Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America (8155 Views)

Soldier Kills Woman In Ondo Army Barracks (pics) / Man Attempts To Molest Pregnant Woman In Broad Daylight(photo) / 16 Year Old Boy Robs, Rapes 52-Year-Old Woman In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Seun(m): 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2006
Orikinla, I didn't mean to attack you personally but the idea that men can beat women who "err" is terrible.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Eastcoast(f): 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2006
@ seun, u can say that again. i wonder where this guy(orinkinla) gets his ideas from coz he is like always saying things that are totally screwed and twisted.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Jewaira(f): 7:35pm On Jul 06, 2006
I suppose if a woman is slapped in America and she is the kind to put up with abuse - be it physical or verbal - or she is unaware of her rights, then one can get away unpunished.

Slapping anyone with the aim of degrading or humiliation is an abominable act.

And with regards to a man abusing his woman and then loving her, I think there are plenty of examples of that worldwide. Is it that women are forgiving or just plain stupid?

I wrote some verses on this awhile ago in my blog:
http://jewaira./2006/01/28/dark-anger-2/#comments
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by rikkyjen(m): 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2006
Here in Indianapolis where i stay, Can Y'all imagine the Police/Cops know Nigerian men are wife batterers. Infact when you get to the downtown police Headquarters and you as a female report battery/ assault, without telling them who you are, the cops are gonna ask "Are you a nigerian". To the doubting thomases, Dont even insinuate accent cos Nigerians who have spent decades here with posh accent are still asked the same question by the cops. Negative image you might call it.

well, a naija man slapped his wife a month ago, the wife called 911, the cops came, sent the man out and promised to charge him to court the next time.The man was in jail tempoarily, later on the cops asked the wife if they should realease him, she said Yes. Even after all this batterings/ assault , the women still opens their thighs at the slighest arousal (on that same day). Like orkinla said Strange Love!!!!
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Orikinla(m): 9:02pm On Jul 06, 2006
Orikinla is only saying what is going on in Nigeria and was honest enough to confess the only time I ever slapped someone and that person is my sister and I told you all why I did it. And I never repeated it.

What do you ladies want Orikinla to be?
Angel Michael?

I don't like hypocrisy.

Is slapping the only form of maltreatment against women?

Some even use sex as a form of punishment.

Eastcoaster,
I have never slapped Linda and God help any man who even attempts it.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by hotangel2(f): 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2006
I don't even know what to say.

Don't lay a finger on any woman. If my friends or cousins, sisters, or any female i know tells me anyman laid a finger on her, I say God help that man.

Haaaa NO oo! I won't beat him myself. SHuu, i don't want the same beating. We will do it the "u-know-how" way. That guy will never beat a woman anymore. Infact he won't know that the beating he just recived was for beating a woman. It'll just be him tasting what beating is like.

My dad has said it. "If a man lays a finger on you, That's the end of it. Even if he comes back and says "I love you baby", don't agree to it because any man that beats you once, will most deffinitely do it again. He said The first time will be his fault, but if u let it happen again, it's your fault".

U either set the record straight by Standing up for yourself, or better yet, Leave him the hell alone. One beaten, twice shy.

I have decided, no amount of Love can make me stay with her man that beats me. Whatever makes him THINK of beating me, and further more going ahead to BEAT me, is not Love.

Why stay with someone who doesn't love you? Beating is no way of telling someone u love them. Ignoring someone or Using words alone, can pain them more than when u beat them.

They say words are more painful than Cane itself. lol

Sorry i started preaching. Just had to say my mind.

BTW, no man should beat a woman.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by mochafella(m): 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2006
Yes the law offers domestic violence protection, but then the woman has to be willing to press charges. Even if the cops are called and the victim/wife refuses to press charges, I beleive there is little the cops can do. Hence the emphasis on programs to get women to report domestic abuse.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Orikinla(m): 9:34pm On Jul 06, 2006
Wife battering and other acts of violence against women are most common in developing countries.

Most women have been abused in Nigeria. But, they were silent and one of my cousins died from the wounds inflicted on her when her husband beat her.

How many cases of rape are reported and prosecuted in Nigeria, talkless of slapping a woman?

I said fathers who slapped their daughters.
Husbands who slapped their wives and boyfriends who slapped their girlfriends thought they were doing so to discipline insolent weaker people. Because, they were stronger than their victims.

Don't misunderstand me and jump to conclusions that I meant women are the weaker sex.

What of older and stronger sisters who bully the younger and weaker sisters.

Those who don't seem to read between my lines should read my posts in comprehensive analysis and not from a narrow-minded perspective.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by mamaput(f): 9:49pm On Jul 06, 2006
I do not know what to think.
Send a man to jail making him lose his job. For one slap.
One slap . in that case better to beat the shit out of the woman to make it worth it.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Orikinla(m): 10:07pm On Jul 06, 2006
Mamaput!!!
Please!
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by mamaput(f): 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2006
Please?
That man can be my brother, my son my husband .
Your brother your son your father. sitting in jail for one slap
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by hotangel2(f): 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2006
mamaput, i hope im not reading wat im reading.

