Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud (1503 Views)

Spectranet Is A Fraud / The 3g/3.5g Thread / MTN 3.5g! The Snare Has Already Caught My Friend! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by demybk(m): 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2008
I bought the MTN 3.5G Internet card because of the mega advertisement by the GSM giant that buyers can browse at the 3G speed without hindrance. But I got the shock of my life after using it for two days on the 3G profile only to be battling with the slow connection, a far cry from the widely advertised 3G connection. The connection speed is now permanently on GPRS.

Can I term MTN as fraudulent? because the only reason for buying was the thought of browsing at the 3G speed!!!

1 Like

Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by Dclique(m): 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2008
And after som ppl wil say free browsing is illegal.This is one of d reason why i dnt look bck when am cheating any ntwrk,cus they do worse.In calls,txt msgs,internet services etc,they cheat us. @Poster,sry bout that.You should hav gone 4 visafone
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by ExInferis(m): 6:08pm On Sep 10, 2008
demybk:

I bought the MTN 3.5G Internet card because of the mega advertisement by the GSM giant that buyers can browse at the 3G speed without hindrance. But I got the shock of my life after using it for two days on the 3G profile only to be battling with the slow connection, a far cry from the widely advertised 3G connection. The connection speed is now permanently on GPRS.

Can I term MTN as fraudulent? because the only reason for buying was the thought of browsing at the 3G speed!!!

my gripe exactly. i assume you are using the USB modem. if so, go to settings, connection, profile and set to "3G Only". some of the USB modems have a problem of renegotiating a dropped 3G connection if set as "3G Preferred", permanently remaining fixed at GPRS.

however you still wont get true broadband speed.
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by kulex2k1(m): 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2008
mind u the 3.5G data card can switch between 3.5G and GPRS, depending on the service available at a time when u loose 3.5G network in ur area, it automatically switches to GPRS and vice versa.
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by honsule(m): 7:38pm On Sep 10, 2008
Dclique:

And after som people wil say free browsing is illegal.This is one of d reason why i dnt look bck when am cheating any ntwrk,cus they do worse.In calls,txt msgs,internet services etc,they cheat us.

i concur with u
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by toluxa1(m): 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2008
i recur
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by flyuche(m): 11:58pm On Sep 10, 2008
@poster . where is your location? don't come to any conclusion yet.
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by Dclique(m): 12:07am On Sep 11, 2008
@honsule,yes o.i hope everyone does too.cus i hav vowed that i wil make al these ntwrk pay!!, **smoking a cigar n feeling lika DON**hahahaha
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by flyuche(m): 12:49am On Sep 11, 2008
@Dclique. stop kidding yourself. you can't do shit.you aint no hacker.
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by Dclique(m): 12:58am On Sep 11, 2008
@fly,whats ur beef man?.atleast am more comfortable wif ma trcks than u, thats if u hav n-e.
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by samir101ng(m): 1:20am On Sep 11, 2008
SHIT !!! shocked shocked shocked The beef is on. grin grin grin. Let em have it flyuche. Dude, he's disrespecting you.
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by flyuche(m): 1:46am On Sep 11, 2008
Dclique:

@fly,whats your beef man?.atleast am more comfortable with ma trcks than u, thats if u hav n-e.
we are trying to help a brother who has spent his hard earned money to get a service out. don't turn this discuss into a hack session. the only thing you should show here is contribution to the topic.
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by onefifty4(f): 8:00am On Sep 11, 2008
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by ayusman16(m): 10:02am On Sep 11, 2008
demybk:

Are u in a 3G coverage area cos i believe that's one of the conditions for the usage otherwise it would be on GPRS speed?
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by Ogboraph(m): 10:48am On Sep 11, 2008
Kai this guy done fall mugu. @poster why should you do that. Going to buy mtn 3.5G data card, when you phone that is 3G compatible can give you faster speed as long as you are on 3G coverage area. Using FBT TRICK.
Look guys when i went to Abuja i was using mtn 3G on P C with mtn Free Browsing Trick and the Speed is fantastic. At first it was not working as i got to Abuja but i found my way out To use my N70-1 music edition With 3G network and PC.
@poster pls learn the hard way and join FBT.
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by xcubed(m): 2:23pm On Sep 11, 2008
Kulex2k1 is absolutely right because the 3g network flunctuates a lot so when it goes off, it reverts to 2g or 2.75 depending on your phone and location, never mind mtn!
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by Ogboraph(m): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2008
@excub the poster said he bought MTN 3.5G data card, and not a phone.
So why are you saying "depending on your phone?
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by honsule(m): 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2008
@Ralph. in God we trust and on men we manage cool cool cool.how u dey?
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by Ogboraph(m): 3:34pm On Sep 11, 2008
@honsule My oga i hail oh. I am cool my wife sends greetings saying " hail your internet freind BARISTER HONSULE for me" so i hail oh big bros
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by honsule(m): 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2008
Ogboraph:

@honsule My oga i hail oh. I am cool my wife sends greetings saying " hail your internet freind BARISTER HONSULE for me" so i hail oh big bros

my regards to her too. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by Ogboraph(m): 4:12pm On Sep 11, 2008
Is this your new style ? cool cool cool with sun-sheld you look as a big Boy.
I know what i mean by say "you look as a big Boy" and not you look "like" a big Boy
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by honsule(m): 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2008
@Ralph. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by flyuche(m): 11:20pm On Sep 11, 2008
raph stop all these your mischievious claims.
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by ExInferis(m): 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2008
xcubed:

Kulex2k1 is absolutely right because the 3g network flunctuates a lot so when it goes off, it reverts to 2g or 2.75 depending on your phone and location, never mind mtn!

and

ayusman16:

Are u in a 3G coverage area because i believe that's one of the conditions for the usage otherwise it would be on GPRS speed?

like i mentioned, if you choose your connection profile to be "3G Only" it wont revert back to GPRS and will stay until the 3G signal returns. if however you opt for "3G Preferred" then it will keep dropping you back to GPRS where some Modems remain fixed.
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by cabali(m): 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2008
I dont know why this hard for u peeps to decipher.

Data nodes are installed on base stations serving different lines. The base station could have 2.5 (gprs) 2.75(Edge) and/or 3g/3.5. Now the service provider has these nodes up and running at all times but anytime the the 3g node goes down, there should be an automatic switching occurrence powered by the data card that u are using.

So once you are connected, the speed basically depends on

1. service is available 2.5, 2.75, 3, 3.5g

2. The amount of people downloading at the time in the area (since the speed is actually shared)

it is on few cases that u can actually get the full speed supported by the datacard u are using.

the settings of ur datacard can be made to permit auto switch to gprs (if 3g goes down). and it can also be set so connection is lost anytime 3g is lost.

hope this makes sense! cool
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by cabali(m): 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2008
Meanwhile I envisage, the launch of ZAIN 3g Data card. They cant miss from all this right?
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by sirchrislatestn(m): 5:54pm On Oct 16, 2021
That Tecno spark3 story is exactly with mine right am enjoying infinix note 10 lite
Re: Mtn 3.5g - A Fraud by sirchrislatestn(m): 5:55pm On Oct 16, 2021
demybk:

Can I term MTN as fraudulent? becaus only reason for buying was the thought of browsing at the 3G speed!!!
thisame story with mine exactly like my own

(1) (Reply)

Activate Zain Sim For Wap! / Pictures Of Apple's Next-generation Iphone 5S & The New Iphone 5C / Google Teases The Public On Android L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.