Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Where Is Phillip Osondu? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Where Is Phillip Osondu? (21980 Views)

Ballon D'or Becoming A Mess (Phillip Lahm) / Phillip Hughes: A Year On From His Death. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Phillip Osondu? by vikiviko(m): 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2008
These stars made football great to watch those days, who are YOUR favorite retired stars both home and abraod.

Phillip OSONDU
Christopher Nwosu
Dimeji LAWAL
Tony Emedolu
Tony baffoe- Ghanian
Emmanuel Kunde- cameroun
Olumide Harris
Careca- Brazil

aDD YOURS
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by vikiviko(m): 4:38pm On Sep 11, 2008
Please can somebody name the squad list of the Italian Under 17 team at CANADA 87,we played the italain in the semi final.
There was this guy wearing jersey No.17. Tapollini, can anybody remeber him?

Also in that great team was Fabio Gallo and Machello Mehli, please where are these guys?
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by MrCrackles(m): 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2008
Dimeji Lawal for me- He was skillful and quick!! cheesy

I used to like Friday Elahor and Etim Esin back then too
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by Ifeniyi22(m): 4:08pm On Sep 12, 2008
Phillip Osondu ke??
Thats probably someone's grandfather oooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by Ifeniyi22(m): 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2008
Where is Lemmy Isa?
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by vikiviko(m): 10:39am On Sep 13, 2008
Lemmy ISSA a fantastic goalkeeper.
The last i heard of him , he was a goalkeeper with Lobi bank, long ago

Where is this guy David Ngodiga?
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by superstan(m): 11:58am On Sep 13, 2008
vikiviko:

Please can somebody name the squad list of the Italian Under 17 team at CANADA 87,we played the italain in the semi final.
There was this guy wearing jersey No.17. Tapollini, can anybody remeber him?

Also in that great team was Fabio Gallo and Machello Mehli, please where are these guys?

the player u were talking about is massimiliano cappellini wearing jersey number 11.

he is tall almost luca toni-esque but i have never seen a more dangerous opponent against any nigerian team.

cappellini nearly broke lemmy isa's spine with some trade mark shots and deft touches.

he scored twice on the night but referee disallowed both goals. . . . i can never forget cappellini and yuri nikiforov(ussr) in that tournament.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by idupaul: 12:04pm On Sep 13, 2008
Ifeniyi22:

Where is Lemmy Isa?

He is in Makurdi benue state, the guy just became a bum that hangs out playing draught and doing part time okada, sad shei thats naija 4 u.

superstan:

the player u were talking about is massimiliano cappellini wearing jersey number 11.

he is tall almost luca toni-esque but i have never seen a more dangerous opponent against any nigerian team.

cappellini nearly broke lemmy isa's spine with some trade mark shots and deft touches.

he scored twice on the night but referee disallowed both goals. . . . i can never forget cappellini and yuri nikiforov(ussr) in that tournament.

oh boy una old oooo

1 Like

Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by MrCrackles(m): 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2008
idupaul:

He is in Makurdi benue state, the guy just became a bum that hangs out playing draught and doing part time okada, sad shei thats naija for you.

ewooo! shocked shocked shocked

okada biko?
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by idupaul: 12:11pm On Sep 13, 2008
Brash!:

ewooo! shocked shocked shocked

okada biko?

am serious, even john zaki is now a boke a$$ with no dime. nt to talk of lemmy that played soccer when there was no money.
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by MrCrackles(m): 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2008
idupaul:

am serious, even john zaki is now a boke a$$ with no dime. nt to talk of lemmy that played soccer when there was no money.

ol'boy this situation serious ooo!

chei!!
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by DeepZone: 5:15am On Sep 15, 2008
chinedu anazownu(edu brazil)
Duke Udi
Friday Ekpo
Thompson Oliha
michael Emenalo
chidi nwanu
Emeka Ezego

George Campos
Socrates
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by MsMs: 10:33am On Sep 15, 2008
Sadly, Philip Osondu - one of nIgerias best emerging stars back in the day is now loafing in Belgium (HAS BEEN FOR A LONG WHILE) doing what he's got to do to feed his family. The guy brought so much pride to Naija that I would respect him and not disclose his job ?.
Thinking about such people just vexes you Fatai Atere even once did some small jobs in London as at 1993/4 he should have become a hero
Antony Bafoe was last spotted in Germany during the last world cup jumping about anywhere Ghanian team went as one of the "organisers" while Christopher Nwosu was also spotted in East London University about 5 years back studying IT. angry angry
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by grandjedi(m): 3:39pm On Sep 15, 2008
Ha!!!Phillip Osondu, Lemmy Isah shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
This is very bad. embarassed embarassed embarassed
It's this kind of story that tempts Nigerian sportsmen to adopt other countries that will treat them better.
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by vikiviko(m): 5:39pm On Sep 16, 2008
i can never forget cappellini and yuri nikiforov(ussr,) THESE guys made the under 17 tournament great that year.