SO u mean a man shouldn't be sent to jail for beating a woman up?

U mean if he'll go to jail he should beat the woman well well so jail is worth it? Jeez undecided
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Orikinla(m): 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2006
My mother gave me a hot slap when I misbehaved.
The hottest slap I have ever received.

I was enraptured watching a sexy babe named Tope gyrating to the music of a live Juju band in Obalende in the 70s. I did not even notice when my beloved mother came from behind and gave me a hot slap and pulled me by my right ear to our house.

I deserved that hot slap. But it did not stop me from ogling at sexy babes. grin
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by desiree(f): 10:24pm On Jul 06, 2006
All am going to say is that, if a man dare lays his hands on me, he would wish the police got hold of him first and not my bros.

So men, that think they can throw their weight around, let them keep beating their wives and see what they get, when the meet their match!!!  cool cool
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by diddy4(m): 11:29pm On Jul 06, 2006
the last blood my baseball bat tested before i left naija was the blood of a dude that pushed my sister when he was walking by. my sister fell and scratched her skin a bit. kai, the guy hear am. if i can remember, i left him with 8 stiches. i aint a thug or anything, but just dont touch my sisters cuzz i will be upside your head.

never ever touch a woman. only a coward beats a woman. if u want who to beat, go to ajegunle and fight one of those guys. although they will forget bottle for your stomach but u stilll try fight them shaa.

no man should beat any woman. women are such a wonderful creatures. they are so wonderful that u cant understand them. shocked shocked shocked

they are so wonderful that Nelson Mandela spent 27 years in south african jail with hard labor, came out and divorced his wife after 6 months. what is his reason? i cant handle her no more. someone that spent 27 years in jail cant handle a woman for 6 months. shocked shocked shocked shocked, that is how wonderfu women are.

i like me girls. i like my african queens. kiss kiss kiss kiss thou shall beat no woman. grin grin grin
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by desiree(f): 12:07am On Jul 07, 2006
@ diddy4

That was the most sensible thing i have heard in a long time, Well said.

The same thing happened to my sister when she was dating this guy, she threatened to leave him and in order to stop her from leaving and he held her by her neck against the door. She got bruised all over.

One of my brothers got to know about this, although my sis told him that it was nothing to worry about. My brother went to this guy’s house, which he was sharing with my sis---OMG!!! He soo beat the living daylight and crap out of his cowardly ass, at the end it was my sis begging him to stop, She had to called the police and the Ambulance service.

She told the coppers to take both of them because she was tired, the boyfriend ended up in the ambulance.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by diddy4(m): 12:12am On Jul 07, 2006
desiree:

@ diddy4

That was the most sensible thing i have heard in a long time, Well said.

thanks

The same thing happened to my sister when she was dating this guy, she threatened to leave him and in order to stop her from leaving and he held her by her neck against the door. She got bruised all over.

thats too bad and stupid.

One of my brothers got to know about this, although my sis told him that it was nothing to worry about. My brother went to this guy’s house, which he was sharing with my sis---OMG!!! He soo beat the living daylight and crap out of his cowardly ass, at the end it was my sis begging him to stop, She had to called the police and the Ambulance service.

and i thought i was hard on the one dat touched my sis. that one will never forget me. i beat him. i love baseball bats. shocked

She told the coppers to take both of them because she was tired, the boyfriend ended up in the ambulance.

kai, this is funny. the both of them. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

it is really stupid for a guy to touch a girl. is not good. if you want to prove you are a man, go to ajegunle, when they handle you ehhh, you wont left hand to touch person again.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by desiree(f): 12:23am On Jul 07, 2006
True talk, you are a good brother---my bros are ready to maim anybody that hits their family, it also helps that they are 6'4 and pump irons!!!LOL
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by diddy4(m): 12:26am On Jul 07, 2006
6'4? pump irons? shocked shocked shocked shocked i pity the soul of the man that touches any of you. his grave will be 8 feet not 6 feet.

i love my baseball bat. it always comes in handy. i just swing at the guys head and stomach and the rest is history. i have only beat 4 guys cuzz of my sister. just four and each got some stiches. the highest was 8 stiches and he was the last dude.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by desiree(f): 12:28am On Jul 07, 2006
diddy4:

6'4? pump irons? shocked shocked shocked shocked i pity the soul of the man that touches any of you. his grave will be 8 feet not 6 feet.

LOL!!!! grin grin
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by thelastdon(m): 3:59am On Jul 07, 2006
who told you a woman cannot receive igbaju oloyi in america, dts F9, only people like me can chill about slapping a woman but some american agberos will slap a woman until dem hands begin to scracth them.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Nia: 6:30am On Jul 07, 2006
Like someone said you can only get away with assaulting people if they choose not to press charges. Otherwise, there's penalty when people have enough evidence to press charges for assualt. It's not there just for women, it also protects men who are "assaulted because they're physically weaker" and everyone in between.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by mamaput(f): 8:16am On Jul 07, 2006
hot-angel:

mamaput, i hope im not reading what im reading.

