right thing the world has changed. Nothing comes easy without hard work no matter where u re in the world. You need to work hard to make an impact or sit and be a spectator cheering the achievers.
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by femzy(m): 7:34am On Sep 10, 2008
darkroll:

I strongly feel what ever treatment the illegal migrants are going through in the camp is what they asked for . It is a very simple mathematics : Stay and sit down in Niger and hussle , if you need to go for holiday go for holiday and return home , if you need to migrate to another country make sure you have original documets.

If you decide to break the rules then be ready to face the penalty .

abi oooo!!!

1+ 1=2 So simple!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by darkroll(m): 7:58am On Sep 10, 2008
femzy:

abi oooo!!!

kenflipper link=topic=169487.msg2778956#msg2778956 date=1221027682:

Illegal migration is a crime that allows for jail term for the purpose of detering would-be defaulters, that Nigeria doesnt enforce their immigration laws doesnt mean other countries wouldnt enforce theirs, and mind you that is why naija is what it is told the system has completely failed, there are thousands of Niger and Ghanians in Naija wit out permits the government is loosing alot from it. Commiting a crime calls for hatred be it drug or whatever crime. If we would respect laws of foreign countries am sure the discrimination would stop though not totally. What would u say about someone who carries drug to Singapore or Malaysia even tho before landing the pilot warns repeatedly that drug carries a death penalty and the arrival card indicates it. The carrier wont go to d toilet and flush d drug before going thro' immigration and custom check, rather he think the gods will see him thro' because he did seven days prayer and fasting, rather the gods sees him to his untimely hanging. Americans don't joke wit illegal migration, if u re illegal and caught they hack you, bump you, toss you and deport you after baning you for multiple years. If i had a legal residence in china the fact that they toss a human being to snakes don make me run quick quick, but Nigerians will hear these information and still commit crime and some body will come here and say lets stand for Africans! Its high time we apply common sense and do the right thing the world has changed. Nothing comes easy without hard work no matter where u re in the world. You need to work hard to make an impact or sit and be a spectator cheering the achievers.

1+ 1=2 So simple!!!!!!!
Good to see that some guys can reason the same way i do.
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by MrCrackles(m): 8:18am On Sep 10, 2008
@post

That is if desperados heed the warnings!

Wetin Naija people dey find up and down sef living illegally all over the world?

The harsh and tough conditions experienced is not worth it to be honest!
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by ebogentle(m): 9:15am On Sep 10, 2008
Typical us. We like to rationalize. You think China is harsh to illegal residents?? Try Singapore!! And here's the juicy part. You dont even require a visa to visit singapore. But overstay you visit and see how you get stripped publicly and lashed 90 strokes on ur bottom. Dont rationalize when there's crime commited. Here's some logic. A criminal is one who commits a crime. Is it a crime to be illegally resident in china. Yes. Then that is criminal. Lets not rationalize. Here's what singapore govt says about their (you may say barbaric) laws. "Our laws are very clear,simple and designed to be understood by humans. So if you break our laws, you are subhuman. you are an animal. We will treat you like one" For those drug couriers, they should be lucky they get caught in china and not singapore where even if you 16, you will be in prison till the day you turn 21 and be eligible for the death penalty. I dont condone their justice methods but i even more strongly condemn commiting a crime when you know the consequences(or are we still in an era where we can claim ignorance, lololololol).
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by faoni572(m): 10:02am On Sep 10, 2008
faakay, being igbo or Yoruba has nothing to do with it.  It doesnt matter if you are illegal or legal, the fact is that everyone deserves to be treated as a human being.  Illegal immigrants are not criminals!!!!!!

Sorry, illegal immigrants are criminals, although, they have to temper justice with mercy for them. Anybody that goes against the law is a criminal.
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by faoni572(m): 10:08am On Sep 10, 2008
The fine of visa expiration is JAIL!!! and they know it! so why are they going against the Rule,

Visa expiration only attracts deportation in a civilized country and not jail

Note that the rules may be different from one country to another country, the good thing is to obey and respect the rules and regulations of your host country.
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by birdman(m): 10:28am On Sep 10, 2008
Kwaide kwaide.