Undoubtedly to me the best under 17 Nigeria ever had was the sctland 1989 squad, please remind of the team members.
I know a few, Victor Ikpeba, Segun Fetuga, Godwin Okpara, Kayode Keshinro, Andrew Aikhomogbe, Jide Oguntuase etc
Great squad but never won the title.

Where is this guy, Emeka Amadi, reserve goalkeeper at Saudi 89
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by Raimond(m): 9:45am On Sep 17, 2008
Who remembers Tarila Okorowanta and Totty Okoro Totty
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by youngies(m): 2:47pm On Sep 17, 2008
Undoubtedly to me the best under 17 Nigeria ever had was the sctland 1989 squad, please remind of the team members.
I know a few, Victor Ikpeba, Segun Fetuga, Godwin Okpara, Kayode Keshinro, Andrew Aikhomogbe, Jide Oguntuase etc
Great squad but never won the title.

You forgot to mention a certain Peter Ogaba

Who remembers Tarila Okorowanta and Totty Okoro Totty

I do remember Totty O Totty back in the days o’dl with Rangers Int'l . . . where he is?. . . I hear he got a shop at artisan market in Enugu selling broilers and old layers
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2008
youngies:

I do remember Totty O Totty back in the days o’dl with Rangers Int'l . . . where he is?. . . I hear he got a shop at artisan market in Enugu selling broilers and old layers

odikwa serious! grin
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by Queenisha: 2:57pm On Sep 17, 2008
I don't know any of these people but I'm sure my man would.
Chei!
a former footballer selling hens in artisan
Is that the one in Ogui area?
This is bad o

I was born in Enugu
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by youngies(m): 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2008
davidylan:

odikwa serious! grin

Ngwanu, he is still better than Ndubuisi Ndah that is now sell okirika by the road at holy ghost park  wink
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Sep 17, 2008
youngies:

Ngwanu, he is still better than Ndubuisi Ndah that is now sell okirika by the road at holy ghost park wink

Cheii!!! cheesy
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by Queenisha: 3:00pm On Sep 17, 2008
youngies:

Ngwanu, he is still better than Ndubuisi Ndah that is now sell okirika by the road at holy ghost park  wink

Chineke God of Zik Avenue!
Youngies you're bringing back memories o
Holy Ghost park near Ogbete market?
My uncle sold  plastics there.
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2008
what is with igbos and trading? grin
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by youngies(m): 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2008
Queenisha:

I don't know any of these people but I'm sure my man would.
Chei!
a former footballer selling hens in artisan
Is that the one in Ogui area?
This is bad o

I was born in Enugu

Osisi you very correct, infact his shop is at the intersection between Ogui and Asata  cheesy
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by Queenisha: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2008
davidylan:

what is with igbos and trading? grin

stay there David.
Okirika is big lucrative business.
My grandfather was a big time Okirika merchant in Enugu and he built the first zinc house in my village grin
and sent his children and relatives to school selling Okirika.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by Queenisha: 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2008
youngies:

Osisi you very correct, infact his shop is at the intersection between Ogui and Asata  cheesy

Eziokwu!
do they still have the abokis selling suya in Asata near the stadium area?
where i got round and hookworms from grin

Kai I miss my childhood O
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2008
Queenisha:

stay there David.
Okirika is big lucrative business.
My grandfather was a big time Okirika merchant in Enugu and he built the first zinc house in my village grin
and sent his children and relatives to school selling Okirika.

Its not too late to open a store there and get some broilers too. cheesy
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by Queenisha: 3:12pm On Sep 17, 2008
davidylan:

Its not too late to open a store there and get some broilers too. cheesy

The strange thing is that out of all my siblings,I'm the only one that has no "trading gene".
I couldn't sell anything.
My brothers and sisters all sold things right from boarding school and by college,the boys were richer than their peers
selling them anything from shirts to shoes to transporting nama in pick up vans for slaughter
Maybe I was switched at birth with an abeokuta child

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2008
Queenisha:

Maybe I was switched at birth with an abeokuta child

I think so, i couldnt even sell myself if i tried. Its that bad . . . most of my igbo uncles did pretty good but funny none of them took to trading. Even my mom is pretty good at selling (that is when she's not busy running as a charity organistation in the name of the Lord).
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by vikiviko(m): 3:25pm On Sep 17, 2008
Where is Monday Agbontaen, formerly a Julius Berger Player?

Abdul Sule Of Stationary Stores, Sam Pam,

Who remebers Monady Odiaka of ACB?

Wow! Precious Monye?
Where is Peter Anosike? he played with Kanu at Japan 93
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2008
Anyone knows where Duke Udi is?
Re: Where Is Phillip Osondu? by oziomatv(m): 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2008
Hilary chimezie formal captain of old spatans/IWUANYANWU national of owerri is a policeman in Holland.
Amechi Ani of Rangers Enugu is in Italy nothing to write home about as I heard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Qatar 2022: Paul Pogba Has Been Ruled Out Of The World Cup / Nigerian Implicated In Chukwuneta Anyabolu's Death In Brazil Arrested (Pics) / De Bruyne Beats Fernandes, Messi To IFFHS World's Best Playmaker Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.