SO u mean a man shouldn't be sent to jail for beating a woman up?

U mean if he'll go to jail he should beat the woman well well so jail is worth it? Jeez undecided

we are only talking of a slap one slap
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by mamaput(f): 9:24am On Jul 07, 2006
If i have a boy friendand heslaps me , i will break up with him .
I will advise my kids to do the same.
A clean cut no police no baseball bat nothing.
I will only go to the police if the man goes too far,
Beating up and a slap are not the same thing.
Any way a man in germany dose not go to jail just
like that.

Even if i will have to conseider very well if its worth spoiling his life for him.
He goes to jail  has lost his job maybe house etc. For even two slaps its not worth it.
For a bblueeye maybe also not . may be if i land in hospital and he used the fist.
But not for an open hand slap, 

Worse if the man is the father of my children. What will the children say in school .
My dad is in AuAustralia
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Shine: 10:44am On Jul 07, 2006
Mamaput_
"Even if i will have to conseider very well if its worth spoiling his life for him.
He goes to jail has lost his job maybe house etc. For even two slaps its not worth it.
For a bblueeye maybe also not . may be if i land in hospital and he used the fist.
But not for an open hand slap, "

Violence is violence.
If he is stupid enough to put his hands on you, then he deserves what he gets.
Whether its a baseball bat or a night in jail to think about other ways he COULD have handled that situation.
Men, just like anyone else, need to take responsibility for their actions. They can't expect to control what people do because they don't like a behavior.
How can one teach children that they reap what they sow - but acting out violently, with only a slap or two is the way to go. How can one expect to tell a child that temper tantrums are wrong if there are adults who act out because they don't get their way?
Not cool at all.

What does a person tell the children of an abusive parent?
Well - for starters, NOT telling them something and treating it like its acceptable plants seeds that abuse is okay. If you don't like something someone says or does - hit them! Then the cycle continues.

Telling them daddy f**ked up and needed to learn a lesson.

It would be a learning experience for all! Kids learn hitting is wrong, Dad learns to keep his hands to himself (hopefully).
Mommy earns the respect of the kids because she didn't roller over and continue to be a victim.

As for Domestic Violence in North America, the rules differ depending on where you are.
There are some women who won't press charges against a man who has abused them, but the city will proceed and the woman has nothing to say about it. Seattle, Washington is like that, I know there are other places as well.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by mamaput(f): 1:51pm On Jul 07, 2006
Do not take this as an insult but some were along the line i may hear you talk bible talk here.
is it not turn the other cheek and not a head for an eye,
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Nia: 3:45pm On Jul 07, 2006
I agree with Shine. There's no such thing as a Harmless slap. And claiming that because it's just one slap, it's okay is something I have to disagree with. Imagine if the person being slapped weighs like 100 pounds. And the slapper weighs like 300 Ibs. You can imagine how much more damaging one slap will be to the person being assaulted(100 lb). One person might claim that one slap is no big deal and just let it go, which will only encourage him that it's okay to do it again. But if the next time he slaps someone that's not as physically strong (maybe someone weighing 100 Ibs), one can imagine, that it would be more dangerous for that individual.
Violence is violence and it should not be encouraged.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by mochafella(m): 6:21pm On Jul 07, 2006
Nia:

Imagine if the person being slapped weighs like 100 pounds. And the slapper weighs like 300 Ibs.

erm, with that weight differential you don't need a slap, just roll over them. grin grin
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by hotangel2(f): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2006
mamaput:

we are only talking of a slap one slap

mamaput, if any woman allows one slap, there's probability of her getting one kick, one blow, one koboko lashing, one push against the wall.

So i dont think there's any justifiable reason why u should let anyman beat you. If u say shebi it's only one time, well be ready for more.

It's sad that u agree that a man can give a woman one slap.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Nia: 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2006
mochafella:

erm, with that weight differential you don't need a slap, just roll over them. grin grin
LOL
Chei! see experience talking!
ehn,  mochafella, you be woman beater? Cause, I don't know about you, but this sounds like an encouragement for woman beating o.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by mamaput(f): 10:20pm On Jul 07, 2006
hot-angel do not put words into my mouth .
I never sid i will allow it ,. And 9 did say i will berak up with him and advise my kids zo do the same.
I never said its ok to slap a woman.

But and a very big but i will not want the man to go to jail because of[b] A[/b] slap.
We are talking about slap not so .
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by hotangel2(f): 10:23pm On Jul 07, 2006
Im only saying, a slap can lead to so many things.

SO report him for that [b]A [/b]slap. Then he'll learn his lessons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Power Generation Loses 1,108MW, Drops To 3,456MW / Boko Haram Attacked Military Arm Store, Several Soldiers Killed (very Graphic Ph / See How 24 Year Old Lady Looks Now In Just 4 Months Of Using Drugs (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.