Same here. I went there couple of timez last year. I spent 2 weeks the first time it was good. I met a friend there called tallest, he was a very nice guy huzzling to make something out of that stinking galous. When i came back again after 2 months, tallest don enter gallous. Nobody was able to explain or report on his wereabout. I decided to pick another friend called chibuzo also nice. When i left again and came back withing december period, chibuzo got missing. I asked myself where will this people beself? Someone told me they are in the gallous and their gallous is forever. Anytime they ant thhey will give you out to snake and pitons to feed on so they will produce tomany for them to eat.

They beleive that black man is a good food for the snakes and pitons. I went there again 1monthh before the olympics, it was another story. I called many people to come and meet me, hahaha no one gree come out. Fear hole every body.

My advice to my ellow Nigerians. If you have a brother or friend there try and find out his wereabout and tell him to enter Vietnam from there. If not he will enter gallous 2.

You must make.

my friend, stop smoking weed grin
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by faoni572(m): 10:30am On Sep 10, 2008
kenflipper:

Illegal migration is a crime that allows for jail term for the purpose of detering would-be defaulters, that Nigeria doesnt enforce their immigration laws doesnt mean other countries wouldnt enforce theirs, and mind you that is why naija is what it is told the system has completely failed, there are thousands of Niger and Ghanians in Naija wit out permits the government is loosing alot from it. Commiting a crime calls for hatred be it drug or whatever crime. If we would respect laws of foreign countries am sure the discrimination would stop though not totally. What would u say about someone who carries drug to Singapore or Malaysia even tho before landing the pilot warns repeatedly that drug carries a death penalty and the arrival card indicates it. The carrier wont go to d toilet and flush d drug before going thro' immigration and custom check, rather he think the gods will see him thro' because he did seven days prayer and fasting, rather the gods sees him to his untimely hanging. Americans don't joke wit illegal migration, if u re illegal and caught they hack you, bump you, toss you and deport you after baning you for multiple years. If i had a legal residence in china the fact that they toss a human being to snakes don make me run quick quick, but Nigerians will hear these information and still commit crime and some body will come here and say lets stand for Africans! Its high time we apply common sense and do the right thing the world has changed. Nothing comes easy without hard work no matter where u re in the world. You need to work hard to make an impact or sit and be a spectator cheering the achievers.

Thank you for saying this my brother
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by darznets(m): 10:43am On Sep 10, 2008
I have followed closely the posts on this thread, and i can say without mincing words that it is our responsibility to obey the laws of any country we find ourselves. Just like someone pointed out, the fact that Nigeria does not enforce it laws doesnt mean other counties too will be docile.

It is a common knowledge to every sane person the penalty for illegal immigration, yet we go there thinking we can find a way out. I think it boils down to the way we live here in Nigeria. Here , we disobey the law with impunity and becos of our law enforcement agencies are not effective, we tend to believe we can do the same in other countries.

You cant help but keep wondering why any sane person will want to smuggle hard drugs to the Arab nations, singapore, Malaysia inspite of the strict laws!!! To me its nothing but insanity.

If Nigeria condones illegal immigrant, other countries will not. So let stop crying over what is not. If you violate the law of any land , you should be ready to face the consequences. There are hundreds if not thousands of Nigerians in various jails in Asian countries becos of drug related matters, they are fully aware of the onsequences before they went there, perhaps they think they can bribe their way out just like we do here. The fact that one person succeed in such act doesnt mean everyone else will.
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by EI(m): 11:37am On Sep 10, 2008
Someone just sent me this link and I must write that the Thread has been enlightening.

While nothing quite new for those following international issues and politics, China never ceases to shock the world with her extremes. Not just against dark skinned immigrants, but also against her own citizenry! shocked
For Nigerians who seek greener pastures in Asia & Middle East, they must understand the risks associated with breaking the laws of their hosts, simple! Those guys don't pamper like the Westerners do, i.e. with cosy jails and light sentences. . .

Agaba, thanks for the link from DailymailUK.
For those who haven't had time to read through, please find below some excerpts:

African immigrants to Beijing have been rounded up from popular tourist areas such as San li Tun, Beijing's equivalent of Soho.
The patrols of the red- shirted groups are constant. Even now, with the Games under way, some residents are not safe from arrest and incarceration.
'Tony', a Nigerian entrepreneur who has lived in China for the past three years, watched as dozens of his African friends were arrested last month. He hasn't seen them since.
'I started running when I saw what was happening,' he told me. 'I've heard they are in the camps. I'm just keeping my head down until you lot [foreigners] go and hoping it all returns to normal.'
With the few remaining black people and some gay men banned from entire areas, along with instructions from the authorities that they should not be served in bars or restaurants. . .

A comment to the article (DailyMail site) is also apt:

I am a black British person who lived in Beijing on and off for over 10 years, but am now back in Britain. My opinion is that any African male (As opposed to African American or Afro-Caribbean person) is a mug to hang around Sanlitun. Everyone knows the police will be after you, so why put yourself in that situation in a totalitarian state? If you stay out of that district and away from drug dealers, you will have no problem. In all my time in Beijing, I never had problems with the police. Staying out of trouble is actually not that difficult.

- A Lewis, Beijing, China, 16/8/2008 08:33
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by carmelily: 11:45am On Sep 10, 2008
@topic
na as you keep your head dem go barb am. full stop.
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 10, 2008
[s]I am a black British person who lived in Beijing on and off for over 10 years, but am now back in Britain. My opinion is that any African male (As opposed to African American or Afro-Caribbean person) is a mug to hang around Sanlitun. Everyone knows the police will be after you, so why put yourself in that situation in a totalitarian state? If you stay out of that district and away from drug dealers, you will have no problem. In all my time in Beijing, I never had problems with the police. Staying out of trouble is actually not that difficult.[/s]

Good one @ EI!!! The KoKO is jst STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!!! so that you won't be going through hell, and get your papers RiT! tongue

For ppl wey dey talk say wetin dem find go china!! depends on individual, china is a place for biz, not hussling!! if you go hussle for theiR!! ur yanch go OPen cos dem population self too mucH!! You can only go to china to study (Technology aspecT) they are very good, and you come back home to work or the part of the world if you got opportunity, But I learnt teaching English is CHINA is cool, they pay like 2500USD per month,
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by mekk(m): 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2008
sad sad
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by Pennywise(m): 1:26pm On Sep 10, 2008
carmelily:

@topic
na as you keep your head them go barb am. full stop.
At least make no china man go begin pursue me with clipper because I be black!

Take it or leave it. The average china man is racist towards black persons.I can't understand what they hinge their sense of superiority on whether it is their diminutive stature or their peculiar oriental ugliness.

They will discriminate against you whether you are a legal or not. Unfortunately the Chinese Government is making this prejudice a state policy by asking bar tenders not to serve blacks.It is unfortunate that their irresponsible govt will behave this way knowing fully well that Chinese citizens are every where (looking for opportunities) including Nigeria where we can easily have them for lunch.
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2008
According to my Friend that stays in cHINA, he said Igbo ppl especially cause violent in this city GUANGZOU, that where you can find them most. He told me most of them has sold their passport, over stayed and most sell Drugs, they fight on the road, also they beat the police men, he said whites too do also but only few, so wat do you expect from the chinese dem go cut their EYES comot gan if possible!!! grin
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by slyk2(m): 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2008
as far as some men will want ''greener pastures'' like that, their stories will remain same.

look inwards! what you are looking for in China is in Nigeria.

PLAN b4 ACTION in the right direction.
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by Emad(f): 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2008
what would anybody be going to do in China?
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by capsmo(m): 2:48pm On Sep 10, 2008
I only knew Germans to be racists;
i didn't know that the Chinese have joined 'em too.
Nigerians wake up!
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by capsmo(m): 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2008
@ emad,
nice signature u have here!
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2008
'
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by Emad(f): 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2008
capsmo True huh!! wink
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by eudio(f): 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2008
did somebody say china?

tufiakua, God forbid
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by princekevo(m): 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2008
faakay:

According to my Friend that stays in cHINA, he said Igbo people especially cause violent in this city GUANGZOU, that where you can find them most. He told me most of them has sold their passport, over stayed and most sell Drugs, they fight on the road, also they beat the police men, he said whites too do also but only few, so what do you expect from the chinese them go cut their EYES comot gan if possible!!! grin

That is true talk men but not only Igbo and Other tribes,even other nationals are there on the street.Wht are are they doing? selling drugs and doing all sort of illegal shits.I leave in a small portugues colony chinese island(Macau).Though not fully under china now but made up of chinese.Non there not humuliate me, even they respect me when talk to them at work.Those Nigerian there mostly in gaunzogh there deserve wht they are passing coz there are the once distroying the Blacks image here mosly Nigerian image.
So u should blame chinese government coz they made their law so strong that even their citizen would be scared to commit crime when they think of the consequencies. So those laws wasnt made for Nigerians alone.
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by mikail001(m): 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2008
What a nauseating dance of shame by kings before the very eyes of their servants! I am obliged to say here that the Nigerian state is sick and needs to be overhauled! The entire value system is delapidated and needs adequate restructuring less worse is still impending.

China? Did you say China? What a shame! What an outright debasement of our very existence. It is very saddening that the village called Nigeria has snatched away the kingdom from its people and subjected them to servitude. Those that are to trail and learn from our ways are seen today as though ahead of us. Just this afternoon on my way to the bank, I saw Nigerians clamouring to submit their forms at the China embassy. I felt a chill run down my spine as my heart ached.

There are a number of opportunities here in this country only if we can reason. It is a fact that the leaders have done next to nothing to the citizenry of this nation. But it suffices to mention that in the absence of any government help, we can live better in this country rather than subject ourselves to the knawing claws of circumstances. I pray for this country!

Mikail
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by chase4(m): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2008
while we discuss China and its racism let us realise that we have an in-house tribalist called fakaay.

@ fakaay, What is your problem with the Igbos? If you want to shoot aim straight and do it right.
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by A40(m): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2008
Whatever happened to places like Dubai or Japan what am i going to do in that miserable country?Is it to buy second hand goods? tongue
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by coolboy100(m): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2008
in short i no get comment!!!
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by k1banty(m): 12:20am On Sep 11, 2008
china is already overpopulated,

i know nigerians are there strictly for business.

but anyone could find himself/herself in unusual situation and that definitely means you have to face the consequences of your prolong stay.

nigerians especially suffer alot when they travel out of the country (with that niger passport), we are well known for scams and drug trafficking.

how i wish our government could make this country a better place.
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by samir101ng(m): 1:03am On Sep 11, 2008
Where is n-guage ? grin grin grin

Come and defend your african brothers. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by miraexcel(f): 1:40am On Sep 11, 2008
faakay:

According to my Friend that stays in cHINA, he said Igbo people especially cause violent in this city GUANGZOU, that where you can find them most. He told me most of them has sold their passport, over stayed and most sell Drugs, they fight on the road, also they beat the police men, he said whites too do also but only few, so what do you expect from the chinese them go cut their EYES comot gan if possible!!! grin

This is a fact. I lived in china for about 7 years and can testify. Our guys bring the whole embarrassment to themselves. None of these our guys in china wants to be any patient , they all want to go home and build mansions overnight. Drug business has become a very open  and rampant businnes among naija guys in china. They rape chinese girls on regular bases, fight on the street  with knives, and so many others. The worst is that all these bad guys don't even have passport cause they sell them as soon as they enter;  tell me how the police is going to spare them with all these?
Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell! by miraexcel(f): 2:00am On Sep 11, 2008
Vallo57 (m)
usa

Re: Nigerians Living Illegally In China Are Now Going Through Hell!
« #56 on: Yesterday at 05:18:27 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Chinese are what I call an equal opportunity abuser. They believe they are better than average Blackman. They are are crooked and and will pull one over you any opportunity the get. I've been in Guangzhou city for the annual trade fair and to transact business several times. Every visit was a learning experience for me. Nigerians are really going through hell over there.You see Nigerians walking the streets and trying to survive in any way possible.

As a foreigner, you are not allow to own a car, not even Okada. You have to partner with a Chinese person to own a Business or use a Chinese person as front. Here in Nigeria you see these "Akapor" Chinese riding around in style and Nigerians treating them like gods.

My dear i wonder if you have really been to china as you claim. I had a car and a bycycle while in china though obtaining the driving licence and registration isn't as easy as it's in naija plus international driving licence isn't allowed. You can buy any kind of property you deem fit as long as you are a legal resident and have the money,
Racism is in china(especially in the villages) just like every other country. i only know you have a problem when you live ilegally and when you can't understand the language. I advise anyone going to china to make sure he has his right papers and ready to study the language first if he really want to succeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Live And Work In Malta / The Bad Road That Was Abandoned For Years In Ijora-Badia, Lagos / Osita Chidoka: Disparity In Air-fares At Nigerian Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.